VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build (modded Bitfenix Prodigy)

ciobanulx

UPDATE

The EK Monarch modules are now on the RAM and they're looking really sexy I might say :D.

These would look really good even on their own if someone wanted to use them :)

Here's the sexy naked RAM :P

JEtD5Ak.jpg

6GRzr25.jpg

G.Skill Rip Jaws heat spreaders

H1a1TrH.jpg

And the assembled RAM :D

V94K8nz.jpg

I installed the EK modules in such a way so that the EK logo will be seen on both sides of the MB and that line that wasn't painted along with the mounting screws will be hidden on the inside between the RAM. Once I get the water block on, that won't be seen at all :P

lP0gu0N.jpg

xrh4Olq.jpg

Also after seeing TTL's latest RushKit video with the XFX R9 290, I had a closer look at my box and noticed that my reference design also has the unlocked voltage :D

Skhcmv7.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed my updates as they might be slowing down for a while as I've done pretty much everything I could do so far. I'm currently in the process of sorting out my sleeved cables but that might take a little while. And as for the motherboard cover that I want to make, I will have to wait till I get the EK Supremacy water block as I will need to have that mounted for my measurements in order to cut out the cover properly. I might start on it and do the sides and everything else but I'm also really busy with work and uni at the moment

I'm still waiting on those vinyl sheets in order to print out some cools Fallout stickers. I think that should arrive next week and that will probably be the next update :)

Stay tuned :D

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

I didn't realize EK even made heat spreaders for RAM. I'm excited to see what they look like watercooled. Sweet build!

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

This looks killer man looking forward to future updates

Thanks man :D

I didn't realize EK even made heat spreaders for RAM. I'm excited to see what they look like watercooled. Sweet build!

Thank :D. Yea they first released a water block for the original Corsair Dominators. It just applies straight on top of the Dominator RAM once you remove the little heat sink. I have that in my current build in my sig. And they then released these modules that work on any ram so that you can use the dominator water block with them :D

Do you guys even 13?

Nah I 101 :lol: . Really need to play through Fallout 1 and 2 when I have the time, hopefully when I finish uni at the end of this year :P

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

snip

They're a bit hard to get into but if you take a few minutes to learn the interface and read a character guide (getting stuck at the end because I was an idiot was no fun), they're really great games. Also, don't stand in front of Ian.

Looks absolutely boss, maybe once I have the money I will do this for Portal :D

Thanks :D . Yup a Portal build would be nice. I'm thinking of doing a Witcher themed build for my next project, in anticipation of The Witched 3 :D . Probably just gonna modify my current build, the green one in my sig, combination of white/grey, black and red colors :P

They're a bit hard to get into but if you take a few minutes to learn the interface and read a character guide (getting stuck at the end because I was an idiot was no fun), they're really great games. Also, don't stand in front of Ian.

Thanks for the tip. Yea I might give them a go when I finish uni. I'm thinking of doing like a Fallout marathon and playing through all of them haha, might take me a few good months :P :lol:

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

So I had a pretty big surprise arrive in the mail today :D. My lost and now found Heatkiller dual DDC pump top from watercool.de that I've been waiting to arrive for about 2 months now. The people over at watercool.de were kind enough and offered me a full refund for it a while ago and I gave up hope that I will ever get to see this dual pump top.

I was already looking for another one to get on my next order from PerformancePCs or FrozenCPU. Though I had no idea what to get as no one had this pump top and the reason I really like this one is because of the top inlet and nice acrylic design and there are none other like this. I'm so glad it arrived :D! I have no idea why it took so long, though I'm also waiting for another package from Hong Kong and it's been over a month :( (non-build related).

Here it is:

6nqmeJe.jpg

hTyTcvz.jpg

XxjCphK.jpg

6QTIFeB.jpg

I took these just before I left for work, had no time to play around with it and mount it on the pumps.

I will install it tomorrow as I'm very anxious to test those two pumps out. The story behind those is that I got them both for $50 from a local :). They are some old DDC1 pumps from an Apple computer I think. However they are different from the normal DDC pumps, a bit taller. From what I can tell everything on the inside of the pumps looks good, fingers crossed they still work.

