Reasons i hate living in uk

Gammawolf

I don't know exactly why would that be, but is it because of low income taxes or something related? I've heard a lot of rich people move there due to something related to taxes. I'm not exactly sure, but is this correct, of have I been fed with sh*t?

Don't start one of these arguments again... We Europeans don't have the same mentality that you must own a gun to "protect yourself" and the laws regarding firearms are much stricter, and thus gun crimerate is much lower when compared to US. In most European countries you can own a gun for hunting, target practicing or collecting, though. Correct me in case of misinformation.

Incorrect, statistically speaking your gun crime rate is about the same. Not to mention overall violent crime. Please stop being like the Lib/dems in this country and thinking that criminals obey the laws, as if their gonna say "oh wait man, we cant rob that liqour store with these guns, that's illegal man".

I'd like to see you take on a criminal with a gun, with nothing but your hands since (And this is what I've been told, not entirely sure if its true) you can't carry a pocket knife in the UK. If that's wrong please correct me but it's what I've been told by guildmates who live over there.

If your willing to trust your life, and the lives of those you love, to the protection from those who are just minutes away when you might have seconds to live, your an sheep.

I'd rather live in the UK if it's cold, hate the summer here in the US (I hate summer in general, I'm a winter person). AND WHO COMPLAINED OF TOPGEAR UK? KILL HIM!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Come explore the states man. We got plenty to do here. theirs always a boat load of different things in every state.

Best states (IMO) :

Pennsylvania

California

Ohio

Virginia

Washington State

-----------------------------

Or you could become a US resident and move to Guam or the Virgin Islands xD

what u smoking UK is the 2nd place i would go, japan being the 1st(despite the weirdness going on). the least place i would go to is USA( no offense and you drive on the wrong side of the road <_< and the cars looks like they are made out of cheap plastic except the vipers i like them xD

lives on

BAKABT

Come explore the states man. We got plenty to do here. theirs always a boat load of different things in every state.

Best states (IMO) :

Pennsylvania

California

Ohio

Virginia

Washington State

-----------------------------

Or you could become a US resident and move to Guam or the Virgin Islands xD

its like 100% impossible to get US status

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Incorrect, statistically speaking your gun crime rate is about the same. Not to mention overall violent crime. Please stop being like the Lib/dems in this country and thinking that criminals obey the laws, as if their gonna say "oh wait man, we cant rob that liqour store with these guns, that's illegal man".

I'd like to see you take on a criminal with a gun, with nothing but your hands since (And this is what I've been told, not entirely sure if its true) you can't carry a pocket knife in the UK. If that's wrong please correct me but it's what I've been told by guildmates who live over there.

If your willing to trust your life, and the lives of those you love, to the protection from those who are just minutes away when you might have seconds to live, your an sheep.

I'd rather live in the UK if it's cold, hate the summer here in the US (I hate summer in general, I'm a winter person). AND WHO COMPLAINED OF TOPGEAR UK? KILL HIM!

I for one am happy people are not allowed to carry knives or guns, lets not get into this debate on this thread though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I for one am happy people are not allowed to carry knives or guns, lets not get into this debate on this thread though

Again, you realise that doesn't actually stop someone intent on doing so right?

Kinda like how speed limit signs don't stop people from speeding? And neither do speed cameras, people learn where they are, slow down whilst in range, then continue speeding.

They're criminals for a reason?

Ok that talk about immigrants is pissing me off, they have a right to get jobs you know. Fokin' right-winged *insert angry muttering here*

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Again, you realise that doesn't actually stop someone intent on doing so right?

Kinda like how speed limit signs don't stop people from speeding? And neither do speed cameras, people learn where they are, slow down whilst in range, then continue speeding.

They're criminals for a reason?

