VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

UPDATE

A very special little friend arrived today! :D

The Strength Vault Boy Bobblehead from Bethesda :P

GPU cables are still on their way :)

qCghS2a.jpg

uO3n4Ze.jpg

znLg34H.jpg

FfQThAD.jpg

rxfNwrw.jpg

Nr8nUAE.jpg

htFn9Iu.jpg

C9bM1ID.jpg

UU0Vjre.jpg

JLDktn2.jpg

gghRXt4.jpg

etvViNw.jpg

rFVlzsX.jpg

HTB2Clu.jpg

vBjOKuQ.jpg

The pastel coolant from Mayhems seems to have settled down in some areas from not being in circulation and maybe from the air inside the system. Still waiting for the GPU cable till I drain it. I'm gonna smash it all in one day :P

Thanks for checking out the build. Next update I hope it will be with the finished product :D

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

Man That figurine is nice . Would look solid on top of this build . LOvely mate

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

That's looks really sweet, nice job!  Bobblehead is a nice touch, I have the Repair bobblehead next to my gaming pc.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Also does anyone know if the GPU block is meant to trail like that and fill everywhere up to the o-ring? 

Man that looks good filled  :D As for the trailing, I've never watercooled before but it does look a bit odd. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the cards are normally parallel to the ground, not perpendicular? Although if there was a perfect seal between the plexi and the metal parts of the block then I guess there would be no need for the o-ring at all. I doubt you'll have any problems but it does take a bit away from the overall aesthetic.

Project MEGA - My New Main PC

Project NANO - A Scratchbuilt Home Server.

Man That figurine is nice . Would look solid on top of this build . LOvely mate

Thanks :D. I haven't figured out where I'm gonna put it yet but most likely inside the case somewhere :)

This build has really grown on me. Saw it first on OCN but nice to see it again here.

Thanks man :D

That's looks really sweet, nice job!  Bobblehead is a nice touch, I have the Repair bobblehead next to my gaming pc.

Thanks :). Yea the Bobbleheads are really nice, I'm gonna try and get a small collection going :P

Man that looks good filled  :D As for the trailing, I've never watercooled before but it does look a bit odd. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the cards are normally parallel to the ground, not perpendicular? Although if there was a perfect seal between the plexi and the metal parts of the block then I guess there would be no need for the o-ring at all. I doubt you'll have any problems but it does take a bit away from the overall aesthetic.

Thanks man :D . Yea I don't think it's an issue either but like you said, it takes away from the aesthetics. If it would fill up everywhere then I wouldn't mind it. I also think it's got something to do with the fact that it sits upright like that. When I get the new GPU cables and take the build apart I'm gonna fill the GPU block outside the build and shake it around with some caps on :P . Hopefully that will spread the liquid evenly around the block, there's still quite a lot of air in the GPU block atm that might be causing it to look like that :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Try it out on the top of black MOBO cover u made or

the 7th photo on the last post u made if ur case covers close(but that will limit it to be sseen from one side)if u r okay with it but i am nt :P  :D

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Just wow, man. /cry  :wub:  beautiful build.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Try it out on the top of black MOBO cover u made or

the 7th photo on the last post u made if ur case covers close(but that will limit it to be sseen from one side)if u r okay with it but i am nt :P  :D

Yup the top of the MB cover is a good spot, I'll have to see if it's not too big. Otherwise it will go on the side somewhere :)

Just wow, man. /cry  :wub:  beautiful build.

Thanks a lot man :D

Hopefully the new GPU cables will get here tomorrow morning as they just cleared customs in Aus this afternoon. I think they should have been here sooner but DHL seems to have messed up a bit, they did a quick trip from the UK to Germany and then back to the UK for some reason haha

SIMPLE MODZ

I have missed quite a few updates and now I've finally come back and seen it I must say it is absolutely beautiful

Yup the top of the MB cover is a good spot, I'll have to see if it's not too big. Otherwise it will go on the side somewhere :)

Thanks a lot man :D

Hopefully the new GPU cables will get here tomorrow morning as they just cleared customs in Aus this afternoon. I think they should have been here sooner but DHL seems to have messed up a bit, they did a quick trip from the UK to Germany and then back to the UK for some reason haha

Will you be doing any LED's internally or anything?

