God damn it The urge

chimmychunger

Ok so 4 months ago i built my very first pc (780, i7 3770k, 16gb ram etc) and i love it but i am feeling the urge to build another one with newer parts and a new case. WHY???

is it just an urge to build

do you guys get it

A urge to have things you want but do not need. 

Restrain yourself. Money is easy to spend and hard to make. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Playing with hardware is fun but I don't get the itch anymore cuz I know I don't have the money to build and build and build. I would love to do builds for some sort of mom n pop store but I don't have the education or training they may want to see on a resume.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

addiction, MyInnerFred is right

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

Mhmm

I want to keep building and adding on. I don't want to just build one build and not touch it for a couple years.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

eh no not really, after building my "second" (not really) PC I kinda got bored of building and tinkering with them. It's really not that fun anymore, for me at least.

I still like the PC scene, I just don't mess with my internals too much anymore.

Blame linus. :mellow:

Ninja whispers death into his opponents ears :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Yeah I always want to build one. Right now I only have a laptop since I need that for school (it is a beast one so at least that's that). Although I could save up for a budget-y gaming pc, I really cannot justify that expense to myself.

I know, people here will be like "what you have a MacBook Pro, such a stupid purchase" but I disagree. For what I do, it may just be the best solution there is (sure, it is expensive and I really do not need 1TB of SSD that writes and reads at 1GB per sec.)

And I can play all the games I play, even new ones very satisfactorily on this ULTRABOOK.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Yes. I want to build in the H440 ._.

hellooooooooo

e peen

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

You may wish to attend PC Buildaholics Anonymous @chimmychunger. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You may wish to attend PC Buildaholics Anonymous. :P

i need to go to that i think i have four builds right now in my head that i want to do and anytime linus reviews something im like hmmmm the builds i could make with that case or mother broad 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

You may wish to attend PC Buildaholics Anonymous. :P

Just 12 steps and the Lord Almighty Linus Sebastian will save you from the evils of PC building brought upon us by the traitor himself: Slick.

No offense to Slick. I just couldn't come up with another name.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ok so 4 months ago i built my very first pc (780, i7 3770k, 16gb ram etc) and i love it but i am feeling the urge to build another one with newer parts and a new case. WHY???

do you guys get it

i got it... i kinda indulged it by helping a friend build his pc. i still get it now and again seeing all these new things coming out. i find i get some satisfaction sharing my ideas with others and helping others with their builds

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

New tech is nice, but I'm not the type to care for drooling over a new component I don't need. In fact, it actually bothers me when people, especially for the <18 year olds on LTT who have their rigs funded by parents, have beast rigs suitable for proper rendering and all they use it for is a glorified internet machine/playing games on steam. Way to waste a computers potential. You're like that guy who spends the extra couple of grand on a track package for a car and never even race the thing, you're a tool, not an enthusiast. :T

do you guys get it

EXACTLY the same urge I get.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I just buy a new case instead. @SAV1OUR would know lol

true that thankfully though i already have $400 saved up of the needed $600 or so so build log soon :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

A urge to have things you want but do not need.

Restrain yourself. Money is easy to spend and hard to make.

So so true.

I thought you were talkinga bout him and i thought u were a fan of regular show buuuuut turned out not to be the case :/

Trashboat91.JPG