Samsung Factory held hostage and robbed $36 million in stolen Tablets, Phones, Notebooks

ijKs Snow

Original post by Business Insider.

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-factory-held-hostage-and-robbed-2014-7

Basically, 20 criminals entered a Samsung factory located in Brazil armed with submachine guns and stole 7 truck loads of tablets, smartphones, etc. estimated to be worth around $36 million.

200 workers present at the factory were held hostage, but funny thing was, they just continued their daily jobs like nothing was happening.

No one was hurt, or killed during this robbery.

Police thinks it was an insider job since they all knew where to go to get what they wanted.

The factory is located in Sao Paulo Brazil and a Samsung spokesperson stated that "We are very concerned about this incident." and "Fortunately nobody was hurt."

Now, be prepared to see discounted Samsung Tablets and Phones all over eBay soon....

Wow. That's a pretty desperate attempt at trying to make a boatload of money.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Holy fuck great success for the thieves if they made a clean getaway.

Now how are they supposed to sell them all without it being traced back to them.

how the hell do you drive away 7 trucks, with none of the 200 workers being able to call the police? maybe its my US background. different backgrounds i guess. 

how the hell do you drive away 7 trucks, with none of the 200 workers being able to call the police? maybe its my US background. different backgrounds i guess. 

Yeah, that's why police assume it's an insider job. Most of the workers weren't even confined. They were just "working" as the robbery took place.

Brazil is corrupt anyway. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yeah, that's why police assume it's an insider job. Most of the workers weren't even confined. They were just "working" as the robbery took place.

Well they probably weren't paid good or something if they all were in on it.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

God bless the insurance. Samsung would make double that money stolen. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Well they probably weren't paid good or something if they all were in on it.

How much do you have to pay people to assemble phones and tablets to keep them from robbing $36 million worth of merchandise lol.

How much do you have to pay people to assemble phones and tablets to keep them from robbing $36 million worth of merchandise lol.

Enough for them not to be considered salves i guess.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

God bless the insurance. Samsung would make double that money stolen. 

its samsung i think they can afford the loss also i think no one would insurance them in the first place

and about the op saying ebay, well i live right next to brazil so i expect in the coming months a massive price drop in their products in almost all the stores here

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That is allot of electronics :wacko: i really do not know why i find this so funny though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Pfff... Better put Roms on all of those to get rid of TouchWiz.

I blame Obama. Can I do that for Brazil? Screw it,  it's his fault. Somehow. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

r91ybup.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Maybe we can get a 850 Pro a little sooner now.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

How does this happen in a factory? Shouldnt Samsung have one of the best sucurity systems avaluable?

Yeah it was an inside job for sure.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

South America is full of surprises guys.

to bad most of them suck ass -.-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That's just awesome I think. Waltz in, grab a couple truckloads of merchandise, drive out and don't even get the police called on you. When it comes to selling everything, if they're smart about it, they'll sell to small businesses and wait a while before they start going online.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Wow. That's a pretty desperate attempt at trying to make a boatload of money.

A desperate attempt is robbing an old lady of the money she uses to buy food and meds. This was well thought out and palnned and the score was huge. 

These criminals are pretty smart.