Tommy Hilfiger are Filthy Scammers

AlexTheGreatish

On all the links I clicked that keyboard was like 100-150 dollars. And the little note said they got it for 45 USD and it wasn't a Black Friday sale. I'm highly doubting that statement right now. I'd say 50-75% off counts as a pretty mega sale.

Yeah, when I started the video and saw what the mouse looked like, I was certain I'd find it on Alibaba. And I did, on the very first page when I looked for certain keywords like " RGB wired adjustable DPI gaming mouse ".

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Onikuma-CW902-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Light_1600587903580.html

It's a $5 mouse with their logo on it. Scam indeed.

I don't even feel like looking up the keyboard, I'm sure I could find it easily as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeah, when I started the video and saw what the mouse looked like, I was certain I'd find it on Alibaba. And I did, on the very first page when I looked for certain keywords like " RGB wired adjustable DPI gaming mouse ".

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Onikuma-CW902-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Light_1600587903580.html

It's a $5 mouse with their logo on it. Scam indeed.

I don't even feel like looking up the keyboard, I'm sure I could find it easily as well.

The best part is that mouse you found has way better sensor specs than the TH one.

Genuinely baffling how bad this stuff is, especially that keyboard. That's beyond cheapskate territory, it feels like they were intentionally trying to make it as bad as possible. Almost art in a way.

This whole concept of fashion companies getting into gaming peripherals is weird in general. Gaming peripherals as a status symbol is obviously a big thing, but, like, if I wanted to show off with a keyboard I'd buy some ridiculous ROG thing with a billion ridiculous features, not this pile of crap.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, Caroline said:

So you call Tommy Hilfiger scammers but recommend a keyboard from NZXT???? a company that does nothing but scam gullible gamers with trash quality products at Gucci prices??? True ROFLMAO moment.

Look, plenty to criticize NZXT for, but a competent mechanical keyboard for $40 is not "Gucci Pricing"

Alex, mah man... I thought you said $50 US! 

No... It's $150. 

Ngl, never heard of this Tommy Hilfiger until now. Thought he was just some sort of influencer. Apparently the brand is something akin to Gucci or Louis Vuitton, which tbf, isn’t much better. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Not a scam just a bad product. I wonder if you can get sued for such claims in clickbait

There are a bunch of misrepresentations or outright lies in the marketing and on the packaging. What's your bar for a scam if not that? Do you consider the "white van speaker scam" to not be a scam?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

ITS REALLY SHAME TO SEE THAT LINUS IS WASTING PAPER AND MORE TREES NEED TO CUT DOWN...

WITH THIS I MEAN THEY COULD HAD USED SIDES OF PAPER TO PRINT TEXT.

MAYBE ITS JUST LAZINESS,BUT I DONT LIKE IT.I MEAN IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO SPEND 5 EXTRA SECONDS TO CHANGE PAPER SIDE IN PRINTER THAT YOU COULD OHTER SIDE FOR PRINTING TEXT IN THERE.

I'm going to need a proof of purchase for that $45 NZXT function keyboard, as far as I can tell that's a straight up lie and I consider it false advertising to get the viewer interested in the product (and NZXT does sponsor LTT sometimes, so that's an obvious conflict of interest). 

And please learn the difference between ghosting and blocking (though admittedly many manufacturers use the wrong terms too, but this is a tech channel, you should call things by the correct names). What you're showing in the video is not ghosting. Also every early USB keyboard (and most budget keyboards these days) only allows to press 6 buttons at once (6 key rollover), because that's the limit of the basic USB HID protocol, any higher and you need a fancier controller and better software support. The keyboards Linus remembers using in the 90s for 2 player 1 keyboard games were most likely PS2 and did not experience that limit.

Hello everyone. Since my headset died a few days ago I've been looking for a replacement, so the headset that was mentioned in this video piqued my interest, because it seemed like amazing value for money for $40.

Sadly as I looked at Amazon it's now 21% off at €86.77 instead of €110, if Linus got it for 40USD (~€37 as of writing this) it would have been more than 50% off. (I'm in Italy - 22% VAT in case that could explain the difference in price).

https://amzn.eu/d/aHppVnx

Is it really that much cheaper in North America and I should look at some alternatives, did they make a mistake with the price, or should I look at other retailers? 

Edit: Apologies, just tried the basic cabled option (with no RGB) and it seems like it's only €70. So $40 seems more reasonable. I realise how ridiculous this will sound, but I'm still not that familiar with Amazon. Sorry

Edited by FD1003

6 hours ago, papajo said:

The fact that the dude you pay as an engineer/computer expert had to google the meaning of omni-directional lol

because "omni-directional speakers" in a headphone pretty meaningless. He had to google to make sure he's not misunderstanding it. 

