Apple releases cheaper iMac

Ate

I have an i3 using Intel HD graphics in my HTPC and it works great. :huh:

Quick! Get the holy water! We must cleanse him of this deceit.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

i own monster build pc:

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
CPU : Intel I7 4th Gen 4770K  (water cooled)
Hard Drive : 240gb Solid State Drive + 3tb hdd
Memory : 16gb DDR3 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro Memory
Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 770 SLI
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.50GHz overclocked

PSU: corsair 860i,

13''macbook pro retina late 2013, and 15" retina late 2013

i have good old dell xps i7 sandy bridge 

i do photography, so using lots of lightroom and photoshop

for example to export 10 pictures on my 13" (i5/ 8gb ram) takes very long time

my old xps does that it 2-3 times less time, so i can say one thing about macbooks, if u need status in society and good looking laptop with no efficiency go for apple. if u are looking to spend money and get stuff done go for any pc, i was looking for dell xps all in one, way more power 

Companies and political representatives are different.

They might be different but the effect on the consumer and the industry is exactly the same, you supply apple with revenue and they have money to spend on lawsuits that will effect product development from other companies which reduces both choice and competition.

If we do not buy apple products, then their revenue is impacted and they will end up being reduced to choosing between producing more competitive products to stay in the market or lawsuits.

This is how the economics of capitalism work.   Like it or not, every time you buy from a large corporation you are supporting their ideals and providing them the resources to maintain their MO. 

EDIT: keeping on topic, In Aus. I can buy a more powerful laptop cheaper. which essentially makes OSX a $300+ product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

mobile i5?

It's literally the same CPU as in the macbook air

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Apple does not represent anyone but themselves, regardless of people "voting with their wallet" or their intentions. Companies and political representatives are different.

No: They're unnecessarily and often unfairly interfering with other companies, you can't hide em under "anyone but themselves" when they fucking sue people.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Definitely not a powerful machine. But the HD5000 is perfect for HD movie playback and office/web browsing.

I can think of many people who would be very happy with this machine.

Also Mac OS would be optimized for the hardware.

iMacs are simply good looking, and create an expensive and professional look for customers to admire, in exchange you get mobile processors and no upgradability, a closed environment essentially, and no warranty is an excuse for a price bump. And yes it is in the price.

As a person that puts efficiency in front of looks, I'd never buy an apple product, for that exact reason, they are status items, they do have some great solutions here and there, but they are the cause of more and more featureless laptops, and brainless stall in battery life. All components shrink as time goes on, except for batteries, and instead of using this space to increase the battery life, we end up with paper thin laptops and weight wars instead of additional 10000mah behind the screen.

But these are all good because of apple's reputation, and any design choice made by them will be greeted with cheering and applause (trashcan).

The new iMac is in no way competitive (FYI, it's $1350 (£1100) with a 256 SSD), and no products in their range ever are.

Again, it's a good looking AIO, with mediocre specs and 0 useful features, enforced world-class most useless peripherals I have seen on planet earth. Hardly convinced.

No: They're unnecessarily and often unfairly interfering with other companies, you can't hide em under "anyone but themselves" when they fucking sue people.

And that unnecessary, unfair interference is not done on behalf of those customers that chose to purchase an iPod or whatever. Patent trolling is shitty, but get real, it's not stopping anyone from supporting Apple's competitors.

Ok. I'm probably going to get some hate for this.  BUT APPLE STOP F***ING OVER AUSTRALIANS!

The MacBook air from a few months a go which didn't get a price drop in Australia, fine, ok, I'll accept that.

AN IMAC WITH A SPEC DROP NOT GETTING A PRICE DROP IS SOMETHING UP WITH WHICH I WILL NOT PUT. Seriously, they've just increased the price in Australia effectively.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

It's shit for the price. As usual with most Apple products.

I was just about to say the same....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

And that unnecessary, unfair interference is not done on behalf of those customers that chose to purchase an iPod or whatever. Patent trolling is shitty, but get real, it's not stopping anyone from supporting Apple's competitors.

That is exactly what the court awarded damages vs Samsung are doing actually, they're explicitly asking for compensation from other companies, meaning they're asking them to pay enormous sums of money and a cut of every device sale. In fact sometimes they seek preliminary injunctions to flat out completely stop certain competitor products from being sold you know the exact same thing you say they're not stopping anyone from? That's what they want.

This has got to be the saddest post I had to make in a while, I'm out.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The fact that I wouldn't buy one, doesn't mean that I don't think it's great what these things have to offer. Think of a computer for your grandmother that she doesn't have to bug you all the time about to make sure it works. There are people who can really benefit from the experience. Besides, have you seen any sci-fi movies with big black boxes beside everyone's feet? xD Apple is doing it's thing, it has it's place. These kind of products make it even more accessible for exactly those who need it. Smart move... Too bad not many companies have anything competitive to offer.

