A CS:GO streamer got SWAT called at him.

Gachr

Here is the video that said to be that the prankster were livestreaming their call when phoning the police.

All this over a video game.  This is taking nerd rage to a new level.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Whats wrong with these kids in america.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Swatting is bullshit, yep, but meh. A troll can ground a plane if they want to.

People need to realize that the Police take these threats very seriously. 

They'd rather be very early on scene to a false alarm than be very late to a real situation. 

SWAT does not play around when they get warnings of crazy people holding hostages and having killed people, they just don't. You want full police response? Thats how you get it. 

These situations are dangerous, these guys are on edge. 

Its also a felony for doing this, so the people responsible better pony up for jail time AND paying the costs associated with rolling out that many cops. 

I can't understand half of what you wrote, but basically, while Live Streaming a normal Twitch broadcast, this guy had the cops called on him. Most likely it was someone watching his stream that did it.

What they do is call the cops, and make up a fake story about how the streamer is shooting people or building a bomb or something. Then the cops react the call by (correctly) sending in the SWAT team.

The Police, and SWAT, have no idea what awaits them. They must act or civilians could die. They cannot possibly know it was fake or real until they check it out.

I dont always write a good post.

Anyway this sounds retarded and should be severely punished(the caller).

I dont always write a good post.

Anyway this sounds retarded and should be severely punished(the caller).

I agree 100%. They need to start implementing better ways to track and persecute the callers. SWATTING is so ridiculously dangerous, it's a miracle that no one has been seriously injured yet - let alone shot and killed. And it wouldn't even be the SWAT/Police's fault if it happened because of the nature and seriousness of their work. Just one misunderstanding where a SWAT officer legitimately feels that their life is in danger.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Linus streams on Twitch too...

Oh boy.

But he's canadian so it doesn't apply to him

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

can somebody explain why is VoD's were taken down? are police trying to censor him?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

But he's canadian so it doesn't apply to him

How so....?

Just because he's Canadian doesn't mean SWATTING couldn't happen to him too. Canada does have SWAT teams you know, and he lives in a large metropolitan city that is roughly equal to your average State Capital in terms of population.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I hope he sues the shit out of the cops. 

wha...? Are you serious?

The cops did the right thing. Yeah they were aggressive, but until they've searched the entire place, and interviewed the suspect to determine with 100% accuracy that there is no threat, they must assume he is extremely dangerous and potentially armed.

What's the alternative? The cops pussyfoot around, and then someone gets killed in a real threat? They can't know it's a prank until it's over. Even if he was sitting at a computer Streaming on Twitch, the cops can't tell that he hasn't just butchered someone and is relaxing afterwards - sociopaths like that DO exist.

If he sues the cops and wins, I will have lost a little more faith in humanity. Certainly they should pay for any damages done to his property, or rather they should catch the pranker and make him pay for the damage. But the cops cannot be held responsible for doing their job to the best of their ability.

I hope he sues the shit out of the cops.

You can't sue the PD for responding to serious allegations the way they are trained to.

The cops and SWAT can't afford to play the "boy who cried wolf" game. They have a mandate to respond to any tip or allegation that is that serious.

The department however has grounds to sue the person who made that false call. The FBI will be involved and they will get international assistance if needed.

These are FELONY crimes. You don't get a slap on the wrist and walk away.

Suing? Hah. Any Judge would toss the suit cause it has no merit.

why the hell does police have M4's and shot guns .... i thought that shit would be left for the drug lords.

I always wanted to goto the US but the police and border security scare the shit outta me

Its all about those volumetric clouds

why the hell does police have M4's and shot guns .... i thought that shit would be left for the drug lords.

I always wanted to goto the US but the police and border security scare the shit outta me

They're called SWAT officers: Special Weapons And Tactics. They aren't regular cops. These are not the same people who give out traffic tickets. Regular cops only carry 9mm Pistols.

