Apple releases cheaper iMac

Ate

Or I'm just not as poor as you.  The owners of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Mercedes Benz, etc. all want to say hi to you.

Yes because evidently wealth = intelligence, there's no way most rich people are just born into wealth and inherit most of it or flatout cheat and steal through legal or otherwise means to get to the top.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I disagree, sorry. Can you quote some examples of where i insulted someone without having been provoked by him? If I did I'm sorry, I always try to be as neutral to people as possible when I'm arguing, unless they put it on the insult level first.

It's the internet and you shouldn't be having to prove anything or feel provoked. You've been in the wrong and you for sure aren't worth my time to go back and dig up what's very obvious. You should learn how to be the bigger man and move on instead of making yourself look like a jackass on a virtual community.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

What if Apple wasn't called Apple and it was called Cake... Would people like them better? :P lol

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It's the internet and you shouldn't be having to prove anything or feel provoked. You've been in the wrong and you for sure aren't worth my time to go back and dig up what's very obvious. You should learn how to be the bigger man and move on instead of making yourself look like a jackass on a virtual community.

Eh, work can wait.

Its not obvious to me, and I am sure there are others who feel similarly.

Provide some proof. Otherwise your someone who makes grandiose assertions and doesn't even attempt to back them up.

Claims like yours do well in the political field where one liners sway the sheep that govern by virtue of voting. People here, like myself, are rational thinkers. Your unsupported claims don't hold any water.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Software Developer, Guitarist, Aspiring Politican-

They could have at least used an i5-4200m instead of what ever ultrabook processor they used. No, they should have just gotten a desktop i3 and been done with it. Using such a lower power part is just retarded.

People argue on forums, that's the main purpose of them. Again, I disagree on what you said and please don't tell me I'm wrong without showing me where, that's destructive critic. constructive critic means showing me my mistake so I can correct it. If I'm not worth your time then you could have kept the first comment to yourself. Do as you like, I have expressed my opinion on both the thread's topic and on your "accusations".

Yes because evidently wealth = intelligence, there's no way most rich people are just born into wealth and inherit most of it or flatout cheat and steal through legal or otherwise means to get to the top.

Have you seen my post on the matter? I think you'd like it :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just for you guys. I've decided to buy 15 macs to put in one of my 100% custom computer stores for my employees to use.

OMG SO MUCH MONEY BECAUSE KIDS ARE WHINEY.

Know what my guys will say? AWESOME NEW TOYS and not a single thing about price or performance because real computer guys don't give a shit if it's a mac or a custom machine. It's a feat of engineering that I remember 20 years ago was extremely limited. 

Not every single person wants to upgrade a computer. The people buying both spectrum of computers have totally different ideas of what a computer should be.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Also, once again. I like macs, my stance is simply they are not cost effective. I harbor no hatred for those that like them. :) I like 'em too. My musician uncle uses them all the time. :P

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Software Developer, Guitarist, Aspiring Politican-

Have you seen my post on the matter? I think you'd like it :P

No. We agree on the point but that relentless level of childish insults is not something I see eye to eye. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a forum like that but I constantly have to edit myself, restrain and drop conversations because otherwise I'm called up on it, even got warning points for a pretty harmless gif image joke that was way less insulting.

Sorry to say but if I can't insult people like that I don't think you should either, fairness all around, so chill out and follow the rules.

-------

Current Rig

-------

They could have at least used an i5-4200m instead of what ever ultrabook processor they used. No, they should have just gotten a desktop i3 and been done with it. Using such a lower power part is just retarded.

But an i3 sounds less powerful to people who are not that much into computers. Apple will choose a part because it sells better not because it's the better part to put inside.

No. We agree on the point but that relentless level of childish insults is not something I see eye to eye. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a forum like that but I constantly have to edit myself, restrain and drop conversations because otherwise I'm called up on it, even got warning points for a pretty harmless gif image joke that was way less insulting.

Sorry to say but if I can't insult people like that I don't think you should either, fairness all around, so chill out and follow the rules.

eh, you're right. Going to edit it now.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

-_- that's all I have to say. And also, can you guys please calm down!

Yeah we know Apple makes bad decisions about what hardware to put in their computers, but do they have to charge that much for it?  I know some people might say "well it's very nicely designed and you get good support as well" I still don't think that it should be priced this high. It has a 5400rpm hard drive for pete's sake!

Life.exe is missing

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac

21.5 inch model:

Specifications

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz

8GB memory

500GB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 5000

And it is $1099....

Seems pretty laptopish to me... What do you guys think?

Dual-core i5. *puts gun in mouth*

Intel HD Graphics *pulls trigger*

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

And also, can you guys please calm down!

You're so right :(. I guess I'l just leave this thread be for a few days, it's getting on my nerves more than I would like and I'm afraid it's showing in my posts.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dual-core i5. *puts gun in mouth*

Intel HD Graphics *pulls trigger*

I have an i3 using Intel HD graphics in my HTPC and it works great. :huh:

Who cares how people spend THEIR money? It doesn't have anything to do with you.

I have an iMac. It's a beautiful looking computer and it gets a decent chunk of use. I also rock one of (if not) the fastest computers on the forum. 

Why did I buy it? Because it's very minimalist. Looks good. Performs well. I paid for the company name and the design of the computer. It's thin, small footprint.. Also because I'm a real computer guy and don't discriminate on brands like you posers (take that lightly)

If I was to break down peoples computers in this thread based on what people are critiquing Apple over.. You'd run and hide in shame. So stop being little dicks. You guys really do sound idiotic.

Actually, it indirectly affects me. Voting with your wallet works, and I am strongly against a lot of the things Apple does.

For example the money people spend on Apple products gets pumped into unjustified lawsuits which hinders the evolution of technology.

Macs are extremely well built, come with an AMAZING warranty, and one of the best customer service departments i've ever had to deal with. Most apple products are priced very well for what you get. That's a fact. 

for the price... its garbage. i can have a pc for the same price and get TRUCK TONS more performance and enjoy just as much :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Doesn't have an external PSU. It's built in, PLUS it's thinner than most notebooks, Also likely passively cooled. I'd like to se you engineer a 4670 in a passively cooled environment. 

Active cooling is used on iMacs. not passive.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Actually, it indirectly affects me. Voting with your wallet works, and I am strongly against a lot of the things Apple does.

For example the money people spend on Apple products gets pumped into unjustified lawsuits which hinders the evolution of technology.

What Apple chooses to spend their money on has about the same effect on you as someone choosing to spend their money on Apple.

What Apple chooses to spend their money on has about the same effect on you as someone choosing to spend their money on Apple.

Yes, and it does affect me. It's like saying "which politician someone votes on doesn't affect you". Of course it does.

-snip-

That's actually a good point. That's why I do have mixed feelings when I want to buy certain products, like an Nvidia GPU or an iMac.

This topic has turned up in to a fight between two parties, unfortunately. It could have so much potential talking about Apple's choices but instead it went the other way :mellow:

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

1.4 GHz... I didn't know i5's clocked that low...

Most people: How high can we go before it overheats

Apple: What is the lowest clock we can get out of this core

Lovely logic apple, unfortunately it doesn't work to well.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Most people: How high can we go before it overheats

Apple: What is the lowest clock we can get out of this core

Lovely logic apple, unfortunately it doesn't work to well.

Gotta save power and not melt the aluminum.

Yes, and it does affect me. It's like saying "which politician someone votes on doesn't affect you". Of course it does.

Apple does not represent anyone but themselves, regardless of people "voting with their wallet" or their intentions. Companies and political representatives are different.