Tommy Hilfiger are Filthy Scammers

AlexTheGreatish
20 hours ago, Neroon said:

This is what you wrote.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, papajo said:

yea and besides just finding a nearly identical one (Which could mean the same factory makes them but also could not) I also responded (ironically to you again despite you pretend to have Alzheimers this:

On 1/20/2023 at 4:52 PM, papajo said:

I have better things to do with my life and also I don't need to my point is valid even if there is no EXACT 100% same backpack on aliexpress since we are talking about a BACKPACK there are millions if not billions of places in the world who poses basic skills and tools to create such a simple concept a BACKPACK. its not a satellite lol...

P.S Quality doesnt mean expensive especially when we are talking about simple stuff like backpacks I went to school  almost 30 years ago I had a polo backpack which I paid like 40 euros on it and it wasnt on sale or anything that backpack lived through hell and beyond  and back then we had books lots of them and heavy.. and I bought it from a store in my village so the middle man of the middle man and where I am from there is VAT as well... so you dont need to spend big bucks to have a backpack made out of quality materials 

And this (in the same post) 

No the main difference is that (at least if you are not a child/hardcore ltt fan ) that you knowingly pay an inflated price to get something in order to support your creator (actually typing this made me feel stupid since this belongs to the hardcore fan category either way since linus is a huge money machine and doesnt need such kind of support in the sense that if nobody buys ltt stuff then they wont have money to make more videos its just an additional cashcow but I digress).

While in the Tommy Hifiger case you just pay to get something because you trust the brand or because (and this is something I already touched in my previous post but forgot to elaborate a little further) it is actually not a bad deal to get 3 things for 150 given our horrendous pc market and what it mutates into... like things are so overpriced that I believe the fact that in the video they claimed that they tried to find the other 3 items in sale prices is just an other sad indication of the mysery of the PC market THEY COULDNT ACTUALLY FIND ANYTHING DECENT AT THE SAME PRICE lol..hence they resorted to pretend that "the items may retail for more but deals of them are not hard to catch" and this says a lot about the state of the pc/tech market.

My younger self form 2010 could easily find big brand products that would cost half the price of the HT set but be like 100% better and higher quality (and frankly I still have such stuff working to date) their only "negative" would be that they would not have RGB...

rgb was the first gate of hell, once they realized that if they slap cheap 10 cent RGB leds that people would buy the same stuff but double the price then the downhill towards our current state started and the manufacturer's quest to find more ways (besides RGB) to exploit the kids and the rest of us begun and oh god have they found scams and tricks. 

like ony the nzxt keyboard costs (which as I already said is a bad value for money as everything else in this industry) as much as the entire tommy hifinger set and frankly I really doubt that even if the logitech mouse the steelseries headset and the nzxt keyboard can be found at sale/""""Bargain"""" (the many quotes are deliberate) price that their total price wont be at least $200 

+ you get warranty and availability (thats an other plus compared to buy the same chinese stuff from alibaba good luck to handle an RMA to china for cheap headphones and also the waiting time for delivery is huge.. ) 

And do not get me wrong I am not defending the set it is cheap sh1t what I am saying is that I dont understand all the "pikachu face" in the forum since the same $/value ratio that this set has is more or less the norm nowadays in anything sold in the PC/gamingPC industry (read my previous post for more on what I mean) 

So this is just an other similar value product proposition same sh1t different day(or brand) lol 

It is funny I have to repost something that already exists in this same topic just because of your bias lol go turn a blind eye again it wont disappear scripta manent. 

17 minutes ago, papajo said:

-snip-  

7 minutes ago, papajo said:

-snip-

On 1/21/2023 at 3:52 AM, papajo said:

I have better things to do with my life and also I don't need to my point is valid even if there is no EXACT 100% same backpack on aliexpress since we are talking about a BACKPACK there are millions if not billions of places in the world who poses basic skills and tools to create such a simple concept a BACKPACK. its not a satellite lol...

Please go do whatever those better things are.

Your arguments aren't going to convince anyone here and you also seem to be arguing points no one contests nor raised.

