VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

Need.....moar...... Love those rads. Don't hate me if I do a black yellow at some point and do caution stripes on my rads lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

perfect bro thanks! keep up the good work!

Glad I could help :D

Looking great .... waiting for future updates

Need.....moar...... Love those rads. Don't hate me if I do a black yellow at some point and do caution stripes on my rads lol

Thanks a lot man :D. Of course I'm not gonna hate on you, I would love to see people implement some of my ideas :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

• 2 weeks later...

SMALL UPDATE

Hey guys, sorry I haven't had an update in quite a while. Been very busy with uni and still am at the moment. I got the presentation and report out the way, 2 assignment and 2 exams to go ... for now -_-

However I did manage to order the cables from IceModz :D. They should arrive within two weeks I would say, depending on shipping. By that time I should have everything done for uni as well :D

Here is a sneak peak of how the 24 pin cable will look :P. They will all be sleeved with paracord so that I can get some really good bends and have them as short as possible :)

RGhTpNq.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

+1 for paracord. Whilst it's harder to keep clean and snags easy it definitely has that luxurious softer look about it.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

THIS IS SO BRUTAL 100000000/10 congratulations :D

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Looks stunning!

very good work!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

+1 for paracord. Whilst it's harder to keep clean and snags easy it definitely has that luxurious softer look about it.

Yea I also think paracord looks good, can't wait to receive these cables. It will be the first time I won't be using extensions :D

THIS IS SO BRUTAL 100000000/10 congratulations :D

Looks stunning!

very good work!

Thanks a lot guys :D:P

SIMPLE MODZ

Thought you might be interested in seeing my Fallout collection :) I've got all of the games inc GOTY, plus Fallout 1, 2 BOS and tactics.. Here are my limited box sets.

shelf.jpg

FONV pre order USA coaster set.

outerbox.jpg

coastersins.jpg

USA Gamestop release display.

promocard.jpg

And my must prized possession, my Fallout 3 Bethesda dev Tshirt.

1shirt.jpg

2shirt.jpg

If you watch the making of Fallout 3 (on the disc with the lunchbox set) you'll see all of the devs inc Todd Howard wearing those shirts :) I've also got a load of window displays for FO3 and FONV but they're in storage :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Nice Fallout swag.  I got a high five in Starbucks the other day for wearing my vault tec shirt.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Nice Fallout swag.  I got a high five in Starbucks the other day for wearing my vault tec shirt.

I wore mine a little too much tbh. Got it stored away now :) It's irreplaceable really.

Thought you might be interested in seeing my Fallout collection :) I've got all of the games inc GOTY, plus Fallout 1, 2 BOS and tactics.. Here are my limited box sets.

FONV pre order USA coaster set.

USA Gamestop release display.

And my must prized possession, my Fallout 3 Bethesda dev Tshirt.

If you watch the making of Fallout 3 (on the disc with the lunchbox set) you'll see all of the devs inc Todd Howard wearing those shirts :) I've also got a load of window displays for FO3 and FONV but they're in storage :)

Oh man that is soooo nice, really jealous right now :P. I'm gonna get one of those bobble heads for inside the case though I'm gonna wait until it's finished to make sure I can fit one. Yours looks quite big, or maybe it just seems that way. I've seen a few on ebay but I'm not sure of the size. If you don't mind, could you please post some measurements? I'm just wondering if it might fit next to the pumps on the opposite side of where the graphics card will be, I'm mostly worried about the width of it

I really need to get me a nice vault tec / fallout shirt :P. Even if I can't find an original one now, might just go red bubble :P:D

I wore mine a little too much tbh. Got it stored away now :) It's irreplaceable really.

I would wear it a lot too, it's awesome :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks dude. Yeah I was going to suggest getting a bobblehead. Ebay.. Quite a few on there usually.

Gotta say, it's the best game ever made. I thought about doing a mod tribute, but I'd go for the old valve radio that plays the opening tune... That would be quite hard to pull off though.

Thanks dude. Yeah I was going to suggest getting a bobblehead. Ebay.. Quite a few on there usually.

Gotta say, it's the best game ever made. I thought about doing a mod tribute, but I'd go for the old valve radio that plays the opening tune... That would be quite hard to pull off though.

Yea I will definitely get one if I can fit it inside the case :D

I approve!

Great and beautiful rig. Cant wait to see more.

Thanks peeps :D

BTW the cables were shipped yesterday! :D I might receive them sooner than I thought :P

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

About a week ago I purchased an ASUS R9 290 reference from eBay with an EK FC R9-290X Nickel Plexi block already installed. Yup, another R9 290. I figured once the new Nvidia or AMD graphics cards come out I will get a new one for this build and use the two R9 290s that I have now in my other build which has two GTX 670s in atm.

This was perfect for me as this card already had the exact water block I wanted for this build...

Little did I know that the water block was corroded until I received it :angry:

The auction stated "perfect working condition" and nothing of corrosion with a picture of 4 of these cards in cross fire. I would have thought that someone who can afford a system like this also knows how to take care of it properly :angry:

This is how it looked like once I took it apart after I received it :(

zTbBAPL.jpg

K24WRFx.jpg

PBCuICQ.jpg

figCHEb.jpg

Hi06Qvp.jpg

I then bought some Brasso Metal Polish and gave it a nice scrub

I think it came out pretty good in the end, other than some small spots where the copper is now showing

Mk6DTHr.jpg

nshORfq.jpg

lXnyo02.jpg

However I still wasn't happy with it. I took it apart again and gave the plexi a polish too with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound Polish  and also some very simple modding :P

I present you the EK FC R9-290X Nickel Plexi - Carbon Fiber Edition :D

you can also see that the plexi polish did it good too

IyEHNbD.jpg

JueHiOO.jpg

Also did the back plate

4L7zaNr.jpg

As I wen't to install it I realized that I'm missing the screws to the back plate  :angry:  (eBay!)

I ordered some now and should arrive in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the water block. I think it will look good with the carbon fiber in the side panel window :D

SIMPLE MODZ

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially once you made it better! :lol:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

That looks incredible

I7-4790K OC @ 4.7, Asus Maximus VII Hero, 16gb 2133hz Corsair Vengence, 780 GTX SC (2), 250gb Samsung 840 SSD (2), Phanteks Luxe Pro Chassis, EVGA Supernova P2 1200W,MCP655-PWM pump with Bitspower fittings and upgrade kit, 360, 240 EK Radiators, all other watercooling is EK products

*drooool

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

the block looks good man 

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially once you made it better! :lol:

Love those blocks man!

That looks incredible

*drooool

Thanks a lot guys :D

SIMPLE MODZ