Should I buy the MSI z690 ACE and return my z790 Tomahawk?

Rn i have a working build with a 13700k, z790 Tomahawk, 32gb DDR5 ram and 4080 super. I saw the price come down to 210 and i love the look and size of this board compared to my Tomahawk. Its a jump down to z690 from z790 afaik im not losing anything, it has bios flashback so i am good on that and pcie5. I would be saving 20-30 after tax compared to my tomahawk. Those who know more if i buy this am I making a stupid decision? I dont see my self upgrading for years.

The z690 has better VRM (19 + 1 + 2 vs 16 + 1 + 1), but i don't think it makes a difference at this point anyway. If you want to bother with returning the motherboard, then I'd say go for it, because you are saving money, and getting a better mobo

3 minutes ago, MiszS said:

The z690 has better VRM (19 + 1 + 2 vs 16 + 1 + 1), but i don't think it makes a difference at this point anyway. If you want to bother with returning the motherboard, then I'd say go for it, because you are saving money, and getting a better mobo

That board costs like 500 new in its day ive never owned a high end board and z790 doesnt offer much over 600 so I agree! It just looks so nice but i havent looked at high end strix board either so may do that. I was told to avoid strix

Just now, vortexx21 said:

That board costs like 500 new in its day ive never owned a high end board and z790 doesnt offer much over 600 so I agree! It just looks so nice but i havent looked at high end strix board either so may do that. I was told to avoid strix

Yeah those are ASUS boards, so I'd avoid them

From personal experience, if you're looking at any possible RMA, troubleshooting, or warranty issues; avoid MSI at all costs, as they're only slightly better than ASUS.  "Check cables, CMOS, pay to send it to us, pay the cost of a new MoBo to get it back unrepared" type of shit.

If you have a working MoBo that does what you need, hold onto it, and avoid both MSI and ASUS like the plague.  From what you've said, it doesn't seem like an upgrade would do anything more for you than create extra time messing with your build anyway.  Enjoy what you have, and upgrade once AM6 or w/e comes out.