Rate the Photo Above you

Ñice picture and colors. good framing.

Only the car which is mirrored in the paint distracts to much. You can block that with a big piece of carton. So it look solid. And to bad there was a fence which give the black line in the background.

8/10

standbeeld

Panasonic GH3 12-35 F2.8 lens

F2.8 70mm ISO 400

That cat.... looking into my soul....

I really like the way the blanket is out of focus and the way the cat is positioned.

-snip-

458 Italia...one of my favorite cars  :wub:

Ñice picture and colors. good framing.

Only the car which is mirrored in the paint distracts to much. You can block that with a big piece of carton. So it look solid. And to bad there was a fence which give the black line in the background.

8/10

Panasonic GH3 12-35 F2.8 lens

F2.8 70mm ISO 400

The background is a bit distracting but the subject is nice and in focus

8/10

this photo I took when a house caught on fire near me so I took the opportunity

1454801_532134376879557_2123246918_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

this photo I took when a house caught on fire near me so I took the opportunity

[snip]

6/10

Image quality isn't excellent, which however is to be expected in this kind of photo.

It's great for a journalistic photo and for personal remembering but there's not too much catching my attention other than, of course, the event itself.

---

Here's from the tip of my hedge~

post-18004-0-59476500-1384176016_thumb.j

Sony Nex-5 w/ 55-200 @ 140mm f/5.6

1/320s, ISO 200

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

Here's from the tip of my hedge~

Sony NEX-5 w/ 55-200 @ 140mm f/5.6

1/320s, ISO 200

8/10 I really like the composition and feel of the shot.I like how you lightened the edges of the photo, as I think it adds/fits the shot.  I only wish it was a bit sharper and I'm not a fan of watermarks as I think they distract from the shot (but I understand why people use them).  The lack of critical sharpness may be due to the fact its been re-sized for the web?

My photo.  It is Rememberance Day today in Canada, so I thought this photo is fitting.  It was a photo taken at last years memorial service.  Its not sharp and I really wish it was as I like the shot, but I'll post it anyways :)

Nov112012-1-XL.jpg

Hasselblad 500CM, 80mm, Velvia 100 converted to B&W

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

8/10 I really like the composition and feel of the shot.I like how you lightened the edges of the photo, as I think it adds/fits the shot.  I only wish it was a bit sharper and I'm not a fan of watermarks as I think they distract from the shot (but I understand why people use them).  The lack of critical sharpness may be due to the fact its been re-sized for the web?

My photo.  It is Rememberance Day today in Canada, so I thought this photo is fitting.  It was a photo taken at last years memorial service.  Its not sharp and I really wish it was as I like the shot, but I'll post it anyways :)

[snip]

Hasselblad 500CM, 80mm, Velvia 100 converted to B&W

I believe when I uploaded it to the forum it compressed it a little so it lost some sharpness and detail, here's it on my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iniqujdyldmrgi3/Garden1205-001.jpg

As for your image.. 8/10

I love the composition and the b&w really adds to the feel. I did notice the lack of sharpness as you mentioned it, but it's not too bad.

The background feels a little busy, but there's not much I can say without going over-critical!

Here's one of my favorites of my own:

(Non-resized: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26hv36r7lhjlhnp/Boat1206-002.jpg)

Boat1206-002.jpg

Sony Nex-5 w/ 55-200 @ 135mm f/5

1/320s, ISO 200

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

I believe when I uploaded it to the forum it compressed it a little so it lost some sharpness and detail, here's it on my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iniqujdyldmrgi3/Garden1205-001.jpg

As for your image.. 8/10

I love the composition and the b&w really adds to the feel. I did notice the lack of sharpness as you mentioned it, but it's not too bad.

The background feels a little busy, but there's not much I can say without going over-critical!

Here's one of my favorites of my own:

(Non-resized: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26hv36r7lhjlhnp/Boat1206-002.jpg)

(snip)

Sony Nex-5 w/ 55-200 @ 135mm f/5

1/320s, ISO 200

Amazing pic 9.9/10!!

1426677_172164816316013_1100194400_n.jpg

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Amazing pic 9.9/10!!

I'm a sucker for nature photos, the texture is nice in my opinion other than that it's a tad boring but i rather like it 7/10

Here is mine. It was a nice night so i went out to take photos of birds and this resulted.

Nikon D3200 @55mm, F13, ISO:800 and 1/100sec shutter. (With a tonne of Colour Correction)

K47Fa0b.jpg

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

8/10  I like how you froze the water and the colors pop.  reminds me of summer :)

Here is mine.  I liked how the girl looked over when I took the shot. Nikon D300 17-55mm.

That is an amazing photo. Love the colours and just the whole thing. Well done :)

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

I'm a sucker for nature photos, the texture is nice in my opinion other than that it's a tad boring but i rather like it 7/10

Here is mine. It was a nice night so i went out to take photos of birds and this resulted.

Nikon D3200 @55mm, F13, ISO:800 and 1/100sec shutter. (With a tonne of Colour Correction)

7/10

I like the photo but the composition isn't excellent. I would've liked to see the top more cropped off for a more panoramic image, otherwise it's really nice with the view of the sunset. The little bird on the antenna isn't distracting but rather adds a bit of an interesting element to it.

Here's another of my favorites (in fact I have this one hanging on my wall in a 50 by 30 inch print.

(Click here to view it in my photo library and here to see a picture of it hanging on my wall)

DDD1209-003.jpg?psid=1

7/10

Here's another of my favorites (in fact I have this one hanging on my wall in a 50 by 30 inch print.

I see you like foxes ;) where did you get the print from? It's pretty impressive.

@Red_jelly Thanks!

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

I see you like foxes ;) where did you get the print fine? It's pretty impressive.

I do very much indeed!

I got the canvas printed at a local print shop, cost me about $120 if I remember correctly.

7/10

I like the photo but the composition isn't excellent. I would've liked to see the top more cropped off for a more panoramic image, otherwise it's really nice with the view of the sunset. The little bird on the antenna isn't distracting but rather adds a bit of an interesting element to it.

The only issue I have with this photo is that that one leaf is cropped at the top :(

Personally I would've given the colors more saturation and increased contrast and all of that doodaa to make it more dramatic, but that's just me.

7/10

(Click here to view it in my photo library and here to see a picture of it hanging on my wall)

DDD1209-003.jpg?psid=1

9/10 excellent bokah but the background is a bit distracting and the subject although detailed a bit boring.

took this one at a wedding I recently videographed (not photographed but apparently I was also the photographer that day) and I did some portraits.  

1453518_535676299858698_1942726120_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

6/10 nothing special, a little grainy and blurry

Literally the first picture I've taken with a DSLR (t2i)
post-22146-0-22477900-1384994597.jpg

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

8/10

I love the creative look with the different colors in the background! It's not the most interesting image though.

---

Here's another one I like, simple but neat.

(External link)

Stockholm1208-014.jpg?psid=1

6/10

Great focus but the leafs/plants in center is not really interesting enough to be the center of attention in a picture that large. Also, the watermark being almost in the middle of the picture kinda bugs me.

Maybe considder having a bacground where you can see what it is supposed to be, so that the entire focus of the picture is not just the plant:

Alexander_19.jpg

6/10

Great focus but the leafs/plants in center is not really interesting enough to be the center of attention in a picture that large. Also, the watermark being almost in the middle of the picture kinda bugs me.

Maybe considder having a bacground where you can see what it is supposed to be, so that the entire focus of the picture is not just the plant:

Um, did you try the external link? It seems like you may not be seeing whole image! The watermark is rather along the bottom right corner than "almost in the middle".

I also don't understand entirely what you mean with having a background where you can see what it's supposed to be. The soft background bokeh is intentional to add a softness to the image and make it very vibrant overall.

Anyhow, as for your photo:

5/10

The branch is pretty neat but lacks color and vibrancy, making it feel a tad dull to me.

The background is fairly distracting, making the focus very centered instead of drawing more attention to the whole picture. I feel like moving away from the branch and putting the focus on the people in the background would make for a more pleasing portrait photo.

I do like the framing, although the watermark, whilst not aesthetically distracting, is fairly useless from a from a security perspective as it's placed in a very low-contrast area and can easily be removed in photoshop without leaving a single trace.

---

Here's something a little different:

(External link)

BirdsBW1111-002.jpg?psid=1

8/10 - I like that one. But again, the watermark ruins it a little for me. The whole contrast of the picture between the grey sky and the dark birds/trees is dismissed as the view of the eye is drawn to the slight orange tint of your fox. A B&W version of your mark would be more fitting to a picture like that.

I do not put watermark on my pictures so that they cannot be stolen or duplicated. I do it so that people can recognize who took the photo. Which is also why I think that watermarks should be simple and in a corner:) But it is not for me to decide what other people do. If people earn money from their photography, it makes perfect sense to make sure they cannot be used by others. I would just rather have the photo completely in focus with only minor distractions.

Something PC related with an older watermark:

4.JPG

8/10 - I like that one. But again, the watermark ruins it a little for me. The whole contrast of the picture between the grey sky and the dark birds/trees is dismissed as the view of the eye is drawn to the slight orange tint of your fox. A B&W version of your mark would be more fitting to a picture like that.

I do not put watermark on my pictures so that they cannot be stolen or duplicated. I do it so that people can recognize who took the photo. Which is also why I think that watermarks should be simple and in a corner:) But it is not for me to decide what other people do. If people earn money from their photography, it makes perfect sense to make sure they cannot be used by others. I would just rather have the photo completely in focus with only minor distractions.

Something PC related with an older watermark:

10/10 great photo

I thought the corner of my room had a cool effect post-22146-0-28219300-1385069678.jpg

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

1/10 its a wall... seriously I find nothing interesting with this wall. it looks like it was taken with a iphone... Sorry to be harsh but I mean its a wall

1426718_539800942779567_570815802_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

8.5/10 for the leafs. Maybe change the angle a bit more that the bokeh road is gone. But I like the shot. Is it straigh from the camera or did you tweak it?

881992_604408666262231_1747859570_o.jpg

My first try with Lightroom4. I just messed with the sliders to make this sunny autum look. I shot it on 24mm with my back to a stack of pallets by the farmer.

Highres: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/881992_604408666262231_1747859570_o.jpg

@VictorB straight from the camera, shot in raw with manual focus 1/40th shutter iso 200

#KilledMyWife 

8.5/10 for the leafs. Maybe change the angle a bit more that the bokeh road is gone. But I like the shot. Is it straigh from the camera or did you tweak it?

881992_604408666262231_1747859570_o.jpg

My first try with Lightroom4. I just messed with the sliders to make this sunny autum look. I shot it on 24mm with my back to a stack of pallets by the farmer.

Highres: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/881992_604408666262231_1747859570_o.jpg

Really digg the reflections in the right side ground on that one. Would have been cooler if the background was an endless road or the likes. Maybe some cropping to leave out the left truck, and only have the right one and the reflections of it in the picture.

leonberger.jpg

moms puppy. A leonberger. In this picture only a few weeks old.

High res: http://hps.dk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/leonberger.jpg

1/10 its a wall... seriously I find nothing interesting with this wall. it looks like it was taken with a iphone... Sorry to be harsh but I mean its a wall

Little harsh, I think you are looking at the image a little to blankly. I think the photograph was taken more from an artistic few, than simply being "hey guys, look at this wall!"