Why is my search bar not working? Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Thomas4,

That's what I would do, there are other ways but a re-installation is the quickest and easiest, just be sure to back anything you've saved that you don't have saved somewhere else.

You'll need to use the command line if you can't open the file manager from the start menu.

Did you "debloat" your windows? or used any scripts that claims to do so?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Can you describe it a bit? Why are you right clicking and pressing search rather than just clicking start and starting to type?

Just now, Levent said:

Did you "debloat" your windows? or used any scripts that claims to do so?

I recently used Norton utilities that clean my pc

Just now, whispous said:

Can you describe it a bit? Why are you right clicking and pressing search rather than just clicking start and starting to type?

It just closes by itself

23 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

How to Fix Windows 10 Search Problems

1.    Check your internet connection. If you aren't connected to the internet, Windows 10 search won't work. Before you try anything more serious, make sure your network is functioning properly.

2.   Restart your Windows 10 device. It's basic advice, but there's a reason it's the first port of call for most Windows errors—reboots often work wonders. If you haven't tried restarting your device, do so now, as a simple reboot of the system flushes memory and disk-cache glitches that adversely affect system performance. It's better to perform a restart than shut down too, as shutdowns occasionally send your Windows 10 PC into hibernation mode.

3.    Turn Cortana off and on again. Since Cortana is so entwined with Windows 10's search function, turning it off and on again sometimes corrects Windows 10’s file-search problems.

4.    Verify the Search service is running. It's possible the Windows Search service itself has been disabled for some reason.

Press Win+R to open the Run window, then type “Services.msc” and press Enter.

When the Services window appears, scroll down the list of services to find Windows Search. If it's already running, right-click it or tap and hold, then select Restart. Alternatively, if it's disabled or has a blank Status, right-click or tap and hold, then select Start.

5.    Rebuild the Windows 10 search indexing options. It may be that Windows 10 has forgotten where certain files and folders are. To help it remember, and rebuild its indexing options. Start by opening the Control Panel in Windows 10.

Select Indexing Options from the main menu icons, and then click Advanced. In the Advanced options, Click Rebuild.

I tried it all the same issue. Should I reinstall Windows?

That's what I would do, there are other ways but a re-installation is the quickest and easiest, just be sure to back anything you've saved that you don't have saved somewhere else.

You'll need to use the command line if you can't open the file manager from the start menu.

Just now, Thomas4 said:

I tried any solution but they all did not work. I will do it once I backup files.