VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

isn't a 240 rad to small for a cpu and gpu ?

do you get good temps ?

im planning also a liquid system ,

with only 1x 240 rad with cpu and gpu ,

a guys on the form told me a 240 rad is to small and i wouldn't get decent temps .

and your pc looks awesome  ! 

really nice build  .

isn't a 240 rad to small for a cpu and gpu ?

do you get good temps ?

im planning also a liquid system ,

with only 1x 240 rad with cpu and gpu ,

a guys on the form told me a 240 rad is to small and i wouldn't get decent temps .

and your pc looks awesome  ! 

really nice build  .

There is a 280mm rad in the roof as well :P (check out the rest of the build log for more details on that)

However a 240mm rad should be enough for a CPU and GPU.

Check out these two videos from DazMode going over overclocking results and temps on his CPU and GPU with a single 240 rad (64mm thick tho, however I'm sure slightly thinner will be fine too, maybe a little bump up in temp if only 30mm thick) What 240mm rad are you thinking of using? And also what case, cpu and gpu?

Here are the videos:

CPU Video

GPU Video

Hope this helps. Also thanks for checking out my build :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

There is a 280mm rad in the roof as well :P (check out the rest of the build log for more details on that)

However a 240mm rad should be enough for a CPU and GPU.

Check out these two videos from DazMode going over overclocking results and temps on his CPU and GPU with a single 240 rad (64mm thick tho, however I'm sure slightly thinner will be fine too, maybe a little bump up in temp if only 30mm thick) What 240mm rad are you thinking of using? And also what case, cpu and gpu?

Here are the videos:

CPU Video

GPU Video

Hope this helps. Also thanks for checking out my build :)

wow awesome that you can fit 2 rad's in that case ! 

case : corsair air 240

cpu : intel i7 4790k

gpu : r9 290

this rad would fit and would also look nice in my upcomming build and ,

i could also fit a 120 mm rad in the back chamber of the corsair air 240

btw thanks for the info and im looking forward to see your finished build !

MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator Technical details: 

Material: Copper fins, brass chambers

Dimensions (LxWxH): 273x121x30mm

Connection threads: G1/4"

Weight: Approx. 680g

Fan installation: 8 M3 threads on both sides each (for 2x120mm fans each)

Pressure tested: 8bar

MagiCool SLIM SINGLE 120 Radiator

Technical details: 

Dimensions (LxWxH): 153x120x30mm

Weight: Approx. 450g

Fan installation: 4 M3 threads on both sides each (for 1x120mm fan each)

Extent of delivery:

1x MagiCool SLIM SINGLE 120 radiator

4x M3 x 30mm screws

4x M3 x 5mm screws

EK-D5 Vario X-RES 100 incl. pump

EK-D5 Vario X-RES is a High-Performance water cooling pump with integrated reservoir. The core of the unit is the market-proven Laing D5 Vario water pump (incl. tacho signal 3-pin header) and comes pre-assembled with EK-D5 X-RES 100. This unit offers increased hydraulic performance (up to 15 %) compared to original Laing D5 Vario.

This water pump / reservoir combo unit features three G1/4 threaded ports of which one is inlet and two are outlets. Using the enclosed EK-Extender G1/4, installation of virtually any G1/4 thread fitting/barb is possible. EK recommends EK-CSQ series compression fittings/adapters.

EK-D5 Vario X-RES series water pump comes preinstalled with anti-cyclone insert. Additionaly a PU anti-vortex foam is enclosed.

Tube is made of quality acrylic material, while the reservoir bottom/pump top is made of quality POM Acetal material.

This water pump / reservoir combo unit can be mounted directly on computer chassis by using enclosed EK-UNI D5 Holder.

This product can be easily upgraded with longer tubes used by EK-RES X3 series reservoirs.

Technical data:

- Reservoir diameter 60 mm

- Overal height: 153 mm

wow awesome that you can fit 2 rad's in that case ! 

case : corsair air 240

cpu : intel i7 4790k

gpu : r9 290

this rad would fit and would also look nice in my upcomming build and ,

i could also fit a 120 mm rad in the back chamber of the corsair air 240

btw thanks for the info and im looking forward to see your finished build !

MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator Technical details: 

Dimensions (LxWxH): 273x121x30mm

Weight: Approx. 680g

Fan installation: 8 M3 threads on both sides each (for 2x120mm fans each)

MagiCool SLIM SINGLE 120 Radiator

Technical details: 

Dimensions (LxWxH): 153x120x30mm

Weight: Approx. 450g

Fan installation: 4 M3 threads on both sides each (for 1x120mm fan each)

Extent of delivery:

1x MagiCool SLIM SINGLE 120 radiator

4x M3 x 30mm screws

4x M3 x 5mm screws

EK-D5 Vario X-RES 100 incl. pump

EK-D5 Vario X-RES is a High-Performance water cooling pump with integrated reservoir. The core of the unit is the market-proven Laing D5 Vario water pump (incl. tacho signal 3-pin header) and comes pre-assembled with EK-D5 X-RES 100. This unit offers increased hydraulic performance (up to 15 %) compared to original Laing D5 Vario.

This water pump / reservoir combo unit features three G1/4 threaded ports of which one is inlet and two are outlets. Using the enclosed EK-Extender G1/4, installation of virtually any G1/4 thread fitting/barb is possible. EK recommends EK-CSQ series compression fittings/adapters.

EK-D5 Vario X-RES series water pump comes preinstalled with anti-cyclone insert. Additionaly a PU anti-vortex foam is enclosed.

Tube is made of quality acrylic material, while the reservoir bottom/pump top is made of quality POM Acetal material.

This water pump / reservoir combo unit can be mounted directly on computer chassis by using enclosed EK-UNI D5 Holder.

This product can be easily upgraded with longer tubes used by EK-RES X3 series reservoirs.

Technical data:

- Reservoir diameter 60 mm

- Overal height: 153 mm

Yea the way I modded it, you can fit 2 rads this size in. Natively I think you can only fit a 240 in the roof and a 200mm in the front, depending on rads.

I'm not familiar with the MagiCool rads, never used one from them. The brands I recommend for rads, which are decently priced and good quality are Alphacool rads and also XSPC. Alphacool come in many different sizes and thickness, I'm sure you can find two that will fit nicely in the Air 240 (nice case choice btw :), not too familiar with the rad mounting options in it tho). Watch TastyPCs review on it (she's actually a pretty good case reviewer and always seems to cover what rads you can fit inside cases and also sometimes even mounts them in for you to see), here's her review of the Air 240 if you haven't seen it TastyPCTV.

Are you planning on doing any mods to the case, maybe that way you can fit bigger rads in it :P. Hope this helps man :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

The missing screws for the RAM block didn't arrive today and by the looks of the tracking it might not get here tomorrow either. That means I might have to wait and finish the build next week as tomorrow is Friday :( . Though the tracking could be wrong, it might update tomorrow morning, but so far it says no activity :(.

Anyways here's a quick looks at my bending set up and also some of the tubing routes I managed to get done today. The rest will follow when the ram block is in. Also the GPU to front rad tube is in there temporarily atm, I'll have to take it out to put the RAM block in.

PZaPUb0.jpg

H3tbifC.jpg

qrLm9Na.jpg

evcTPYn.jpg

9X10EKV.jpg

r0UOwXI.jpg

t9GrfSf.jpg

Hope you enjoy. I just can't wait to get the liquid flowing through it already :D

SIMPLE MODZ

U y no give dis 2 me?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Yea the way I modded it, you can fit 2 rads this size in. Natively I think you can only fit a 240 in the roof and a 200mm in the front, depending on rads.

I'm not familiar with the MagiCool rads, never used one from them. The brands I recommend for rads, which are decently priced and good quality are Alphacool rads and also XSPC. Alphacool come in many different sizes and thickness, I'm sure you can find two that will fit nicely in the Air 240 (nice case choice btw :), not too familiar with the rad mounting options in it tho). Watch TastyPCs review on it (she's actually a pretty good case reviewer and always seems to cover what rads you can fit inside cases and also sometimes even mounts them in for you to see), here's her review of the Air 240 if you haven't seen it TastyPCTV.

Are you planning on doing any mods to the case, maybe that way you can fit bigger rads in it :P. Hope this helps man :)

thnx again ! , 

good luck with  the build  ! 

i'll keep you following .

Looks great!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

damn i missed quite a bunch since i wasn't following this thread and that other one got taken down.. my first reaction was DAMN THOSE STICKERS!!!

also, the tubing looks promising! can't wait for it to be filled up :D

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Man that looks awesome

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

U y no give dis 2 me?

thnx again ! , 

good luck with  the build  ! 

i'll keep you following .

Looks great!

damn i missed quite a bunch since i wasn't following this thread and that other one got taken down.. my first reaction was DAMN THOSE STICKERS!!!

also, the tubing looks promising! can't wait for it to be filled up :D

Man that looks awesome

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys but unfortunately I have some bad news :(

SIMPLE MODZ

What kinda bad news :(

Edit - Nevermind, turns out the update was posted this :lol:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

UPDATE

The screws for the ram block arrived yesterday so I mounted the ram block in, bent the rest of the tubes, gave everything a double check and then the build was ready for filling :D, or so I thought ...

I decided to take it outside for some nice pics of it before filling the loop up and then brought it to my room and started filling it. Everything was set, filled the res all the way up, flicked the power switch on, pressed the power button and nothing :(. Checked everything again, tried again and still nothing. I then thought there might be something wrong with my power button, like with the cable or something so I fiddled with it for a bit, struggled to unplug it from underneath the GPU and then tried to short the two power pins on the mb with a screw driver and still nothing. The mb was clearly getting power as the light were on, but it wouldn't turn on. I then started unplugging other cables like the GPU, CPU and tried again and boom the mb turned on for a few seconds, but I guess without the CPU power cable it didn't want to stay on. Plugged the CPU power cable back in and everything worked fine until I tried to plug in the GPU cables, it wouldn't work again. So then I figured out that there was something wrong with the GPU cables. I brought another PSU to just hook the GPU to it and everything turned on fine so I figured there is definitely something wrong with the GPU cables that prevent the PSU from powering on :(. I filled the loop up all the way just to see how it looked now that I was already at it.

