Tommy Hilfiger are Filthy Scammers

AlexTheGreatish
25 minutes ago, manikyath said:

because apparently the trainwreck is still going, i'll add some fuel onto a different fire to hopefully get back to something actually related to the video.

i was sure i had some tommy hilfiger clothing in the clouset somewhere... so i went to look for it.

based on the fact the prints on their shirts fade extremely quickly... i expect the logo printed on the mouse to fade extremely quickly as well.

I wonder if there's a direct correlation there or if there's actually better quality paint on the mouse than the screen print on their shirts. 

Long term test?

A for effort?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

I wonder if there's a direct correlation there or if there's actually better quality paint on the mouse than the screen print on their shirts. 

Long term test?

A for effort?

clothing is their main business, if they cant be arsed for their main business, i have the distinct feeling they cant be arsed for a side gig.

if that logo print is somehow very durable, it is entirely by accident.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

clothing is their main business, if they cant be arsed for their main business, i have the distinct feeling they cant be arsed for a side gig.

if that logo print is somehow very durable, it is entirely by accident.

I never owned any of their clothes. Besides the bad print quality, are their clothes bad quality in general? To me they seem like one of the "polo shirt" companies that make very over priced uncomfortable clothes because people want the name and they can get away with it.

Wouldn't be the first time a company made a mistake like that. Could have happened into a supplier that happens to do well with their print quality.

I doubt it though.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Besides the bad print quality, are their clothes bad quality in general?

to be honest, the majority of name brand clothes are extremely poor print quality. the shirts themselves are decent i suppose, but 'decent fabric' isnt anywhere near the hardest part of making a good shirt. sometimes i do pick up a shirt and think "what orc did they model this on" but the fabric quality itself has never really bothered me.

that said.. the shirt i'm currently wearing is from some random no-name brand, and it's notably more comfortable than some of the name-brand shirts.

i cant find the exact shirt right now, but i have a shirt from another brand where the white backing color of the print is leeching out like a few mm in some places. just gauging by linus obsessing over print quality on the WAN show, i've already got more trust in the print quality of LTT merch than i have in any 'name-brand' clothing.

in fact.. i'd rely on those 'print your company logo on a shirt, usb stick, or this calculator' companies to do a better job of printing than most name-brand clothing companies... 

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

to be honest, the majority of name brand clothes are extremely poor print quality. the shirts themselves are decent i suppose, but 'decent fabric' isnt anywhere near the hardest part of making a good shirt. sometimes i do pick up a shirt and think "what orc did they model this on" but the fabric quality itself has never really bothered me.

that said.. the shirt i'm currently wearing is from some random no-name brand, and it's notably more comfortable than some of the name-brand shirts.

i cant find the exact shirt right now, but i have a shirt from another brand where the white backing color of the print is leeching out like a few mm in some places. just gauging by linus obsessing over print quality on the WAN show, i've already got more trust in the print quality of LTT merch than i have in any 'name-brand' clothing.

in fact.. i'd rely on those 'print your company logo on a shirt, usb stick, or this calculator' companies to do a better job of printing than most name-brand clothing companies... 

Years ago. Half the sub was not born yet/ or said year.

their clothes quality was not bad. but now? awful.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

10 hours ago, papajo said:

Well first of all many cars DO get made in the SAME assembly line with the SAME materials and then get a different badge I dont know about KIA and BMW (probably not but since KIA is in the Damler group there is a high chance that an SUV from an other brand is the same the as the KIA one)

I know for sure that these two are the made in the same factory (107 c1)

C1 and 107 Twins | The Citroën C1 and the Peugeot 107 are tw… | Flickr

Or these two 
image.png.506a1f412b25b0e9786ca2e6cf6dd1c6.png

And obviously backpacks are far more centralized (at least the mass produced ones) than cars lol 

Also I already said 

And even if they are not made from the same factory as the ali one I showcased doesnt matter as far what point since the begining

which is 

And no matter how many times you gonna ignore what I already said long ago it wont go away. 

I'm not ignoring what you said, which is: "I am pretty sure you can already do that if you search on AliExpress probably they get them from the same place lol"

So far you've kept arguing about random backpacks how they are similar in shape, and how the handle looks the same... yes because they are both backpacks, you are making completely ridiculous arguments.

Comparing a Peugeot and Citroën, which are owned by the same company, is not a valid counter argument, because that is just some styling and badging. You are just comparing 2 different products, different materials, different designs etc.