Here are the pumps:

R68vI2d.jpg

kPEN5Wa.jpg

CzmRFCu.jpg

n6PODAF.jpg

3ZnWOLf.jpg

If all goes well I will be giving the pumps the blue treatment as well, on the outside :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Here's the pump and res config. I did test them out and they both started running well from what I can tell, ran them for about 10 min. However just to make sure they won't die on me once the build is complete I decided to replace the pumps PCB with a new one from this website in Hong Kong, which is where I think the pumps came from in the first place according to the label on them.

Somehow I missed this pic yesterday

1isweAS.jpg

This is the new pcb that I got if someone is interested. I will take it to a local shop to solder them once they arrive.

Anyways here is the pump and res config:

TKtEVRP.jpg

fzpPwbM.jpg

xg9iP4D.jpg

NlJl0G6.jpg

As you can see the way I connected the res was with a small male to male fitting. The res will pretty much be free standing on top of that, it's pretty sturdy :P

VCSQj2R.jpg

3gY5n2s.jpg

This is the way I tested the pumps. Those are just some fittings and tubing I used for testing, I will be using Bitspower Black Sparkle fittings in the build, rigid tubing ones of course :D

I guess I'll get to painting the pumps now :D:P

SIMPLE MODZ

Do something yellow the blue is a bit too much

There will be heaps of yellow once the build is complete, with the coolant and sleeved cables :). But blue is the main color that I'm going for, however there will be a clear balance between the colors

SIMPLE MODZ

MOAR plz

Thanks for the interest in my build but unfortunately I have some slightly bad new. Please refer to my small update below. The build is still in progress and nothing wrong with it btw :P

SIMPLE MODZ

SMALL UPDATE

Hey guys. Just a small update as to what's going on with my build for the next following weeks.

I haven't done anything since I finished the pump and res config as I'm very busy with uni at the moment. I've contacted Mundi from IceModz about getting all my custom sleeved cables done by him, again because I won't have time to do them myself and also it will cost me the same if I do them myself, with all the sleeving gear I have to get. He is currently on holiday at the moment until the 18th and will most likely make my cables when he returns.

I've got a presentation due in about a week, 2 assignment due a week after that and then 2 exams following shortly after. I'm also working 3-4 days a week and have to attend uni 3 days a weeks too on top of all the individual studies I have to do for everything that is due soon. Therefore the build is pretty much on hold at the moment :(.

To be honest I thought I would be finished by now but the more I work on it, the more modding ideas I get, so I don't want to rush it and then not be happy with it in the end. Also I don't have a proper working area at the moment and limited tools. Everything I've done so far has been with a rotary tool and a jig saw on an old crappy table in my garage. Hopefully once I finish uni at the end of the year I will have more time to work on my builds and get a better place when I move out. That way I will be able to finish them much quicker. I'm already planning 3 more builds I will be working on once I finish this. The next one will probably be to take apart my current build and do some modding on the Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 case. After that I will be working on a 250D with some minor mods and after on an 800D. I actually just purchased an 800D from a person who had bought it for a build and never had time to do it, the case is still brand new with the box unopened. I've wanted one for a while now and I purchased this one because I know they are discontinued.

Anyways enough about that. Will keep you guys posted. The next update will probably be when I know more about the cables from IceModz. In the meantime I will order what ever else I need from FrozenCPU so that I have everything ready to finish the build once the craziness with uni settles down.

Cheers, Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

SMALL UPDATE

Hey guys. Just a small update as to what's going on with my build for the next following weeks.

I haven't done anything since I finished the pump and res config as I'm very busy with uni at the moment. I've contacted Mundi from IceModz about getting all my custom sleeved cables done by him, again because I won't have time to do them myself and also it will cost me the same if I do them myself, with all the sleeving gear I have to get. He is currently on holiday at the moment until the 18th and will most likely make my cables when he returns.