I then managed to get every cable out for further testing, except for the 24pin, because just like I thought, I can't reach it with a filled loop. This was last night and I just left everything like that as I was too frustrated with it. No leaks or anything so I guess that's good :D.

Today I set up a different test system and managed to isolate the problem to just the 8pin GPU cable. I spoke to Mundi from IceModz and he will be making both the 6pin and 8pin cables again and sending them out via DHL on Monday so hopefully I won't have to wait too long. Not sure what's wrong with the 8pin I have now.

Man I was so upset last night, the build could have been up and running by now :(. I guess it's also my fault that I didn't test the cables. Now I will have to drain the loop and take out some of the tubes and the GPU in order to get the 24pin cable out and then wait for the new cables to arrive before I can set it all up again. At least it will give me the chance to test out my drainage system :).

Anyways sorry for the rant guys. Here are the pics I took of it yesterday before attempting to fill the loop and then a few I took tonight of it just sitting on my desk like a trophy or something haha as I can't use it

N8bXckn.jpg

qYkGyI5.jpg

EVyjW6l.jpg

BQhiJ6s.jpg

usvmSaX.jpg

eFnTPCM.jpg

lWd6ZO1.jpg

JZQ2kfN.jpg

pnFqUhp.jpg

K7FfA8B.jpg

GSYPJ8I.jpg

TPebK1m.jpg

mVTWpPE.jpg

ABjQJ7u.jpg

R7Rnixm.jpg

syDHV7c.jpg

LgZ63e4.jpg

aDuV1ZC.jpg

OKVHvuu.jpg

And these are the pics I took tonight

8M1LL6I.jpg

isWj1Zj.jpg

9HBwCOl.jpg

kNTy211.jpg

PFTjpeq.jpg

Also does anyone know if the GPU block is meant to trail like that and fill everywhere up to the o-ring? There's still quite a lot of air in there as I didn't bother with it much given that I will have to drain it.

Thanks for checking it out guys. Hopefully not too long until I receive the new cables :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Bad luck man!
It's looking really neat though!

Excited for the fixed cables so you can turn it on :D

When in doubt: C4

OMG THAT IS AWESOME!

My jaw literally dropped when I saw the pics with it filled  :o

Shame about the cables though, shit happens I guess.

Bad luck man!

It's looking really neat though!

Excited for the fixed cables so you can turn it on :D

Thanks man! Yea it did look pretty good with all the lights on inside and on the fans :D. I forgot to take a pic of it last night while the PSU was still in, I was too frustrated with trying to figure out what went wrong lol

OMG THAT IS AWESOME!

My jaw literally dropped when I saw the pics with it filled  :o

Shame about the cables though, shit happens I guess.

Thanks a lot man. Glad you like it :D

SIMPLE MODZ

THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL. Everything goes well nicely and when I saw it witht the coolant I just about cried. Sorry to here about the cable though  :(

btw are you done with test and all that? 

THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL. Everything goes well nicely and when I saw it witht the coolant I just about cried. Sorry to here about the cable though  :(

btw are you done with test and all that? 

those are some really nice bends

and you also nailed that colour

congrats

Thanks a lot guys. Yea I'm done with exams for now. Just two group assignments left and then finals in about 2 months :)

SIMPLE MODZ

I'm proud to say that I've been nominated for Mod of the Month Sep 2014 in the Amateur Class over on OCN. If I make it through the nomination phase I will let you guys know :D

SIMPLE MODZ

I'm proud to say that I've been nominated for Mod of the Month Sep 2014 in the Amateur Class over on OCN. If I make it through the nomination phase I will let you guys know :D

Congrats mate! honestly wouldn't be surprised if you make it past nomination. such a great build

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

The cables are a setback but still patience bears fruit .

Check if u can correct the GPU cables there are a lot of YouTube videos on it.

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

looks so awesome ! 

to bad you have to drain everything to replace the 24 pin .

all i can say i hope next time you can finish the build without any problem !

Congrats mate! honestly wouldn't be surprised if you make it past nomination. such a great build

Thanks mate, I hope I will :D

The cables are a setback but still patience bears fruit .

Check if u can correct the GPU cables there are a lot of YouTube videos on it.

Thanks for that. I did try a few different things when testing it and still nothing :). New GPU cables are already on their way from IceModz :D

looks so awesome ! 

to bad you have to drain everything to replace the 24 pin .

all i can say i hope next time you can finish the build without any problem !

Thanks mate :). Yea it's a pain to drain everything but like I said, looking on the bright side of this, it will give me a chance to test out the drainage system :P.

I heard from Mundi from IceModz today and the new GPU cables are on their way already :D, hopefully it won't be long till they get here with DHL

SIMPLE MODZ

@ciobanulx yeah I understand u my RAM hasnt yet come the courrier company has misplaced it :(