VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

UPDATE

I just finished figuring out all the fittings I will need for this build. I'm not going to be using fittings for the bends but the only bends I will have are one single 90 degree bend in all the tubes, I think it will look good like that. I actually like the look of bent tubing, plus I gotta use the monsoon bending kit form time to time :P

I also placed my final orders for this build, 3 of them actually, Performance PCs, Frozen CPU and Daz Mode :D . I couldn't find everything I needed in one place. The bulk of it is fittings but also the EK Supremacy EVO CPU block, lighting and some cables and sleeving gear in order to do the fans and pumps. Once everything arrives I should be able to finally finish this build :D , it might take a short while until it's 100% finished but at least I'll have everything I need

Here's a screen shot of nearly all the fittings I will be using in this build if you wanna get an idea :)

EGsn0WB.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

The screws for the back plate arrived today so I assembled the GPU and water block. I also did a test fit in the case :P

As you can see I sanded the pink caps on the GPU, you'll know what I mean if you're familiar with the reference R9 290 pcb, unfortunately I forgot to take a pic before.

Here it is:

3zq6syn.jpg

EgS8W9b.jpg

FAjdBht.jpg

8FeDvju.jpg

DN5I89z.jpg

OgxcItb.jpg

lFdZXuX.jpg

qSUIfD5.jpg

sx3tRr2.jpg

HhJo0Ci.jpg

IQWlKAQ.jpg

L57TRbn.jpg

That's it for now guys. I have my first exam on Saturday morning. I might work on an I/O cover for the motherboard after that over the weekend. I'm also thinking of doing a custom acrylic plate for the motherboard tray in order to cover all the cable routing holes I won't be using. That will probably be it in terms of the mods. And I will also need to do some work on the custom vinyl stickers for the build :)

All my orders from PerformancePCs, FrozenCPU and DazMode have shipped and are on their way :D . I'm still waiting on the cables from IceModz

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Noice, it is kinda unfortunate that the water-block doesn't cover up the whole pcb though.

Also good luck on your exams, I am knee deep in assignments right now, I am staying up trying to edit an add for music tonight, (it was due yesterday) and my english assignment draft was due yesterday aswell (just sent them off tonight) ugggghhhhh I HATE THIS TIME OF TERM/YEAR

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Noice, it is kinda unfortunate that the water-block doesn't cover up the whole pcb though.

Also good luck on your exams, I am knee deep in assignments right now, I am staying up trying to edit an add for music tonight, (it was due yesterday) and my english assignment draft was due yesterday aswell (just sent them off tonight) ugggghhhhh I HATE THIS TIME OF TERM/YEAR

Yes it is unfortunate that it doesn't cover the whole pcb, only the acetal version covers the whole thing. Still looks good like this tho, with the sanded caps, would not have looked good with them pink lol.

Thanks man, good luck to you too, with your assignments. I managed to get those out the way, just two exams to go for now. But then more assignments and exams at the end of the semester, thank god it's my final semester :D . I should have the build finished before all that tho :D

SIMPLE MODZ

sexy water block  :wub:

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

UPDATE

One exam down, one to go this Saturday! Been pretty busy in the weekend rearranging stuff in the house and also did some work on the build :)

I worked on the motherboard tray acrylic cover and also on a cover/plate for the rear I/O and the raised power delivery pcb on the P8Z77I Deluxe.

The motherboard tray cover is 2mm thick clear acrylic. I'm gonna carbon fiber wrap that as well but I'm gonna wait till the EK Supremacy EVO arrives to make sure it fits, if not then I might have to make a cut out in the middle of the acrylic.

The motherboard cover is made from 1mm thick aluminum. I had a pretty hard time bending that with just some pliers and a hammer haha. Came out pretty good in the end. Once I carbon fiber wrapped it, it looks good and blends in with the GPU. I made sure I wrapped most of the aluminum where it touches the mb, I read somewhere people saying it's not good to use aluminum but I think it's gonna be all good how I did it.