As a person with eyes I do however object to you calling your examples of bags nearly identical. Like every car in the world is "nearly identical', so how about we just move on. You're never going to buy any LTT products and you're also never going to stop someone from buying them either, you actually cannot achieve anything.

17 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Please go do whatever those better things are.

Your arguments aren't going to convince anyone here and you also seem to be arguing points no one contests nor raised.

As a person with eyes I do however object to you calling your examples of bags nearly identical. Like every car in the world is "nearly identical', so how about we just move on. You're never going to buy any LTT products and you're also never going to stop someone from buying them either, you actually cannot achieve anything.

Listen I get that you have to protec the owner but its ridiculous to pretend that you dont see both backpacks have the same formfactor (its not laptop vs ATX or even mini ATX its ATX vs ATX to speak in PC terms) only that the ali one is slightly bigger which makes it slightly better cuz it can hold slightly more stuff (and slightly more expensive cause it needs slightly more materials) and besides the formfactor even the contours are the same (where one has round corners the other one has too etc) 

The handles have the same shape, the functionality/purpose is the same (provision for the same horizontal dimension laptop,"breathable" back to avoid the accumulation of sweat, NFC protective pouch etc) only that the ali one has more features and better materials. 

9 minutes ago, papajo said:

Listen I get that you have to protec the owner but its ridiculous to pretend that you dont see both backpacks have the same formfactor (its not laptop vs ATX or even mini ATX its ATX vs ATX to speak in PC terms) only that the ali one is slightly bigger which makes it slightly better cuz it can hold slightly more stuff (and slightly more expensive cause it needs slightly more materials) and besides the formfactor even the contours are the same (where one has round corners the other one has too etc) 

The handles have the same shape, the functionality/purpose is the same (provision for the same horizontal dimension laptop,"breathable" back to avoid the accumulation of sweat, NFC protective pouch etc) only that the ali one has more features and better materials. 

Wow 2 backpacks with the same formfactor and functionality. Well there you have it everyone, it's the same backpack. In fact every backpack is the same backpack. You get a vendor to claim to have a different backpack, well guess what? They are dirty filthy liars! It's all the same!!!

And yes this applies to other products as well, a BMW X3 is really just a rebranded Kia Sportage. Don't believe me? Here have some evidence!

2018_kia_sportage_sideview.jpg.6ce65f94e3203743b44dda57e73ff668.jpg2021_bmw_x3_sideview.jpg.e4a2d4dbb3d797852f293b3fbe8b6f55.jpg

As you can see they are both same formfactor, both got 2 wheels (some claim there is another set of 2 wheels on the other side - but I'll believe it when I see it), both got a headlight, taillight, mirror and windows. Yet BMW dares to ask almost twice as much for their rebranded shit.

Also I found one of these cars for almost a third of the price of the Kia, so clearly Kia are ripping off people as well, just not as much as BMW.

25 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Wow 2 backpacks with the same formfactor and functionality. Well there you have it everyone, it's the same backpack. In fact every backpack is the same backpack. You get a vendor to claim to have a different backpack, well guess what? They are dirty filthy liars! It's all the same!!!

And yes this applies to other products as well, a BMW X3 is really just a rebranded Kia Sportage. Don't believe me? Here have some evidence!

2018_kia_sportage_sideview.jpg.6ce65f94e3203743b44dda57e73ff668.jpg2021_bmw_x3_sideview.jpg.e4a2d4dbb3d797852f293b3fbe8b6f55.jpg

As you can see they are both same formfactor, both got 2 wheels (some claim there is another set of 2 wheels on the other side - but I'll believe it when I see it), both got a headlight, taillight, mirror and windows. Yet BMW dares to ask almost twice as much for their rebranded shit.

Also I found one of these cars for almost a third of the price of the Kia, so clearly Kia are ripping off people as well, just not as much as BMW.