1 hour ago, FD1003 said:

Hello everyone. Since my headset died a few days ago I've been looking for a replacement, so the headset that was mentioned in this video piqued my interest, because it seemed like amazing value for money for $40.

Sadly as I looked at Amazon it's now 21% off at €86.77 instead of €110, if Linus got it for 40USD (~€37 as of writing this) it would have been more than 50% off. (I'm in Italy - 22% VAT in case that could explain the difference in price).

https://amzn.eu/d/aHppVnx

Is it really that much cheaper in North America and I should look at some alternatives, did they make a mistake with the price, or should I look at other retailers? 

Edit: Apologies, just tried the basic cabled option (with no RGB) and it seems like it's only €70. So $40 seems more reasonable. I realise how ridiculous this will sound, but I'm still not that familiar with Amazon. Sorry

I recommend posting a thread into the Audio section for some help. They'll point you in the right direction.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

the mouse seemed "fine" if for very cheap, if fixing some of the issues and hope there is not included spyware/malware...

*looks at razor, and other brands*

2 hours ago, Alvin853 said:

I'm going to need a proof of purchase for that $45 NZXT function keyboard, as far as I can tell that's a straight up lie and I consider it false advertising to get the viewer interested in the product (and NZXT does sponsor LTT sometimes, so that's an obvious conflict of interest). 

And please learn the difference between ghosting and blocking (though admittedly many manufacturers use the wrong terms too, but this is a tech channel, you should call things by the correct names). What you're showing in the video is not ghosting. Also every early USB keyboard (and most budget keyboards these days) only allows to press 6 buttons at once (6 key rollover), because that's the limit of the basic USB HID protocol, any higher and you need a fancier controller and better software support. The keyboards Linus remembers using in the 90s for 2 player 1 keyboard games were most likely PS2 and did not experience that limit.

There isn't a proof of purchase since they just reused the one they got from the unpopular sponsored ShortCircuit video that Alex and Linus probably are unaware of.

One of the whole reasons why there's stuff where Linus and most of the writing team are kept away from knowing about sponsors and what not is to prevent the conflict of interest aspect.

Tried to see it for myself. They took the listing already down.
Looks like they they saw the videos lol

Like you people spent so many posts dissing this set and you dont realize that this is just a normal PC product nowadays it is just on the other end of the spectrum.

In other words EVERYTHING pc related is WAY WAYWAY more overpriced than its actual value.. 

E.g the very keyboard shown as a comparison product in this video so NZXT function costs 120 to 150 euro (with that money once upon a time not so long ago one could built an entry level PC a small slow cheap tiny pcb -which is resin with cheap thin metal sheets in it basically - and a small cheap arm chip called raspberry pi can cost that much if it comes with a cheap plastic enclosure and some cables and a tiny fan lol) 

And it FLEXES you pay 150 euro for a damn keyboard and its full plastic  with glued on PCB cable and rattling buttons like a toy lol

150 euro should (and again was not much long ago) the price for the best world class high end quality keyboard!!

Oh and do I need to mention the post "shortage" (Which was a scam and didnt exist but even if it did we are past that), post mining, gaming GPU flagship selling for 2K+ (the price for the 100th time not that long ago for a top of the line complete mean gaming desktop probably WITH monitor speakers keyboard and mouse but even more recently at least just the desktop!) 

What I try to say in case you still can not catch my drift is that this tommy hifinger set isnt scamming you that much more compared to everyone else instead of dissing them who are not even in the"game"/market and not responsible for the decadence in our community you should diss people like Nvidia Intel asus apple samsung etc etc etc 

Those are the culprits! not tommy hifinger. 

TH is more like "look at how badly they milk those gullible PC gamers let us get a piece of that pie too before they wake up and the market nomalizes again" 

9 hours ago, imluiginumone said:

On all the links I clicked that keyboard was like 100-150 dollars. And the little note said they got it for 45 USD and it wasn't a Black Friday sale. I'm highly doubting that statement right now. I'd say 50-75% off counts as a pretty mega sale.

But why that awful keyboard will fail against anything. everything in that package is slap logo on 10$ oem stuff and sell it for 150 stuff. My current setup cost 143$ currently can beat the crap out of that bundle so faking the prize  is totally pointless. and the NZXT Function itself only cost 70$ currently on amazon https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Function-Mechanical-Keyboard-KB-1FSUS-WR/dp/B09R8RRRYH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3E97W8AWAQWP2&keywords=Nzxt+Keyboard&qid=1674201487&sprefix=nzxt+keyboa%2Caps%2C372&sr=8-3

8 hours ago, Error 52 said:

Almost art in a way.