I've got a presentation due in about a week, 2 assignment due a week after that and then 2 exams following shortly after. I'm also working 3-4 days a week and have to attend uni 3 days a weeks too on top of all the individual studies I have to do for everything that is due soon. Therefore the build is pretty much on hold at the moment :(.

To be honest I thought I would be finished by now but the more I work on it, the more modding ideas I get, so I don't want to rush it and then not be happy with it in the end. Also I don't have a proper working area at the moment and limited tools. Everything I've done so far has been with a rotary tool and a jig saw on an old crappy table in my garage. Hopefully once I finish uni at the end of the year I will have more time to work on my builds and get a better place when I move out. That way I will be able to finish them much quicker. I'm already planning 3 more builds I will be working on once I finish this. The next one will probably be to take apart my current build and do some modding on the Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 case. After that I will be working on a 250D with some minor mods and after on an 800D. I actually just purchased an 800D from a person who had bought it for a build and never had time to do it, the case is still brand new with the box unopened. I've wanted one for a while now and I purchased this one because I know they are discontinued.

Anyways enough about that. Will keep you guys posted. The next update will probably be when I know more about the cables from IceModz. In the meantime I will order what ever else I need from FrozenCPU so that I have everything ready to finish the build once the craziness with uni settles down.

Cheers, Alex

Take your time, we can wait :)

Good luck with all the uni stuff mate

awwwww, but I guess school/uni comes first. I have just had some of my assignments due a few days ago and I still have some due and I still have some exams, but that's life I guess

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Take your time, we can wait :)

Good luck with all the uni stuff mate

Thanks mate :)

awwwww, but I guess school/uni comes first. I have just had some of my assignments due a few days ago and I still have some due and I still have some exams, but that's life I guess

Yea I guess it does come first if I wanna be able to keep building nice rigs haha, and especially since I only have about 4 months till I graduate :D. Good luck with your assignments and exams mate :)

SIMPLE MODZ

I just hit the next button and nothing happened... I need more updates.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

SMALL UPDATE

Cheers, Alex

I feel ya man. I'm currently in high school (I think you guys call it secondary school over there :D) and have been working on a scratchbuild for a while but I kinda feel like I'll never finish :/ I wanted to be done about a month ago but between family stuff, hockey season starting, my eagle scout project, school starting in less than two weeks, and friends who want to make the best of their last days of summer, I have no Idea when I'm gonna get it done. Good luck with your craziness and awesome work so far.

Project MEGA - My New Main PC

Project NANO - A Scratchbuilt Home Server.

This is freaking sweet!!!! Love it man. Can you shed some more light on how you mounted your side panels ? I'm using megnets but they dont hold very well... I  see you're using screws... did you just use a tap & die on the chassis to make the threads?

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

I just hit the next button and nothing happened... I need more updates.

I hope I will be able to bring you guys more updates as soon as the craziness with uni settles down :)

I feel ya man. I'm currently in high school (I think you guys call it secondary school over there :D) and have been working on a scratchbuild for a while but I kinda feel like I'll never finish :/ I wanted to be done about a month ago but between family stuff, hockey season starting, my eagle scout project, school starting in less than two weeks, and friends who want to make the best of their last days of summer, I have no Idea when I'm gonna get it done. Good luck with your craziness and awesome work so far.

Yea we call is high school here too :P. Thanks a lot for the support and I hope you get to finish your project soon too. Awesome work by the way, somehow I missed this until now

This is freaking sweet!!!! Love it man. Can you shed some more light on how you mounted your side panels ? I'm using megnets but they dont hold very well... I  see you're using screws... did you just use a tap & die on the chassis to make the threads?

Thanks man :D. For the side panel I'm using 6mm long M4 screws/bolts and they way I mounted them was by drilling 3.5mm holes in the case with the with the M4 being 4mm. Given that the case is not that thick you can just screw in the M4 bolt into the 3.5mm hole pretty easily so you don't need to use anything to make the thread, the screw will make it. Hope this helps :D

SIMPLE MODZ