Well first of all many cars DO get made in the SAME assembly line with the SAME materials and then get a different badge I dont know about KIA and BMW (probably not but since KIA is in the Damler group there is a high chance that an SUV from an other brand is the same the as the KIA one)

I know for sure that these two are the made in the same factory (107 c1)

C1 and 107 Twins | The Citroën C1 and the Peugeot 107 are tw… | Flickr

Or these two 
image.png.506a1f412b25b0e9786ca2e6cf6dd1c6.png

And obviously backpacks are far more centralized (at least the mass produced ones) than cars lol 

Also I already said 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

Which could mean the same factory makes them but also could not

And even if they are not made from the same factory as the ali one I showcased doesnt matter as far what point since the begining

which is 

have better things to do with my life and also I don't need to my point is valid even if there is no EXACT 100% same backpack on aliexpress since we are talking about a BACKPACK there are millions if not billions of places in the world who poses basic skills and tools to create such a simple concept a BACKPACK. its not a satellite lol...

P.S Quality doesnt mean expensive especially when we are talking about simple stuff like backpacks I went to school  almost 30 years ago I had a polo backpack which I paid like 40 euros on it and it wasnt on sale or anything that backpack lived through hell and beyond  and back then we had books lots of them and heavy.. and I bought it from a store in my village so the middle man of the middle man and where I am from there is VAT as well... so you dont need to spend big bucks to have a backpack made out of quality materials 

No the main difference is that (at least if you are not a child/hardcore ltt fan ) that you knowingly pay an inflated price to get something in order to support your creator (actually typing this made me feel stupid since this belongs to the hardcore fan category either way since linus is a huge money machine and doesnt need such kind of support in the sense that if nobody buys ltt stuff then they wont have money to make more videos its just an additional cashcow but I digress).

And no matter how many times you gonna ignore what I already said long ago it wont go away. 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

which marketing pitch is that it is eco friendly but the bottom line is that it is cheap because it is made out of recycled 1use bottles or whatnot aka garbage

That's a lot of opinion for such little knowledge...

Maybe ask a manufacturer why they are not using materials made from garbage to save some money. There must be a reason or anybody would do it, right?

2 hours ago, papajo said:

yea and besides just finding a nearly identical one (Which could mean the same factory makes them but also could not) I also responded (ironically to you again despite you pretend to have Alzheimers this:

And this (in the same post) 

It is funny I have to repost something that already exists in this same topic just because of your bias lol go turn a blind eye again it wont disappear scripta manent. 

I was reading this thread as I often do for video releases, and this series of posts you have made are dumb enough to have inspired me to actually log in and post for the first time in a long time. 
You took a viewpoint that would normally be easy to defend- "Maybe don't spend 250$ on a backpack, and it's kinda crazy there's such a huge market for all these youtubers to huck this merch"
Where you could have chosen some easy vectors

• Youtuber merch is just needless consumerism and bad for the environment
  • Youtubers and streamers prey on the parasocial relationship of viewer to get them to buy shit even when they shouldn't financially
  • Possibly not worth it for anyone to spend that much on a backpack like that regardless of their financial status

And you chose option D

• Take one of the few influencer hucksters that actually make a custom product and say you can find it on Aliex, then when challenged post a completely different product and try to bury your embarrassment by posting a diagram from an instructables guide on how to make a backpack to prove you know how bags work. 

The argument and challenge wasn't other places sell bags. It's that other places sold this bag and you're very desperate to redefine that challenge. 

It's difficult to be so blatantly wrong yet try to move such well defined goal posts but you trucked right on ahead, reducing the collective intelligence of everyone with the privilege of reading this. Your commitment is impressive and your sheer lack of embarrassment is commendable, and as a result my first appointment for stereotactic radiosurgery for the cancer that has spread from my eyes to my brain is next Monday. 

Congratulations.

image.gif.7131299d9540c4c8398d96b66511885f.gif

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

44 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

That's a lot of opinion for such little knowledge...

Maybe ask a manufacturer why they are not using materials made from garbage to save some money. There must be a reason or anybody would do it, right?

Because it is specific garbage (from plastic bottles) its a small time organization its not a "thing" worldwide they just get some profits out of it

Repreve Vs Polyester - Fibre2Fashion

But they do make stuff from garbage all the time world wide it IS a thing all the cheap synthetics especially out of china are made from general plastic garbage.

Look here on how they do it

The bag I found is made out of genuine leather so its surely not that thing. 

