Show off your latest purchases

12 minutes ago, divito said:

Might take pics when they arrive, but just ordered:

Used 5350, AM1H board, and a brand new M350.

i dont even know what this is, is it old?

1 minute ago, Radiant said:

i dont even know what this is, is it old?

Essentially, yes, it's older.

ASRock AM1H-ITX
AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini

The motherboard has DC, so using the brick that it comes with for power. I have an SSD and some RAM lying around to use with it. And I'm putting it into the M350 ITX case.

2 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

I don't think LTT really intended people to remember/care about PPC, so I guess give them a pass on it? And ofc PPC and x86 architectures are totally different so there's that.

I guess?  It was still an interesting video and assuming the CPUs you mentioned weren't used by AMD then at least the video would be correct in that it was the first dual core CPU that was also 64-bit?    (64-bit without any bugs in 32-bit compatibility perhaps too vs the CPU Corrupt_Liberty just talked about.)

2 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Intel had Itanium 64-bit CPU's but they had poor 32-bit support.  AMD64 has support for full speed 32-bit applications while still supporting 64 addressing and instruction sets.  While Itanium was great for high end server and mainframe applications, AMD64 was much better suited to a user base that was slow and reluctant to adopt 64-bit fully.  Intel was basically forced to acquiesce and license the technology from AMD. How many 32-bit applications do you still run?

I'm not sure tbh.  I'd have to check.   ?

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

I got it off eBay for $275 (64gb). It was still under warranty, so I took it to an Apple store and exchanged it for a new one. So essentially, I got a brand new one for $275 xD 

The iPod isn't worth it anymore, especially if you don't mind buying refurbs. You get so much more for not much more cash with the SE.

Was there something wrong with it enough that they exchanged it for you?

At least at that price I very much agree it's a better deal than a touch.  I think I paid $250 for a 64GB one a few years ago.  So a little more for a used iPhone wouldn't be bad at all.  

50 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

-slaps you- Did I stutter? lol jk yes it has a smaller curve. Also it isnt a AMVA panel its just a regular VA panel.

Sorry!  ?    I got mixed up which monitor you meant wasn't as curved.  

The Z35 is VA while the X34 is IPS right?

Sorry again, I got woken up early this morning so I'm a little sluggish mentally today.  

27 minutes ago, Radiant said:

yesterday   bought a new shaver, shaved my d*** and cut myelf..hurts af and im still mad xD 

TMI dude.  lol

Though regardless of where you're shaving you need to be careful.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I guess?  It was still an interesting video and assuming the CPUs you mentioned weren't used by AMD then at least the video would be correct in that it was the first dual core CPU that was also 64-bit?    (64-bit without any bugs in 32-bit compatibility perhaps too vs the CPU Corrupt_Liberty just talked about.)

At least at that price I very much agree it's a better deal than a touch.  I think I paid $250 for a 64GB one a few years ago.  So a little more for a used iPhone wouldn't be bad at all.  

Sorry again, I got woken up early this morning so I'm a little sluggish mentally today.  

TMI dude.  lol

tmi?

tmi?

Too Much Information. Which it kinda was lol

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

48 minutes ago, Radiant said:

yesterday   bought a new shaver, shaved my d*** and cut myelf..hurts af and im still mad xD 

I'm 18 and I've never shaved... Also I'd say pics or it didn't happen but... yeah probably not my best idea

my other latest purchase:

14881518739131868178344.jpg

2 minutes ago, Eredian said:

ah sorry

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'm 18 and I've never shaved... Also I'd say pics or it didn't happen but... yeah probably not my best idea

gaha no sorry dude, i did cut myself though and it did really sting for the first few hours

tmi?

Oh.  Sorry.  It means Too Much Information = TMI  Understand now?

It's an expression that means you shared more information than normally would be a good idea.

In this situation I was making a joke (teasing you) since shaving around your man parts is not usually something a guy tells others in a public setting.  lol

But seriously it's not a problem or anything.  At least not to me.  I was just having fun.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Oh.  Sorry.  It means Too Much Information = TMI  Understand now?

It's an expression that means you shared more information than normally would be a good idea.

In this situation I was making a joke (teasing you) since shaving around your man parts is not usually something a guy tells others in a public setting.  lol

But seriously it's not a problem or anything.  At least not to me.  I was just having fun.

na i understand its fine...sometimes i worry if i am too opne in public......

5 minutes ago, Eredian said:

Your picture makes me imagine a kitty version of Dr. Moriarty.  (From Sherlock Holmes.)

I like it.  ?

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Why not?    Are you super hairy on your face?

Cool.    So you just plug in a mSATA drive and then into a USB port?

Won't USB 3.0 bottleneck the mSATA drive though?

Sorry.  It's still cool.  Though a USB 3.1 version would be nice too.

3 minutes ago, Radiant said:

ah sorry

It's ok.  Really.  Don't worry too much about it.  

5 minutes ago, Radiant said:

na i understand its fine...sometimes i worry if i am too opne in public......

Maybe just a little.  But honestly there's far worse things for people to do than mention where they shaved.  lol

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Your picture makes me imagine a kitty version of Dr. Moriarty.  (From Sherlock Holmes.)

i still wonder how someone is 18 and hasent shaved yet, i mean i shaved my private area the first the first time when i was 12 but i gotta say i was early af into puberty, im  13 turning 14 soon and i already have enough facial hair to be able to say i have to shave my face

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why not?    Are you super hairy on your face?

Cool.    So you just plug in a mSATA drive and then into a USB port?

Won't USB 3.0 bottleneck the mSATA drive though?

Sorry.  It's still cool.  Though a USB 3.1 version would be nice too.

It was like 5$ for the enclosure and I get very acceptable speeds from it, the msata SSD isn't a super fast one but its still like 3 times faster than a desktop HDD

i still wonder how someone is 18 and hasent shaved yet, i mean i shaved my private area the first the first time when i was 12 but i gotta say i was early af into puberty, im  13 turning 14 soon and i already have enough facial hair to be able to say i have to shave my face

While on the topic of hair, I really don't have facial hair or much on my arms and legs

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

While on the topic of hair, I really don't have facial hair or much on my arms and legs

damn, i am 14 soon and my legs look even worse than this

sorry bout the copyright

hairy-leg-17861352.jpg

1 hour ago, divito said:

Might take pics when they arrive, but just ordered:

Used 5350, AM1H board, and a brand new M350.

I hope AMD makes another "AM1" platform (perhaps an LP1 platform?) because they're honestly dope ass platforms for Plex servers if you get one of the quad-core chips.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Chips I was talking about were more enterprise or professional oriented (not sure which you'd call them), and they weren't compatible with Windows because, again, PPC.

But yes, as for the first dual core x64 CPU, that's the A64 x2 and the first non-enterprise x64 CPU was the OG A64.

56 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

SSD HARD DISK  BOX

Jokes aside I haven't shaved either (just trimmed to not look like a pedo). I AM THE REINCARNATION OF IDUBBBZ

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

TMI dude.  lol

Z35 is a VA X34 is a IPS get some sleep I have repeated this over 3 times already. :P

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

23 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Z35 is a VA X34 is a IPS get some sleep I have repeated this over 3 times already. :P

A simple "yes that's right" would be ok.  lol

I'm sorry.  I feel bad to annoy nice people like yourself,

Though I'm happy I'm not in the same room with you atm.  I have a feeling I'd be a little bruised by now.  ?

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nothing major, it was just the vibration motor rattling (which as it turns out was a design problem with the SE) and the home button sometimes not waking the phone unless I pressed it a couple more times (which turned out to be a problem with iOS10 on the SE), but beyond that, they exchanged it for a new one no questions asked. Given that the SE hasn't been out for a year yet, I'd assume all refurbished units are still under their original warranty.

I paid $290 for my 32GB 5th gen iPod touch when it came out in 2012, so this felt like a great deal to me, even if I didn't exchange it for a new one.

2 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Wot now? Pics? :P

pls no senpai

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

A simple "yes that's right" would be ok.  lol

I'm sorry.  I feel bad to annoy nice people like yourself,

Though I'm happy I'm not in the same room with you atm.  I have a feeling I'd be a little bruised by now.  ?

lol Nah I just like joking around with people. My post was supposed to be joking around hence the :P guess emotion is a bit hard to convey through text lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

Nothing major, it was just the vibration motor rattling (which as it turns out was a design problem with the SE) and the home button sometimes not waking the phone unless I pressed it a couple more times (which turned out to be a problem with iOS10 on the SE), but beyond that, they exchanged it for a new one no questions asked. Given that the SE hasn't been out for a year yet, I'd assume all refurbished units are still under their original warranty.

I paid $290 for my 32GB 5th gen iPod touch when it came out in 2012, so this felt like a great deal to me, even if I didn't exchange it for a new one.

That's nice you were able to get a new SE.  ?

The home button on mine seems very loud and clicky vs the button on my 5s and iPad Air.  It's very annoying.  ?

38 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

lol Nah I just like joking around with people. My post was supposed to be joking around hence the :P guess emotion is a bit hard to convey through text lol

Sorry.  I know you were joking.  I just sometimes feel like I'm pressing someone's last nerve and making them want to strangle me.  ?

I was trying to let you know it's not intentional.  ?