So, GabeN and NVIDIA teamed up...

LukaP

Valve really shouldn't be picking favorites like this, given how much power they have.

It's not about having favorites.

Nvidia has right now just the best streaming solution available.

Why shouldn't they give different options to choose from?

RTX2070OC 

Exactly. If AMD had anything on this level, Valve would go there. 

Some people don't get that business is as much playing favourites as it is picking what is best. 

Why shouldn't Valve improve their OS to deliver what is one of the propositions it has, wich is game streaming? Instead they choose to go proprietary?

It's just money speaking, nothing more. Easy money for Valve.

Why shouldn't Valve improve their OS to deliver what is one of the propositions it has, wich is game streaming? Instead they choose to go proprietary?

It's just money speaking, nothing more. Easy money for Valve.

I think you don't get how Nvidias streaming works.

Nvidias streaming is hardware based which is exactly why it's superior to everything else and the reason they use it.

If AMD comes with their own version you will se them implementing it as well.

This has nothing to do with money but with getting the best streaming experience to everybody.

Why should Valve use a software solution that doesn't work good?

This way everyone gets the best out of their set up.

RTX2070OC 

Aw yess. Go GabeN. But right now Source and nVidia drivers is not a very stable combo, particularly with TF2.

post-83368-0-02903900-1409345169.gif

Ye ole' train

mantle was made obsolete by DX12 and oGL, and that was the entire point of it...

openCL doesnt really have much to do in this discussion

HSA kinda does because it's a really inovativte technology but that's not Nvidias turf. Just to throw that out there.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

So Valve (a company built on gaming), decides to work closely with a video card company because it has the largest market share, arguable better streaming technology and a larger R+D budget.  How is that a bad business move or evil?  Honestly if you get shitty with valve for wanting to stay competitive and offer more products for their customers then you really don't understand much.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah, about that...

I can't believe people are still posting this video. Linus' reaction is on par with 12 years old kid. Cool for some people I guess.

Also this.

http://www.cnet.com/news/torvalds-gives-nvidia-software-thumbs-up-not-middle-finger/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

What the hell is OpenCL got to do here?

CUDA is miles ahead of it already.

And Mantle...ah.It was just AMD trying to make a move in the right direction.Their implementation obviously failed,but at least they also changed the industry's direction too(DX12,OpenGL,etc.).They were hoping Mantle would become an industry standard,but I'm pretty sure it won't.In that case,their backup was that Mantle would give them a good karma in front of the public.

On the side note : OpenCL was developed originally by Apple,and then in collab. with AMD,Qualcomm,IBM,Intel and Nvidia.

What are you saying OpenCL is an API dude review your information.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What are you saying OpenCL is an API dude review your information.

Yeah.It's a framework actually,not just an API.

Did I say it wasn't?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yeah.It's a framework actually,not just an API.

Did I say it wasn't?

you said I qoute: " What the hell is OpenCL got to do here? CUDA is miles ahead of it already." you basically treated OpenCL as Architecture and that CUDA is way ahead of it so I believe you meant stream processor as I know it maybe I am wrong CUDA is the name Nvidia GPU cores.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

you said I qoute: " What the hell is OpenCL got to do here? CUDA is miles ahead of it already." you basically treated OpenCL as Architecture and that CUDA is way ahead of it so I believe you meant stream processor as I know it maybe I am wrong CUDA is the name Nvidia GPU cores.

CUDA is a framework too.

It's an API,it has instruction sets,libraries,etc.

I wasn't talking about CUDA processors.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Dirty AMD peasants,                                                                                                                         Glorious PC Gaming Valvidia Master Race

2489846-8589909743-origi.jpg

so keyes from NCIX is a peasant and I am peasant and I thought you were more classy young lady

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think you don't get how Nvidias streaming works.

Nvidias streaming is hardware based which is exactly why it's superior to everything else and the reason they use it.

If AMD comes with their own version you will se them implementing it as well.

This has nothing to do with money but with getting the best streaming experience to everybody.

Why should Valve use a software solution that doesn't work good?

This way everyone gets the best out of their set up.