Here are the pics :D

rHto0XZ.jpg

kHRkcP9.jpg

Test fit

YbVfteE.jpg

jHt0sD3.jpg

pgn61eH.jpg

You can also see here a small cover I made for the Wi-Fi card in order to cover the green pcb showing on that

YfGUPbg.jpg

Here's the motherboard tray cover

bW8D7oI.jpg

b6LNFYA.jpg

FqmsTBB.jpg

And here's the carbon fiber wrapped covers :D

8w5EW9E.jpg

P07jQJy.jpg

You can see here how it is on the inside, covered most of the spots where it touches the motherboard :)

Ac1cGOw.jpg

RqvvCzD.jpg

vs6YR5a.jpg

MlHZb0g.jpg

9hagRNq.jpg

EIIsgSZ.jpg

n1dYO25.jpg

The good thing about the motherboard cover is that it sits there pretty snug so I won't have to tape it to the motherboard or anything. For the Wi-Fi card cover I will use some double sided tape :)

VBG3sqy.jpg

And here is the spot I made ready in my bedroom for the build, where my crappy laptop is sitting currently.

XCfGaKJ.jpg

That's my entertainment cabinet for now. When I move out this will all go in the living room :D

Hope you guys enjoyed this update. Stay tuned as most of my orders should arrive this week :D

SIMPLE MODZ

EWWW PS4

EWWW XBONE

EWWW PS3

EWWW X360

:P

Edit -  :o That work is amazing, and that mobo is one of the sexiest mini-itx motherboards I have ever seen

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

This is awesome :D

Thanks man :D

EWWW PS4

EWWW XBONE

EWWW PS3

EWWW X360

:P

Edit -  :o That work is amazing, and that mobo is one of the sexiest mini-itx motherboards I have ever seen

Hahaha you gotta play the exclusives somehow :P

SIMPLE MODZ

Hahaha you gotta play the exclusives somehow :P

That is true I guess

that aluminum fabrication turned out well!

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

that aluminum fabrication turned out well!

UPDATE

Hey guys! Still studying hard for my last mid semester exam on Saturday and waiting for more packages to arrive.

I received my packages from PerformancePCs which contained mostly fittings. I decided to take some pics of them while I played around with my new photography setup. I'm still figuring this out so please bare with me.

Here are some shots I took of the fittings:

wert7dz.jpg

G3Z21q7.jpg

aX36nSh.jpg

TrP4bQQ.jpg

vv661sr.jpg

BcMqoGG.jpg

IvOZQOp.jpg

I'm still missing a few as PerformancePCs didn't have all I needed. Just two more packages that need to arrive and I'll have everything to finish the build. Fingers crossed they get here tomorrow so that I can work on it over the weekend after my exam.

Anyways let me know what you guys think of the new photo set up and please give my some tips if you have any. Perhaps a better lighting set up, but I don't know what to use. The lights I have are way to bright for a black background, I might try a white background next.

Thanks for looking, Alex.

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Anyways let me know what you guys think of the new photo set up and please give my some tips if you have any. Perhaps a better lighting set up, but I don't know what to use. The lights I have are way to bright for a black background, I might try a white background next.

Thanks for looking, Alex.

Try changing the iso, a bit higher.

Thanks for the update, cheers!

Damnit @OP, quite being a dicktease and finish the build so we can fap to it lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I must have spent 45 minutes looking through this build log. The pictures are beautiful, the case is amazing, and the components are stellar. You sir, are an amazing case modder, especially when you mod my favorite case of all time :)Keep up the good work and good luck with your exams. Can't wait for MOAR UPDATES  :D

I don't like the black dinoc in there at all. I would have used yellow and blue.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Try changing the iso, a bit higher.

Thanks for the update, cheers!

Thanks. I'll play around with that next time... I always thought to keep it as low as possible to get the clearest image and since I have it on a tripod I just use a low shutter speed. So most of my shots were taken at 100 iso. Correct me if I'm wrong tho :)

That's just beautiful. Great job

Looks so good! Can't wait to see more.

Damnit @OP, quite being a dicktease and finish the build so we can fap to it lol

Hahaha I'll try to finish it in the following week. As long as I receive everything I need. Unfortunately the FrozenCPU and DazMode packages didn't arrive today. I might work on some Fallout stickers in the weekend :P

I must have spent 45 minutes looking through this build log. The pictures are beautiful, the case is amazing, and the components are stellar. You sir, are an amazing case modder, especially when you mod my favorite case of all time :)Keep up the good work and good luck with your exams. Can't wait for MOAR UPDATES  :D

Thanks a lot mate. I appreciate it, given that it's my first mod ever, it's good to know I did well

I don't like the black dinoc in there at all. I would have used yellow and blue.