1 hour ago, papajo said:

(probably not but since KIA is in the Damler group there is a high chance that an SUV from an other brand is the same the as the KIA one)

Hyundai Motor Company is the parent company of KIA. They nearly share all the same parts and models are pretty similar a couple years ago. Similar models are the Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata etc. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

28 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

The argument and challenge wasn't other places sell bags. It's that other places sold this bag and you're very desperate to redefine that challenge. 

The entire premise is twisted 100 times by now but scrypta mament unless they delete my previous messages 

My entire premise (which was more like a side comment I posted replying to a dude who brought the backpack up I didnt even comment on the backpack before that dude lol I was commenting about the main subject of the video)  was about more or less the points you already mentioned (how it is a waste of money to buy youtube merch and one does this knowingly etc) 

You can go back tab by tab and see that I say the same things in different ways mayhaps but the same opinion unchanged I am not trying desperately to do anything I was the same guy as before saying the same thing as before solid, steady. 

If someone was kinda desperate or at least cheeky it was linus by commenting what he did and which I really didnt get initially (as I mentioned in my reply to him) because a) I just woke up but it was more about b) his argument didnt really relate to my points I mean I never said "I know the factory he paid to make his bags" (btw he did pay a factory and I am pretty sure that factory doesnt make only ltt bags lol)

I mean what are we even discussing here what linus said is stupid if taken literally. 

I mean how to find his backpack in china? He meant that he wanted me to show him an exact identical backpack with the LTT logo on it sold in china? I never claimed that and this would be stupid same for the screwdriver (which I already know he basically got made by changing a few details from an already existing model from a company in canada) 

There is a factory that makes other stuff and other backpacks from which linus made his order that's for sure. 

And also what's for sure is that the same factory (and many others) can make an equally good backpack (and probably do) for much less and I showcased that <--- and this was my point if you go and read all my posts which are posted by me before linus' post) 

All the other stuff after this is just (what I assume being mostly young men who love ltt and I have no issue with that) making Pikachu faces and twisting stuff or saying stuff like satellites are cheaper to design than backpacks etc. 

6 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Hyundai Motor Company is the parent company of KIA. They nearly share all the same parts and models are pretty similar a couple years ago. Similar models are the Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata etc. 

Thank you at least some people are not surprised by how things work in this world. 

3 minutes ago, papajo said:

Thank you at least some people are not surprised by how things work in this world. 

Like I said you've been arguing points nobody has contested nor brought up. It's very well known this is how it works in the vehicle industry and it's wide spread and not new. You aren't enlightening anyone in this topic to something they all already know about.

But you know what isn't this? The LTT backpack. The LTT backpack is not a rebadge of another, it's not a mere cosmetic change to an existing design of a parent company nor a backpack manufacturer. I can state this because the design process has been officially disclosed so unless you can prove counter which would be impossible for you to do so then you can just stop with this nonsense.

Bear this in mind, this is not an invitation for you to post a reply with a bunch of similar stuff as above. I'm not going to be receptive of it, I already know what your opinion is and I don't need to hear it repeated again, neither is your opinion facts about the specific products in this discussion regardless of how much you seem to want them to be.

Please be considerate of everyone else, you're actually making it less likely other people want to participate in this topic about the actual video and topic. You've said your piece, know when to stop.

I wont even go full Sheldon on you because what we are talking about is ridiculous you probably aint an Engineer and I am not sure if you are an adult to begin with I mean what are we discussing here? Backpacks are more expensive/harder to design than satellites? 

I am sorry but there is no rational adult even one without a college education just a random guy from the streets who is going to rationally debate on that premise. 

I'm going to make one educated guess here: you're definitely not an English major. Where did I state it was more expensive?