- CoolerMaster CM II Advanced - Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z87 Sabertooth - EVGA GTX 460 SC - 8 Gb Mushckin Enhanced Silverline -

- 120Gb Intel 320 SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black - BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair TX750W -

That is exactly what the court awarded damages vs Samsung are doing actually, they're explicitly asking for compensation from other companies, meaning they're asking them to pay enormous sums of money and a cut of every device sale. In fact sometimes they seek preliminary injunctions to flat out completely stop certain competitor products from being sold you know the exact same thing you say they're not stopping anyone from? That's what they want.

Want but aren't getting. They're just throwing out everything to see what sticks. It's a shitty system, I get that. But it isn't Joe Blow's fault that Jane Smith can't buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 that may or may not have existed because he chose to purchase an iMac at some point.

Want but aren't getting. They're just throwing out everything to see what sticks. It's a shitty system, I get that. But it isn't Joe Blow's fault that Jane Smith can't buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 that may or may not have existed because he chose to purchase an iMac at some point.

yes it is, Joe Blow bought an apple product thus giving the apple company the funds to take Samsung to court which resulted in Jane being denied the right to buy a Samsung product. If Joe and his mates had not bought products from apple then their revenue would not be high enough to sustain court cases that result in anti-competitive outcomes.

If you buy a product from a company, then you support both directly with revenue and in-principal support for their MO.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

yes it is, Joe Blow bought an apple product thus giving the apple company the funds to take Samsung to court which resulted in Jane being denied the right to buy a Samsung product. If Joe and his mates had not bought products from apple then their revenue would not be high enough to sustain court cases that result in anti-competitive outcomes.

If you buy a product from a company, then you support both directly with revenue and in-principal support for their MO.

Joe doesn't have a say in how Apple spends the money he gave them. Jane's ability to purchase a Samsung product is not a right, nor is it infringed upon by Joe's actions. Are you going to charge me with murder because I bought a few gallons of gas too? How deep does this absurd line of thought run?

Joe doesn't have a say in how Apple spends the money he gave them. Jane's ability to purchase a Samsung product is not a right, nor is it infringed upon by Joe's actions. Are you going to charge me with murder because I bought a few gallons of gas too? How deep does this absurd line of thought run?

I can't believe you don't get it, it's really simple:

This is why there are literally thousands of lobby groups with lists of companies they want you to boycott, each company carries out operations and every person who buys from them enables that operation.  Joes ability to control the company begin and end with his purchase,  if he buys he supports. It doesn't matter what he says or wants or if apple will even listen to him,  he bought from them therefore providing them with revenue to carry out litigation that effects all other consumers. 

Joes ability to control the company begin and end with his purchase,  if he buys he supports. It doesn't matter what he says or wants or if apple will even listen to him,  he bought from them therefore providing them with revenue to carry out litigation that effects all other consumers. 

And his support is limited to the purchase he made for the product he received in exchange. It goes no further. If you'd like to believe, as some people do, that Joe is some sort of shareholder with stake in the company because he bought a product, that's your own fault, it is not the truth.

And his support is limited to the purchase he made for the product he received in exchange. It goes no further. If you'd like to believe, as some people do, that Joe is some sort of shareholder with stake in the company because he bought a product, that's your own fault, it is not the truth.

no it's not limited at all.  his purchase gives the company profit, the company uses this profit to wager lawsuits.

no it's not limited at all.  his purchase gives the company profit, the company uses this profit to wager lawsuits.

You don't know what that money does, because you're only a consumer and your dealings with the company end upon receipt of that purchase. It could be building orphanages or planting trees or designing new products or giving some office goon a holiday bonus. We don't know; it's ignorant to assume otherwise. You're free to think some random person's purchase is destroying everything good that could and should be, but there no factual basis to it, unless there's some waiver that Apple hides in a contract you didn't know you signed explicitly stating just that.

Even if you consider the build quality, those specs are weak and do not justify the price.  And no SSD either...

because price.

People like you will never learn. Please refrain from making an ass of yourself in regards to this topic in the future.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

It's supposedly so Apple has HD 5000 graphics, not 4600.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You don't know what that money does, because you're only a consumer and your dealings with the company end upon receipt of that purchase. It could be building orphanages or planting trees or designing new products or giving some office goon a holiday bonus. We don't know; it's ignorant to assume otherwise. You're free to think some random person's purchase is destroying everything good that could and should be, but there no factual basis to it, unless there's some waiver that Apple hides in a contract you didn't know you signed explicitly stating just that.

I know exactly where that money goes,  every time apple takes someone to court is costs them money, where do you think that money comes from? it doesn't fall out of the sky or come from some magical bank fund, it comes directly from the profits of the company.  ergo every time you buy an apple product a percentage of your purchase dollar goes to their court case funding.