Also sharing the same platform, does not mean the car is the same, technology, engine, springs, materials, weight, luxeries etc etc can all still be very different

My car was new around 85k (I bought it at 13 years old), even though the almost same car could be bought for like 30k. Sure it didn't have a straight 6, less horsepower, less options, not a metal folding roof etc, but sure it was still mostly the same car.

If you can't understand that difference, you really need to start asking yourself, whether you are wrong, or the whole world around you is wrong. Hint: it's 100% you.

14 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Long term test?

A for effort?

Yeah, I really wonder how they applied it, I sincerely doubt they went the in-mould decal route, that'd cost money!

On 1/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, papajo said:

utter complete nonsense

R.I.P Papajo

22nd Dec 2013 - 20th Jan 2023.

He will not be missed.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:20 AM, xnamkcor said:

Also, what kind of engineer is he? Would you go up to aguy who builds bridges and complain to him he doesn't know what "phase" means?

To me, how the speaker operates isn't really "part" of the computer. "if you're so good at computers, why don't you know how a desk is built?".

I believe Alex didn't become an engineer but I think he had done mechanical engineering in university since Linus has talked about how Alex's work on dune buggys was a draw.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, chocolatekarma said:

How on earth does a thread about a crappy peripheral set turn into one about backpacks and screwdrivers?

Because, for some reason, Linus' "fans" hate him.  If they hate him so much, I'm not sure why they follow all of his threads so heavily, and watch all of his videos.

Here, Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch.  They all hate him, and I'm not sure why.

12 hours ago, AudacityTheEditor said:

Because, for some reason, Linus' "fans" hate him.

Spoiler

be it the "critics" or "hate", most people are likely going to get some of that. people (like fans) being stuck or what they expect, or when things just change for any reason. To the people that define the "golden age" for any of them, be it the creators or the fans. Somethings they want to keep the same or whatever reasons they might have.

As with a game in EA (early access), people want to push it towards their idea/thought of what all this is, or feel like they can still change something about it.

Which often for some EA's will put a lot of pressure on them, if taken to heart, or a massive change of tone between players/fans when it releases.

Communication between the fans and the creators, like LTT and youtube, idols, etc, and see other youtubers that can deal with some of the same issues.

a little rant

The mouse is literally this redgear mouse, the button placement, the mouse holes mesh, everything is same. Pretty sure the A15 driver from redgears website will definitely control the mouse. Also, with the driver, the mouse goes upto 6400 DPI

https://www.amazon.in/Redgear-Gaming-Semi-Honeycomb-Windows-Gamers/dp/B08CHZ3ZQ7/ref=asc_df_B08CHZ3ZQ7/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=397009896952&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5741084766950694762&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9302456&hvtargid=pla-934435513160&ext_vrnc=hi&th=1

On 1/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, papajo said:

Its close to $100 cheaper

Again, not once you factor in shipping and import taxes. 

and is better in every way from functionality

That's simply highly subjective to begin with. Not to mention that you have no clue how the material quality and general production quality of the products you order from aliexpress. So let me again restate, you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Put differently, you are putting your heels in the sand and moving the goalpost so much that we are not even near the playing field anymore. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

On 1/25/2023 at 9:10 AM, creesch said:

That's simply highly subjective to begin with. Not to mention that you have no clue how the material quality and general production quality of the products you order from aliexpress. So let me again restate, you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Put differently, you are putting your heels in the sand and moving the goalpost so much that we are not even near the playing field anymore. 

This is rapidly approaching spaceballs "comb the desert" levels of ridiculousness.

Man, I haven't laughed in a forum this hard in a LONG time!  I read from start to finish & was amazed @ how long it took for the troll to get banned, or wtvr happened. 🤣

I came to this thread initially because of the same issue several others have noticed: Can't find the NZXT Keyboard featured in the vid for ANYwhere close to that price, but would LOVE the upgrade.  I'm still using the one I got back in 2010 for my first gaming rig & the bumps on the 'F' & 'J' keys are QUITE hard to feel, lol!  I spent more time shopping for that keyboard, among the plethora of available models @ the time, than I did for the rest of the rig's pieces COMBINED!!  Still an ok keyboard, but kinda hard to type on these days.  I definitely like low-profile keys, but wanna try something more mechanical for my gaming rig(which is SOOOOOoooo overdue for many upgrades!  It's still rocking 2x Radeon HD 6770s in crossfire w/ each other! 🙄).

For those wondering, family life has all but decimated gaming life.  I mostly game on my laptop & phone here & there anymore. -sigh-   I've had a new PSU(*SeaSonic I think*) in its delivered box for over a year.  It calls to me for installation.