But let me rehash everything you've stated by now:

• You've linked multiple backpack shaped things, which to great surprise, look similar to a backpack - this is difficult to imagine but apparently, it is so. Sadly none of them are quite the same thing as the product you claimed they've been copying.
  • You compare the complexity of a volume produced product with that of a one-time purpose-built design, failing to understand that what makes each product complex is an entirely different aspect. 
  • Next you show a diagram that shows the rough panelization of a textile product and claim that's all that goes into it. Demonstrating you either have no clue what you're talking about, or grossly misrepresenting the complexity of actual sewing pattern and textile product design.
  • You casually disregard the complexity of designing wearable products, even though this task terrifies many engineers and scientists alike.
  • You've resorted to what's basically name calling and insulting. 
  • You act as if genuine leather is a good thing, while in reality most genuine leather is quite mediocre compared to even low-end synthetic options.
  • Now you've shifted to "yes, but you can buy similar quality products for slightly less if you go directly to the factory", which is pretty much how profit margins work.

Honestly, just stop, this is getting ridiculous. Alternatively, buy a backpack and start your own aliexpress store as multiple people have suggested: https://sell.aliexpress.com/ 

43 minutes ago, papajo said:

I mean how to find his backpack in china? He meant that he wanted me to show him an exact identical backpack with the LTT logo on it sold in china? I never claimed that and this would be stupid same for the screwdriver (which I already know he basically got made by changing a few details from an already existing model from a company in canada) 

A bag remotely similar would have been appropriate, instead you posted a bag that is not even remotely similar just because it was probably a better value. We all know there are many places you can order a product and slap your logo on, we know chinese factories bootleg things a lot, and we all know you can get quality bags cheaper. 

They were open about exactly what they did for the screwdriver, exactly who they licensed the driver from, and exactly what changes they made. 
And of course the factory makes different bags than the LTT bags. Holy shit it's almost like a different bag made for a customer using different material to different quality standards using a different design is a thing that a lot of factories offer, or more accurately it's literally their business model. Your claim was that you probably could already find this bag sans logo, and the counter claim is that they hired a so far honest factory to make custom bags to their specs and it thus far has no copy.

Again you took what I would think is the winning argument here and just dunked on yourself by opening you mouth before googling first. 

43 minutes ago, papajo said:

I never claimed that and this would be stupid same for the screwdriver (which I already know he basically got made by changing a few details from an already existing model from a company in canada) 

but you did

On 1/20/2023 at 3:42 AM, papajo said:

I am pretty sure you can already do that if you search on AliExpress probably they get them from the same place lol 

And it would have been real easy to stay on the defendable side here. Watch.

"oops, I guess not yet since they did actually do a custom product, it might take a little while for a quality bootleg if the demand is there, but I bet one day soon. And it's still a bad value anyway- the entire argument is that a quality bootleg would be very profitable at the prices the real one sells for"

and your point still would have stood with dignity- right or wrong it's a well reasoned argument against a product like this and is the reason that probably like you I just don't buy youtuber merch. But you deflected, then when called on it doubled and tripled down.

He only called you on it because it was so obviously and confidently wrong it was an easy win he could be cheeky as you said and just take an easy W. If you hadn't insisted on that double down, deflection, then light novel about quality pulling doughnuts around the point he probably wouldn't have engaged cause you might have had a good point that would have looked bad to argue with. 

But you responded to a comment from Luscious that made the argument that "this is probably going to be bootlegged at a much lower price" and immediately pushed the yoke in providing an opportunity for some low hanging fruit for him to pull an easy W on and take out some frustration.

That's what's so impressive about it. I wouldn't have bothered logging in just for a bad opinion. You argued an opinion I agreed with so poorly that I felt embarrassed to share the same opinion. When I read "Almost identical" my stomach dropped holy hell man you could have pivoted the argument and saved face. 

No one here seems to think Luscious had a complete braindead take. Wonder why. Cause right or wrong it wasn't.

And I know I sliced and diced your reply to format mine. but I promise I read it all. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Like I said you've been arguing points nobody has contested nor brought up.

Well you dont follow the thread then 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, Luscious said:

ROTFLMAO The day some upmarket brand puts their name on the LTT backpack and sells it FOR LESS, because they sure as hell will find some Asian manufacturer ready to make a clone for not even half the price. Same with the screwdriver,

Followed by me 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:42 AM, papajo said:

I am pretty sure you can already do that if you search on AliExpress probably they get them from the same place lol 

Followed by Neroon quoting me (on the line quoted above) 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, Neroon said:

Look for it?

