Crytek reportedly at risk to go bankrupt.

BallGum

Amidst poor adoption of Cry Engine 3, and poorer sales of Ryse, Crytek is said to be facing financial woes. Wargaming is said to be a potential buyer.

Things are definitely not looking good for Crytek and while Avni Yerli claimed that a cash injection for the company is finally imminent (with a contract to be signed really soon), a lot of big publishers are waiting for a possible bankrupt in order to sign the talent and shop the IPs from Crytek.

For what is worth, Wargaming is listed as a possible buyer of Crytek. If Wargaming does buys Crytek, we can kiss goodbye to all of the studio’s single-player games (as Wargaming is best known for its Free-To-Play games). In short, this may be the end of the Crytek we knew. 

Original Article: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek-in-deep-trouble-adoption-of-cryengine-not-good-ryse-development-catastrophic/

I wrote about this on my blog which you can check out on my profile. I'd like to say it is written better, but you guys'll be the judge of that.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Keep them going. I WANT MORE CRYSISES.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Keep them going. I WANT MORE CRYSISES.

I hope so.

Isn't Crytek a subsidiary of EA, so even if they do go bankrupt EA can just buy a bigger stake in the company.

NOOOO! Don't give them to wargaming! I don't need more tank games! Then we're better off with EA (Yes, I said it)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I saw this coming years ago to be honest. Their business model as a company involved selling their engine and their games were little more than demos for the engine.

In this industry there are already too many engines, especially to make a first/third person shooter. Most will choose to use what they are familiar with like the Unreal Engine rather than learn a new engine that will basically do the same job.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

That exclusivity deal for Ryse can't have been that sweet.

That's one of the main reasons they're facing the problems. Apparently, the game was severely behind just months from release.

Ryse exclusivity was a bad idea...

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Isn't Crytek a subsidiary of EA, so even if they do go bankrupt EA can just buy a bigger stake in the company.

Nop, Crytek is an independent developer and isn't owned by any puplisher.

They made Ryse with Microsoft,Crysis with EA, and now they're making Homefront 2 with Deep Silver.

They also have several Free2Play games that they puplish them selves.

Before they go bankrupt they will probably get bought.

RTX2070OC 

Exclusivity it's a bad idea...

Fixed that for you.

In any case this is big: this not only proves that exclusivity deals are not helping either side (we already knew they hurt devs and publishers but it doesn't appears to be really helping the manufacturers) but it could be a herald for the potential crash of the AAA videogame industry: If the companies making engines and basic tech behind the games can't survive then the entire structure could crash down.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I reckon crysis 3 was under rated and should have been far more popular, I liked it more than most of the cods over the last few years, and they sell way better...

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

I reckon crysis 3 was under rated and should have been far more popular, I liked it more than most of the cods over the last few years, and they sell way better...

That's CoD for you. I'd go so far as to call it the Justin Bieber of Video Gaming.

Talent =/= popularity unfortunately.

I see a lot of references to FPS games. I'm not going to lie but its a saturating genre with a lot of games and not a lot of innovation. Hopefully, Destiny will hopefully change my view on it (if it ever comes to PC, because I still don't see the point in consoles right now). I like their Engine and I think that is the best part that they got going for them. Things like ArcheAge and Star Citizen are using them if I remember correctly. In which, both are very interesting games.

CRYSIS was always peak of PC graphics. remember when crysis 1 was made in 2007? it was best game in visual side until crysis 2 was out :D then crysis 2 was king until crysis 3. if crysis 4 will not exist we won't have graphically king game anymore :P

they always do their best to bring us the best graphics in the world and they do very well!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Nop, Crytek is an independent developer and isn't owned by any puplisher.(Crysis as a franchise is owned by EA)

They made Ryse with Microsoft,Crysis with EA, and now they're making Homefront 2 with Deep Silver.

They also have several Free2Play games that they puplish them selves.

Before they go bankrupt they will probably get bought.

EA does not own Crysis, Crytek does. Crysis was the first game EA published under what would become the EA Partners program where developers retain ownership of their IP. After dealing with Ubisoft for Far Cry Crytek didn't want to give up ownership of their properties.

They have far too much technical talent for them to go un-bought imo

shame they never adopted more innovative game designers in their lifetime, but I will always admire them for pushing graphics technology forward

food for thought:

while CoD, one of the most profitable series ever, stays on it's stone-age game engine....CryTek has managed....

Cryengine 2 (Crysis) came out November 13th, 2007. The first version of Cryengine 3 was October 14th, 2009. That's 1 year, 11 months and 1 day, and we got:
DX11 (new render path)
Tesselation
Massively increased performance (1 million polies in CE2 caused epicly low FPS, CE3 it's no issue)
Irradiance
Real-Time GI (was baked in CE2)
Light volume (physical based sun-shafts rather than screen-based in CE2)
Massively improved particles (shadows, moblur, etc.)
Screen-space reflections (technically a cheat, but still)
Pixel-accurate POM (improved over screen-based in CE2)
SSDO (up from SSAO)
Deferred render (rather than forward rendering)
etc.

Crysis 1 was fun, Crysis 2 has been nothing but uninteresting story line mixed with overdone graphics.

Why does everything need to be shiny?

Goddammit. This engine was so good. I really hope some company buys it and runs it. Imo it was one of the best ones for pc :/

Crysis 1 was fun, Crysis 2 has been nothing but uninteresting story line mixed with overdone graphics.

Crysis doesn't = everything.

Crysis doesn't = everything.

No, I'm asking why does everything in Crysis 2 need to be shiny, and it looks like that was brought over to Crysis 3 as well.

cant agree anymore

crysis 1 was the only game i had fun with vs all the other sequels

i would even add that crysis 1 looked better

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I am worried about who buys it because Cryengine is the backbone of Star Citizen. CIG has even done a bunch of mods to the engine specifically for their game. So I hope that if it gets bought out Star Citizen doesn't get screwed.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.