Thanks so *much* *everyone*, including the one whom I guess is now 'gone', for a hilarious read!! ^_^

Srsly, if anyone finds that keyboard, or one of similar quality, for less than ~$60, I sure hope to hear about it!! 😄

Edited by Mr.Nelf
*fix caps use, missing words, & PSU brand)*

On 1/28/2023 at 7:17 AM, Mr.Nelf said:

Man, I haven't laughed in a forum this hard in a LONG time!  I read from start to finish & was amazed @ how long it took for the troll to get banned, or wtvr happened. 🤣

I came to this thread initially because of the same issue several others have noticed: Can't find the NZXT Keyboard featured in the vid for ANYwhere close to that price, but would LOVE the upgrade.  I'm still using the one I got back in 2010 for my first gaming rig & the bumps on the 'F' & 'J' keys are QUITE hard to feel, lol!  I spent more time shopping for that keyboard, among the plethora of available models @ the time, than I did for the rest of the rig's pieces COMBINED!!  Still an ok keyboard, but kinda hard to type on these days.  I definitely like low-profile keys, but wanna try something more mechanical for my gaming rig(which is SOOOOOoooo overdue for many upgrades!  It's still rocking 2x Radeon HD 6770s in crossfire w/ each other! 🙄).

For those wondering, family life has all but decimated gaming life.  I mostly game on my laptop & phone here & there anymore. -sigh-   I've had a new PSU(silverstone? can't even remember now) in its delivered box for over a year.  It calls to me for installation.

Thanks so Everyone, including the one whom I guess is now 'gone', for a hilarious read!! ^_^

Srsly, if anyone finds that keyboard, or one of similar quality, for less than ~$60, I sure hope to hear about it!! 😄

There is lot of keyboards for 60$ that nzxt keyboard was never sold for that prize So I recommend you Logitch G413 SE it isnt a gaming keyboard dont have any gaming features but it is a good keyboard and it is very similer to that NZXT keyboard  and it is 60$ Or this Mechanical keyboard that has all the features like controll softwere, Hotswappable switches, Detachable cable but it has that squished in weird layout 

15 hours ago, Gokul_P said:

...I recommend you Logitch G413 SE it isnt a gaming keyboard dont have any gaming features but it is a good keyboard and it is very similer to that NZXT keyboard  and it is 60$ Or this Mechanical keyboard ... but it has that squished in weird layout 

Thanks @Gokul_P! 😁  I sure appreciate the response!  Unfortunately, according to recent reviews, it looks like Logitech started using cheap/craptastic keycaps with that board.  The black on them's just a cheap paint that wears off relatively quickly now, I guess.  & like you said, the other has that weird layout(not really interested in such a peculiar layout🙃).  Definitely doing a lot of searching/researching now, though!   Ugh, it's a lot like last time.  SO many options.  Last time, though, I was using Newegg & wasn't getting nearly the amount of non-keyboard BS that Amazon's filters are pathetically powerless to exclude.  I don't use Newegg anymore since their platform went to total 💩!  Honestly though, Amazon seems it's getting almost as stupid.  There just seems to be a point at which the company gets too danged big for their own good & their priorities change to the point their greatness degrades into 💩. 😑   So sad to see.  All the greats... starting their descent to crash & burn.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:47 PM, Mr.Nelf said:

For those wondering, family life has all but decimated gaming life.  I mostly game on my laptop & phone here & there anymore. -sigh-   I've had a new PSU(*SeaSonic I think*) in its delivered box for over a year.  It calls to me for installation.

Thanks so *much* *everyone*, including the one whom I guess is now 'gone', for a hilarious read!! ^_^

Unfortunately there was a typo in the video, we actually got it for $80

Fun Fact: this isn't TH's first foray into the gaming space.  

In the early '00s they branded a GameBoy Color and sold it at select retailers.

It's a fairly rare & sought after system these days. 

22 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Unfortunately there was a typo in the video, we actually got it for $80

That makes so much more sense now based on what I've been seeing.  Thx for the headsup, bruh!  LOVE yall's stuff(video's merch, crew, etc... ), Keep it up!!! 😁

6 hours ago, Old_KaBoom said:

Fun Fact: this isn't TH's first foray into the gaming space.  

In the early '00s they branded a GameBoy Color and sold it at select retailers.

It's a fairly rare & sought after system these days. 

If you had told me it was a Pikachu gameboy I'd have also believed you:
Picture 1 of 7
(From: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225376874735)

I'm also surprised Nintendo went along with this entire thing.