Btw the main difference between the backpack and this set, is that besides that the backpack is I believe like 175 to produce, and thus the margins are much slimmer, but it's also about quality.

On which I answered 

and also quoting the same post I said 

and then kept on in the same post talking about ontopic stuff (about tommy hifinger and the PC market) 

While also having previous posts on this very topic which were on topic(so about the ltt video), so I wasnt the first to bring this up nor did I stress it, I was just quoted and replied to quotes so your statement "you've been arguing points nobody has contested nor brought up." is totally invalid apparently(apparently judging from the post history) . 

On 1/20/2023 at 7:18 AM, papajo said:

What I try to say in case you still can not catch my drift is that this tommy hifinger set isnt scamming you that much more compared to everyone else instead of dissing them who are not even in the"game"/market and not responsible for the decadence in our community you should diss people like Nvidia Intel asus apple samsung etc etc etc

Your original argument is revolving about who scams who. You initially state that the Tommy Hilfiger gaming set is not more or less a scam than the likes of Nvidia, Intel, Asus, Apple and Samsung (to re-iterate  the brands you named).

Before diving into the whole discussion that got unleashed after that I will discuss why this does, in my opinion, not hold against a thorough review.
Let me begin with acknowledging that a lot of „tech products“ are, in fact, overpriced, GPUs being a very good example for this. However, there is a distinction to be made here between GPUs (or iPhones, CPUs, … for that matter) and the mouse, keyboard and headset sold by Tommy Hilfiger (which I will abbreviate TH from here on); the product quality. While they are overpriced, the former products are of good quality and performance.
This does not hold for the keyboard-mouse-headset combination sold by TH. On the contrary, according to the tests that LTT performed, they are considerably sub-par. If they were of a decent quality and just overpriced things would have looked different. And while I personally don’t think it makes sense to buy grossly overpriced products for the sake of flexing on a brand but if someone wants to do so with their own money that’s not my thing to worry about.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, papajo said:

such a simple concept a BACKPACK

While in the Tommy Hifiger case you just pay to get something because you trust the brand or because (and this is something I already touched in my previous post but forgot to elaborate a little further) it is actually not a bad deal to get 3 things for 150

You continue your argument stating that the concept of a backpack is so simple that it surely cannot be expensive to produce one of good quality. Shortly after that you state that „in the Tommy Hifiger case you just pay to get something because you trust the brand or because […] it is actually not a bad deal to get 3 things for 150“.

Let me begin with the second point. In the case of LTT merchandise I strongly suspect the buyers of such product have a high faith in LTT as a brand. And judging by the reviews and the community discussion that trust is very much justified. You get qualitatively very good products, and that’s the case independently of what you pay for them.
The situation is much different with the TH gaming peripherals. The quality of the products themselves is bad and that’s again independent of the price they are sold at. Selling them at a price of $150 makes this a very bad deal. Looking at your comment that "THEY COULDNT ACTUALLY FIND ANYTHING DECENT AT THE SAME PRICE" for a second. As with a lot of things out there the MSRP is typically not the price you’ll pay in retail. It is more of a marketing strategy to make customers think they’re striking a good deal. Thus, going by a "discounted" price is more than sensible to do.
I took the liberty to browse to the website of my electronics dealer of choice and entered the terms "gaming keyboard", "gaming mouse" and "gaming headset" into the search field. From the results I picked one product from the top three each and ended up with the following assortment, the prices of which I cross-checked on amazon:
Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy, $49.99
Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO, $44.98
Headset: Logitech G432, $35.49
That's just $130.46 and you get way better peripherals. Note that these prices are the ones I found on Logitech’s official amazon store. If you, as you proposed a bit later, wander away from the RGB and gaming-branded products but stay with reputable brands you can still find good peripherals at good prices. For instance a Cherry Stream Keyboard for $25.75 on amazon. In conclusion, with aforementioned setup you get a much better $/value ratio than with the TH one for the same price or less, thereby contradicting your statement from above linked post.

