Seiki to release new 4K monitors 28, 32, and 40inch VA panels

GoodBytes

Seiki has been known to offer low cost 4K TV's
The company is now releasing 4k monitors but this time, unlike 28inch monitors 4k monitor already out now, uses a VA panel, instead of a TN panel, and available in 28 (28U4SEP-G02), 32 (32U4SEP-G02) and 40inch (40U4SEP-G02) sizes.

Seiki_SE39UY04.jpg
(picture of their 4K TV. No picture of the monitors have been released yet)

The monitor features:

• 3840x2160 (16:9 4K) resolution on a VA panel, as mentioned

• 12-bit color processor and 14-bit gamma mode (most likely to be a true 10-bit panel used, and 10 or 12-bit Look Up Table)

• DisplayPort 1.3, HDMI 2.0, MHL 3.0, DVI and VGA (don't expect any 4K goodness with DVI and VGA.. already 1080p is pushing VGA to it's limits)

• Supports DisplayPort Daisy Chain mode (of course that means the monitor will need to run at 1080p when using this feature, as DP 1.3 max resolution is 4K at 60Hz)

• Picture-in-Picture

• 2x port USB 3.0 hub

• VESA compliant mount

Pricing is not known. And release date is expected to be Q1 of 2015.

Source: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/30.htm#seiki_4k

I'm really Ex-Seiki-ed for these monitors.

Not really, but that's the best pun I could do.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

If they were IPS I would care.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Not IPS? Shame.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm really Ex-Seiki-ed for these monitors.

Not really, but that's the best pun I could do.

Tis an awful pun that.

But those monitors, they're so seiki!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Not IPS? Shame.

VA is simmilar, if not better (Great coloors, maby not as good, but no backlight bleed problems)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

VA is simmilar, if not better (Great coloors, maby not as good, but no backlight bleed problems)

Yeah, I think these guys have no idea what VA is. They should go watch Linus' video on panel types.

I would still like to know the response time and contrast ratio. I've heard that the cheap seiki 4k tvs had bad contrast ratio, maybe that is fixed with VA.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, I think these guys have no idea what VA is. They should go watch Linus' video on panel types.

I would still like to know the response time and contrast ratio. I've heard that the cheap seiki 4k tvs had bad contrast ratio, maybe that is fixed with VA.

Hopefully. But their 4k tv is 300$ now, so thats cheap/

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not IPS? Shame.

*FACEPALM*

you guys really need to do some research on VA.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

VA is pretty damn acceptable. has better black levels, decent viewing angles, and only a bit worse color reproduction

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

*FACEPALM*

Why? I need color accuracy and viewing angles. That's what IPS is for. I understand the differences.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

VA is mostly used in TV's, which fits to some of the bigger sizes of these screens(32+). The panel is also 10 bit. 

ME WANT! If i had the gpu horsepower

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

F*** the IPS snobbery.

As long as it gives me similar results or better in some respects, there is no reason to douche around. It's like a Lamborghini owner berating a person with a cheap Toyota when that's the only thing the Toyota owner can afford.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

F*** the IPS snobbery.

It's not that. The thing is that VA reputation has been a bit tarnished with el-cheapo VA panels. You know the ones with real poor contrast ratio, has a green tint when the display is off, colors are washed out, much like a shitty TN panel.

As an example, Lenovo is a master of destroying monitors. They'll give a bad reputation to even an IPS panel, by getting the cheapest crap money can buy, and selling it as a premium product, and those cheap Korea eBay monitor does more care on color adjustment than Lenovo. And it's not just Lenovo, you have other brands releasing some crap here and there,  at some point in time with their VA panels. I recall seeing similar crap on a BenQ monitor back ages ago at a store (don't recall the model, it's been over 5 years of this.. I think 2007-2008 possibly).

I think that is why you have people going "IPS or nothing", and not open to something else.

The WiiU game pad uses a VA panel. Nintendo upgraded the panel from a TN which was first shown at E3 at the first announcement of the WiiU console, to a VA one at the release one. It's a pretty decent one. If someone wants to have a look a one, have a look at a WiiU demo unit in stores.

Now the question is will Seiki use a decent or better VA panel, or go with the ultra cheap VA. For that we will need to read reviews.

F*** the IPS snobbery.

As long as it gives me similar results or better in some respects, there is no reason to douche around. It's like a Lamborghini owner berating a person with a cheap Toyota when that's the only thing the Toyota owner can afford.

How rude. I need monitors with full Adobe RGB verification, and VA panels do not offer that.

I see many people complaining about not-IPS....

Have you ever guys used a VA panel? Colors are great and the black reproduction it has can smash an IPS panel every day. Viewing angles are still there on the VA monitor.

Because when graphics are your job, accuracy is critical and IPS still offers the most accurate colors. The best IPS display has better black reproduction than most VA panels.

-snip-

I'm not an IPS fanboy or anything, but color accuracy is extremely important. There's no point in me buying it unless it is 100% Adobe RGB certified and these VA panels are not. If you can find a cheap 4K VA monitor with 100% Adobe RGB certification, then I'll buy it. Until then, these are media and entertainment toys.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm not an IPS fanboy or anything, but color accuracy is extremely important. There's no point in me buying it unless it is 100% Adobe RGB certified and these VA panels are not. If you can find a cheap 4K VA monitor with 100% Adobe RGB certification, then I'll buy it. Until then, these are media and entertainment toys.

In your case, yes. And I fully agree with you. But for context,  some people genuinely says "IPS or nothing" without actually needing IPS.

However, in your case, perhaps the NEC monitor mentioned: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/180716-nec-24inch-ips-4k-monitor/#entry2427187

Or the Dell UP2414Q (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD) if you are a budget, might best fit your need.

In your case, yes. And I fully agree with you. But for context,  some people genuinely says "IPS or nothing" without actually needing IPS.

However, in your case, perhaps the NEC monitor mentioned: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/180716-nec-24inch-ips-4k-monitor/#entry2427187

Or the Dell UP2414Q (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD) if you are a budget, might best fit your need.

They are both IPS panels. :P

But yeah, IPS or nothing is just stupid. TN is better for gaming, VA is a good middle ground, and IPS is best for color accuracy.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If they are gonna be 60Hz then I would seriously that a look at these.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Why? I need color accuracy and viewing angles. That's what IPS is for. I understand the differences.

>Graphic professional

>Looks at very new tech being pushed to the absolute limit of cheapness

mfw

7000488483_cc3339995a.jpg

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Hopefully. But their 4k tv is 300$ now, so thats cheap/

They REALLY REALLY REALLY need to come to europe

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

*FACEPALM*

I realize that there are good VA panels. But a good IPS or PLS panel will still be much better than a good VA panel. Personally color on a monitor is extremely important to me, so I would not give up my PLS 1440p panel for a VA panel. ever.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

They REALLY REALLY REALLY need to come to europe

Could prob just have someone here buy one and ship it there cheaper than buying one there.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Uh, am I mistaken, but isn't DP 1.3 allowing 4k at 120Hz with the use of "VESA Display Stream Compression"? Which would also allow 8k at 60Hz? Well, theoretically.