Rate the Photo Above you

9/10 Really love those pictures, especially the Dandelion, So Beautiful :D

Here's my Moon xD

1502441_10201798886632865_1470615570_o.j

And, Orion nebula @200mm, 1.3sec, F2.8 and ISO 800 ( no crop, no stacking)

1483489_10201798889352933_598601830_o.jp

Wow Thats nice! 10/10 the second pic looks like it is so in-dept to space... 

IMG_0902.JPG

Wow Thats nice! 10/10 the second pic looks like it is so in-dept to space... 

IMG_0902.JPG

People how's my pic? I didn't even have time to focus. Was in a car saw this awesome lake upstate NY and took a shot.... So it was behind a window. Glare. But its still awesome to me...

wallpaper Please :D

You're welcome to it :)

*Permission Granted :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

You're suppose to rate the photos above you.

Sorry il edit my post :P

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

• 2 weeks later...

People how's my pic? I didn't even have time to focus. Was in a car saw this awesome lake upstate NY and took a shot.... So it was behind a window. Glare. But its still awesome to me...

It's ok. Unfortunately you didn't get out of the car to get a better shot. Clouds look awesome but motion blur and window glare destroy the pic. 

Forgot to set my camera to take pictures in raw, gonna retake this one tomorrow and see what I can do with it in photoshop once I get home. But for now:

wJ7RDoB.jpg?1

It's ok. Unfortunately you didn't get out of the car to get a better shot. Clouds look awesome but motion blur and window glare destroy the pic. 

Forgot to set my camera to take pictures in raw, gonna retake this one tomorrow and see what I can do with it in photoshop once I get home. But for now:

Woot this pic is EPIC! It will be more EPIC if shot in RAW and developed!

Here is a picture I took because it was a lovely sunny day.

DSC_0130-1.jpg

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

8/10 London, nice. I like the image, but I would add some tonal contrast to the sky to add more detail. (funny what you call nice sunny day back in the UK  :D )

I didn't have a tripod for this one, so I had to put my camera on wall,( 3-4 sec shutter speed for the second one 25 sec for the first one)...I would frame it better if I had a tripod,.

8rgx.jpg

oaoi.jpg

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

8/10 London, nice. I like the image, but I would add some tonal contrast to the sky to add more detail. (funny what you call nice sunny day back in the UK  :D )

I didn't have a tripod for this one, so I had to put my camera on wall,( 3-4 sec shutter speed for the second one 25 sec for the first one)...I would frame it better if I had a tripod,.

Awesome night shots. Good improvisation for the lack of tripod.

Here is the same picture that I posted but a different post processing. As I am still learning how to use all the features of Lightroom 5. I read about tonal contrast and re-developed the picture. Is this what you were talking about when saying add tonal contrast in the sky?

DSC_0130-1-2.jpg

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Here is the same picture that I posted but a different post processing. As I am still learning how to use all the features of Lightroom 5. I read about tonal contrast and re-developed the picture. Is this what you were talking about when saying add tonal contrast in the sky?

Its getting there IMO. I would take the exposure and contrast down a little, reduce highlights, but bump clarity up. Also i would straighten out your horizon line so that the buildings are vertical. Try fooling around with the colour pallet in LR5 if you want to bring out of reduce some colours. 

qCNjBWm.jpg?1

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

7/10 I would personally tone the colour correction down, and restore the blacks, the tinting is too over the top for me. Otherwise it looks sweet!

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

7/10 I would personally tone the colour correction down, and restore the blacks, the tinting is too over the top for me. Otherwise it looks sweet!

thanks man! but I kinda like it this way, it's my style, but you are right it's was made like that on purpose. But your observation is correct.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

DSC_0130-1-2.jpg

much better. Open the shadows, lower the highlights in Lr, also play with sharpness a bit  (use masking  to add it only on the edges). Color Efex 4 pro from nik software is a great plugin, has ton's of effects you could try ( tonal contrast being one of them: and it's game changing).   

Its getting there IMO. I would take the exposure and contrast down a little, reduce highlights, but bump clarity up. Also i would straighten out your horizon line so that the buildings are vertical. Try fooling around with the colour pallet in LR5 if you want to bring out of reduce some colours. 

qCNjBWm.jpg?1

Nice one, 7/10. I would check chromatic aberrations on the left pole and the second building(edges)- it might be the compression though-or the lens? What settings did you use? ( sorry my OCD is kicking in).

Nice one, 7/10. I would check chromatic aberrations on the left pole and the second building(edges)- it might be the compression though-or the lens? What settings did you use? ( sorry my OCD is kicking in).

Thanks! Its just the standard Pentax kit 18-55 f/3.5-5.6

The CA is from both the original RAW file but got much worse w/ the compression. I've been too lazy to fool around in LR5 to see if I can fix it   ^_^

Thanks! Its just the standard Pentax kit 18-55 f/3.5-5.6

The CA is from both the original RAW file but got much worse w/ the compression. I've been too lazy to fool around in LR5 to see if I can fix it   ^_^

18-55. I see it has the same problems as mine kit lense,canon ef-s 18-55mm 3.5-5.6. Gotta work with what you have :D  

much better. Open the shadows, lower the highlights in Lr, also play with sharpness a bit (use masking to add it only on the edges). Color Efex 4 pro from nik software is a great plugin, has ton's of effects you could try ( tonal contrast being one of them: and it's game changing).

Thanks for the advice. I did search for the nik software and it looks pretty nice but the price tag is hella high. Is it really super game changing for an amateur starting off with a D800, 50mm 1.4G, 14-24mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8? There was a Nikon cash back deal for the equipment so I upgraded from D7100.

Thanks for the advice. I did search for the nik software and it looks pretty nice but the price tag is hella high. Is it really super game changing for an amateur starting off with a D800, 50mm 1.4G, 14-24mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8? There was a Nikon cash back deal for the equipment so I upgraded from D7100.

Bro you have better equipment than I do  if you do own those lenses. Trust me, camera gear is important- but nowadays it's software that makes the real difference. I myself have been retouching photos for ages, but I didn't shoot them myself (had no gear- I learned to retouch photos as a graphic designer). Lightroom is a great start,but it's good to know what's out there, try to pull out the maximum from what you have at first. 

Bro you have better equipment than I do if you do own those lenses. Trust me, camera gear is important- but nowadays it's software that makes the real difference. I myself have been retouching photos for ages, but I didn't shoot them myself (had no gear- I learned to retouch photos as a graphic designer). Lightroom is a great start,but it's good to know what's out there, try to pull out the maximum from what you have at first.

Alright thanks I will try to take better pictures with the equipment first and when I max it I will invest in software?

Alright thanks I will try to take better pictures with the equipment first and when I max it I will invest in software?

It's what I would do, yes. Software is cheaper than lenses :D

"Eagle Faction"

post-52795-0-44520500-1388718287.jpg

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

Does not count as a photo.

Why not? I took it. I created it. 

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

"Eagle Faction"

Can you PM me a link to that in 1920x1080? I would love to use it as a background :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

There is no picture above me but her is mine slightly edited with photo shop

(snip)

Just rate the last one in the topic that is yet to be rated....It is not always the post above you!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Why not? I took it. I created it. 

Hm, so the shots were taken in front of a green screen and you added the background to it. To me it's more of a photoshop creation than a real photo. Even if you didn't take the shot of the soldier in the foreground, anyone could've created this image with a stock image of a soldier. 

Feel free to disagree with me but to me this does not count as a photo but as a picture.