Rate the Photo Above you

4 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

9/10. Pretty good!

Here's mine:

_DSC0576.thumb.JPG.ac7e386b6c3a60f37bf460260c170e54.JPG

Honestly, I cannot discern a meaningful subject from the shot. That kinda takes away a massive part of what a photograph should be, so I'd say it's not really that good.

My Schitt stack, taken on my $50 D100 from 2002. A camera as old as I am took this photo. A whole 6.2 MP.DSC_8580-Edit.thumb.jpg.9301b764dd31e330606423f50284c886.jpg

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

8 hours ago, adarw said:

i think its a little edited too much in my opinion

this isnt a pic that is nice or anything bc again its a $200 phone but i just want to share this cool birb. il have to use my camera later lol

image.thumb.png.18203145f28dd5cea24039aa64d33d30.png

Be it a nail gun or a hammer, With a tool one shouuld do the job to the best of there ability, and not use the tool as an excuse. 2/10

7 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Nice, like the photo but at the same time I don't have much to say, lol. 7/10. 

IMG_20210920_190314.thumb.jpg.9ef7564324ef42f55856dd8c9db91889.jpg

fellow $200 (odd) phone cameras! Was out on a walk and I got this photo. Didn't have enough time to get the photo down, it's somewhat out of focus and isn't very well exposed. And... sock? I didn't even notice that. Sigh, there's always tomorrow. Didn't bother editing this one, heh.

Being slighty out of focus actaully kinda works here, along with how it's exposed and the color quite moody. Its a vibe. The foot is the only off putting part. 8.2/10

3 hours ago, The Blackhat said:

Honestly, I cannot discern a meaningful subject from the shot. That kinda takes away a massive part of what a photograph should be, so I'd say it's not really that good.

My Schitt stack, taken on my $50 D100 from 2002. A camera as old as I am took this photo. A whole 6.2 MP.DSC_8580-Edit.thumb.jpg.9301b764dd31e330606423f50284c886.jpg

6.2 MP is indeed enough for this applicatrion. The black and white hits diffrent, I like it very much. 8.45/10

4 hours ago, The Blackhat said:

8/10. Nice focus on the headset. Subtle bokeh on the wood background. I feel that DAC (I assume it is, right?) doesn't look great- texture is soft. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Took this last night while waiting for the Harvest Moon in my backyard. Towards the bottom left, was a street lamp so that is what I believe the orange hue is. 

Canon EOS T7, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 at f/3.5, 20 second exposure, ISO 200, mounted on a tripod. Image Stabilizer- OFF. Corrected some "hot pixels" via editing software. 

IMG_0748.JPG

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

8 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

8/10. Nice focus on the headset. Subtle bokeh on the wood background. I feel that DAC (I assume it is, right?) doesn't look great- texture is soft. 

It was very noisy, yeah. Tons of detail loss. I like playing with the old junky D100, pushes the limits of what the sensor can do lol.

Black Lightning

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
MSI R9 290X Lightning

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

On 9/21/2021 at 7:07 AM, CommanderAlex said:

Took this last night while waiting for the Harvest Moon in my backyard. Towards the bottom left, was a street lamp so that is what I believe the orange hue is. 

Canon EOS T7, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 at f/3.5, 20 second exposure, ISO 200, mounted on a tripod. Image Stabilizer- OFF. Corrected some "hot pixels" via editing software. 

IMG_0748.JPG

thats a sick photo, looks like there theres a some noise but who am i to say that..... 

i took a photoshoot of this head....

image.png.5bc13e66cfcc6fe1df95547849b87dda.png

image.png.52e26ed56e7b2b4a3d200704d0d5e0a7.png

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

37 minutes ago, adarw said:

thats a sick photo, looks like there theres a some noise but who am i to say that..... 

i took a photoshoot of this head....

