Rate the Photo Above you

In this topic people post pictures that they are proud of, or that they want a opinion about the picture with tips to make it better. And you make a joke of this topic! Please be serious and post only pictures that are good in your own opinion.

In this topic people post pictures that they are proud of, or that they want a opinion about the picture with tips to make it better. And you make a joke of this topic! Please be serious and post only pictures that are good in your own opinion.

i'm not making a joke of this topic? why so serious?

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Hey, how bout we go back to photos, what do u think bout this one. post-15416-0-64109600-1381796505_thumb.j

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

Hey, how bout we go back to photos, what do u think bout this one. attachicon.gifPB285132small.jpg

I like it, but isn't it a drawing? 

#KilledMyWife 

I like it, but isn't it a drawing? 

nope, i put a spot lite on the cup in the middle of my room then set Christmas lights on the door a way back from it. its a cool thing to do, you should try it

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

nope, i put a spot lite on the cup in the middle of my room then set Christmas lights on the door a way back from it. its a cool thing to do, you should try it

that is amazing man, simply shocking that it is a photo 10/10

post-20595-0-86872100-1381798063_thumb.j

#KilledMyWife 

its not a good picture, its a picture I took that I would give a 1/10. I suck but i'm not afraid to come to terms with it 

And you want to shoot your aunts wedding and expect to get paid.  I would seriously reconsider or at least let your aunt know your skill level and probably do it for free....  Also, when giving ratings, the first post says to only give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  You won't like all the photos post.  I know I don't like a few of them.  But try to give advice as to how you might improve the shot instead of just panning the photographer and their photo.  Remember, not all of us are pros and most of us are posting photos that we are proud of or have meaning to us.   

Your dog photo: TBH it just looks like a snap shot.  The dog is cute but he seems out of focus.  I would have preferred if the horizon was straight and the photo sharper in general.  The colors and contrast are a bit muted but that could be fixed in post.  Is he your dog?

My photo: Light and Shadows  

Leica M6 / 35mm 1.4 / HP5+

11AUG2013-3-XL.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

@Silvercall no my neighbors doggy 

#KilledMyWife 

• 2 weeks later...

My photo: Light and Shadows  

Leica M6 / 35mm 1.4 / HP5+

I really like the textures on this photo, which kind of give it a vintage look, yet the sharpness makes it look modern. 

On the other hand I'm not really a fan of black and white photos and the subject is kind of boring as well.

Here's one of my most recent shots and first time with a macro lens:

http://500px.com/photo/50248952

qg4QIb2.jpg

Nice portrait. I like the uniformity of the colors present in the picture and also the depth of the shadows is really nice.

Here's an experiment of mine, was originally going for something else but it didn't turn out as I wanted so I just made something different with it. The light-dots are rendered in photoshop, the rest is real. Yay or nay?

ROVtgde.jpg

8/10

How did you light the jar? I assumed you use a torch or something. Did you light it straight down, or straight up? or just point at the side?

Nice portrait. I like the uniformity of the colors present in the picture and also the depth of the shadows is really nice.

Here's an experiment of mine, was originally going for something else but it didn't turn out as I wanted so I just made something different with it. The light-dots are rendered in photoshop, the rest is real. Yay or nay?

ROVtgde.jpg

6.5/10 I like the light dots you have added but I am not really sure of the point of the photo, not sure if that makes sense. I also am not to keen on the lighting on the jar.

This is my photo, I thought I'd have a go at a panorama:

Fields.jpg

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

-snip-

Just to let you know, your linked photo doesn't work.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Just to let you know, your linked photo doesn't work.

My most recent one?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

My most recent one?

The one I quoted you on.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The one I quoted you on.

How about this:

Fields-1.jpg

How about this:

Fields-1.jpg

very nice, would of loved if it was a medium format camera but a nice photo anyway

9/10

1391648_528908490535479_1508188230_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

8/10

How did you light the jar? I assumed you use a torch or something. Did you light it straight down, or straight up? or just point at the side?

Used a small flashlight and my tripod to light it from the side from above.

6.5/10 I like the light dots you have added but I am not really sure of the point of the photo, not sure if that makes sense. I also am not to keen on the lighting on the jar.

The point was to just create something pretty lol. I saw the picture in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xll_Q-Sd6qA and wanted to create something similar because I liked the idea. It didn't turn out as I wanted and thus created this. Originally I wanted to make traces with my flashlight that fly off from the jar, but they ended up way too bright even when the aperture was at max and iso at minimum. I'm going to retry it with a piece of paper in front of the flashlight at some point. 

very nice, would of loved if it was a medium format camera but a nice photo anyway

9/10

1391648_528908490535479_1508188230_n.jpg

8/10 Good colors, well cropped, perhaps you could have changed the angle a bit to make it more interesting. 

Here's my next one. I took this whilst on holiday with my family this summer in Mallorca:

IMG_9528.jpg

Here's my next one. I took this whilst on holiday with my family this summer in Mallorca:

8/10  I like how you froze the water and the colors pop.  reminds me of summer :)

Here is mine.  I liked how the girl looked over when I took the shot. Nikon D300 17-55mm.

Composition_PepitoD_Windows-8-XL.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

8/10  I like how you froze the water and the colors pop.  reminds me of summer :)

Here is mine.  I liked how the girl looked over when I took the shot. Nikon D300 17-55mm.

Well this one is peculiar

I'll rate in in  ways

Parts of the car isn't in focus and it makes my head hurt so if you were going for capturing the car 4/10

but if you were going for speed 10/10 it makes me throw up its going so fast

Take that anyway you want. 

This was halloween when we had a guy with a gun running thru town taking hostages and I was part of the press covering the story. 

1422523_529248240501504_2072213664_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

That's pretty scary story, a guy with a gun in Halloween. The picture looks good, very detailed and good light exposure. 

This is mine, don't know the name of the flower xD Shot with D90 + 50mm F1.8 + Kenko extension tube 20 mm.

1398336_10201386144514570_713459782_o.jp