21.5 inch model:

Specifications

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz

8GB memory

500GB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 5000

And it is $1099....

Seems pretty laptopish to me... What do you guys think?

Pretty good deal. Like a Mac Mini, with a screen! :D

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

why use a low voltage chip those are pricy they could have gone with a  higher clocked non low voltage chip  for the same price , no ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That's pretty good :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

1.4 GHz... I didn't know i5's clocked that low...

mobile i5?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

It's a mobile cpu lol. Apple can't even have desktop grade cpus in a 1100$ computer with external power supply.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's shit for the price. As usual with most Apple products.

Macs are extremely well built, come with an AMAZING warranty, and one of the best customer service departments i've ever had to deal with. Most apple products are priced very well for what you get. That's a fact. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

laptop chips

It's shit for the price. As usual with most Apple products.

most affordable Mac yet☺ I would really consider this if I'm in the market for a new office desktop, for the simplicity and design, other AIO is shit

its meh. but you get a free 21 inch screen lol

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

It's a mobile cpu lol. Apple can't even have desktop grade cpus in a 1100$ computer with external power supply.

Doesn't have an external PSU. It's built in, PLUS it's thinner than most notebooks, Also likely passively cooled. I'd like to se you engineer a 4670 in a passively cooled environment. 

If I were in the market, I'd definitely go with the $200 more expensive version. This looks like something they'd use for classrooms.

Macs are extremely well built, come with an AMAZING warranty, and one of the best customer service departments i've ever had to deal with. Most apple products are priced very well for what you get. That's a fact. 

Then tell me, why does it cost 200$ to pass from a 2.9ghz i5 to a 3.1ghz i7 in the higher end 21.5 inch imac? Because they rip you off. that's a fact. another fact is that I could build a pc with the same specs as this """"cheap"""" imac for 300$. + 200$ for a vry good monitor. still less than half the price. There might be a couple of exceptions, but they are most definitely not the rule.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Btw it's priced at 1225$ in here...

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Doesn't have an external PSU. It's built in, PLUS it's thinner than most notebooks, Also likely passively cooled. I'd like to se you engineer a 4670 in a passively cooled environment. 

I meant it needs external supply, it doesn't run off of a battery.

-EDIT-

it's not a 4670 on this one, not even close.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Anyways, I've found out that apple is using the same chip as the base line macbook air,they have the same frequency

Then tell me, why does it cost 200$ to pass from a 2.9ghz i5 to a 3.1ghz i7 in the higher end 21.5 inch imac? Because they rip you off. that's a fact. another fact is that I could build a pc with the same specs as this """"cheap"""" imac for 300$. + 200$ for a vry good monitor. still less than half the price. There might be a couple of exceptions, but they are most definitely not the rule.

Build your machine in an all-in-one form factor, make it less than 5mm thick at the edge. maybe 2 centimetres at the thickest. Now throw OS X on it. THAN build an IPS monitor into the chassis. Comparing building a PC to an AIO that is a feat of engineering is just down right stupid. 

Haters at it again. Sure, I would never buy an iMac myself, either. It's stupid to try and compare an iMac to a gaming PC. If you are not a gamer and just need something compact that works, then iMacs probably make better sense.

I meant it needs external supply, it doesn't run off of a battery.

-EDIT-

it's not a 4670 on this one, not even close.

You claimed they could easily put a better processor in it? That's a better processor, I never said that was the one they used. 

Also what desktop runs off battery? Where the hell do you live? 

Well at least they are making an effort to build a more affordable system...  Could still do way better with a PC for the price.

Jump off your high-horse... so what if you could build a PC for the same price that is better, will it have the excellent Apple warranty or the aluminium design and be as thin?. You are comparing a tower desktop PC to an AIO with mobile parts... while I am not an Apple fan their formula works.

Then tell me, why does it cost 200$ to pass from a 2.9ghz i5 to a 3.1ghz i7 in the higher end 21.5 inch imac?

Because the cost difference between those processors is ~$110?

Build your machine in an all-in-one form factor, make it less than 5mm thick at the edge. maybe 2 centimetres at the thickest. Now throw OS X on it. THAN build an IPS monitor into the chassis. Comparing building a PC to an AIO that is a feat of engineering is just down right stupid. 

Who cares if it's a feat of engineering? For use it makes 0 difference, if you want to save desk space use an itx case and motherboard and slap it under your monitor. In fact it's worse because you can't upgrade it. In no way does that justify paying it more than twice as much. And I can easily buy a great 21.5" or even bigger ips monitor for 200$. Buying that AIO and justifying its absurd price with aesthetics and "engineering" is downright stupid.

Haters at it again. Sure, I would never buy an iMac myself, either. It's stupid to try and compare an iMac to a gaming PC. If you are not a gamer and just need something compact that works, then iMacs probably make better sense.

I never mentioned "gaming" pcs, I could build a pc with the exact performance of that imac for 600$ less. Maybe other, higher end macs make some sense, but most definitely not this one. That's what i paid for MY rig when i first got it plus my monitor, and MY pc has an i7 2600 (which was new when I got it and destroys that dual core 1.4ghz i5 twice in every possible way).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*