SWAT teams are used worldwide - not just in America - for situations where a regular cop is just not equipped to deal with the situation. Hostage situations, armed robbery, gang violence, domestic terrorism, drug cartels, etc. Anytime the situation is extremely dangerous, SWAT is called.

Most industrialized countries have them in one form or another, often called "Special Police Units" or "Emergency Response Teams":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_special_police_units

They're called SWAT officers: Special Weapons And Tactics. They aren't regular cops. These are not the same people who give out traffic tickets. Regular cops only carry 9mm Pistols.

SWAT teams are used worldwide - not just in America - for situations where a regular cop is just not equipped to deal with the situation. Hostage situations, armed robbery, gang violence, domestic terrorism, drug cartels, etc. Anytime the situation is extremely dangerous, SWAT is called.

Most industrialized countries have them in one form or another, often called "Special Police Units" or "Emergency Response Teams":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_special_police_units

so they send out them straight away from one prank call? .... seems abit wasteful, I would think it would be abit obvious when they got there they where lead on false pretense

Its all about those volumetric clouds

so they send out them straight away from one prank call? .... seems abit wasteful, I would think it would be abit obvious when they got there they where lead on false pretense

I highlighted the most important part of your post. WHEN THEY GOT THERE. Meaning they couldn't know before hand.

OF COURSE they send them out straight away from one prank call. Why you ask? Because how can they tell pranks from the real thing? They certainly can't tell over the phone. They SIMPLY CANNOT TAKE THE RISK that it is just a prank, because if it turns out to be the real thing, and they didn't go because they thought it was a prank? Yeah, that'd be a nightmare for everyone, including the dead victims of a preventable situation.

I cannot fathom why people don't understand this. It's simple. Would you rather the SWAT team do their job and investigate every incident, or would you rather someone get killed because there was a real hostage situation but they thought it was a prank so didn't show up? They just cannot take the risk. Unless you can show me a fool proof way of them telling before hand that doesn't make the response time slower? Even having a patrol officer look in the window tells them nothing, because the perp could be in a different room.

They can't just send a regular officer in either. What is he gonna do if he opens the door and finds himself facing men with assault rifles or shotguns? SWAT are trained specifically for these types of situations.

Edit: German Article that made me belive that this is new news: http://www.playnation.de/spiele-news/counter-strike-global-offensive/swatting-trend-erreicht-neuen-hoehepunkt-id56025.html

see the top of the article: am 28.08.2014 - 14:59 Uhr

Jordan Mathewson was streaming Counter-Strike online Wednesday, until he heard that something isn't right 

Uh oh, this isn’t good They’re clearing rooms, what in the world? I think we’re getting swatted.

Short after the Swat Team entered his room and arrested him. According to Slate.com

"The caller claimed to have shot two co-workers, held others hostage, and threatened to shoot them. He stated that if the officers entered he would shoot them as well," the Littleton Police Department said in a statement.

"There were no victims or any evidence that a shooting had taken place.” The 9-1-1 call appears to be hoax. But the danger to Mathewson was real as police in Littleton, understandably, take active shooter situations seriously after nearby shooting tragedies at Columbine and Aurora.

The practice of swatting, as Slate’s Justin Peters wrote last year, is when “you contact the police, falsely report a horrible crime or a hostage standoff, and convince them to send a SWAT team to your unsuspecting victim’s door.” The high stakes prank, which also happens to be illegal, first blipped on the pop culture radar with celebrities getting swatted. Now, the BBC reports, some in the gaming community have adopted it as a way to sabotage opponents.

Video: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/08/28/swat_team_arrests_online_gamer_on_live_webcam.html

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

people are assholes and need to learn to stop bitching about things, it was just a game.

Video for reference, police enter about 6:30

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yes this is old news,

Seriously, a German Game news website just posted this as brand new news. I need a new source of tech news.  <_<

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

daymmmmmmmmmmm the police just arrest's everyone now'a days great we dont have a special team like swat we only have a small police force