Sure I know how it works. But why are you trying to make what I said about NVIDIA? This is on Valve, not NVIDIA.

NVIDIA can do whatever they want, they are not the ones who are making a free OS called SteamOS wich one of the main propositions it has is Game Streaming. I didn't want to get SteamOS because hardware vendors have streaming, I wanted because SteamOS has streaming.

I liked SteamOS because Valve was making it free in a open source platform - finnaly neutral ground for gaming, no more bullshit - and I was hoping for them to deliver what they proposed to offer with their OS, wich is Streaming. Yet they are not getting the best Streaming for everyone, apparently it's only for NVIDIA hardware. What about Intel? AMD? It's that the way everyone is getting the best out of their setup like you said? 

Now you are saying AMD and Intel have to come with a solution? Are you serious? What about Valve, shouldn't they be looking for a solution and make an effort to deliver something since it's their OS and pitched it has a platform for Streaming? Or are they passing the ball to IHVs?

Cause if that is the case, then what is the difference between SteamOS and Windows? It's free? Because that falls short when people spend thousands of dollars on PC builds, what is a OS in the middle of that...

Why didn't Valve address Intel, NVIDIA and AMD and said: "Listen we are making this free OS, we are focusing it on Streaming, and we want to ask you to access your hardware to improve the streaming quality we are set to achieve in our OS for every client of ours that uses your hardware"

What about that? No one would say no to them. In fact those who would say "No" could make their own proprietary streaming application for SteamOS, they are free to do so - but Valve should be delivering the best experience they could achieve with their OS, because that's what they were set to do - for everyone, not for some. Isn't that in their interest?

Unless they can't deliver what they were set to do with streaming... and again I'll say, why go for SteamOS if they can't deliver good streaming quality?

They can always change in their website: Steam OS with kinda nice Streaming on Intel and AMD hardware, but great in NVIDIA hardware.

If I don't see GABEN working with team Red soon I'm gonna be pissed.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

So let me get this straight,  Valve is working to give people a free OS (hidden costs of course) that leverages the best attributes from hardware vendors and people are still complaining. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sure I know how it works. But why are you trying to make what I said about NVIDIA? This is on Valve, not NVIDIA.

NVIDIA can do whatever they want, they are not the ones who are making a free OS called SteamOS wich one of the main propositions it has is Game Streaming. I didn't want to get SteamOS because hardware vendors have streaming, I wanted because SteamOS has streaming.

I liked SteamOS because Valve was making it free in a open source platform - finnaly neutral ground for gaming, no more bullshit - and I was hoping for them to deliver what they proposed to offer with their OS, wich is Streaming. Yet they are not getting the best Streaming for everyone, apparently it's only for NVIDIA hardware. What about Intel? AMD? It's that the way everyone is getting the best out of their setup like you said? 

Now you are saying AMD and Intel have to come with a solution? Are you serious? What about Valve, shouldn't they be looking for a solution and make an effort to deliver something since it's their OS and pitched it has a platform for Streaming? Or are they passing the ball to IHVs?

Cause if that is the case, then what is the difference between SteamOS and Windows? It's free? Because that falls short when people spend thousands of dollars on PC builds, what is a OS in the middle of that...

Why didn't Valve address Intel, NVIDIA and AMD and said: "Listen we are making this free OS, we are focusing it on Streaming, and we want to ask you to access your hardware to improve the streaming quality we are set to achieve in our OS for every client of ours that uses your hardware"

What about that? No one would say no to them. In fact those who would say "No" could make their own proprietary streaming application for SteamOS, they are free to do so - but Valve should be delivering the best experience they could achieve with their OS, because that's what they were set to do - for everyone, not for some. Isn't that in their interest?

Unless they can't deliver what they were set to do with streaming... and again I'll say, why go for SteamOS if they can't deliver good streaming quality?

They can always change in their website: Steam OS with kinda nice Streaming on Intel and AMD hardware, but great in NVIDIA hardware.

No you don't seem to understand how Nvidias solution works or else you would understand why Valve simply can't change anything for Intel/AMD hardware.

The streaming on Nvidia GPUs works with a dedicated encoder built into the GPU.