I 100% realise that. but since we do not have firearms readily available, we have much less gun crime

Knife crime is common, but since you are not allowed to carry them, generally less people carry them. A friendly fist fight could turn into a stabbing much easier if people carry knives around, vs not carrying them

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

There is no particular order there is no worse to least worse or other way round 

1 the cities: they are ugly there's no sense of architecture all they build is ugly concrete buildings

2  the roads: they so small that they cause loads of traffic and you can't drive muscle cars here or you would be hogging the roads and parking spaces

3  tea drinking obsession: i hate the obsession here it i get offended when other countries talk about this stereotype which is true 

4 The EU: i hate having another country make laws for this country

5 the government: something that all UK resident would agree with me with this the all the government not one of them do something goof for the country but instead make the country worse 

6  English football obsession: here everyone that plays football here just sweats it and takes it too seriously 

7 lack of variety in the countryside: i don't hate the country side its self here but i hate the lack of variety of country side here in the UK all it is just fields and no rocky mountains and just lake's surrounded by fields

8 the girls: most of them are ugly you would rarely see decent looking ones and very rarely see good looking ones (i don't really care about girls it just something i see all the time)

9 The immigrants: this country is over run with them taking all the jobs some areas in my city feel like another country because of the amount of immigrants 

10 boring food: most of foods here are just boring cakes, biscuits and scones well anything that's made from wheat are the boring foods but i do like a Sunday roast and fish and chips 

That's it if i think of more i will add it

and before you say  leave the country i am only 13 and i can't wait till i get my degrees and get enough money to go and live in Canada

I thought Lady Thatcher shielded the UK from the brunt of EU domination.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

in Australia its impossible to get guns unless you somehow raid the poilce station or same military base if you can pull that off, E.g storming in with a hummer marauder xD(though you properly get blown off by an RPG)

though you can get samurai swords(which my uncle obtain somehow) but if the cops found out they will ask if you got a licence if you dont have one they confiscate it, 

lives on

BAKABT

If you think you've got problems in the UK, let me show you something.

Well I was going to find a jersey shore meme, but couldn't find anything appropriate. Still, at least you don't live as close to new jersey as we do.

frabz-New-Jersey-you-will-never-find-a-m

I 100% realise that. but since we do not have firearms readily available, we have much less gun crime

Knife crime is common, but since you are not allowed to carry them, generally less people carry them. A friendly fist fight could turn into a stabbing much easier if people carry knives around, vs not carrying them

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

Yeah you don't actually have less gun crime. It's not that hard to make statistics say what you want them to say.

For instance, whenever they bring up the number of gun deaths each year, whilst talking about crime, the lib/dems tend to include the number of suicides in that number, which doesn't really count.

And still, New Jersery > your complaints about your country lol

also

wEvWE.jpg

that made me laugh

There is no particular order there is no worse to least worse or other way round 

1 the cities: they are ugly there's no sense of architecture all they build is ugly concrete buildings

2  the roads: they so small that they cause loads of traffic and you can't drive muscle cars here or you would be hogging the roads and parking spaces

3  tea drinking obsession: i hate the obsession here it i get offended when other countries talk about this stereotype which is true 

5 the government: something that all UK resident would agree with me with this the all the government not one of them do something goof for the country but instead make the country worse 

6  English football obsession: here everyone that plays football here just sweats it and takes it too seriously 

7 lack of variety in the countryside: i don't hate the country side its self here but i hate the lack of variety of country side here in the UK all it is just fields and no rocky mountains and just lake's surrounded by fields

8 the girls: most of them are ugly you would rarely see decent looking ones and very rarely see good looking ones (i don't really care about girls it just something i see all the time)

9 The immigrants: this country is over run with them taking all the jobs some areas in my city feel like another country because of the amount of immigrants 

10 boring food: most of foods here are just boring cakes, biscuits and scones well anything that's made from wheat are the boring foods but i do like a Sunday roast and fish and chips 

1. You clearly haven't been around the country, if you knew any better, you would see that England has some of the best architecture in the world. Even in cities, you can find castles, historic buildings, such as the Durham Cathedral which was the tallest church and building in the world when it was erected. 

