Show off your latest purchases

16 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Interesting.  Unfortunate for you but interesting.

Will probably be getting the EVGA 1080 Ti... It looks interesting...

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

8 minutes ago, Xsinar said:

Will probably be getting the EVGA 1080 Ti... It looks interesting...

I'm leaning towards that one too.  I'm very interested to try a card with their new ICX cooler.

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Are you you going to get a Switch and Breath of the Wild too?

What's that on the right?

Are you getting the other Breath of the Wild Amiibo?

Do you open your amiibo and/or figures or leave them in the boxes?

Right now I am still on the fence on buying a Switch and BoW.  I may wait for cheap ones down the road.  Also, still playing through a few games on my Wii U.

On the right is a Horde figure, I like figures, and I collect them.  Bad thing, I now will wind up with another expensive hobby of painting miniatures.  Darn things are not cheap.

I tend to open the boxes then display them on my shelf along with other figurines.  On other BoW Amiibos, I plan to nab a few of the others, but I really waiting on the two new Fire Emblem ones.  That guardian was not a easy nab.  One of the last two in the whole region.  Even the ones on the base where nabbed quickly.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

Right now I am still on the fence on buying a Switch and BoW.  I may wait for cheap ones down the road.  Also, still playing through a few games on my Wii U.

On the right is a Horde figure, I like figures, and I collect them.  Bad thing, I now will wind up with another expensive hobby of painting miniatures.  Darn things are not cheap.

I tend to open the boxes then display them on my shelf along with other figurines.  On other BoW Amiibos, I plan to nab a few of the others, but I really waiting on the two new Fire Emblem ones.  That guardian was not a easy nab.  One of the last two in the whole region.  Even the ones on the base where nabbed quickly.

Buying a switch doesn't mean you'd have to get rid of your Wii U.  Especially since I'm not sure how Nintendo is handling virtual console stuff on the Switch.  Idk if there even is a virtual console store or if there is it would allow for transfers from a Wii U.

But I can understand not wanting to get a $300 console until you're sure it's worth it.  

Horde as in Warcraft?    Or something else?

Expensive is a bummer but if it's something you enjoy then pursue it.  ?

At least with your art skills you'll have some of the best painted miniatures around I bet.

You should look on Amazon first next time.  They have all the Breath of the Wild Amiibos last I checked.    I want the new Zelda amiibo and at least one of the Links.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Buying a switch doesn't mean you'd have to get rid of your Wii U.  Especially since I'm not sure how Nintendo is handling virtual console stuff on the Switch.  Idk if there even is a virtual console store or if there is it would allow for transfers from a Wii U.

But I can understand not wanting to get a $300 console until you're sure it's worth it.  

Horde as in Warcraft?    Or something else?

Expensive is a bummer but if it's something you enjoy then pursue it.  ?

At least with your art skills you'll have some of the best painted miniatures around I bet.

You should look on Amazon first next time.  They have all the Breath of the Wild Amiibos last I checked.    I want the new Zelda amiibo and at least one of the Links.

I'm not getting rid of my Wii U, but I never been much for dropping $300 bucks on a console.  At most, I wait till they drop to $200 or less.  I'm a patience person.

Nah, it not Warcraft.  Hordes is an actual tabletop game like Warhammer 40K, Warmachine, D&D, etc.  I don't play those, but I do like the figurines.

Here a pic of it assembled.  Now I just have to prime and paint.  Going to be my first so a learning experience for sure.

IMG_20170305_115721093.jpg

Plus, I could not buy on Amazon at the moment.  Outside my home State with no mail box for a few weeks.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

12 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I'm not getting rid of my Wii U, but I never been much for dropping $300 bucks on a console.  At most, I wait till they drop to $200 or less.  I'm a patience person.

Nah, it not Warcraft.  Hordes is an actual tabletop game like Warhammer 40K, Warmachine, D&D, etc.  I don't play those, but I do like the figurines.

Here a pic of it assembled.  Now I just have to prime and paint.  Going to be my first so a learning experience for sure.

Plus, I could not buy on Amazon at the moment.  Outside my home State with no mail box for a few weeks.

Saving money is nice but given that Breath of the Wild will look better on the Switch I don't plan to wait to get one.  

Idk how you could manage to wait long enough for the Switch to get cheaper but I applaud your skills.  

That looks cool.  Certainly even better after its painted.  Good luck!

For air guard stuff?  I didn't think that required going that far from where someone lives.  

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Saving money is nice but given that Breath of the Wild will look better on the Switch I don't plan to wait to get one.  

Idk how you could manage to wait long enough for the Switch to get cheaper but I applaud your skills.  

That looks cool.  Certainly even better after its painted.  Good luck!

For air guard stuff?  I didn't think that required going that far from where someone lives.  

Guard don't just do the two weekend deal.  There is the annual training and several chances to volunteer out at other bases on orders.  Plus, deployments.  Funky thing, I have traveled more in the Guard than I did six years active.  I actually got to go to Britain for a few weeks. 

