So, GabeN and NVIDIA teamed up...

LukaP

Where exactly did i state AMD's drivers are good? I was mainly talking about Nvidia's history with Linux drivers, not how Linux drivers are nowadays.

Although i'm sure AMD/ATI's drivers havn't always been up to scratch at times.

here, this implies they are good now

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Dirty AMD peasants,                                                                                                                         Glorious PC Gaming Valvidia Master Race

2489846-8589909743-origi.jpg

Seriously who drew that and why? What could have lead to this image existing?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

here, this implies they are good now

No, "at times" means sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good. Nothing about their current state.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Sounds like Nvidia's desperate attempt to not get phased out by OpenCL and Mantle and stuff like that.

why use the word desperate? mantle was never a threat to Nvidia and openCL not relevant.

Nvidia sucking another corporate cock to get another one-up against AMD. 

So you would also accuse AMD of sucking frostbites dick when they developed mantle to try and get one up on Nvidia? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Seriously who drew that and why? What could have lead to this image existing?

its a very old pic. iirc twas from r/pcmasterrace, an artistic impression of this

PC_Gaming_Master_Race_by_Claidheam_Righ.

No, "at times" means sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good. Nothing about their current state.

Haven't is more of the key word there ;) implies the past

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

So you would also accuse AMD of sucking frostbites dick when they developed mantle to try and get one up on Nvidia? 

Mantle is an open source API. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

so is that a yes or a no?

If no, then you are one sided with your appraisal of a companies intention.

If yes then you are unbiased and treat all companies with healthy disrespect.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Where exactly did i state AMD's drivers are good? I was mainly talking about Nvidia's history with Linux drivers, not how Linux drivers are nowadays.

" Although i'm sure AMD/ATI's drivers havn't always been up to scratch at times." implies that they are good now. Nvidia one ups AMD in the Linux dept. hands down. It's obvious you hated on Nvidia for no particular reason instead of thinking that moving forward is good and that this might open the bridge to linux gaming.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Yaay. More time wasted that could be spent working on my precious Half-Life 3 :)

am i the only one who doesnt give a shit? I never played half life and only played a half hour of hl2 xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

why, in every thread nvidia is mentioned, there is a troll trying to sell how they are butthurt over mantle, when its obvious (and official) that mantle was just proving ground, and a kick in the butt to MS and CHRONOS, and nothing else

I was just kidding, lol

Of course this is great news for people who want to play on their rig from a couch or something.

i know but still xD everyones all HL3!!!!!! I just dont get it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

so nothing

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

" Although i'm sure AMD/ATI's drivers havn't always been up to scratch at times." implies that they are good now. Nvidia one ups AMD in the Linux dept. hands down. It's obvious you hated on Nvidia for no particular reason instead of thinking that moving forward is good and that this might open the bridge to linux gaming.

The fact is i did not state that right now that they are doing good. I've heard and read varying reports of the state of Nvidia/AMD drivers in linux right now, so i don't know what the current state is. But i have only mentioned about past history, i stated that both companies have been bad and good at times but Nvidia seem to have a worse history.

why, in every thread nvidia is mentioned, there is a troll trying to sell how they are butthurt over mantle, when its obvious (and official) that mantle was just proving ground, and a kick in the butt to MS and CHRONOS, and nothing else

I didn't bring Mantle into this discussion, mr moose did.

so is that a yes or a no?

If no, then you are one sided with your appraisal of a companies intention.

If yes then you are unbiased and treat all companies with healthy disrespect.

Open Source - "denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified."

It was not made to be a one-up against Nvidia. Why would they make it open source if that was the case?

Open Source - "denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified."

Archangel did sorry

yes but mantle isnt open source.

also, from personal experience, nvidias drivers are good on linux side

yeey A good reason to use my 480. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The fact is i did not state that right now that they are doing good. I've heard and read varying reports of the state of Nvidia/AMD drivers in linux right now, so i don't know what the current state is. But i have only mentioned about past history, i stated that both companies have been bad and good at times but Nvidia seem to have a worse history.

actually Nvidia has the better track record and still triumphs. AMD hasn't ever been major in the Linux dept. but alright mate I understand.

It was not made to be a one-up against Nvidia. Why would they make it open source if that was the case?

Because people react the way you do and people think of them as the underdog and they get more sales, it's clever marketing of a product that had an ulterior motive.  

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

So only Nvidia suck dick to get one up and AMD would never do that?

yeey A good reason to use my 480. :D

needs kepler bae ;)

So only Nvidia suck dick to get one up and AMD would never do that?

Nvidia have always sucked corporate dick. You remeber how they used to use underhand tactics, like embedded code to make programs run worse on AMD hardware? And how they gave companies big rebates to use their hardware over their competitor?

As a company, i dislike their business ethics in that regard. But they do still make good products, that i won't argue with.

needs kepler bae ;)

Naw, Fermi in an 18C basement is love.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Nvidia have always sucked corporate dick. You remeber how they used to use underhand tactics, like embedded code to make programs run worse on AMD hardware?

false accusation right there

all else is just what a monopolist would do, good business tactics

Naw, Fermi in an 18C basement is love.

for h264 encoder you bae...

false accusation right there

all else is just what a monopolist would do, good business tactics

Which was false?

AMD sued Intel in 2005 for unfair competition, in regards to their compiler running worse on AMD cpu's.