image.png.5bc13e66cfcc6fe1df95547849b87dda.png

image.png.52e26ed56e7b2b4a3d200704d0d5e0a7.png

Trying to make that ceramic look good…. 
the sides are less interesting.  The first photo uses environmental cropping, maybe do environmental cropping on the sides to effectively make the thing more narrow.  The red also appears to be a question mark that for whatever reason I suspect doesn’t work that well or there would be more of it.  A 45° above angle.  Might be fixable with the environmental cropping.  I don’t know why it’s not shown though so it could be something else.  The subject doesn’t move though so one could control focus with loooong exposure times and high f-stops.  Can get flattening with that.  Would have to be controlled too.  Might wind up being useful.  As could possibly a narrow focal plane as that can be used to control interest.  There is some lack of symmetry to it. The face and chin seem to be on different angles.  I’m wondering if actually playing that up might make an interesting photo.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:59 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

As I learned, late night street photography in sketchy areas is liable to invite trouble. Photography can be quite the dangerous profession. 😅

I didn’t think too much on the composition. The rain made things smell quite nice, and I took the photo to capture what I felt then. Not a lot to it. 

For color, I started with a LightRoom preset and adjusted further from there to taste. 

That X-S10 is a pretty nice camera. Some pretty clean results even at 1600 ISO. 

It’s harder to do with cheap equipment.  I understand members of the New York philharmonic will perform in the subway for tips but they don’t take their strad with them.  They buy a junker that still sounds more or less ok that they piscked up in a pawn shop for $20, and if they get mugged it’s just a cost of doing business.  Don’t know how to make that work with photography exactly.  Maybe get into Pinhole photography and start carrying a Quaker Oats box around or something.  “Want my camera?  Sure, here.  Don’t eat it all in one place.”  You start swinging around 5 grand worth of equipment it could get bad fast in a lot of big cities.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s harder to do with cheap equipment.  I understand members of the New York philharmonic will perform in the subway for tips but they don’t take their strad with them.  They buy a junker that still sounds more or less ok that they piscked up in a pawn shop for $20, and if they get mugged it’s just a cost of doing business.  Don’t know how to make that work with photography exactly.  Maybe get into Pinhole photography and start carrying a Quaker Oats box around or something.  “Want my camera?  Sure, here.  Don’t eat it all in one place.”  You start swinging around 5 grand worth of equipment it could get bad fast in a lot of big cities.

Might be a good time to break out the thrift store rangefinder camera and some Delta 3200 film. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 9/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, FakeKGB said:

river.thumb.png.974b76b600953362806b38dd6cf43f1e.png

Shot of a river nearby. The fuzzy gray/black on the side is my battery pack.

This was taken with an iPhone 6S.

Not bad for a phone camera, iPhones have decent ones I believe. It looks to me the coloring is slightly off? I'm assuming the camera's settings were on auto so the WB was possibly thrown a bit off by the battery pack. Aside from that, it's a neat photo. I'd probably aim up a little more, to get more of the sky and not as much of the water though.

Ok, I got a bunch so I'll do one of my favorites.
Macro shot of some pollen on a leaf

1935855010_PollenonLeaf3.JPG

7 hours ago, Nulcheck said:

Not bad for a phone camera, iPhones have decent ones I believe. It looks to me the coloring is slightly off? I'm assuming the camera's settings were on auto so the WB was possibly thrown a bit off by the battery pack. Aside from that, it's a neat photo. I'd probably aim up a little more, to get more of the sky and not as much of the water though.

sick! lense?

-----------------

#

7 hours ago, Nulcheck said:

Interesting shot. What was it taken on? It looks incredibly soft for a macro lens.

Got some new professional boxing gloves. Leather is ridiculously difficult to photograph without odd highlights, even with incredible diffusion.

E57A9070-Edit.jpg

Black Lightning

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
MSI R9 290X Lightning

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

6 hours ago, adarw said:

sick! lense?

5 hours ago, The Blackhat said:

Interesting shot. What was it taken on? It looks incredibly soft for a macro lens.

28mm f/3.5 macro lens from canon. I think that image was at f/8

On 9/25/2021 at 11:26 PM, Nulcheck said:

this one is marvelous

On 9/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, The Blackhat said:

Got some new professional boxing gloves. Leather is ridiculously difficult to photograph without odd highlights, even with incredible diffusion.

