A CS:GO streamer got SWAT called at him.

Gachr

I'm living in a town of 800 people, I'm not even sure we have a SWAT team

Maybe your town doesn't have one, but maybe nearby towns do.

Or does your country have nationwide SWAT teams?

On topic: What are the chances the prank caller was under 20 yo (most likely 12-16 yo) asshole who just likes to troll other people for ridiculous reasons? I hope the pranker get's caught and fined big time.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I like how they get all pissy "we are the police, whats so funny?" All while making themselfs look the fool.

Uhm... wat?

The police aren't fools because of this. They ARE the police. They have to take every single call seriously until fully verified that it was a prank call.

"Any man who must say "I am the king" is no true king." ~Tywin Lannister.

Yeah, I just quoted Game of Thrones.

They are police, sure, but they are obviously insecure. They should definitely take every call seriously, and once they breach the room they should immediately walk out again after realizing it was a prank. They don't have to be a dick to the obviously innocent streamers. They don't have to state that they are police officers, as though poor little streamers are too stupid to understand who they were.

I'm not patriotic or nationalistic, but American cops make me proud of NZ cops.

- "Open up, this is the police!"

- "any man who must say "this is the police" is not really the police."

*gets shot*

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

They are police, sure, but they are obviously insecure. They should definitely take every call seriously, and once they breach the room they should immediately walk out again after realizing it was a prank. They don't have to be a dick to the obviously innocent streamers. They don't have to state that they are police officers, as though poor little streamers are too stupid to understand who they were.

I'm not patriotic or nationalistic, but American cops make me proud of NZ cops.

that was my take on it. Kind of. Maybe when you run in announce you are the police (which they didnt do), and i get that you have to take all calls seriously but as somebody in this kind of division of policing you should be aware of what "swatting" is and when you bust in a door and find nothing but a single dude streaming a video game maybe not scream "TO GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND, AND DONT YOU FUCKING THING OF MOVING!" Though honestly a rough entrance isnt even as bad (except the one tough guy "dont you fucking move, you heer meh boih?) as the goddamn interrogation afterwards. "can you explain to me why we are here?" ....isnt it pretty fucking obvious?    

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

*gets shot*

like i said, announcing you are the police (which you have to do legally when entering) would have been fine...they didnt do that....they had him cuffed and on the floor and some guy decided to in a douche voice make sure he knew "we are the police"....

no.shit.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

*gets shot*

Oh for sure. It's like that story a while back where a guy with a drone was assaulted on the beach by some crazy woman. He did the right thing by not retaliating, but at the end of the day she's still a crazy bitch who deserves to be smacked for assaulting that guy.

Of course the right thing to do is cooperate. But they're still insecure and pathetic.

Guilty until proven innocent. 

Seriously, these pranks are getting rather annoying.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

that is crazy, and the irony that he was playing counter strike

I don't think that word means what you think it means. 

like i said, announcing you are the police (which you have to do legally when entering) would have been fine...they didnt do that....they had him cuffed and on the floor and some guy decided to in a douche voice make sure he knew "we are the police"....

no.shit.

Of course the right thing to do is cooperate. But they're still insecure and pathetic.

I don't support police brutality at all, I just don't really think this was an example of it. You might not like his tone of voice but I'm not expecting to be a suspect and be asked to get on the floor nicely. He was handcuffed as standard procedure, and to be honest if I was the guy I'd be pissed off at  the caller, not the policemen.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

these prank callers deserve to serve time for doing such things, people could get hurt. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I don't support police brutality at all, I just don't really think this was an example of it. You might not like his tone of voice but I'm not expecting to be a suspect and be asked to get on the floor nicely. He was handcuffed as standard procedure, and to be honest if I was the guy I'd be pissed off at  the caller, not the policemen.

I dont think anyone called it police brutality. This is far from police brutality. I do think some of those guys are definitely on a bit of an ego trip but thats nothing to actually call them on.  You say we should be mad at the caller not the police and i agree, but even after they've pretty much gathered there is no threat (and dear god if they havent realized this is a prank...) they are still very hostile to the streamer....the victim..

There are so many things that would just seem off. from what i hear it was a report of a shooting and a hostage situation, they were on the 2nd floor...so they went up a floor...and through a building door to door, everyone they find going about thier daily lives and this is apparently after a shooting in the building with a current hostage situation? I'd call something off a even at this point but it still warrants looking into so lets push in a door and find our perp.  Oh its a guy on a computer playing a game (after the shooting and hostage situation nothing calms you more) lets all 5 or 6 of us scream at this (what should be obvious is not a threat after the first 30 sec, also noticed they didnt check the rest of the room until he was cuffed which doenst seem like proper procedure but im not a cop, idk man) guy and they when it should be insanely obvious this is a prank and this guy is the victim lets be mad at him.

Sall im sayin'

Seriously, these pranks are getting rather annoying.

One day it may end in someone getting shot.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You are right, i meant ironic lol

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

One day a person is going to be hooked up to some VR unit where they won't see the police and also a headset load enough they won't hear them either. Then with their luck, they'd be playing a shooter game and have a fake gun controller and then they'll get shot.

I guess if you're looking for maximum immersion...

People pulling these pranks should be arrested and fined for the money wasted by the SWAT teams who have to go check out the situation.

Not good enough. A 6-12 month jail sentence should be part of the punishment as well.

Not good enough. A 6-12 month jail sentence should be part of the punishment as well.

Making a false report to police that results in police action is a criminal offense in Australia and can result in a years jail time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"Why I was just sitting here broadcasting my skills at this here murder simulator, officer."

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Why were they so rough when the streamer was on the ground? 

Because they legitimately thought that someone was going to be killed or that there was a bomb in the house or whatever. Since it looks like there is a legitimate threat to them, they're going to handle it that way. That's how cops act with a dangerous criminal.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

All these people being swatted by pathetic people. I think it is probably just jelousy. At least Jordan is alright.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

People pulling these pranks should be arrested and fined for the money wasted by the SWAT teams who have to go check out the situation.

Great idea, some fire services do that, the MFB in melbourne hit out a $2500 fine for every truck that responds to a false alarm.

Use of Swat teams and Police Militarisation seems to be becoming a massive problem in the last 10 years and seems to be on the rise. 

Really interesting and funny take on it from John Oliver

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Kootra too? 

I love that gag, so random.

This is stupid, perhaps the police need to do some actual research and reconnaissance before bursting into someones home and pointing a gun at their head. I dont know, like maybe call them? look through the window? etc?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Use of Swat teams and Police Militarisation seems to be becoming a massive problem in the last 10 years and seems to be on the rise. 

Really interesting and funny take on it from John Oliver

I though he was a bit off the mark here, the rest of his videos are amazing. 

Drugs have gone from hippy love to violent gangs over the last 50 years, police face more dangers in drug raids then ever IMO. The thing he doesn't mention is that the police are armed like that and using the tactics that they are because the non-violent protest by locals turned into a looting riot.

The police officer in question is being investigated by the FBI, and will be charged if necessary. Do remember that police are humans too, they have families that they worry about when they put on a uniform to protect us, if they feel threatened, they'll take these things in to account and fire, the officer is 99% likely to have been fearing for his life when he fired. But only time and the investigation will tell.