GameStop to offer EXCLUSIVE GAMEPLAY for PRE-ORDERS

TopWargamer

Source: http://kotaku.com/gamestops-preorder-plans-sound-like-bad-news-1601428457?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

According to a report on GamesBeat, the retail giant recently met with investment company R.W. Baird to talk about the company's future, and one of Baird's analysts has revealed some of the things that they spoke about.

"[GamesStop] indicated that software publishers are more enthusiastic about partnering with it," Baird's Colin Sebastian wrote. "For example, by offering exclusive content on each major game release, and longer term, future models may include GameStop offering exclusive gameplay."

This is just down right criminal. If you're not boycotting GameStop already, please, now's a better time than ever to start boycotting them. No amount of money should take away the talent of the development team and have a part of their game as a pre-order exclusive to GameStop, or any other place for that matter. Unfortunately though, this is out of the hands of some developers.

To any developer or publisher that does this: I want to play your games, I really do, but if you and your greedy hands get anywhere this, I refuse to buy your games anymore.

dfduret2fpx4qk4vs6yk.jpg

COMIC SANS

typical GS behavior, I stopped even looking in the general direction of their stores ages ago.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Can we go back to the PS2 days? Kthx

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

this is just gamestop trying to become relevant again which wont happen. They are just getting desparate haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Xbox One has taught us that decisions involving gaming that gather a large enough negative press get reversed soon enough, I worry not of this bullshit I hope it'll run its course and then sink back into the ether.

If Ubisoft and other companies want to kill gaming I will find something else to do or will just play my whole back log which should be enough to entertain me til I die.  Also if the larger companies want to rip us off I think the true Indie developers have a real shot of making some real money in the next many years.  C'mon Indies! Please continue to improve on the products you bring out and you will get even more of my money.

As for GameStop/EB Games all I have to say about these guys is they never did wrong by me and I even made profit off of many promos.  I also have enjoyed many a conversation with employees at the stores near me.  If things go to crap well like I said there are other things and other companies to give my money to.  Speak with your wallet people.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

This will set back digital distribution for consoles like 8 years

If I understand correctly, this could mean that Sony and Microsoft will be selling incomplete versions of games for their systems via their own digital marketplaces, that sounds a bit ridiculous to me. <_<

If I don't understand it correctly and the situation is just speculative only, or the 'gameplay' is nothing significant or only timed as exclusive then I'd see it differently, I still don't like it but I'd see it differently at least.

Hell no.We are suppose to be going forward not backwards.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

No amount of added content is worth:

1. pre-order money
  2. going out

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

That is just going a bit too far.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Let the console industry to fester while we continue to buy games from Steam and GOG the PCMasterRace store.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

No sweat off my back. This just gives me a list of companies to avoid giving business to is all. Haven't so much as stepped into a Gamestop in years and have no intent to do so in the near future.

I don't get the problem with this?

This is most likely just console sales. If I get a console game, I'll get it at Gamestop.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I'd rather have exclusive figurines. I bet the exclusive content will be half-assed with no sense of pride.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I don't get the problem with this?

This is most likely just console sales. If I get a console game, I'll get it at Gamestop.

Content for pc games gets cut out because of this. Something you paid full price for may be missing a chunk of data. Do you really want a more incomplete game than what you're already getting?

GG GameStop.

I'm at the point that if all the game devs fuck us all over, i got a 250 game backlog on steam and over a hundred GoG titles that I'll play when the dark ages of game distribution hit. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

They have been badgering publishers into giving them exclusive pre-order stuff for a pretty long time now, this is just the logical next step to be honest. Can we just move on to a fully digital distribution system, please? With a revised steam (please Valve, get your act together) and healthy competition like gog.com and Origin/Uplay (I actually think that they could be good for the market, they just need to stop the "exclusive" thing on origin and the mandatory Uplay if you buy a game on steam -.-)

Lol gamestop is getting screwed and their marketing department doesn't understand how to recover. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Can we go back to the PS2 days? Kthx

funny enough, my friend bought a PS2 used with around 20 games.

we were playing the games on it, and were thinking, what went wrong from here :/

I may be wrong but haven't they done this before? Bunch of fags GS. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Wait, I don't understand.

Does this mean they will offer the game to play (before release date) for those who pre-ordered at their own store?

*someone explain this to me please...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wait, I don't understand.

Does this mean they will offer the game to play (before release date) for those who pre-ordered at their own store?

*someone explain this to me please...

Parts of a game will be cut out and used as pre-order material exclusively for GameStop.

COMIC SANS

imagines a Mario game where jumping is exclusive to those who bought the game at Gamestop..........