2. We don't drive large cars and our country is simply not large enough for roads like America and Canada. The roads here may not be the best, but they are perfectly fine to drive on. Also, muscle cars are stupidly large and not practical. 

3. No, we do not have a tea drinking obsession like you blindly say. You are simply repeating the stereotype as if it were fact. 

4. The EU doesn't just make laws for us. If you knew anything about the UK legal system, you would know this. 

5. Explain how they make it worse. Most of the time, governments do everything in their power to improve the country. The things that are bad are publicised more, just like other news. 

6. Brasil have more of a football obsession than ourselves. We invented the sport, so of course the majority will enjoy it. 

7. Go to any other country and you will see that the country side is pretty much the same all around their country too. Not the same as here, but identical none the less. We have a huge variation the landscape here, just head up to the Lake's or to the Pennines, there are huge differences within the country. 

8. You're joking right? Just because someone isn't the best looking does not make them ugly or unlikeable. You will bump into these "ugly" girls all over the world, not just in England. Have a little more respect. 

9. Do not start with that terrible and poorly structured argument. Immigrating is how the world works. Not only that, but you say at the end of this that you would love to move to Canada if you had the money, I am afraid to say that is immigrating. You will only be doing what you think is wrong here. They do not take the jobs. They have the qualifications for such a job, meaning they will have a higher priority over someone who doesn't no matter where they are from or who they are. 

10. You only say that because you have grown up with the food. How about making your own, add your own twists to it, make it interesting to yourself. Food in Canada is nothing special either. Being someone who has visited and intends to move there in a year or so, you will see that the food is hardly different from our own. 

Your arguments are poor and aren't constructive at all. The immigration one is the most common and pathetic of all. Get off your high horse and understand that just because someone isn't from the same country as you, it doesn't give you any more benefits than them. They still pay taxes, still have to obey the laws of this country and have to adjust to our life style, making it actually harder for them to find a job. 

You clearly don't travel your own country to understand and appreciate what you already have. 

There is only one reason why I don't want to live where I do and that is because there are little opportunities for the things I want to do in my town. The rest of England is completely different and diverse. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yeah you don't actually have less gun crime. 

What?

Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

"The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world."

" Shooting fatalities of members of the police are extremely rare; there were three in England and Wales in the eleven-year period from 2000/01 to 2010/11"

What about all the good things about the UK?

- Pretty decent network infrastructure (even if 4G isn't quite here yet) - in most places you can get at least 25Mb/s fibre broadband

- Lower cost of living compared to other countries

- A successful healthcare system

- Variety of culture in different places

- A lot of history to go and look at

- The choice between very quiet, rural areas to live and busy city areas

- Lots of fun things to do within an hour's drive of anywhere

- Some of the best education in the world (more so for higher education)

- A mix of tourist attractions - beaches, theme parks, zoos, museums etc

I generally think the UK is an awesome place. Yes, some of the people here make it a crappy place to live, but you have to learn to ignore them. You will learn to love it when you're older. You should be glad you are able to do all of these things - you could have ended up somewhere else, in a developing country, for instance.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

*owns a gun* *hasn't killed anyone*

And shield your eyes

south-park-jersey-1.jpeg

The horror.

That's it if i think of more i will add it

and before you say  leave the country i am only 13 and i can't wait till i get my degrees and get enough money to go and live in Canada

1) The UK is renowned for it's architecture, both historic and modern, get out more. All depends where you live I suppose, some places are just a concrete mess.

2) Some of the best driving roads exist here, no idea why you are so desperate for a 'muscle' car, European and Japanese cars are a lot more fun on our roads... and in general.

3) It's a stereotype, according to statistics Turkey is the biggest importer of tea per capita, the Irish drink more than the English.

4) The EU mostly provides directives, the actual legislation is governed by the UK itself, that's why there are differences between EU countries. I realize what you are trying to say but I'm not going to get into that.

5) Yeah everyone loves a good bitch at the government often with good reason, but like @Askew said there are worse places. I'd be happy to put you in a bag and send you over to Somalia, this also covers your government comment.

