Rate the Photo Above you

7/10 i like the creativity but it seems blurry.

yeah it was a cropped photo infact most of the frame was cropped out of it lol, there was a guy eating a hotdog in the lower right frame 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

8/10 I like the composition and the highlights around her hair.  I may have tried to include the top of her head instead or maybe eye contact.  That said, looking at the photo makes me wonder what she is looking at.  Overall, its a good picture.

My photo of the "Telus World of Science"....  Formerly known as just "Science World" in Vancouver, BC.

Nikon D300, 17-55mm 2.8, I cant recall how long the exposure was but I did use a tripod.  Edited in Lightroom.

DifficultLowLight_PepitoD_LongExTwilight

10/10 that is amazing that is all I can say :)

093_zps84d8a7ea.jpg

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

10/10 that is amazing that is all I can say :)

Nice man, 7/10 I once shot one of those point blank in the face cause they are creepy (not talking about with a camera)

Here's some street photography I took on a bridge of these joggers who just finished their first 5k so they saw the view from the bridge and commemorated the moment with a photo with their iphone 4 

post-20595-0-63080600-1380077590_thumb.j

#KilledMyWife 

6/10 

Watch out for those things poking into your shots (bike tire, bottom right).

Make sure your horizons are level.

Try shooting from another angle. Straight on eye level shots aren't usually very interesting as they are what we see everyday. Go lower and look up, go higher and look down - just something that's abit more out of the ordinary. 

-Photo DSC_6685 removed, available upon request-

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

9939235335_354b19a17c_c.jpg

-Photo DSC_6685 removed, available upon request-

8/10 I like it! I like the B&W.  The processing makes him stand out for me and the photo is interesting.  It may just be me but I think your horizon may be just a little off.  That or the stage is a bit tilted as I feel like he and the drummer are falling toward the right.  The tent in the background looks straight though... so who knows.  Great work  :)

My photo is of a sculpture at a local planetarium. 

03SEP2013_Delta100Pro-3-L.jpg

Hasselblad 500CM, 80mm 2.8, Delta 100PRO

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

8/10 I like it! I like the B&W.  The processing makes him stand out for me and the photo is interesting.  It may just be me but I think your horizon may be just a little off.  That or the stage is a bit tilted as I feel like he and the drummer are falling toward the right.  The tent in the background looks straight though... so who knows.  Great work  :)

My photo is of a sculpture at a local planetarium. 

Hasselblad 500CM, 80mm 2.8, Delta 100PRO

9/10 Nice, I love the Hasselblad work

taken with my t3i while we were out at 1am buying 30 chicken nuggets at the GTA V Launch, iso 6400 is something that your hassy can't do :P

post-20595-0-52590300-1380175110_thumb.j

#KilledMyWife 

taken with my t3i while we were out at 1am buying 30 chicken nuggets at the GTA V Launch, iso 6400 is something that your hassy can't do :P

It actually can  :D I can push Delta 3200 to 6400.  But only in black and white  ^_^

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

It actually can  :D I can push Delta 3200 to 6400.  But only in black and white  ^_^

So do you have a studio? thats what I think of when I think hassys 

#KilledMyWife 

No, I just like cameras.  And lately I've been shooting a lot of film as it slows me down and makes me really think about the shot/photo before I commit to it.

No, I just like cameras.  And lately I've been shooting a lot of film as it slows me down and makes me really think about the shot/photo before I commit to it.

nice, i've thought about shooting film but then I took my dslr flipped the screen around so I couldn't crimp. all manual no af no stabilization. I selected 1600 iso ( big mistake) so yeah... not ready to shoot film as I just got out of the whole mini dv circle. spent $600 on the camcorder and $2000 over 3 years on the film 

#KilledMyWife 

9/10 Nice, I love the Hasselblad work

attachicon.gifIMG_6262.jpg

5/10  I'm not trying to be rude, just giving my personal opinion.  Looks like a random snapshot.  It's exposed well and whatnot...just doesn't do anything for me.

5620998441_28af1b3e03_z.jpg

5/10  I'm not trying to be rude, just giving my personal opinion.  Looks like a random snapshot.  It's exposed well and whatnot...just doesn't do anything for me.

8/10 nice doggy

I really liked the lighting in this photo I took

post-20595-0-78646900-1380178707_thumb.j

#KilledMyWife 

8/10 nice doggy

I really liked the lighting in this photo I took

7/10  Cool shot.  I really like the perspective.  The light is pretty warm looking.  Did you intend the white balance to be that way?  Is that your school?  I like photos of urban landscapes or photos of abandoned buildings and such, especially when there are no people in the photo.  I find it kinda creepy like its the something out of "I am Legend" or any Zombie/Apocalypse movie out there. 

Not too many photographers here so I'll post another one.

East Van Cross

DifficultLowLight_PepitoD_Headlights-1-L

Nikon D300, 17-55mm, tripod, blah blah blah...

@Silvercall this was actually where I went to 1st grade then they shut it down for 12 years. No one has gone in or out except the occasional maintenance man 

No editing straight from the sensor raw and I was really proud of myself for sneaking in at 3am to get the shot 

#KilledMyWife 

this is a very nice thread.

I will be monitoring.

Speaking for most everyone who has posted photos on this thread

Were glad you like our work 

#KilledMyWife 

7/10  Cool shot.  I really like the perspective.  The light is pretty warm looking.  Did you intend the white balance to be that way?  Is that your school?  I like photos of urban landscapes or photos of abandoned buildings and such, especially when there are no people in the photo.  I find it kinda creepy like its the something out of "I am Legend" or any Zombie/Apocalypse movie out there. 

Not too many photographers here so I'll post another one.

East Van Cross

Nikon D300, 17-55mm, tripod, blah blah blah...

Very Nice long exposure, steady tripod and the shot is interesting 9/10 

This was my 1st attempt at any selective color at my last portfolio building gig at a violin performance and I wanted to call attention to her daughter. 

post-20595-0-21362600-1380407328_thumb.j

#KilledMyWife 

Very Nice long exposure, steady tripod and the shot is interesting 9/10 

This was my 1st attempt at any selective color at my last portfolio building gig at a violin performance and I wanted to call attention to her daughter. 

A little grainy and the selective coloring isn't consistent.  Parts of the sweater and scarf are still monochrome.

5760471553_643a137a6f_z.jpg

Love chopping peoples heads off.

A little grainy and the selective coloring isn't consistent.  Parts of the sweater and scarf are still monochrome.

Love chopping peoples heads off.

8/10 It's a bit out of focus but it does capture the joy of childhood

553131_508013842624944_862211510_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

8/10 It's a bit out of focus but it does capture the joy of childhood

Hmmm.  It's tack sharp where it should be...the eyes.  Are you referring to the shallow depth of field?  Sometimes I will employ a large aperture to give photos a certain effect.  Shooting a 200mm lens at f/2.8 will often give you an inch or so of focus at portrait distances, which helps to isolate the subject from the background, (specifically the eyes, which are the "windows to the soul" and all that mumbo jumbo.)  I love the way it blows everything out beyond your plane of focus, giving the photo an "oil painting" effect past your focal point.

Hmmm.  It's tack sharp where it should be...the eyes.  Are you referring to the shallow depth of field?  Sometimes I will employ a large aperture to give photos a certain effect.  Shooting a 200mm lens at f/2.8 will often give you an inch or so of focus at portrait distances, which helps to isolate the subject from the background.  I love the way it blows everything out beyond your plane of focus, giving the photo an "oil painting" effect past your focal point.

don't overthink what I say lol, a lot of people would kill for a 8/10 

#KilledMyWife 

don't overthink what I say lol, a lot of people would kill for a 8/10 

Not overthinking it. :lol:   Just engaging in an acitve discussion regarding the technical aspects of a photo...of course, in the end, it's all subjective anyways. :lol:   I notice you post a lot in this thread and appreciate your enthusiasm and activity.  Figured I could throw some ideas your way...(not trying to sound smug, just discussing stuff.)

553131_508013842624944_862211510_n.jpg

I like the expression and pose.  I think that it could use a better crop without the foot cut out of frame (nitpicking).  Half of your shirt is completely blown out and void of detail, although "high key" "high contrast" works in some situations.  Would be cool to see some detail in the sky, but that can be super tough on sunny days when your are trying to expose for the subject.  I think this shot would rock if you outpowered the sun/sky with an off-camera flash/strobe lighting the subject (you?)  Seems like you are shooting a lot, maybe check out http://strobist.blogspot.com/ for some simple off camera lighting ideas to have fun with.  You can buy some cheap vivitar 285's and some cheap transmitter/recievers off ebay and have a BLAST with that crap.  Sorry for the rant...I've been up for almost 48 hours.

I like the expression and pose.  I think that it could use a better crop without the foot cut out of frame (nitpicking).  Half of your shirt is completely blown out and void of detail, although "high key" "high contrast" works in some situations.  Would be cool to see some detail in the sky, but that can be super tough on sunny days when your are trying to expose for the subject.  I think this shot would rock if you outpowered the sun/sky with an off-camera flash/strobe lighting the subject (you?)  Seems like you are shooting a lot, maybe check out http://strobist.blogspot.com/ for some simple off camera lighting ideas to have fun with.  You can buy some cheap vivitar 285's and some cheap transmitter/recievers off ebay and have a BLAST with that crap.  Sorry for the rant...I've been up for almost 48 hours.

can you see thru time yet? i've been up for 27 hours lol

I have been meaning to buy some flashes for a while. Planning to pick them up when Action camera moves next week and they sell off all their old stock at a huge mark down 

#KilledMyWife