Gamers more educated than the people who mock them.

jmaster299

Per the results of a survey, gamers are more educated than the non-gamers who make fun of them for playing video games. It's not completely surprising since there have been multiple studies in the past that show the majority of gamers are above average when it comes to intelligence and often possess both mental and motor skills that non-gamers lack.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/06/05/study-gamers-are-more-educated-more-social-than-the-people-who-make-fun-of-them/

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Well basically everything i have learnt is from the internet not school so really not surprising.

Same here, school didn't (at least not yet) teach me about computers or electronics or anything else that will actually be useful for my future career. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

well. uh. questioning this survey a bit. because you know, 

" For purposes of this study, a "gamer" was defined as anyone who has played a game on a digital device in the past 60 days. "

using that logic, my mom and step dad are gamers. I dunno if a gamer is someone who cant play a first person shooter, or drive in forza, or once played a RTS in their life.  "gamers" should not include mobile games for the most part. I know they are games, but they are not what you would consider gamer sterotype, that they are trying to disprove with this article. 

Hahaha us gamers are the superior human race.............Fuck the rest lets cull them!!!!! :D

Hahaha us gamers are the superior human race.............Fuck the rest lets cull them!!!!! :D

You are probably forgetting about the jocks with anger issues... We'd be massacred the moment we leave our houses..

.. And they'd steal our lunch money...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You are probably forgetting about the jocks with anger issues... We'd be massacred the moment we leave our houses..

Nah, we'd just hack some drones and destroy the jocks.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

.. And they'd steal our lunch money...

haha for some of you yes, your lunch money will be lost lamo, im a mixed martial artist.... :ph34r: (in all seriousness it is actually true coming up to 5 years now!)

thats a great idea, sure obama wont mind to get rid of the dumb folk!

haha for some you yes, your lunch money will be lost lamo, im a mixed martial artist.... :ph34r: (in all seriousness it is actually true coming up to 5 years now!)

Haha.. Well i've got a background in taekwondo,Wushu,Karate,Iaido,Kendo and soon hema.. But some of the american jocks still terrify me xD

Edit. While trying to find an example i noticed that searching for "Jock" without safe search on.. Was not really a good idea.

I was about to use the phrase "Go Aiden Pierce on their asses" But i don't feel like giving up graphical fidelity in real life  -_-

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Haha.. Well i've got a background in taekwondo,Wushu,Karate,Iaido,Kendo and soon hema.. But some of the american jocks still terrify me xD

I was about to use the phrase "Go Aiden Pierce on their asses" But i don't feel like giving up graphical fidelity in real life  -_-

WTF is hema just googled it and i get a some sort of pound shop thing here in the UK, and hahaha, yeah Ubisoft are mucking up, still not gonna stop me getting The Division and Rainbow Six Seige, im kinda glad that CDprojekt Red arent gonna do that for Witcher 3 aswell, it just goes to show that the little devs care about all of us pc and console! 

" For purposes of this study, a "gamer" was defined as anyone who has played a game on a digital device in the past 60 days. "

Yeah pretty much. And it makes sense - somebody who can afford access to a digital device is probably more likely to have an education or is in a position to receive an education.

WTF is hema just googled it and i get a some sort of pound shop thing here in the UK, and hahaha, yeah Ubisoft are mucking up, still not gonna stop me getting The Division and Rainbow Six Seige, im kinda glad that CDprojekt Red arent gonna do that for Witcher 3 aswell, it just goes to show that the little devs care about all of us pc and console! 

Historical European Martial Arts

tumblr_lyvnd3Vitw1rofk3wo1_500_zps12b71b

It's a different kind of sword fighting (also includes spears and other weapons). Maybe it could be described as the western equivalent of kendo^^

And yes. I am exited as all hell for the witcher 3 and i hope CD project doesn't follow the Ubilimp route

Now comes the question...

Do we make them more stupid or are we smarter?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Historical European Martial Arts

tumblr_lyvnd3Vitw1rofk3wo1_500_zps12b71b

It's a different kind of sword fighting (also includes spears and other weapons). Maybe it could be described as the western equivalent of kendo^^

And yes. I am exited as all hell for the witcher 3 and i hope CD project doesn't follow the Ubilimp route

Ahh right and yeah i dont think Cdproject would be silly enough to abandon their main audience which is PC!

Now comes the question...

Do we make them more stupid or are we smarter?

Both :D

using that logic, my mom and step dad are gamers. I dunno if a gamer is someone who cant play a first person shooter, or drive in forza, or once played a RTS in their life.  "gamers" should not include mobile games for the most part. I know they are games, but they are not what you would consider gamer sterotype, that they are trying to disprove with this article. 

And they surveyed "more than 1000 people" which means something like 1100 probably. Not enough for a proper study.

Oh and sorry, but 48% of "gamers" are not female. You might say that "ohh but there are more female gamers than you think" and you might be correct, but not each second person I meet while playing a game is a female. It's more like 1/10 or 1/20 (in some games the number is even lower).

The survey was really flawed and should not be taken as fact.

I doubt it. Seeing how many "gamers" still buy Ubisoft games, despite their open war with their customers and focus group-targeted accountant-made games has me convinced most gamers, most core gamers at least, are dribbling baboons. They are either addicted to AAA, pressured socially, (watercooler gaming) sadomasochists or incredibly dense.

It is more likely that this research is mainly including nothing but mobile gamers. (IE not gamers but game consumers)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Would really prefer a larger sample size.

Oh and sorry, but 48% of "gamers" are not female. You might say that "ohh but there are more female gamers than you think" and you might be correct, but not each second person I meet while playing a game is a female. It's more like 1/10 or 1/20 (in some games the number is even lower).

The survey was really flawed and should not be taken as fact.

Your 'survey' also lacks a proper sample size.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Would really prefer a larger sample size.

Your 'survey' also lacks a proper sample size.

Do you honestly believe that half the "gamers" are female? Just look at twitch, just look at MLG, just look at your average online game.

If you by Gamer mean, like the study, "anyone who has played a game in the last 60 days" then sure, it might be about 50/50 (since pretty much everyone fits that definition). If you have a bit more strikt definition of "gamer" then that number will most likely drop like a rock.