6) Again more of a stereotype, it's the most popular sport in the world, the majority of the best players in the UK are foreign and if you missed the last couple of World Cups you would be unaware that the national players are shit. Other countries are just as if not more passionate about this sport.

7) Yeah I partly agree here, it's a shame that most of the woodland was destroyed throughout the middle ages, but it's finally on the rise again and very well protected. You get bored of the same landscape if you see it day in day out, I think some parts of Africa are really beautiful, but when I traveled around there most locals were all a bit meh, they didn't hate it but when I showed them photos of the UK's landscape they thought it was like paradise.

8) I dunno, around this time of year I see some pretty sexy girls around. My penis also disagrees.

9) Look deeper into the statistics on immigration in the UK and currently they are far less of a drain on the economy than what you might hear from certain media groups, in fact they are more often the biggest contributers. It is an issue though purely because of numbers, the doors will tighten over the coming years, they already have to be honest, if you are from outside the EU and are not seeking asylum you have some pretty high targets to meet to retain a visa. 

10) Yeah the indigenous foods can be a little bland and boring sometimes, but the majority of foods from all different nations are available in the UK... Again you are lucky that you live in a country that has an abundance of food... I really want to shove you in this bag... 

9. The Weather

Yes ! I envy you brits so f**king much for your weather. 

The rest of Europe has constant swamp-butt from July to September while you guys only get a few slightly uncomfortable days.

I am envious and therefore I hate you.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

AND WHO COMPLAINED OF TOPGEAR UK? KILL HIM!

One thing I 100% agree with you. Now who's that guy!? *Cracks knuckles*

no offense and you drive on the wrong side of the road  <_<

Then aren't most of the countries on earth driving on the wrong side of the road?  :P

in Australia its impossible to get guns unless you somehow raid the poilce station or same military base if you can pull that off, E.g storming in with a hummer marauder xD(though you properly get blown off by an RPG)

though you can get samurai swords(which my uncle obtain somehow) but if the cops found out they will ask if you got a licence if you dont have one they confiscate it, 

Good that we can buy whatever bladed weapons we want (same goes for bows). All you would need here where I live is ID's to prove that you're over 18 years old.  :D

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Yeah you don't actually have less gun crime. It's not that hard to make statistics say what you want them to say.

For instance, whenever they bring up the number of gun deaths each year, whilst talking about crime, the lib/dems tend to include the number of suicides in that number, which doesn't really count.

And still, New Jersery > your complaints about your country lol

Just learn to look at the raw stats, for example fbi crime stats for 2012 (expanded versions for 2013 not compiled completely yet) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_11_murder_circumstances_by_weapon_2012.xls

Whats intresting is if you scroll to the bottom of the table in 2012 there was one sniper attack in the US... apparently with a handgun. Comparatively few incidents of burglary where murder occurred even and only just over half of those murders were with firearms. interestingly only 92 murders occurred in over 2million burgularies

The onyl real gripe i have about living in the UK is it's banning of loli....

Just learn to look at the raw stats, for example fbi crime stats for 2012 (expanded versions for 2013 not compiled completely yet) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_11_murder_circumstances_by_weapon_2012.xls

Whats intresting is if you scroll to the bottom of the table in 2012 there was one sniper attack in the US... apparently with a handgun. Comparatively few incidents of burglary where murder occurred even and only just over half of those murders were with firearms

When comparing statistics between two countries such as ours, you have to take alot more into account than just raw numbers. For instance the population difference between the two countries. The number you need to look at is number of violent crimes per person, so a fraction of, for every X number of people, X violent crimes were commited

The point still stands however, your laws prevent the average law abiding citizen from accessing a means with which to protect themselves from someone who obviously doesn't care about the laws.

And if the issue is that the crime rate would go up dramatically if you did legalize personal ownership of a firearm, that's less the guns fault and more your countrymen for having tempers.

Today in America, roughly 60 million gun owners didn't kill anyone, and didn't go on a rampage.