A CS:GO streamer got SWAT called at him.

Gachr

lol at the screen cap with the SWAT in the room and it says Terrorists Win

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never heard of anyone getting caught doing this as it's untraceable. (Atleast to twitch streamers, others have been caught using actual phones to family members)

Totally traceable, a lot of information is logged when you call 911. Even calling from a payphone they could track you down. And its a pretty big offense to make a false statement to the police, especially one that calls the SWAT down on not-guilty people.

There have been a bunch of people arrested for doing this shit to celebrates and other game streamers. I understand crank calling when youre bored, but whoever does this deserves to be beaten hard with the book.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

but whoever does this deserves to be beaten hard with the book.

A book isn't enough, man.

People who grief others like that should be fucking stoned or something.

Public humiliation, or some other cruel punishment. You should never call SWAT on others.

I've seen this in the news before, in a different case (CoD BlOps players I think)

You should never call swat when they are not needed. Full. Stop.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

yes who ever reported this should be lashed in time square "jordan n0thing gilbert"  has been a pro fps gamer for years and any NABORE out there should know better then to report him for gaming and saying gaming things. omg

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never heard of anyone getting caught doing this as it's untraceable. (Atleast to twitch streamers, others have been caught using actual phones to family members)

People have been caught. The individuals making these false calls should do some jail time and billed for the wasted resources.

isn't this illegal. If it isn't it should be. I'm pretty sure there is something to do with wasting police time here in the UK.

wait? ppl still do swatting?

i read of this being done( "we are anonymous" by parmy olson) and there actually stood explained it is fairly easy to do this, but come on swatting a professional gamer/streamer, looks like the 12y old kiddies are busy.

edit:

it is also funny to see how they just ignore the computer in front of them, having "terrorists win" on screen and just streaming it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

eehhh .. that doesn't rly look like a SWAT team :S .. + all they can do is search like that under the bed for monster???.. be serious, at the end, the guy is looking right in to the web from that little corner ...... seems fake to me knowing what SWAT rly is.

Personally I think it's super funny. I mean it uses for the guy and he could have been shot. I also think the caller should be found and prosecuted. I saw think it is hysterical though. Wrong but still funny.

Now that I've angered everyone in this thread. This reminds me of an article I read in Rolling Stone a few years ago. It was about a blind kid that could hack with a house phone. With only using a phone they could get account data on people and they could mimic the sound commands created by the phone hardware. Using this the guy could call 911 from what look like inside someone's house and then pretend to be held hostage by a gunman. It was called SWATing the people in this community did it kinda a lot apparently.

I could not find the RS article but here is one from wired.

http://www.wired.com/2008/06/blind-teenage-h/

I am surprised there isn't any laws on fake calls for a situation like that. If you fake a suicide you have to pay for everything, but when someone calls the cops on you they just have a laugh?! WTF!

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Fucking idiots should be charged. A lot.  It's not cheap for a police force to deploy a S.W.A.T. team...

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Twitch streamers get the worst treatment. There was that girl who got robbed on stream by people with guns, and now multiple people are getting SWAT'd. Lesson? Become a youtuber.

Twitch streamers get the worst treatment. There was that girl who got robbed on stream by people with guns, and now multiple people are getting SWAT'd. Lesson? Become a youtuber.

I think it's because they give away too much information. A lot of the time they use their real names, then they tell their viewers what city they live in. If the streamers still live in their parents house and their parents didn't remove them from Yellowbook it's a Google or Phonebook search way from finding out their address and phone number. If they live on their own and they didn't do that, same thing. This has happened to real YouTubers, and maybe both are just dumb enough to give out really personal information like a phone number.

The lesson is use fake information for anyone you don't know online. Have a burn phone, have throw away e-mails, don't check anything important while you're on stream (that's hard for some of them). Sure if someone wants to find you they will, but you can put barriers up for the 14 year olds that think it's a joke.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I think it's because they give away too much information. A lot of the time they use their real names, then they tell their viewers what city they live in. If the streamers still live in their parents house and their parents didn't remove them from Yellowbook it's a Google or Phonebook search way from finding out their address and phone number. If they live on their own and they didn't do that, same thing. This has happened to real YouTubers, and maybe both are just dumb enough to give out really personal information like a phone number.

The lesson is use fake information for anyone you don't know online. Have a burn phone, have throw away e-mails, don't check anything important while you're on stream (that's hard for some of them). Sure if someone wants to find you they will, but you can put barriers up for the 14 year olds that think it's a joke.

True, that's why my parents tell me to never give out my real name.

3 pages and nobody mentions the youtube comments?

the jokes/puns are pretty LOL

I'm guessing they showed up becuase of the audio through the computer?  Is there a longer video of this somewhere?

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Educate me please. :) 

Heard of Elliot Rodger?

Do you think swat watches every single youtube video uploaded?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Do you think swat watches every single youtube video uploaded?

no, but police does if you warn them, and then put swat team into place. 

no, but police does if you warn them, and then put swat team into place. 

Well it's not really swats fault that nobody happened to see and report this to the police

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Well it's not really swats fault that nobody happened to see and report this to the police

i wonder if they at least reported to youtube

Still fucking can't believe how many police departments have swat teams in murica

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Still fucking can't believe how many police departments have swat teams in murica

Anything bigger then a small rural town should have a SWAT department. They need to be able to deal with hostage situations, bank robberies, gangs, potential shootouts, heists, etc. There are plenty of situations that regular police officers are just not equipped to deal with.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)