Very sexy build, much wow

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have missed quite a few updates and now I've finally come back and seen it I must say it is absolutely beautiful

Will you be doing any LED's internally or anything?

Very sexy build, much wow

Thanks man :D. Yea I have two white 5.5" DarkSide LED strips in the roof on each side and another one underneath the mb tray cover to light up the acrylic around the edges. Since I'm still waiting for the GPU cables I haven't had the build on much, other than when I filled it. Final photos with lights and side panels on will come once the build is complete :P

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks man :D. Yea I have two white 5.5" DarkSide LED strips in the roof on each side and another one underneath the mb tray cover to light up the acrylic around the edges. Since I'm still waiting for the GPU cables I haven't had the build on much, other than when I filled it. Final photos with lights and side panels on will come once the build is complete :P

You big tease....

Also it would appear you have an bubble in the top tube leading back to the big radiator.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You big tease....

Also it would appear you have an bubble in the top tube leading back to the big radiator.

Hahaha I haven't really seen it on either. I was too frustrated when I filled it up as I didn't know what made it not power on. After I found out it was the GPU cable I filled it just for the hell of it, was only on for like a minute while the pumps circulated all the liquid. I didn't bother bleeding the loop as I will drain it in order to get all the cables back in so yea there are quite a few bubbles in the loop :). Hopefully that will happen tomorrow if I get the new GPU cables, I'm getting all my drivers and programs ready now :P (fingers crossed everything goes well this time)

SIMPLE MODZ

Try to hang it if u can .

And those led lighting will also look awesome looking forward to it.

My RAM also reached it also had the same story.

UPDATE

Great news today guys!!!

This morning when I woke up my jaw dropped when I saw that my build was featured on both EK Water Blocks and ASUS North America Facebook pages :D

A few hours later the new GPU cables arrived :D. Tested them and all is good. I spent the rest of the day draining the loop, getting all the cables in and filling the loop back. Glad to say that the build is now up and running :D. Just about to install Win :P

I will take the final photos tomorrow after work, just wanna finish everything tonight.

Also the MOTM Voting Thread is up over on OCN. If you have an OCN account and like my build and enjoyed this build log please go ahead and vote for my build, it will help me a lot when I start my next project (another ITX system in a Corsair 250D this time, lots of mods, haven't decided on a theme yet :P)

Thanks for all the support guys!

Here's the Vault Boy in all its glory :D

2GlM3yx.jpg

p8ILUMQ.jpg

wyTZWaJ.jpg

NpZT1G3.jpg

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Noice, I see that you are charging your wallet, do you get more money from that :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Very nice and I commend you on your skills, but I still feel that Dinoc has absolutely no place in this build.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

congrats with your build it looks perfect ! 

this is one of the best build logs i've ever seen .

i hope to see an other build from you if that is going to happen ( i really hope so ! )

Very sexy :D

Thanks man :D

Noice, I see that you are charging your wallet, do you get more money from that :P

Amazing!

Wallet-powered it seems :P

Thanks guys :D. Haha, just an old 2.5" USB drive I used to transfer all the drivers. I wish I would get money by charging it though haha :P

Very nice and I commend you on your skills, but I still feel that Dinoc has absolutely no place in this build.

Thanks a lot man :D. Sorry you feel that way about the Dinoc, I came to like it in the end, even if it deviates from the theme a bit :)

congrats with your build it looks perfect ! 

this is one of the best build logs i've ever seen .

i hope to see an other build from you if that is going to happen ( i really hope so ! )

Thanks a lot :D. I sure am planning more build for the near future though I really need to focus on my uni for the next 2 months or so. But I will most likely get started on my next project sooner than that :P

SIMPLE MODZ

ITs lovely dude