Now to the backpacks. To clear up one thing first: A product’s quality and capabilities are not tied 1:1 to the factory it’s produced in. Let’s employ a new analogy here. You can have one kitchen. However, depending on the quality and variety of your ingredients you can prepare a good, healthy meal or something that’s not very tasty or is tasty but very unhealthy. Same with manufacturing. In one factory you can manufacture cheap, low quality products which look good but will not last long and high-quality products as well. The prices of both products will drastically differ even though they come from the same factory. Several previous users have made this and the following points already so I will only sum them up. The cost of a backpack is not only driven by the choice of materials and shipping but also by the scale of the production, QA and the engineering that went into designing the product in the first place apart from more.

But this all doesn’t really matter anyway because what you’re getting is an, excuse my choice of words, damn good, perhaps slightly over engineered, but really high quality product. And that stays the same whether you pay $250 for it or not. On the other hand the TH peripherals are of miserable quality, no matter the price.

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

A bag remotely similar would have been appropriate, instead you posted a bag that is not even remotely similar just because it was probably a better valu

5 hours ago, papajo said:

Its close to $100 cheaper and is better in every way from functionality(e.g has PCB to charge your phone, has more space, has space to isolate wet stuff etc)  to materials(e.g it has genuine bovine leather where the ltt one uses a material called repreve which marketing pitch is that it is eco friendly but the bottom line is that it is cheap because it is made out of recycled 1use bottles or whatnot aka garbage )  and aliexpress includes import charges in the prices whatever extra taxes (E.g state specific) apply to the linus backpack as well, and the aliexpress one has free shipping.

and as I said this was a 10 second search I am pretty sure there are even better deals out there.  

4 hours ago, papajo said:

both backpacks have the same formfactor (its not laptop vs ATX or even mini ATX its ATX vs ATX to speak in PC terms) only that the ali one is slightly bigger which makes it slightly better cuz it can hold slightly more stuff (and slightly more expensive cause it needs slightly more materials) and besides the formfactor even the contours are the same (where one has round corners the other one has too etc) 

Edit with additional context:
Since I believe yall just playing with me cuz you wanna simp on linus or something lets play a game on how dissimilar/remotely similar they are 😛

(click on the image to zoom in) 

image.thumb.png.4f71e12409e2ff706a4c452664fb2f4d.png

and again it doesnt matter even if this is not the same factory that makes it what matters is that there is A factory that does the LTT backpack and OTHER backpacks with the same or better specs and sells them for the same or a better price 

Which is exactly my point since the beginning of this but for some reason despite using  Bold and Underline and coloring the text red you still don't read or ignore lol 

And in particular I said that to you as a response (since you first quoted me I say that so that nobody will claim that I talk about things that nobody brought up

If someone was kinda desperate or at least cheeky it was linus by commenting what he did and which I really didnt get initially (as I mentioned in my reply to him) because a) I just woke up but it was more about b) his argument didnt really relate to my points I mean I never said "I know the factory he paid to make his bags" (btw he did pay a factory and I am pretty sure that factory doesnt make only ltt bags lol)

I mean what are we even discussing here what linus said is stupid if taken literally. 

There is a factory that makes other stuff and other backpacks from which linus made his order that's for sure. 

And also what's for sure is that the same factory (and many others) can make an equally good backpack (and probably do) for much less and I showcased that <--- and this was my point if you go and read all my posts which are posted by me before linus' post) 

You heard it here first, folks: everybody is a scammer out to take advantage of sweet innocent gamers except for anonymous sellers hawking no-name products on AliExpress. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

42 minutes ago, papajo said:

it doesnt matter even if this is not the same factory that makes it what matters is that there is A factory that does the LTT backpack and OTHER backpacks with the same or better specs and sells them for the same or a better price 

I do wonder how this above quote of yours goes together with your previous statement:

While in the Tommy Hifiger case you just pay to get something because you trust the brand or because (and this is something I already touched in my previous post but forgot to elaborate a little further) it is actually not a bad deal to get 3 things for 150

If someone buys a product from LTT they do so in a lot – I would even assume most of – the cases because they trust the brand (see my previous response a couple of posts further up for a more in-depth argument). I do actually wonder why you call the TH set "not a bad deal" and would be genuinely interested in your reasoning behind it (please refer to my previous post for a counter example as well).

