VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

giphy.gif

Finally

All we need is a sexy music video of B-roll of the build, and some benchmark resuits, temps, etc...

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

it looks like a mini factory :P damn it's awesome..

ITs lovely dude 

Thanks guys :D

Finally

All we need is a sexy music video of B-roll of the build, and some benchmark resuits, temps, etc...

Haha thanks man :D.

I will be posting my overclocking results, benchmarks, temps and everything in the days to come as I get around to it.

And I was thinking of a nice B-roll, never done one before but I'm willing to give it a go :P. Lets see what I can come up with :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

Hey guys!

WARNING lots of pics!  :D :P

Here are some final shots of the build. I decided to take it outside again for the shoot. It was a little bit after sundown when I got home from work, pics start in the daylight and they end in night time :P . I took quite a few and can't really decide between them, you guys decide which ones you like  :D  (HD pics on my Imgur)

Please check out the MOTM Voting Thread over on OCN and show some love for my build. I really appreciate the support, thanks guys  :) 

HqDCOYL.jpg

B6sWEVt.jpg

E5v74Th.jpg

B0FHTzi.jpg

x55Qvre.jpg

8BBgO0J.jpg

vTZYL8A.jpg

25t7Lqx.jpg

OVhIJB6.jpg

MiezBw4.jpg

GmusvTU.jpg

vbFTUg6.jpg

12pz7B2.jpg

YXh9dTQ.jpg

FloN0il.jpg

REfisyv.jpg

S4ddgad.jpg

pxT3S7E.jpg

IWYPfja.jpg

mYsh0kF.jpg

Jzkureo.jpg

CfrGqMz.jpg

lxvx8Jh.jpg

s3ihfmk.jpg

WZW84Tz.jpg

jK06qwm.jpg

syphL9H.jpg

boKD3Wa.jpg

LOuVYIE.jpg

HXxeR4T.jpg

7ndWmYt.jpg

Z3TBZ6G.jpg

7WfDmHn.jpg

ktqhcq0.jpg

f2SYTq7.jpg

uonu49h.jpg

wpUJ5Xk.jpg

CwY3OH1.jpg

F89BQIA.jpg

Ma2OtES.jpg

boqh772.jpg

lNzqPRd.jpg

xV1rWHD.jpg

G23Fq8F.jpg

tNPmPUg.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed my build log, here's for more to come :)

Stay tuned for overclocking, temps, benchmarks and hopefully a nice B-Roll :P

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Amazing. Maybe some cable combs for those wires, instead of zip ties though...

Still beautiful.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Very pleased with how this turned out. Congratz on finishing! Cant wait to see where it's featured

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

It looks fantastic :D

Amazing. Maybe some cable combs for those wires, instead of zip ties though...

Still beautiful.

Thanks :D. I tried using cable combs but I didn't like the look of it. The cables where too spread out on the GPU, with the zip ties I can have it nice and tight :P. Also there's no way I could fit anything on the 24pin cable, so tights in there hahaha

Damn you meant it when you said there were gonna be a lot of pictures :o;)

Congratulations! I love Fallout and certainly I love your build.

Very pleased with how this turned out. Congratz on finishing! Cant wait to see where it's featured

Thanks a lot guys :D. I'm so happy to see the build up and running. It's been a long 4 months but I enjoyed working on it :)

I also just entered it in the Featured Build Logs Competition :P:D

I might do some overclocking today and get those temp results out.

SIMPLE MODZ

Looks stunning  :o  :o  :o

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Looks stunning  :o  :o  :o

I have some more great news guys!

I just found out that I have been nominated for MOTM over on the Bit-Tech forum as well. I just can't believe the amount of support this build has received, thanks a lot everyone biggrin.gif

Nomination and Voting Thread, please show some love redface.gif

SIMPLE MODZ

Nice man Hope u get the MOTM award

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Nice man Hope u get the MOTM award

Thans man :D, though there are some really good mods over there, probably the best. It's an honor just to be nominated :D

ergh what does the first m in motm mean? {...} of the month.. i can't get to it :(

It stands for mod, mod of the month :D:P

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

The Vault Boy has migrated to my bedroom last night, so it's up and running, hooked up to my TV.

I finished the overclocks yesterday, it still needs some further testing but I needed the space on my desk for studying (yea I need to do some of that too haha).

I'm pretty happy with the overclocks, nothing to extreme as I'm no expert in overclocking (still learning redface.gif).

CPU

The 3570K is at 4.4GHz at 1.29v.

Anything over 4.4GHz would not boot, went with the voltage as high as 1.35 and still blue screen on the windows logo. I'm not willing to bump the voltage any higher than that for just minor gains in performance so I'm happy at 4.4GHz . Also at 4.4 if I lower the voltage a bit it will crash when stress testing after a short while. So 4.4GHz at 1.29v is all good. I think the CPU I have might not be such a good overclocker. The 3770K I have in my other build does 4.7GHz at 1.29v redface.gif

GPU

The R9 290 is at 1150MHz on the Core and 1500MHz on the memory.

Stable with good temps and no artifacts. The voltage is +50 in MSI Afterburner and power is at max. If I bump the memory any higher, no matter the voltage it will crash even on the desktop smile.gif. I also tested with 1200 on the core but there are artifacts even with the voltage at max in afterburner with only 1fps increase in Valley and Heaven so not worth it really redface.gif, therefore I'm happy where it's at currently.

Temps and Benchmarks

I will do some further testing today and get the temps and benchmark results up tomorrow.

MOTM

Still about 3 days left to vote for MOTM on OCN, it's a really close race. The Vault Boy is currently coming in 2nd by just 2 votes.

