Crytek reportedly at risk to go bankrupt.

BallGum

Crysis 1 was fun, Crysis 2 has been nothing but uninteresting story line mixed with overdone graphics.

Why does everything need to be shiny?

Crysis 1 was great.

Crysis 2 was, like you said, uninteresting.

Crysis 3 was better than Crysis 2 but quite a bit worse than Crysis 1.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

the only dev that always pushes graphics on PC to the melting point with no regard for what the players can push it to... the rest are doing shitty console ports with shitty graphics...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I am worried about who buys it because Cryengine is the backbone of Star Citizen. CIG has even done a bunch of mods to the engine specifically for their game. So I hope that if it gets bought out Star Citizen doesn't get screwed.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am worried about who buys it because Cryengine is the backbone of Star Citizen. CIG has even done a bunch of mods to the engine specifically for their game. So I hope that if it gets bought out Star Citizen doesn't get screwed.

They already licensed the engine. Anyone that buys Crytek would have to keep current deals in place or else they will risk being sued.

the only dev that always pushes graphics on PC to the melting point with no regard for what the players can push it to... the rest are doing shitty console ports with shitty graphics...

Umm did you forget about CD Projekt Red?

I see a lot of references to FPS games. I'm not going to lie but its a saturating genre with a lot of games and not a lot of innovation.

This.

I've been having a lot more fun with this since grabbing off steam on sale than I have with any 60+ dollar eye candy FPS with overly generic storylines or another game based off war.

battleblock-theater-1024x532.jpg

Trying to go for realistic graphics does not magically make the genre any different.

Umm did you forget about CD Projekt Red?

yes, tho Skyrim with ENB and mods looks better :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

yes, tho Skyrim with ENB and mods looks better :P

Skyrim modded to Hell looks better than every game released

I guess this proves it graphics doesnt mean shet if you dont make proper fun games.

Also cryengine looks awesome but in performance terms its crap,ye better than CE 1 and 2 but not great either.Trying to sell on graphics tech only can only get you so far.They prolly had high prices for engine adoption too.

The problem that no one wants to see tough its obvious is that singleplayers are not in demand anymore,very few genres of singles are popular nowdays since multiplayer took over everything.And making singleplayer shooters its like the pinnacle of stupid nowadays.In your face crytek...

FPS/MMORPG/MOBA is the base nowdays.

Others that will work as single would be RTS and horror stuff like Metro,upcoming Aliens isolation etc..

Ive been waiting forever for anything decent online,mmo whatever there just arent any they still believe singleplayers are athing.

There is one domain where these losers just cant see it to make money of it: Online Racing,with proper graphics gameplay/simulations etc with tournaments/seasons rewards,build your car and driver rep etc.You cant find anything like that today.

at least we know valve wont be going anywhere they will be here forever!

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Guys I know the Crysis games are not much more than average shooters on damn good graphics but remember, the real impact here is that Crytek sell their engine to lots of people, many of which actually do games lots more interesting cause they don't have to worry about a beautiful and capable engine (i.e. Star citizen)

That's the real damage, not whenever or not you'd see more shitty shooters from them. They're old school like that like id back in the day.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I guess this proves it graphics doesnt mean shet if you dont make proper fun games.

Also cryengine looks awesome but in performance terms its crap,ye better than CE 1 and 2 but not great either.Trying to sell on graphics tech only can only get you so far.They prolly had high prices for engine adoption too.

The problem that no one wants to see tough its obvious is that singleplayers are not in demand anymore,very few genres of singles are popular nowdays since multiplayer took over everything.And making singleplayer shooters its like the pinnacle of stupid nowadays.In your face crytek...

FPS/MMORPG/MOBA is the base nowdays.

Others that will work as single would be RTS and horror stuff like Metro,upcoming Aliens isolation etc..

Ive been waiting forever for anything decent online,mmo whatever there just arent any they still believe singleplayers are athing.