14 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

I do wonder how this above quote of yours goes together with your previous statement:

Well the only thing you have to do is to actually read what I posted (because of the many posts better click on this internal link to shoot you up in the relevant post I will screenshot bellow in order to for it to be easier for you to read) I will point out (by circling in red color circles -again - the relevancy since you either pretend or can not see it on your own) 

image.thumb.png.9f3875124bce9e9ddecf217767cc2049.png

I also previously said (and mentioned it AGAIN in the post you just quoted)  this

But for some reason people dont read what I post or willfully ignore it which is fine I dont read every post on every topic I post in either and  I dont post for attention but do not criticize (this last line of text doesnt go directly towards you but anybody fitting the profile) or ask me obvious questions or question me in a belittling manner about what I posted in the case you havent read what I posted.

26 minutes ago, papajo said:

Well the only thing you have to do is to actually read what I posted

I did read your posts how would I've been able to quote them otherwise? Perhaps you meant to say something else but to me it does not appear to be that way, hence my replies. My main point is not the factory. I commented on it with regards to previous posts where it seemed to me the factory question got an overwhelming weight (see the car analogy).

The major point I'm aiming at is why you defend a bad quality product which, adding insult to injury, is obviously overpriced against a high quality product while calling the low quality product "not a bad deal".

Edit: I'm not doing this because the backpack is an LTT product but because I don't see how your chain of arguments is supposed to make sense in this particular regard. I'm not even trying to make a rebuttal to your point that a lot of consumer tech like GPUs is overpriced.

39 minutes ago, papajo said:

Well the only thing you have to do is to actually read what I posted (because of the many posts better click on this internal link to shoot you up in the relevant post I will screenshot bellow in order to for it to be easier for you to read) I will point out (by circling in red color circles -again - the relevancy since you either pretend or can not see it on your own) 

image.thumb.png.9f3875124bce9e9ddecf217767cc2049.png

I also previously said (and mentioned it AGAIN in the post you just quoted)  this

But for some reason people dont read what I post or willfully ignore it which is fine I dont read every post on every topic I post in either and  I dont post for attention but do not criticize (this last line of text doesnt go directly towards you but anybody fitting the profile) or ask me obvious questions or question me in a belittling manner about what I posted in the case you havent read what I posted.

You're calling other people "desperate" and then making arguments like "well the handle is the same shape."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

43 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You're calling other people "desperate" and then making arguments like "well the handle is the same shape."

Oh stop like you are the lowest efford of them all lol The other guy called me desperate I didnt call anybody that I just used that other guy's "train of thought" to juxtaposition that claim 

because apparently the trainwreck is still going, i'll add some fuel onto a different fire to hopefully get back to something actually related to the video.

i was sure i had some tommy hilfiger clothing in the clouset somewhere... so i went to look for it.

based on the fact the prints on their shirts fade extremely quickly... i expect the logo printed on the mouse to fade extremely quickly as well.

40 minutes ago, papajo said:

Oh stop like you are the lowest efford of them all lol The other guy called me desperate I didnt call anybody that I just used that other guy's "train of thought" to juxtaposition that claim 

I put in the amount of effort your shenanigans deserve, because I learned literally years ago the way you think. Instead of examining facts and drawing a conclusion from them, you start with a vaguely defined but unshakably held emotional conviction, usually that someone/everyone is out to screw gamers, and then everything flows from that. You'll throw random shit at all the wall to support your conspiracy theory, and when people refute one "argument" by pointing our you're factually wrong about something (like saying GPU mining wasn't profitable in January 2021) or that you can't back up flippant claims you make (like being able to find the LTT backpack on AliExpress) you'll just backpedal and flail around and move on to the next one but you never re-examine your premise. 

(The thread I linked above actually has some amusing parallels to this one. "How can there be a GPU shortage when GPU's are made out of sand?" he says, "There's plenty of sand." Just make a GPU/backpack/whatever lol 4head, how hard can it be? He's a physicist, supposedly, details are for grunts to work out.)