BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

We have moved up to 5th on the Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)

I suggest we skip the jav this throw and dedicate ourselves to the other option as we haven't tried to bunker for it as far as I know 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We have moved up to 5th on the Obstacle Run (yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2)

I suggest we skip the jav this throw and dedicate ourselves to the other option as we haven't tried to bunker for it as far as I know 

May have to release some due to deadlines on my end, but can try and save anything with late enough deadline.

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

suggest we skip the jav this throw and dedicate ourselves to the other option as we haven't tried to bunker for it as far as I know 

I’d second this. I honestly haven’t even mapped the project. 

Side note… maybe I was dreaming but did I read there’s going to be a couple of bonus days for YO-YO where credits are worth more? …. If that’s the case I’ll stand up a second VM And just start bunkering between the two and dumping when they are close to expiring. 

Check Out My F@H Stats HERE

Check Out My BOINC Stats HERE

Just now, etv24 said:

I’d second this. I honestly haven’t even mapped the project. 

Side note… maybe I was dreaming but did I read there’s going to be a couple of bonus days for YO-YO where credits are worth more? …. If that’s the case I’ll stand up a second VM And just start bunkering between the two and dumping when they are close to expiring. 

There are, although I dont know what they are 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

43 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Nevermind, we got bunkered 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

The Czechs strike back 

image.png.14c7402c3a415cb28e4f1c75573a2574.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

If anyone is looking to get into compute hardware in the UK these guys look decent https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 5/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

What hardware are you willing to throw at it? 

I have an M1 MacBook air, M1 MacBook Pro [with Amphetamine, so they'll keep running], 2 Windows machines, and (if I can added it) an underutilized Synology DS1821+ (upgraded to 32GB RAM) [that rarely goes above 5%]. I just heard about the competition on the WAN Show. I've already installed BOINC on some machines, how do you get the badges?

Also, which project(s) should we be working on?

Oh, and I have two servers that I can use, they're literally just sitting under a shelf. [I'm moving in a month and I didn't bother fixing them, but setting them up for BOINC would be simple].

Edited by FalconSteve

Just now, FalconSteve said:

I have an M1 MacBook air, M1 MacBook Pro [with Amphetamine, so they'll keep running], 2 Windows machines, and (if I can added it) an underutilized Synology DS1821+ (upgraded to 32GB RAM) [that rarely goes above 5%]. I just heard about the competition on the WAN Show. I've already installed BOINC on some machines, how do you get the badges?

Also, which project(s) should we be working on?

Awesome to have you onboard, we have two guides to follow.

We need everything we can get! Tell your friends 

If you have any more questions I'll be around for a little while longer 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Was there a badge when we donated processing power at the beginning of the COVID pandemic? That's when I joined LTT on BOINC and I didn't even have to enter the team info, as soon as I logged in to GridRepublic, it populated. I just realized that I've been using BOINC since 2002 or 2003, so 20 years. I used to dial in for transfers (my parents kept dial up WAY too long).🙃

2 minutes ago, FalconSteve said:

Was there a badge when we donated processing power at the beginning of the COVID pandemic? That's when I joined LTT on BOINC and I didn't even have to enter the team info, as soon as I logged in to GridRepublic, it populated. I just realized that I've been using BOINC since 2002 or 2003, so 20 years. I used to dial in for transfers (my parents kept dial up WAY too long).🙃

Hahaha there are badges for both folding and BOINC, here's the link 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Captainmarino said:

24h of bonus on YoYo!

Lets go! 

Everyone, drop the bunkers! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Lets go! 

Everyone, drop the bunkers! 

Dropped! On a related note, do you know what's going on with these? I don't have anything waiting in my transfers (including all the other YoYo items that were uploaded).

Just now, Captainmarino said:

Dropped! On a related note, do you know what's going on with these? I don't have anything waiting in my transfers (including all the other YoYo items that were uploaded).

I'm not sure what you mean 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

It seems we forced the czech team to drop early... 

image.png.f48691127fb00d0b76c7a0bda06c8a0e.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm a nitwit and forgot to post the screenshot. SMH. These are in my tasks tab.

image.png.c39aa1794fb6a7caec77f55f7722ca6b.png

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I think the yoyo server is struggling right now, the hourly update was too little for everyone and I have lots of stuff stuck on Ready to report

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I think the yoyo server is struggling right now, the hourly update was too little for everyone and I have lots of stuff stuck on Ready to report

Ok. Just thought it was weird that they were ready to report in the tasks tab but not showing up at all in the transfers tab. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

YoYo be like 

image.jpeg.9e60e91f31524cdad90767ac1f0c7a81.jpeg

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

YoYo be like 

image.jpeg.9e60e91f31524cdad90767ac1f0c7a81.jpeg

Three tasks is just too much!

Top 30 Ace Ventura Darts GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

28 minutes ago, Rbakker02 said:

My 2018 macbook pro that can barely run chrome is still thrashing my m1 pro macbook lol, I want a PC 😞

To be fair that's just the project not updating their code and processes for M1 etc. It's a hell of a lot of work so understandable.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

I think the yoyo server is struggling right now, the hourly update was too little for everyone

It's totally crashed now, last hour was 0 for everyone lol

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD