Huge Windows 9 feature dump from WinBeta.org

They say their sources inside of Microsoft have confirmed a number of previously rumored features that will be included inside windows 9. Here is the gist of it.

-The total removal of the desktop for devices that don't need it

-Windows RT and Windows Phone will merge into a single OS

-Widget like interactive live tiles

-The updated modern UI for standard tablets will be the only interface they use

-A new notification center

-Cortina for desktop and tablet users :D

-More customization

I am very much looking forward to September 30th.

EDIT: forgot the link lol http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-9-threshold-welcome-modern-ui-20

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

hope they have an option to disable modern on desktops completly

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i am actually excite for having those live tile things in the start menu. so far 9 looks to be my next ugrade

so instead of listening to everyone who hated the metro interface, they are pushing it even more?

gg, Microsoft

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

(if true)

The updated modern UI for standard tablets will be the only interface they use

The total removal of the desktop for devices that don't need it

fuck you microsoft

fuck you

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This is the moment I've been waiting for: watching people realize that Windows 9 will contain the same UI as Windows 8, and then think "wait, does not compute..."

But I loved being able to go into the desktop on a tiny tablet and having a hard time using it!

Bluetooth Mouse+Keyboard makes tablets epic little computers imo. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But I loved being able to go into the desktop on a tiny tablet and having a hard time using it!

that includes the Microsoft Surface tablets.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

some people actually like it it just needs to be tweaked so you dont constantly go between the two and the modern ui is kind of buggy

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

source? also having the tablet ui only is suicide,windows on desktop is still they best asset, if they want so fucking bad the mobile market share, then make a dedicated os for it ffs, which you either make it free to license and cash in on the store like google does or do what you always done and let people put whatever the fucking want on it without any restriction like we could with all the previous release

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So, query for those Tablet rooters out there... Is it possible and/or difficult to get some flavor of Android or Linux onto a Windows Surface? I have no idea and am asking because I'm curious and have never used a tablet. Like, ever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-Widget-like interactive live tiles

-Cortana for desktop and tablet users

Fixed these specific errors because they bother me way more D:

Please change OP

Bluetooth Mouse+Keyboard makes tablets epic little computers imo.

That and an external monitor. If someone manages to cram an i5 (w/ iris pro igpu), 4+ gigs of ram, and a 128+ gig ssd into an 8 inch tablet w/ good battery life, a decent screen, and some good wireless display tech into it, I'd want it so badly.

I disagree with the removal of desktops. I want to open a command prompt in my Surface sometimes!

the surface needs the desktop, 8in tablets don't...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

source? also having the tablet ui only is suicide,windows on desktop is still they best asset, if they want so fucking bad the mobile market share, then make a dedicated os for it ffs, which you either make it free to license and cash in on the store or sell it, like google or do what they have always done and let people put whatever the fucking want on it without any restriction like we could with all the previous release

I linked it in.

Will WP9 come to WP8 devices is my biggest question?
And I can't wait for Cortana on my PC, it's awesome and super useful on my phone. :)

(if true)

The updated modern UI for standard tablets will be the only interface they use

The total removal of the desktop for devices that don't need it

fuck you microsoft

fuck you

Have you ever tried using the desktop on an 8 inch windows 8 tablet...?

Will WP9 come to WP8 devices is my biggest question?

And I can't wait for Cortana on my PC, it's awesome and super useful on my phone. :)

There is a little more info in the full article, but it is still a little grey at this point.

So, query for those Tablet rooters out there... Is it possible and/or difficult to get some flavor of Android or Linux onto a Windows Surface? I have no idea and am asking because I'm curious and have never used a tablet. Like, ever.

i think you can install any linux distro on the surface, it has a normal uefi bios with bootloader, but im not sure if all the feature of the surface will work

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

that includes the Microsoft Surface tablets.

I'm pretty sure it goes mostly for 8 inch tablets w/ atom processors as if MS removed the desktop from those devices, they would loose a good bit of their already small sales.