Always possible. TH clothes have been around a long time and to me there was always an air of "let's see how badly I can rip people off" vibe to their stuff.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

ROTFLMAO The day some upmarket brand puts their name on the LTT backpack and sells it FOR LESS, because they sure as hell will find some Asian manufacturer ready to make a clone for not even half the price. Same with the screwdriver,

28 minutes ago, Luscious said:

their name on the LTT backpack and sells it FOR LESS

I am pretty sure you can already do that if you search on AliExpress probably they get them from the same place lol 

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Always possible. TH clothes have been around a long time and to me there was always an air of "let's see how badly I can rip people off" vibe to their stuff.

That's the fashion industry in general though I mean which big fashion brand offers bang for buck products? and women are mostly to blame for that.

The scary thing is that the computer market goes  towards the same direction lol and children with daddy's cc (and big shill YouTubers who influence them)  are mostly to blame for that. 

11 minutes ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

Practical meaning of technical terms differs per field, so that's entirely normal.

Also, what kind of engineer is he? Would you go up to aguy who builds bridges and complain to him he doesn't know what "phase" means?

To me, how the speaker operates isn't really "part" of the computer. "if you're so good at computers, why don't you know how a desk is built?".

image.thumb.png.672b4e355debe7936c80148922e51bac.pngimage.png.4dd7eacc41c08af8a21081b390bf3c9e.png

@AlexTheGreatish

The NZXT Function is listed everywhere starting at $80 (full size) the mini-TKL is starting at $60. I don't see how someone would achieve $45 without a "mega black friday sale or anything like that" (Linus Sebastian @ 14:15) and there is no indication with the PCpartpicker price history feature the price has ever gotten so low.

The same is true for the Steelseries Arctic Nova 3, which is anywhere from $70 to $100 but not nearly at $40.

And you even have referral links below the video, leading to offers which are twice the price you claim in the video.

The grand total today for these three items would be around $180 to $200 and not the $115 shown in the video. This feels dishonest and I think you should revise how you display the price of products featured in your videos.

16 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

I think I own those headphones, but in blue! I got them YEARS ago for less then $15 USD off of amazon. They couldn't even be bothered to partner with a reputable company like Logitech or corsair, at least they have semi-good support teams and actually know what they're doing...

Edit: I WAS RIGHT IT LITERALLY IS THE SAME HEADSET

Generic blue headphones:

image.png.875630af5170ef3b8991b551f625b37f.png

One's being sold by Tommy Hilfiger:

image.png.a8e65a27bcecf9bff8f642fa5bf48422.png

It's literally not the same headset. Do they look similar? Sure, but there are still some real differences. Main look at the area around where the cushion for the head starts.

Turds generally look similar, but they are all slightly different, just like these shitty headphones.

17 hours ago, Middcore said:

The people who would buy this won't realize or care how bad the quality is, and the people who do understand and care about quality in PC peripherals would never buy this.

Disagree, this is next level trash and people will notice it.

Had they rebranded some cheap mechanical keyboard etc, people would have fallen for it for sure. But this level of junk, is worse than what they use in the office. Meaning they will know it's bad, or maybe mediocre at best.

They should have went a step up from the average cheap logitech sets they use in offices, at least then people would have considered it premium.

5 hours ago, Luscious said:

ROTFLMAO The day some upmarket brand puts their name on the LTT backpack and sells it FOR LESS, because they sure as hell will find some Asian manufacturer ready to make a clone for not even half the price. Same with the screwdriver,

I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out with a similar design, but I doubt the manufacturer of their bag would be stupid enough to release it while they still have a contract going. Yes China doesn't give a shit about laws, but ending their deal with LTT because they want to sell it themselves, would be pretty damn stupid.

Screwdriver won't happen, not only is a lot done in Canada (enough even for 'made in Canada' label) and not in China, but it's far more complex to replicate. Also the bitholder system is not even LTT's, it is modified for LTT, but not their product.

4 hours ago, papajo said:

I am pretty sure you can already do that if you search on AliExpress probably they get them from the same place lol 

Look for it?

Btw the main difference between the backpack and this set, is that besides that the backpack is I believe like 175 to produce, and thus the margins are much slimmer, but it's also about quality.

I think if Tommy Hilfiger had asked say 250 (or even 350) for a set, but had instead offered quality products with their branding on it, people wouldn't be upset. Sure you still pay a large amount for the branding, but at least you get some quality stuff.

Everyone knows that when a designer brand or whatever, releases products like that, you are paying a premium, but it has to be at least good stuff.