On waiting out, I put games low on my priority list compare to my other hobbies.

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Guard don't just do the two weekend deal.  There is the annual training and several chances to volunteer out at other bases on orders.  Plus, deployments.  Funky thing, I have traveled more in the Guard than I did six years active.  I actually got to go to Britain for a few weeks. 

On waiting out, I put games low on my priority list compare to my other hobbies.

Doesn't something do that "some weekend per month, blankety blank weeks a year" thing?

Games are one of my few hobbies so it's hard for them not to be a high priority.  I don't have much else to do...  

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

My previous space heater is a true fire hazard.  Plug it in and it sparks in any outlet.  

So, to heat up my room I got an Intel 4790k with stock cooler and a GTX 480 GPU.

4790k.JPG

Yet the item in that picture is neither a CPU or a graphics card.  ?

Isn't that overkill for a bedroom?    1500W sounds like a lot.  Though I'm just guessing.   

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Doesn't something do that "some weekend per month, blankety blank weeks a year" thing?

Games are one of my few hobbies so it's hard for them not to be a high priority.  I don't have much else to do...  

Guard and Reserve do the two weekends a month with two week annual training, but both get orders to handle other military related tasks considering active duty don't have enough personnel to handle everything.

Picked up a Cryorig H7 to replace the stock cooler on a AMD FX-6300.  Was running at 4.2GHz but as soon as time permits, I'll be pushing this OC further.

Cryorig H7.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Guard and Reserve do the two weekends a month with two week annual training, but both get orders to handle other military related tasks considering active duty don't have enough personnel to handle everything.

Ah.    Nothing dangerous for you I hope.  Unless you like danger.  ? 

15 minutes ago, robertpartridge said:

Picked up a Cryorig H7 to replace the stock cooler on a AMD FX-6300.  Was running at 4.2GHz but as soon as time permits, I'll be pushing this OC further.

Very nice.  I just put a H7 on my 6700K.  Still rebuilding my computer so I haven't gotten to try it out yet though.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Very nice.  I just put a H7 on my 6700K.  Still rebuilding my computer so I haven't gotten to try it out yet though.

I'm in much the same situation.  PC is still in a "non-working" state thanks to things like life & kids.  Dealing with using the Chromebook for now.  Would be interested to hear how the H7 turns out for you.

51 minutes ago, robertpartridge said:

I'm in much the same situation.  PC is still in a "non-working" state thanks to things like life & kids.  Dealing with using the Chromebook for now.  Would be interested to hear how the H7 turns out for you.

I'm not lucky enough to have kids yet but life is certainly a distraction sometimes.  ?

Yesterday I didn't finish because I was part working on my computer and part watching movies so it slowed me down.  Then I ran into a little issue trying to figure out which M.2 slot I'm going to put my new 960 Pro in.  Today it was college hw and feeling sick.  

You'll get your computer back working again I'm sure.  ?

If you want a more immediate idea of how the H7 does you could ask @ShadowTechXTS he's got one too I know.   

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm not lucky enough to have kids yet but life is certainly a distraction sometimes.  ?

Don't rush LMAO!

If you want a more immediate idea of how the H7 does you could ask @ShadowTechXTS he's got one too I know.   

I've read tons of reviews but that never substitutes for getting first hand accounts.

5 minutes ago, robertpartridge said:

Don't rush LMAO!

I've read tons of reviews but that never substitutes for getting first hand accounts.

I'm 29 so I'm hardly rushing to find that special someone.  ?

Exactly.  First hand accounts are very helpful.   

I forgot to mention that I put an H7 in a build for my friend that gave her as a birthday present last fall.  I only heard it run while the computer was booting up and idling on the desktop while I installed Windows 10 for her along with a few programs like Steam and Fraps but I'm pretty sure my impression was it wasn't too loud.  

I was previously using a Cryorig C7 so if the H7 is at least as nice as that then I'm sure it'll do very nicely.   

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Was a joke and I picked the coldest room in the house...big ass room.

Sorry.  I'm sick.  I blame that for being mentally defective today.  lol

7 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It keeps my i5 4460 under 40c and it's almost silent.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Crappy picture that I posted elsewhere, here is muh G810 and G502...AND RAMSES 

What is a "RAMSES"?  

7 minutes ago, peej said:

my nintendo switch :P

That's awesome!  You're very lucky to have one already.  Though my jealousy requires I hate you just a little bit.  It's the rules you know.  ? lol

Spoiler

Kidding.  I don't really hate you.  I'm just being silly.  ?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

That's awesome!  You're very lucky to have one already.  Though my jealousy requires I hate you just a little bit.  It's the rules you know.  ? lol

Reveal hidden contents

Kidding.  I don't really hate you.  I'm just being silly.  ?

i bought it on Saturday as well managed to get one from Nintendo themselves pretty sure i got one of the least if not the last one they had 

I lurk a lot