Valve can't just magically make a chip appear on a AMD GPUs just like they can't magically let a audio chip appear on Nvidia GPUs to support true audio.

Valve gives everyone software streaming and if your GPU/CPU supports a hardware solution they will also support it.

This has no negative effect on anybody nor does it close down anything.

I would like to know what Valve is supposed to do in your opinion? 

RTX2070OC 

this means the definite defeat of AMD! YESSSSS I KNEW IT!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Half Life 3 included with GTX 800 series CONFIRMED! xD 

there is no GTX 800 series :P

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

No you don't seem to understand how Nvidias solution works or else you would understand why Valve simply can't change anything for Intel/AMD hardware.

The streaming on Nvidia GPUs works with a dedicated encoder built into the GPU.

Valve can't just magically make a chip appear on a AMD GPUs just like they can't magically let a audio chip appear on Nvidia GPUs to support true audio.

Valve gives everyone software streaming and if your GPU/CPU supports a hardware solution they will also support it.

This has no negative effect on anybody nor does it close down anything.

I would like to know what Valve is supposed to do in your opinion? 

Why do you acuse me of ignorance when you are the one showing it? Now I have to ask you this: do YOU understand how Intel and AMD solution works? Because you don't seem to understand.

I don't know what kind of information/misinformation NVIDIA is passing to their fans, it's probably the same old bullshit of "we are the only ones/we are the pioneers/we invented". Here is the reality check:

NVIDIA streaming works just like Intel Quicksync and AMD Raptr - they all use GPU encoders. It's a common standard thing in GPUs and it's been around for quite a while.

Check, for example: http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2014/02/19/introducing-video-coding-engine-vce/

So yeah, Valve doesn't have to make a chip appear with the works of MAGIC in AMD and Intel solutions, because it's already there for a long time. Unlike NVIDIA and Intel, AMD is the only one with a dedicated Audio Processor (TrueAudio), so I don't know why you brought this up to this topic.

Now we have this: Valve ONLY supports NVIDIA hardware solution and only offers software solutions for Intel and AMD hardware, lowering CPU performance and therefore the gaming quality. This has a HUGE negative impact in both Intel and AMD users that get a worst experience because Valve doesn't seem to want to do a better job - they want to make a average solution, and now are waiting for IHV to make each one a solution to the problem Valve was set to achieve with SteamOS.

In other words: it seems that Valve wants each one of the IHV to solve SteamOS streaming problems. That's a big red flag right there. 

So I will say again what I think Valve should do: they should ask for access to every IHV GPU and their encoders, and build what they were set to do with SteamOS: the best game in-house streaming experience for their users, their own work - making a lower quality software streaming and sit back waiting for IHVs intervention it's a shitty behavior when it's THEIR OS and it's THEIR PROPOSITION to have game streaming. If they are just set to give the average experience, then their OS is set to be average.

It shouldn't be about "SteamOS In-Home streaming supports NVIDIA hardware", it should be "SteamOS In-Home streaming uses dedicated GPU encoders" - that's why I say they are being paid. It's PR, and it's bullshit. If Valve is set to give the best In-Home Streaming then they should have been talking to every IHV and deliver it to everyone. If not, then it's just money talking. Did they say they are working with others IHVs? No. So either they are not working with them, or they didn't want to say it. Weird right? 

Else why the hell should Intel and AMD go to Valve? Why don't they just invest their time in Windows then, if Valve has a passive behavior when it comes to Streaming and IHVs hardware support? I'm sure some would share their tech and help Valve, after all IHVs want to support their customers - but they surely shouldn't be doing Valves work. It's in Valve interest because it's Valve OS.

so keyes from NCIX is a peasant and I am peasant and I thought you were more classy young lady

its a joke... hence the spoiler tag which is obviously exaggareted in a manner meant to be funny

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

its a joke... hence the spoiler tag which is obviously exaggareted in a manner meant to be funny

Don't worry I know it's a joke I really do

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Half Life 3 included with GTX 800 series CONFIRMED! xD 

GTX 900 series get it right. I know it's dumb that they are skipping the GTX 800 series it will just add to confusion.