There is one domain where these losers just cant see it to make money of it: Online Racing,with proper graphics gameplay/simulations etc with tournaments/seasons rewards,build your car and driver rep etc.You cant find anything like that today.

I don't think this proves what you're trying to say. CryTek isn't going bust because of Crysis 3, rather, they are going bust due to a poor exclusive deal, along with poor adoption rates of Cryengine 3. 

I also disagree with multiplayer being the new norm. Wolfenstein released recently, and had no multiplayer, but was still regarded a great game. And I don't see how it is relevant, isn't Crysis a multiplayer game?

Anyway, there's plenty of good online shooters, Strike Vector looked cool, or you could go old school and play QuakeLive.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I wanted crytek to do well enough to survive because their engine was one of the rare examples where mantle was being built in and could be used by other devs.  

frostbite is expansive, but limited to EA.

unreal 4 is so far up nvidias ass with the gameworks integration I don't think they would ever touch mantle, and that means a lot of games using it might not bother that use that engine.

unity did not bother to incorporate mantle either.

So it's frostbite

the new cryengine

and that star swarm engine

that we know of so far, and if one goes under that's a loss.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

@Sammael

DX12 == Mantle

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

I reckon crysis 3 was under rated and should have been far more popular, I liked it more than most of the cods over the last few years, and they sell way better...

Crysis 3 was a  linear shooter with some sweet graphics, and derivative game play. If anything, it is overrated.

They made 2 great games, Far Cry and Crysis, but then decided to scrap what was working for them and make shitty cash grabs with linear Crysis games that were just terrible.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

@Sammael

DX12 == Mantle

reading between the lines of the Huddy interviews

dx12 ~ mantle on microsofts schedule

mantle = mantle on amds time table and schedule

amd can iterate faster than microsoft on dx 12 because they don't have to wait for another company.  If game engines like frostbite continue to use mantle, it can be a way for them to add additional features that take extra advantage newer versions of mantle support, and dx12 does not, or perhaps not as efficiently.

He kept saying that amd would continue to control mantle and support it after dx12, why?  There has to be a point, so what might that be?  It sounds like he thinks and amd thinks it might continue to give them a technical edge.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Well according to 2 dev teams that I know of CryEngine as a service was kind of a let down and both of them switched to UE4. So this news doesn't surprise me that much...

He kept saying that amd would continue to control mantle and support it after dx12, why?  There has to be a point, so what might that be?  It sounds like he thinks and amd thinks it might continue to give them a technical edge.

well maybe AMD and MS plan on using mantle as some sort of a testing ground for features that may eventually get implemented into the main DX12.x

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Incredible game engines, mediocre games.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

That's what happens when you sell out to consoles when your prime market is PC.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

dx12 ~ mantle on microsofts schedule

mantle = mantle on amds time table and schedule

amd can iterate faster than microsoft on dx 12 because they don't have to wait for another company.  If game engines like frostbite continue to use mantle, it can be a way for them to add additional features that take extra advantage newer versions of mantle support, and dx12 does not, or perhaps not as efficiently.

mantle on linux and maybe OSX one API thats consistent across all platforms  would make game devs very happy

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Hopefully this isn't the case, since Crytek picked up Free Radical after they went Bankrupt, the Timesplitters series (No.3 being my favourite game of all time) is at risk once more, supposedly they were in the process of putting TimeSplitters: Rewind which I was looking forward to atleast, oh well. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Former Vigil Games employees, no! They just found a home and could collaborate to make another Darksiders game with Nordic Games. NOOOO!!! MY DREAMS! MY HAPPINESS! MY REASON FOR LIVING!!!

tumblr_mdainnDC7R1ryvbtl.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Really sad to lose any developer...especially to a company that will ruin it. I despise crysis though.

Seemed to be a very wrong mix with those special powers. An I HATE non English soldiers talking English with offensive accents. Just make Koreans speak Korean okay? But still sad to lose a developer.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.