Still looks pretty dang good. Kinda looks like a loading screen for a video game of some sort. 9/10

Got sent to Syracuse, NY for work earlier this year and had taken until now to sort through what few shots I took. Took advantage of the little bit of time I had, pulled into a truck stop, popped on my shite zoom lens and somehow managed what has to be my best and favourite shot I've ever taken (which isn't saying much since I suck lol). Anywho, here it is.

Barn Haus. Canon SL3 | Canon 55-250mm IS STM, at 250mm | ISO 100 | f/5.6 | 1/80 sec. | B+W Polarizer | Lightroom (The sun was not on my side for this one. I also think I could have edited this one better. ohwell)

1908759168_Barn(1of1).thumb.jpg.f013641c7de1ec89960f54650d4554bc.jpg

2 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Barn Haus. Canon SL3 | Canon 55-250mm IS STM, at 250mm | ISO 100 | f/5.6 | 1/80 sec. | B+W Polarizer | Lightroom (The sun was not on my side for this one. I also think I could have edited this one better. ohwell)

It's a very nice shot, though I am never a fan of highly edited shots. Despite what some of mine look like, it's just not how I see things. It kinda looks like you went clarity +80 and dehaze +75 lol.

I have yet to be inspired to take actually good pictures of these new Koss I got because I just absolutely hate them to the core. But hey, here's an attempt.

E57A9089-Edit.jpg

Black Lightning

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
MSI R9 290X Lightning

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

7 hours ago, The Blackhat said:

It's a very nice shot, though I am never a fan of highly edited shots. Despite what some of mine look like, it's just not how I see things. It kinda looks like you went clarity +80 and dehaze +75 lol.

I must say I disagree. Some shots look amazing edited, some look amazing unedited. Some only need a little bit of tweaking, some need a lot of tweaking. It all really depends. I'm not one for the whole "no filter/no editing" movement. If you'd seen the original you'd think it was a terrible smartphone shot. I think some shots need the heavy editing to stand out, while some only need a few things tweaked. You're right about the clarity and dehaze. There wasn't much else I was able to do with it, so I just started farting around and this was the result. I'm rather proud of it and think it looks pretty good.

3 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

I must say I disagree. Some shots look amazing edited, some look amazing unedited. Some only need a little bit of tweaking, some need a lot of tweaking. It all really depends. I'm not one for the whole "no filter/no editing" movement. If you'd seen the original you'd think it was a terrible smartphone shot. I think some shots need the heavy editing to stand out, while some only need a few things tweaked. You're right about the clarity and dehaze. There wasn't much else I was able to do with it, so I just started farting around and this was the result. I'm rather proud of it and think it looks pretty good.

You misread what I said completely. I didn't say editing looks bad lol. I just said it can look much overdone.
I have never posted an unedited shot because everything needs something.

Black Lightning

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
MSI R9 290X Lightning

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

A shot from my film camera. Currently working on the scanning and figuring out why the contrast is basically 0.

E57A9180-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Black Lightning

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
MSI R9 290X Lightning

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

bump 🙂 

-----------------

#

This is one of my early attempts during The Year (you know which one) and don't ask "why":

IMG_0183-1.thumb.png.5d5bfce5b1309794bb13cb328ab9b9a3.png

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:17 AM, J-from-Nucleon said:

This is one of my early attempts during The Year (you know which one) and don't ask "why":

IMG_0183-1.thumb.png.5d5bfce5b1309794bb13cb328ab9b9a3.png

Desperation to photograph anything of mild interest in the house. Dark times. 😝

Shot in Placerville. The reddish color is from the smoke. Looks reminisce like how I’d imagine the dying world of Charn from Magician’s Nephew (first book in Chronicles of Narnia). 

85mm, F10, ISO100, 1/200

Should’ve used a faster aperture like F8 or F5.6, but this was pretty much a walk-by shot. 

C274A3E7-FC66-476A-8C6E-894B7FA4C4C7.jpeg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…