Show off your latest purchases

26 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What is a "RAMSES"?  

King Ramses, the Egyptian Pharoah (and also the name of the cat) 

1 hour ago, peej said:

i bought it on Saturday as well managed to get one from Nintendo themselves pretty sure i got one of the least if not the last one they had 

Nintendo sells stuff directly?

53 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

King Ramses, the Egyptian Pharoah (and also the name of the cat) 

Ohhh.  That's a cat?    I really need to look closer at things.  I thought it was a pug. ?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ohhh.  That's a cat?    I really need to look closer at things.  I thought it was a pug. ?

LOL it does kinda at a glance

15 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

yeah most people dont seem to realise this :P best bit is they offer next day delivery with DPD probably the best courier going so i got it about 24 hours after ordering it :D

I lurk a lot

49 minutes ago, peej said:

yeah most people dont seem to realise this :P best bit is they offer next day delivery with DPD probably the best courier going so i got it about 24 hours after ordering it :D

I don't think they do that in the US.  Oh well.  I'll get one eventually.  

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I don't think they do that in the US.  Oh well.  I'll get one eventually.  

they do have a us store they probably just use fedex or ups

I lurk a lot

2 hours ago, peej said:

they do have a us store they probably just use fedex or ups

Sorry, I meant idk if Nintendo has an online store in the US.  

Bought a tablet today to replace the 7" Tab2 that died last year.

P3070037.JPG

Store clerk : "Would you like extended warranty?  We have a cheap plan that extends it from 2 to 5 years"

Me : "no thanks, I'm going to void it before midnight anyway"

He thought I was kidding, but it's been 3 hours since I got home and it is already running Lineage OS.

I recently bought a small set of literature and study books, various from Wheel of Time to Introductory books on Linguistics. I got them used, but they were in great condition! All for about $40, too.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 3/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

Don't tell me tell @robertpartridge.  lol

Thank you.  ?

@ShadowTechXTS @Bleedingyamato

Finally got the new cooler installed today while the 2yr old was napping.  On my existing 4.2GHz OC my temps on the stock cooler were 44C idle / 80C max (100% cpu).  With the H7 I'm now seeing 34C idle / 54C max (100% cpu).  So of course, this means there's room for a higher OC.

14 hours ago, Albatross said:

-snip-

Picture or it didn't happen. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

7 minutes ago, robertpartridge said:

@ShadowTechXTS @Bleedingyamato

Finally got the new cooler installed today while the 2yr old was napping.  On my existing 4.2GHz OC my temps on the stock cooler were 44C idle / 80C max (100% cpu).  With the H7 I'm now seeing 34C idle / 54C max (100% cpu).  So of course, this means there's room for a higher OC.

That's awesome.  ?

I finished putting my computer together late Monday.  I haven't tried playing any games to test how loud the H7 gets while gaming but so far it's defintely quieter than my C7 was.  

Pretty sure my computer is quieter overall with the 3 ML 120 fans I'm using now too.  And I think my PSU might be quieter too but I'm not sure about that.  

I'm not sure how much of a temp drop I'm getting vs my C7 but I assume there has to be one.

When I was resetting my BIOS settings after finishing rebuilding my computer (dead CMOS battery I'm told, mb is barely a little over 1 year old if you can believe it) I noticed it said my CPU temp was 25C I believe.  

I might have some screenshots that show some temps I had gotten with my C7 but I'd have to try to find them.

Anyway the H7 seems to be very nice so far.  Though it seems the mounting feet, or whatever you'd call it, for the H7 is just barely touching the heatsink on my motherboard.  Not sure if that's bad or not but so far my computer hasn't exploded so hopefully it'll be ok.  lol

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Edited by Bleedingyamato

I've got my OC up to 4.5GHz now.  I just tapped the Vcore up a notch though cuz an hour into playing Borderlands 2 w/ the fiancee and I froze up - my temps though were only 42C in-game.  I am seeing about a 15% increase in FPS though (at highest settings) which is cool :-)

Latest purchase:

TowerRAID TR8X12G

http://www.sansdigital.com/tr8x12g.html

I had been looking for an affordable SAS3 back-plane solution for a while and this baby came on the market. I had 8 HGST 1.92TB SAS3 RI SSDs just collecting dust while I searched for a SAS3 back plane and or expander. Most were enterprise solutions that were 2-3U and would be nice but loud in the computer room.

With a RAID5 giving me 12.2TB usable SSD storage, I am getting over 3.3GB/s read speed. I was hoping for closer to 6.0GB/s but I am still stuck on PCI-e 2.0, so that may have some effect.

Altough most people will say their brand is like playing russian roulette, i can say with confidence the one i have feels pretty solid and my only complaint is that whites arent properly represented (i suppose all RGB peripherals are like that tough, but the mousepad actually renders them well surprisingly) and that the rubber feet are no match for the hefty size and weight of this keyboard and i dont even want to use them, altough i could be exaggerating, but with the wristrest its too much to bear :P. Nonetheless, clicky and tactile keys are awesome and it was my only option too. The wristrest is excellent that it is and so is the backlit.

20170309_193319[1].jpg

RGB set is finally complete .-., took over 6 months!

Groomlake Authority

Just bought myself 6 of these corsair 120mm A1225L12S fans ( great name). 

Got the lot for 20 euros. In new condition. 

IMG_20170311_161954.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Just bought myself 6 of these corsair 120mm A1225L12S fans ( great name). 

Got the lot for 20 euros. 

IMG_20170311_161954.jpg

Really not a bad deal, all things considered. If I could nab like 4-6 new AF140L's for something like 30 bucks I'd be dabbin all night long.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

49 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Really not a bad deal, all things considered. If I could nab like 4-6 new AF140L's for something like 30 bucks I'd be dabbin all night long.

Yeah, i really needed fans for my build. Finally my 290xs will be able to breath with the side panel on. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

36 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Yeah, i really needed fans for my build. Finally my 290xs will be able to breath with the side panel on. 

IDK why nobody likes the AF140L's. Mine are whisper quiet at 600RPM (all three of them), and they deliver an adequate amount of airflow.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Am i old yet? I bought a goddamn trackball!

IMG_20170311_141250505.jpg

Reason is, i'm really tired of using a "gaming" mouse to just glide around my 40' TV when i'm not gaming, i'm also starting to experience a bit of wrist pain since i have i deal with computers my entire day.

The M570 is a really nice trackball, it feels like a mouse to hold excluding the fact that you use the blue ball (inb4: blue balls jokes) to move the cursor around, it connects via a standard Logitech Nano receiver (which can sync up to 4 Logi' devices in a single receiver) and has a very long battery life.

Definitely not for everyone, i personally enjoy it.

Btw, the M65 next to it has a bad scroll encoder and the middle click doesn't work, i think i'm going to take it out of order and buy something like a G403 Prodigy, since i never had a problem with Logitech devices.

PS: i found some cool balls to put on it! Like this perfectly spherical 34mm "tiger eye" stone ball.

Captura de Tela (3).png

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX