Mystery NVIDIA graphics card?

TOMPPIX
Though not the most trustworthy source on the web, Chinese mydrivers has posted a series of spy photo's (some blurred with a mosaic) showing what could be a new Flagship Nvidia graphics card. The sample obviously is an engineering product and shows codename 1421 with a A1 stepping build in 2014 week 21 (19-25 May). The card seems to be holding 2x8 1GB memory chips carrying 16GB of graphics memory, eight ICs on each side of the PCB.

The power connectors are a bit shocking to say at the least, it has one 8-pin and two 6-pin PCIe PEG power headers. Though with engineering samples it not unusual to have extra connectors. What kind of GPU is on board that chip remains a mystery, the Kepler followup on Maxwell architecture?

01cd8889a3ec4e469eec2066ac20090e.jpg

67e78242af454094a682db20c0911189_1000.jp

604f74791aa94f3699ea79586d927849.jpg

8fdc652160f64489bf71c7d0ba55e5ae.jpg

441bd334f0774b3f8972a13e0a13f9b8.jpg

Is this some crazy card meant for overclocking and driving multiple 4k displays? or has Nvidia gone down the AMD road of producing cards that use a royal fuck-ton of power?

16gb of graphics memory! workstation card maybe

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Look at the position of the gpu, it's very off centered, which is very unusual. Also, where does it say that those are 1gb memory banks? They could very well be 256mb.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is this some crazy card meant for overclocking and driving multiple 4k displays? or has Nvidia gone down the AMD road of producing cards that use a royal fuck-ton of power?

it s a production sample, putting more power connectors(even if they re not needed) cost nothing compared to the cost of the tests they ll do to the card. So they re better to overbuild part of the card to eliminate variables.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Memory Banks are 128mbx32 7.0GBps and thats just from a quick google search.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

nice

sorry NOICE

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Look at the position of the gpu, it's very off centered, which is very unusual. Also, where does it say that those are 1gb memory banks? They could very well be 256mb.

Looking at Hynix' product sheets it's a 32 bank 128 (4GB?) configuration with 7Gbps of bandwidth :)

http://www.electronicsdatasheets.com/pdf-datasheets/sk-hynix/h5gq4h24mfrr2c/

search for "H5GQ4H24MFR"

But that die looks quite small, it might just be a massive CUDA accelerator (green PCB ftw) designed for raw compute performance unlike Kepler- which actually has lower compute performance than Fermi because they removed a lot of the execution stages etc to cut power consumption. This would have to be a very pre-production and unfinished PCB.

Why would they use 8+6+6 instead of just 2 8 pins. Its very odd.

Usually each chip for Vram is half a GB. So a 4GB Vram card maybe.

the sli fingers make me think this isnt legit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

16gb of graphics memory! workstation card maybe

2 titan-z?

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I feel like this is just some unreleased, old prototype that someone found laying around and took a photo. Looks WAY too "old" to be meainingful

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Wait, didn't Nvidia say that Maxwell will have an ARM co-processor, if so is it on the die, it does not look that much bigger than the last gen? and is the extra power designed for that? ( i kinda doubt it since ARM processors use less power, but still )

This is very strange, i really hope the next gen of cards will not be power hogs, i have a 650 W PSU with 2 8+2 PCIe connectors, i know i can use a molex adapter, but not in he mood for buying more power...

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Why would they waste memory chips and space on the back of the card along with increasing failure rates just for 256mb chips. 512 and 1gb are safe assumptions to me.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

gpu-evga-gtx-780-ti-kingpin.jpg

I just found this. Doesn't the position of the gpu nd memory remind you of anything?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=36496575
http://videocardz.com/50980/nvidia-geforce-gtx-880-pictured

They think it is the GM204 line of GPUs with 4-8GB of VRAM. I mean the GPU die does have the A1 stepping on it so things are getting pretty close.

Every bodies favorite: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-880-maxwell-engineering-sample-analysis-features-8-gb-gddr5-memory-2nd-generation-gm2-core/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

nvidia-maxwell-new.png\

Day by day we are slowly getting closer to the next major release of next generation GPU's. Today all new photos of an GTX 880 Engineering sample leaked featuring the beastly GM210 chip the successor to the current GK110. 

The photos were provided by chinese website GamerSky, obviously we dont know for sure if these photos are indeed what they claim to be, but its the most info about High End Maxwell we've gotten to date. 

The array of photos shows the GPU codename 1421A1, meaning the chips were manufactured in the 21st week of this year which was May. This makes sense because May is when TSMC starting taping out the fabs for 20nm gpus. This prototype is equipped with a whopping 8GB of SKHynix ram which again aligns with the earlier GTX 880 leaks claiming the same thing. Such a massive amount was made possible due to all new dual sided memory modules. As for speed the memory will run at 7ghz. Reference will most likely launch with 4GB while aftermarket cards should come with 8GB, which is nothing new, or 8GB could be kept exclusive to the Titan variant which I really hope does not happen again. The last interesting bit is that the engineering sample comes with 3 power connectors (6+6+8pin). This does not align with the power Maxwell efficiency breakthroughs at all and is likely only a feature on the prototype card. Either way the maximum power draw should not exceed 375w, which again will never happen. Next we can still see SLI fingers on top, meaning Nvidia isnt planning on going with XDMA pci express based multi gpu technology just yet. Lastly its interesting what is hidden in the pixelated areas of the power delivery section. Hidden project denver ARM cores maybe? ;P  

Finally the guys over at GamerSky are claiming that we will not see this beast no earlier than Q2 of 2015. One more thing in case you're wondering, the final revision will not be green. Almost every Nvidia engineering sample just has a green circuit board. 

source: http://videocardz.com/50980/nvidia-geforce-gtx-880-pictured

Update: Before you say OMG REPOST i am aware of this  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/174891-mystery-nvidia-graphics-card/ This DOES not count and is just plain lazy and goes and against forum guidelines. 

GeForce-GTX-880-Maxwell-prototype-1.jpg

GeForce-GTX-880-Maxwell-prototype-3.jpg

GM204-vs-GK110-vs-GK104-comparison.jpg

GeForce-GTX-880-Maxwell-prototype-2.jpgGeForce-GTX-880-Maxwell-prototype-4.jpg

GTX-880-power-connectors.jpg

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

looks legit

"the guys over at GamerSky are claiming that we will not see this beast no earlier than Q2 of 2015."

guess im going with the 290XT

me hoping for DP 1.3 hdmi 2.0

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

interesting. the power connectors probably there to ensure stability

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]