Rate the Photo Above you

Just now, adarw said:

what does mottled mean?

Uneven color spots more or less.  Usually more than two colors which in this case would be light grey, dark grey and white.  If, say, brown was in there not just shades of grey it would be a better use of the word.  There may be such a thing as “mottled pidgeons” which would have more colors.  I don’t know.  I was thinking of distribution more than coloration in this case. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Uneven color spots more or less.  Usually more than two colors which in this case would be light grey, dark grey and white.  If, say, brown was in there not just shades of grey it would be a better use of the word.  There may be such a thing as “mottled pidgeons” which would have more colors.  I don’t know.  I was thinking of distribution more than coloration in this case. 

oh cool thanks!

IezLhOSLb67YxR4oEptYtaw0hrDwXIe7c2EP7gDWPbuP5RH44ajTCHvTXWAiwNJCwbbRF9u8Q9AgNVP6gn_gK6kMk7UVXkhMEv7f5MAmQHn5SJndzxVGNRb5BA-iOok6hzNkwfm5kcNVBa2n7ml0EDJrLXR0l9lI_90LmFmjr-zXvyRzF93ECqvjBbgn56zL483OHIDwLgDkMahnB4lms7C5T1_rpQ6X6Ge2MYifgB4DfvY9MZGUqTRY6N8q9A2ktsIsFqrDS2D2ts4I3EKPg7CIV0PYc2NDHAQwAuTSGEK6ExHWezHEnO7HuDyNgA0AR2gTx0ZrKbPhVn2oI2xhT8MOTLck5wdBcQsnMzoKIF9yJ_Dzt8Bn_El1By8QNIsAZ5sJNWExnPAAQzJJHMuQu2Fiy5ykWOadf__TymG2kCcHlMcpf4DXO8CCTK1TeEdgXvLoQfxEsxQzA3Fef3O5acc2XWuXEz2Z_-_qPdWIfh_0gKZCYs1jzuPlfSLUCLUGaxOcRz9eSVy501xISUuu3e1m7L4L5OsPiOfvs-Ky7Cs3fElBdlGNMNF66mYV7tknRbgRFWbdUbMxqvfJXhGxQcUA80zo85CHpUVzcZhABkwcSaQHGnYE9cMv-LHyMl4hQiuZv_hKOsi6JZiwwTFm-fom1JBB6VCX4RzAKoZYQBGLrjP4BUyBFzfdJw2PVpm71B7S_JqlBTh25s3lVyauPzo=w1046-h697-no?authuser=0

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

4 minutes ago, adarw said:

WOW thats an amazing pic! when did you take this?

The two pigeons just happened to be sitting on the wall thing so thats what it was.. I shot that one in May 2020 lol

Here are a few more :

DSC_0567.thumb.JPG.c757c8ad9141ae0fe0fd5a4ae9d2e697.JPGDSC_0568.thumb.JPG.7764d1766e30bcc93c5f02f7397e210a.JPG

DSC_0569.thumb.JPG.f996eaed111e3221e4c01e005ee09a5b.JPG

7 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

This was caught during my sister’s graduation. 

Never seen that bird or whatever.. But nonetheless, it looks pretty nice! The background is not too bright, and I like it!

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Just now, RockSolid1106 said:

The two pigeons just happened to be sitting on the wall thing so thats what it was.. I shot that one in May 2020 lol

Here are a few more :

Never seen that bird or whatever.. But nonetheless, it looks pretty nice! The background is not too bright, and I like it!

i want to guess the left one is the male and the right one is the female.

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

i want to guess the left one is the male and the right one is the female.

Female be like "get out of here you piece of shit"

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

anyways ima try and sleep, this is a farewell pic for now, its the first pic i like that has flash image.thumb.png.a5e9943adaab7cef659d09ad762a0733.png

-----------------

#

36 minutes ago, adarw said:

anyways ima try and sleep, this is a farewell pic for now, its the first pic i like that has flash image.thumb.png.a5e9943adaab7cef659d09ad762a0733.png

When I think of famous iconic flash photos I think of Ouija. (Pronounced wee gee)

There was this guy who’s nickname was oujia. crime scene photographer for newspapers. Something that isn’t done anymore, because he had a police scanner in his car before such things were common and would sometimes get to scenes before the police.  He did a lot of flash stuff because he only had his camera.  Flash is kind of like automatic butterfly lighting whether you want it or not. Good for faces sometimes though.  He did a couple really famous photos with flash. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

When I think of famous iconic flash photos I think of Ouija.