If you have an OCN account and haven't yet voted, please do so. I would really appreciate it and it would help me out a lot biggrin.gif

VOTE HERE

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

It stands for mod, mod of the month :D:P

Thank you. My ocd van chill out again now

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

UPDATE

I did some more testing this afternoon and recorded some benchmark scores and temps.

However I did have to increase the voltage on the CPU as when I went to power it on today I kept getting a blue screen. Yesterday it seemed to be fine at 1.29, went for about an 1hour in OCCT and Prime95.

So here are the OCs, some benchmark scores and temps. I might still have to play around with the CPU overclock. All temps are at an ambient of 28C - 30C and recorded temps are the max I saw after 1 hour of stress testing on the CPU and the GPU just by doing the benchmarks :)

CPU - i5 3570K - 4.4GHz at 1.31v (I also had to bump the LLC from ultra high to extreme and did see the voltage jump to 1.336 when stress testing)

Idle - 35C
Load (Prime 95 Small FFT and Blend) - 96C
Load (OCCT large and small) - 85C

GPU - R9 290 - 1150MHz Core, 1500MHz Memory

Stock Temps and Scores

GPU Idle 32C

Valley extreme 1080p

FPS - 56.4
Score - 2358
GPU Temp - 54C
CPU Temp - 73C

Heaven extreme 1080p

FPS - 50.4
Score - 1269
GPU Temp - 57C
CPU Temp - 73C

3D Mark Fire Strike Normal

Score - 8472
GPU Score - 10061
GPU Temp - 56C
CPU Temp - 80C

Overclock Temps and Scores

GPU Idle - 32C

Valley Extreme 1080p

FPS - 67.1
Score - 2809
GPU Temp - 61C
CPU Temp - 73C

Heaven Extreme 1080p

FPS - 59.5
Score - 1498
GPU Temp - 61C
CPU Temp - 75C

3D Mark Fire Strike Normal

Score - 9800
GPU Score - 12057
GPU Temp - 58C
CPU Temp - 80C

I also played Watch Dogs for 30min maxed out with overclocks and GPU was around 61C and CPU around 68C according to MSI Afterburner while I was playing. I thought the Prime95 temps were a bit high but everything else was all good I think. It started to get pretty hot here too so the ambient was quite high as well. I'm not too worried about the Prime95 temps as that will never happen in games. Around 60C on the GPU and 68-70C on the CPU when gaming with overclocks is all good to me at 30C ambient. Also the fans spin at very low rpms, 140s at 1000 and 120s at 1200.

What do you guys think of the overclocks, temps and scores? Would you like me to try other benchmarks?

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Congo on winning the motm award u deserved it.

Yeah the Chou temp is pretty high but fans are at low and prime95 is a synthetic benchmark so no chance of getting it in real life .

BTW increase fan speed to moderate while gaming I use it to get better temp ambient here is like 32C

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Wow, simply amazing.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

UPDATE

The EK Monarch modules are now on the RAM and they're looking really sexy I might say :D.

These would look really good even on their own if someone wanted to use them :)

Here's the sexy naked RAM :PJEtD5Ak.jpg6GRzr25.jpg

G.Skill Rip Jaws heat spreadersH1a1TrH.jpg

And the assembled RAM :DV94K8nz.jpg

I installed the EK modules in such a way so that the EK logo will be seen on both sides of the MB and that line that wasn't painted along with the mounting screws will be hidden on the inside between the RAM. Once I get the water block on, that won't be seen at all :PlP0gu0N.jpgxrh4Olq.jpg

Also after seeing TTL's latest RushKit video with the XFX R9 290, I had a closer look at my box and noticed that my reference design also has the unlocked voltage :DSkhcmv7.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed my updates as they might be slowing down for a while as I've done pretty much everything I could do so far. I'm currently in the process of sorting out my sleeved cables but that might take a little while. And as for the motherboard cover that I want to make, I will have to wait till I get the EK Supremacy water block as I will need to have that mounted for my measurements in order to cut out the cover properly. I might start on it and do the sides and everything else but I'm also really busy with work and uni at the moment

I'm still waiting on those vinyl sheets in order to print out some cools Fallout stickers. I think that should arrive next week and that will probably be the next update :)

Stay tuned :D

Alex

Dude this rig is gonna be sweet! I like the looks of your other build in the background too, I'd totally hire you to mod my rig if I could.

Awesome job. Just happen to be playing through Fallout 3 again (finally evil this time around). Hard work paid off for you. Congratulations.

Hey, congrats on winning MOTM man! It was well deserved!

Thanks a lot man :D

Congo on winning the motm award u deserved it.

Yeah the Chou temp is pretty high but fans are at low and prime95 is a synthetic benchmark so no chance of getting it in real life .

BTW increase fan speed to moderate while gaming I use it to get better temp ambient here is like 32C

Thanks a lot man. Yea I dialed down the CPU overclock to 4.3GHz and got it stable at 1.26v and the temps reach 85C max now no matter what I throw at it :). Not a very good overclocking chip unfortunately, my 3770K in my other build does 4.7GHz at 1.29v :P.

Also I can't ramp up the fans as they are running at max rpm, went with pretty quiet fans as the build is in my bedroom :), however the pumps ended up being the loudest component

Wow, simply amazing.

Thank you :D

Dude this rig is gonna be sweet! I like the looks of your other build in the background too, I'd totally hire you to mod my rig if I could.

Thanks a lot man, I'm honored that you would say that :D. Also would you please mind taking out the pics from your quote? you can edit and backspace on them :) , hope that's ok

Awesome job. Just happen to be playing through Fallout 3 again (finally evil this time around). Hard work paid off for you. Congratulations.

Thanks man :D. Yup truly an amazing game, I have to play it again when I finish uni :P

SIMPLE MODZ