I originally purchased it to just use it on my fans, instead of the labels. I couldn't find any other vinyl unfortunately and I needed something for the front and side panels. After that it grew on me and now I really like it :)

If you know where I could purchase other good quality vinyls in different colors then feel free to share it :)

SIMPLE MODZ

You're in Aus, right?

No idea mate. Over here (UK) we get literally thousands of different types and colours. For example I wanted the outside of my Purple Monster to be purple flake (glitter). I toyed with the idea of buying proper spray paint in cans (like mixed compressed cans, real celu) and then came to find that you can actually buy a flat purple vinyl with flake on it. It's matte, but that's OK as I will clear coat it. Can't tell you how much work and money that saves me !

I just feel that black has no place in your rig. You need to maintain that colour coding. I mean really, vault tec and carbon fibre?

I recently moved into a flat. It was fine, but the kitchen had been flooded. Due to it being a rented flat I didn't want to spend too much money on it, but the cupboards were from the early 90s and the most drab old crap you've ever seen. So I looked online and found some duck egg (greenish blue) gloss vinyl and simply wrapped my kitchen. The results were amazing, and I spent about £20.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

You're in Aus, right?

No idea mate. Over here (UK) we get literally thousands of different types and colours. For example I wanted the outside of my Purple Monster to be purple flake (glitter). I toyed with the idea of buying proper spray paint in cans (like mixed compressed cans, real celu) and then came to find that you can actually buy a flat purple vinyl with flake on it. It's matte, but that's OK as I will clear coat it. Can't tell you how much work and money that saves me !

I just feel that black has no place in your rig. You need to maintain that colour coding. I mean really, vault tec and carbon fibre?

I recently moved into a flat. It was fine, but the kitchen had been flooded. Due to it being a rented flat I didn't want to spend too much money on it, but the cupboards were from the early 90s and the most drab old crap you've ever seen. So I looked online and found some duck egg (greenish blue) gloss vinyl and simply wrapped my kitchen. The results were amazing, and I spent about £20.

Yup from Australia :)

I know I sorta deviated from the theme with the carbon fiber. I initially wanted to paint the front and side panels on the sides where I used the carbon fiber, same blue color as the case. But after painting one of them it just didn't look good at all.

I then looked around for some blue vinyl but couldn't find anything decent, just some car headlight vinyl from China on eBay. I then remembered seeing in one of JayzTwoCents videos the 3M carbon fiber vinyl he used on his fans, thought I can use some on mine. Even that I had to purchase on eBay as I couldn't find it anywhere else. Once I received it I really liked the quality, it sorta feels like rubber, really soft to the touch lol. So I just ended up using that as I didn't see what else I could use.

I then thought to use it on the GPU water block and now on the mb cover in order to balance it out a little bit more. I'm also gonna use it on the mb tray cover, the acrylic piece I have is clear so I'm gonna do the top side with the carbon fiber vinyl and I'm gonna try and have an LED underneath it to shine through the sides, I'll have to play around with that. Hopefully it will all look good in the end.

SIMPLE MODZ

Over here the possibilities are endless. Either you can get it in the colour you want, or, you can get matte and then just spray on some clear... I wasn't joking, btw.. Check this out.

DSC09306_zpse0c8fd32.jpg]

The production line started in the living room. I'd take off the handles, bondo the holes, sand, then wrap. Then I just put on some cheap 1950s handles.

DSC09289_zpsfa1eb680.jpg

Did make my hands hurt getting out the bubbles, but the end result was more than worth it.

DSC09305_zpsce02c8a8.jpg

Took me about a day. The middle parts I covered were the most revolting, bland beige you've ever seen lmao.

Wrap a kitchen.. hehehe, only I'd be that crazy !

Back in the early 90s I would go around the local arcades, buy complete sheds of cabinets then rewire the JAMMA loom, then wrap them in vinyl for about £8. Corr, the money I made ! used to pay on average around £50 for a cabinet. Make the broken panels from MDF, replace the glass and then wrap them and sell them for £500 or so.