Seiki to release new 4K monitors 28, 32, and 40inch VA panels

GoodBytes

If they were IPS I would care.

lol do you know what va is or do you just comment that on every monitor thread because you saw someone else do it? VA has many advantages over IPS, and a VA panel can look as good as an IPS, or even better.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

lol do you know what va is or do you just comment that on every monitor thread because you saw someone else do it? VA has many advantages over IPS, and a VA panel can look as good as an IPS, or even better.

If you look two posts above your post you will see that your comment was not needed.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Uh, am I mistaken, but isn't DP 1.3 allowing 4k at 120Hz with the use of "VESA Display Stream Compression"? Which would also allow 8k at 60Hz? Well, theoretically. 

well even if the cable could do it, the panel couldn t, i mean i never saw a 120hz panel ever, even less so a cheap and 4K one at the same time...

For all we know, the panels could be limited to 30fps like their last gen TN model, that could be caused by the electronics in the panel, i hope it  s not the case, i would see myself with a 40in monitor...

my real question is since 1.2a includes freesync, does 1.3 have it too?

Btw, love these IPS comments, lol you beleive a 400$ 4k IPS monitor is possible?

4K IPS monitor already exist and cost 3K$ atm, it isn t reasonable to think the profit margin on these is 2.6K$ and Seiki just skipped the profit part to sell more of them.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

well even if the cable could do it, the panel couldn t, i mean i never saw a 120hz panel ever, even less so a cheap and 4K one at the same time...

For all we know, the panels could be limited to 30fps like their last gen TN model, that could be caused by the electronics in the panel, i hope it  s not the case, i would see myself with a 40in monitor...

Btw, love these IPS comments, lol you beleive a 400$ 4k IPS monitor is possible?

4K IPS monitor already exist and cost 3K$ atm, it isn t reasonable to think the profit margin on these is 2.6K$ and Seiki just skipped the profit part to sell more of them.

Well a NEC 4k monitor is 60Hz capable from another thread posted here.

I would assume 1.3 would include all technologies before as well, including freesync, but I could be wrong.

$400 IPS 4k is possible, we just have to wait for "when".

I didn't know that DP 1.3 and hdmi 2.0 where ready for use

Very cool :) and i like the fact that it has a VA panel instead of a TN panel.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

How rude. I need monitors with full Adobe RGB verification, and VA panels do not offer that.

Because when graphics are your job, accuracy is critical and IPS still offers the most accurate colors. The best IPS display has better black reproduction than most VA panels.

I'm not an IPS fanboy or anything, but color accuracy is extremely important. There's no point in me buying it unless it is 100% Adobe RGB certified and these VA panels are not. If you can find a cheap 4K VA monitor with 100% Adobe RGB certification, then I'll buy it. Until then, these are media and entertainment toys.

But he has a very valid point. The number of people who actually need that perfect color reproduction is far, far, less than the number of people who act like they need that perfect color reproduction. Case in point, anyone makes any thread asking about a monitor for gaming, and the IPS color snoobs flood it with their useless advice. Yes a bad TN panel is not good for anyone, but there are good quality TN panel gaming monitors that are far more useful for gaming than any IPS monitor on the market.

More often then not those IPS color snoobs can't even provide details as to why someone needs that perfect color reproduction when their main use will be gaming. But that does not stop them from parroting "OMG! GET IPS! TN SUCKS!" That same problem reared it's ugly head in this thread as well. "Not IPS, so why would I care". IPS 4K monitors are not exactly something the average user can afford. The few of them that exists cost over $1000 still. Why would someone who does not need perfect color reproduction spend twice as much on a monitor they don't need, and will actually perform worse in gaming with slower response times?

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

-snip-

Yes I definitely agree. I can't even afford a 4K monitor period, let alone an IPS one. It was all I could save to get my PA248Q.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes I definitely agree. I can't even afford a 4K monitor period, let alone an IPS one. It was all I could save to get my PA248Q.

Exactly, and the people who would actually benefit from it being an IPS panel are a very small minority. The IPS snoobs try to use bad TN panels as the excuse for their crusade against any panel that is not IPS. Just because a monitor is not IPS, does not mean it has horrible color reproduction.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

oh yeah!

Displayport 1.3 and HDMI 2.0

too bad I'll need another upgrade to use that...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

You can get them for well under $1000. There isn't a huge amount of cost difference in production if I recall correctly.

They aren't, but neither are these displays.

At least not on PC's. There's already several TV's with HDMI 2.0.

Hurry up and put it on cards already damn it!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm always happy to see more attempts at pushing 4K displays into an affordable price range.

I would happily take a medium-quality 4K TN monitor rather than a high-quality 1080p IPS monitor, as for

my use-case I would find the increased pixel density and higher level of screen real-estate to be

more of an advantage than the slightly better colour reproduction and better viewing angles. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff