BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

4 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

It's totally crashed now, last hour was 0 for everyone lol

DDOS AF

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

totally crashed now

RIP! Opening the bunkers. Gonna let YO-YO get to em when they get to em’ hopefully they can chug through these in the next 20 hours! 

ps. Anyone else getting a few computation errors on YO-YO? Maybe 1/20 of mine error out? Possibly a hardware stability issue on my desktop because the server is doing fine. 

Check Out My F@H Stats HERE

Check Out My BOINC Stats HERE

1 minute ago, etv24 said:

RIP! Opening the bunkers. Gonna let YO-YO get to em when they get to em’ hopefully they can chug through these in the next 20 hours! 

ps. Anyone else getting a few computation errors on YO-YO? Maybe 1/20 of mine error out? Possibly a hardware stability issue on my desktop because the server is doing fine. 

nothing like DC to test your rigs

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Heard the call from WAN show, offering what little support I have. Unfortunately the "Suspend when computers is in use" settings still doesn't unsuspend when system goes idle so wasted 8~ hours when I went to sleep, so just gonna have to manually pause and unpause again. It was also grabbing everything instead of just ECM but removing and re-adding the project fixed that.

13 minutes ago, etv24 said:

I literally just noticed several comp errors myself.

2 minutes ago, MetaDrow said:

Heard the call from WAN show, offering what little support I have. Unfortunately the "Suspend when computers is in use" settings still doesn't unsuspend when system goes idle so wasted 8~ hours when I went to sleep, so just gonna have to manually pause and unpause again. It was also grabbing everything instead of just ECM but removing and re-adding the project fixed that.

Thanks for joining! We can use every cycle we can get! 

3 minutes ago, Captainmarino said:

literally just noticed several comp errors myself

I think I was just driving my system too hard. Suspect the door to my office is closed, and I’m working over team-viewer right now. I stopped the GPU for now until I’m back home and can get a fan on it. Was getting 90C on my CPU. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e3808bbdf9478318eb61dc9400b823dc.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Captainmarino said:

I literally just noticed several comp errors myself.

40 minutes ago, etv24 said:

So far I have 128 successful, 11 failed on a stable laptop (not overclocked or undervolted).

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

Anyone not able to upload yoyo@home work units because "project is temporary shut down for maintenance"?

2 minutes ago, AamirA said:

Anyone not able to upload yoyo@home work units because "project is temporary shut down for maintenance"?

yes, we killed the project

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I can't sleep due to pain, how fun... and the stats are still boring lmfao

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

image.thumb.png.da117078be441e856afb4885952198e3.pngI'm trying to make this all work followed the guide and my 3950X has received and done no work.

After a day of braking concrete with a jack hammer and hand bombing out it of my basement window... I don't think I have the energy to tackle all this stuff I've never attempted before. 😞

56 minutes ago, HELL4GAMERS said:

image.thumb.png.da117078be441e856afb4885952198e3.pngI'm trying to make this all work followed the guide and my 3950X has received and done no work.

After a day of braking concrete with a jack hammer and hand bombing out it of my basement window... I don't think I have the energy to tackle all this stuff I've never attempted before. 😞

You're using the wrong project you've got to use either SRBase - all subprojects except TF or PrimeGrid - AP27 and you are following the 2014 year setup you should use the 2023 setup  

guys, just fair warning I have lots of work to do today so won't be as active... yes I know how sad this is, but I'm sure you will survive

keep helping each other, if you want to go the extra mile share the event on an SU or over on the discord.

happy crunching,

spec

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

If anyone is getting problems reporting tasks and the log says '[error] No close tag in scheduler reply' please let me know, it will not clear by itself. I'll help you resolve it, hopefully without losing completed tasks. If you only have a couple completed tasks then just detach the yoyo project and re-add it, they'll be lost but it'll get it reporting again.

We've dropped down to 7th now in Obstacle Run (Yoyo), GPU users group released bunkers worth ~2-2.5 million

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

4 minutes ago, rkv_2401 said:

We've dropped down to 7th now in Obstacle Run, GPU users group released bunkers worth ~2-2.5 million

We just can't compete on raw CPU, I'm blaming @leadeater. Anyway, let's hope the folding team comes through and we can throw our weight around 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 hours ago, AvengerDragon said:

I have an M1 MacBook air, M1 MacBook Pro [with Amphetamine, so they'll keep running]

Lemme know how the mba fares, I wanna see if it's worth it to run on my machine as well

I just heard about the competition on the WAN Show. I've already installed BOINC on some machines, how do you get the badges?

Once you reach the criteria, you can request it at the request thread

Also, which project(s) should we be working on?

That'll be in the OP of this thread

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

right can I get a tally? who is doing what?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have been doing SRBase to get a number down since it's based on third best, and the tasks are small so my laptop can handle them okay.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm just gonna run Yoyo throughout

First time doing this. Got a question. I seem to have done some WU's already but i cant find myself in LinusTechTips_Team. How long does it take for me to show up?

Btw just disabeld M Queens. Ig those WU aren't counting for this Obstacle Run?Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.4d73057791eead9f36641f8f08049812.PNG

Guys, we are doing great, it's a bonus day on the Obstacle Run yoyo@home: only subprojects ECM, ECM P2

So throw everything you got at it, if you have any WUs in waiting, drop those beauties bombardiers 

Let's see what we can do today!

Reminder the first GPU project is coming up, PrimeGrid so be ready to fire up those FPUs and let's see what we can do 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I've set up Yoyo and, while not much, I'm doing *something* 😅 I don't know if there is any point for me to do the SRBase

I've also set up PrimeGrid to use the GPU but if I understand everything correctly it is pointless to run it before 08.05.2023, correct? (I'm new to the whole BOINC thing)

4 minutes ago, Kanapka z Pasztetem said:

I've set up Yoyo and, while not much, I'm doing *something* 😅 I don't know if there is any point for me to do the SRBase

I've also set up PrimeGrid to use the GPU but if I understand everything correctly it is pointless to run it before 08.05.2023, correct? (I'm new to the whole BOINC thing)

Correct, although I don't know the quorum(if it is two, rather than one the points are only rewarded when a sister WU is submitted by someone else, so there is some kind of potential inadvertent bunkering by doing that) on that so there may be some reason to do it, anyone know? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240