There was this guy who’s nickname was oujia. crime scene photographer for newspapers. Something that isn’t done anymore, because he had a police scanner in his car before such things were common and would sometimes get to scenes before the police.  He did a lot of flash stuff because he only had his camera.  Flash is kind of like automatic butterfly lighting whether you want it or not. Good for faces sometimes though.  He did a couple really famous photos with flash. 

didnt they make a movie about him, i think i watched it.

-----------------

#

2 minutes ago, adarw said:

didnt they make a movie about him, i think i watched it.

Could be.  Famous guy.  Was a subject in art history.  He used a lot of flash though as it was what was available.  He would sometimes use it to emphasize or deemphasize stuff.  Like a spotlight. He did a lot of flash photography and was considered one of the masters of it.

4 hours ago, adarw said:

this is awesome!!!! what are they hanging on? did you do any photoshop?

That is my barbell they are hanging on. Just some color adjustments in LR to get the monochromatic effect. Thanks!

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Not sure what bird it was myself. It seemed to have been a chick, and a curious one. It wandered near people. I was able to get close enough with a 50mm lens. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

That one on the driveway?  I think it was a chickadee.  Saw brown striping in the image. Not a junko.  No black head.  

7 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Not sure what bird it was myself. It seemed to have been a chick, and a curious one. It wandered near people. I was able to get close enough with a 50mm lens. 

woh how did it let you get that close. i cant do that with 250mm lol

Edited by adarw

-----------------

#

3RwMI12g60HU4Kh62zfd5AJCcVsjR1WMPEebeC8h2AR9yrRnjXBLKCFf8MEM-xHcLnyimckuYa56u-LMwGbyQiwB_Ae3g9j56EJ74mFTj9iRIztWky5k9swyISGYuBV_n4VYBsKOScLNzNEL7RA7E_Idacu0WKQf6LOjMK9k-thZuYUIC-jHCXUDX02MeoVZV6Sk9BZoDlzhbfqQXuL_Q0NlrODenAD-LUFLpm5K4WLIJ8Qn1alLcM50Hw4QOx3kXq9iQ33YzrtUCMI8JoF-2bYXByf1qzPJAYLzBNkx_5JEP89f9myyVxmVLhMJq1HCPyntiGFluTcOe6Dt8YsR80NJNGuN0iaLIqEvIPuHKfbKl0P03HgI-5AUbXYdcn6JOS4pbjVSAW53nfLbl_iT15Nvjvva4xLxroylL19tLBC_xltYqGkwk_4acSULsMv0vRRl_NZalRdBJRlFtJogxtdR3vhV4Z0-ETX1migCJTVWxcng5UIrGfeL9FtMAzO0oCR5ATqc_RtMy3V7LY08fqLPgBO0bIVKp2x0hy-iLj6Sv1ZXG2FUDtl4Tz2M2Ig0JzYJkYXOKTkqGYP2OxubnbWlGINZbIelxAtQippqxhH0hZxcDEq-D_c0NXcwiGkAttVJGB4S1yjX9LYrFVIHunetlLCGkoaB0zwdXqpkLr1II2wVLcJZ5iKpM6KYWC5RfVY8DW_3T6rhrv0VaAZdykE=w1046-h697-no?authuser=0

-----------------

#

21 minutes ago, adarw said:

Maybe it’s a zoom?  There’s also macro attachments.  Seems kinda far away for one of those though.  Also the distortion can get pretty severe 

2 hours ago, adarw said:

AM-JKLWHBqGyB_sIdcGTC2vKXMi0MHE9rdvq63kxd2NV3zsvOVgXssAV8GtdB0unXp1yNtnvejqTz8XYgYetWcFsJawokmmdiyQY9T9uEHN9dL8lIjhUaEJARUez7gtpjE9eYJG7vpLybiO0PpA0P4HwWMhO=w1046-h697-no?authuser=0

A photo that works as is but can be cropped on the sides. Not an ideal stock book photo but one that could possibly sell there.  Worth some money that way likely.  My step sister sells to stock book companies sometimes.  She’s had problems with such companies simply stealing her work and attempting to resell it without paying her though.  Seems foolish from a stock book point of view because the whole point of a stock book is an image that is legally unencumbered.

12 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Maybe it’s a zoom?  There’s also macro attachments.  Seems kinda far away for one of those though.  Also the distortion can get pretty severe 

12 hours ago, adarw said:

The bird was just wandering around during the graduation ceremony, and casually went up to people. Lots of people. The bird didn’t seem to care there were people everywhere. 

My eyes see the past…

Took this in Santa Cruz with my 85 mm. Graded the image to get close to Kodak Gold film, though unsure how well I did. 

FF5BF88B-E9F5-4EB2-9F22-959EFC7D8868.jpeg

My eyes see the past…

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The bird was just wandering around during the graduation ceremony, and casually went up to people. Lots of people. The bird didn’t seem to care there were people everywhere. 

I’ve seen chickadees like that.  One that grew up near a coffee shop or something perhaps. A “humans aren’t dangerous and contain cookie crumbs” or some such

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Took this in Santa Cruz with my 85 mm. Graded the image to get close to Kodak Gold film, though unsure how well I did. 

FF5BF88B-E9F5-4EB2-9F22-959EFC7D8868.jpeg

Shows how even subtle focus can define subject. Subject seems to be the sweater wearer.  Helped by the shirt wearer, at a marina. 3 levels of info. As to the coloration I assume Kodak gold is a Kodachrome with more yellow in it.  Might be I stopped shooting before Kodak god was a thing.  I don’t know.  Looks more like Kodachrome than ectochrome.  It’s not ectachrome though. Ectachrome had this funky red.  Kodachrome tended to blue shift though and this doesn’t do that.

Took this when i was about to visit Disney World, just testing settings with the GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

This image is from 2019 in february in Orlando.. right before the covid things..

1/500s. f/2.8 3 mm <- I have no idea what this means unless i google.

Filename: GOPR0998.JPG

Just came across this thread from another thread, always curious how theres almost no front plates on cars in the usa.

GOPR0998.thumb.JPG.4bcb138dbf6129691f6cd8e76848c5d9.JPG

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Shows how even subtle focus can define subject. Subject seems to be the sweater wearer.  Helped by the shirt wearer, at a marina. 3 levels of info. As to the coloration I assume Kodak gold is a Kodachrome with more yellow in it.  Might be I stopped shooting before Kodak god was a thing.  I don’t know.  Looks more like Kodachrome than ectochrome.  It’s not ectachrome though. Ectachrome had this funky red.  Kodachrome tended to blue shift though and this doesn’t do that.

Kodak Gold tends to trend towards yellow in the shadows, blued in the highlights. Regrettably, I don’t have a lot of reference samples on hand, so I tuned it with best guess and what looked good to my eye 

My eyes see the past…

25 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Kodak Gold tends to trend towards yellow in the shadows, blued in the highlights. Regrettably, I don’t have a lot of reference samples on hand, so I tuned it with best guess and what looked good to my eye 

Your photo.  What looks best to your eye is king.  I’m just old.  I’ve shot ektochrome gotten it back and let it get old in my portfolio I haven bother to update in probably twenty years. Ectochrome doesn’t even exist anymore was befor 1-hour photo machine the size of a washer Kodachrome.  100+ step process with a machine the size of a factory.  Probably weren’t more than half a dozen of them in the world when the process was at its height. Zero of them now of course.  Ectochrome color was the color of old color movies.  They were often shot on theat stuff.  Warm and glowey.  Stuff was terrifyingly archival though 100 years to a color shift kind of stuff.  With Kodachrome you were lucky if you got 10.  Russia developed a similar process and closed their machine later so for a period Russian film and developing were sought after.  They closed theirs too though.

NOTE: I may be getting ectachrome and Kodachrome backwards.  There was a new hotness bluer cheaper faster smaller less archival process, and an older bigger slower more yellow more archival process. I’m not sure which was which though

Edited by Bombastinator

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Your photo.  What looks best to your eye is king.  I’m just old.  I’ve shot ektochrome gotten it back and let it get old in my portfolio I haven bother to update in probably twenty years. Ectochrome doesn’t even exist anymore was befor 1-hour photo machine the size of a washer Kodachrome.  100+ step process with a machine the size of a factory.  Probably weren’t more than half a dozen of them in the world when the process was at its height. Zero of them now of course.  Ectochrome color was the color of old color movies.  They were often shot on theat stuff.  Warm and glowey.  Stuff was terrifyingly archival though 100 years to a color shift kind of stuff.  With Kodachrome you were lucky if you got 10.  Russia developed a similar process and closed their machine later so for a period Russian film and developing were sought after.  They closed theirs too though.

Before my Kyocera Finecam, I shot 110 on a Happy Meal camera. 😅

And much less than I’d like. Film was expensive for a 10 year old. The digital camera was a godsend for me. 

My eyes see the past…