New Official 4080 16gb/12gb Benchmarks released by Nvidia (4080 12gb up to 30% slower in raster than 4080 16gb)

Deadpool2onBlu-Ray
Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I think the horrible take is looking at 3 random games and making any reasonable conclusions on the performance of these new cards especially because it's not like the 3 games have similar performance differences between cards. How about we wait for third party reviews before we go out can say that the 4080 is hot garbage. 

Siri "Remindme30days"

We will see. 

They compared Apples to Apples with their own cards.

Both 4080s are going to suck

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

1 minute ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

Siri "Remindme30days"

We will see. 

They compared Apples to Apples with their own cards.

Both 4080s are going to suck

Yep looks at 3 games at 4k and assumes performance of cards especially when 4k and 1440p performance of cards usually are quite different so it could be the case where the 4080 12gb does much better at 1440p than it does at 4k. We have very little info right now and making conclusions is kinda rash tbh. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Yep looks at 3 games at 4k and assumes performance of cards especially when 4k and 1440p performance of cards usually are quite different so it could be the case where the 4080 12gb does much better at 1440p than it does at 4k. We have very little info right now and making conclusions is kinda rash tbh. 

Even so. Let's say you're right. Let's say the 4080 12gb blows our socks off at 1440p at $900. It still doesn't matter, because it's $900..... It won't, but even if it did, it would still be a bad product because of it's price and gen on gen price increase.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

Yes Jensen is so mad, so crazy, such a crackpot, because he is throwing the smallest of bones for the AIBs who have a stockpile of ampere they need to liquidated. Once Ampere is liquidated, 4080 will drop in price.

Remember what I said about it being a demand induced shortage and they actually ramped UP production?
Aka mining crashed, that ramped up production (which they did cut off early) is still sitting there in warehouses. And a unique used market canibalizing the sales of new ampere.
Stuff that costs AIBs a lot of money.

Right this very moment, there is no reason to caniblize ampere sales with Lovelace when RDNA3 is still a month away.

Call it copium all you want since I know thats the reaction, but thats how it is, thats part of why EVGA bailed. NVidia does not want more AIBs to leave, so they are doing the bare minimum to keep them around,

12 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I still can't believe people put this much emotion and care into what sticker that's on the box...

It feels like it's the only thing people talk about. That and the usual childish name calling. 

Would you like to pay 100k for a Honda Civic just because they re-badged it as an Acura? I don’t thing so

1 hour ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

Exactly. This gen is an easy skip. 

If you NEED a new card, get a used 3080/6800xt

I bought a used RX 6800 for MSRP money. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit too soon ahead of this new gen of cards, but honestly... Here in Europe, the prices for GPUs continue to be very high, so I'm happy with what I got. An RTX 3060 is still going for at least 450 euros over here, so then the question rises of what is a midrange setup these days. My previous PC I built in 2015, and I got a GTX780 for 400 euros back then, which in its day was an impressive card.

Still sad my 780 died last year...

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

38 minutes ago, AryA_65 said:

Would you like to pay 100k for a Honda Civic just because they re-badged it as an Acura? I don’t thing so

lol thats not even a comparison

1 hour ago, AryA_65 said:

Nvidia aren't rebadging anything here, which is a very big difference which makes you analogy completely fall flat on its face.

If you want a car analogy, this is as if Volkswagen released a hatchback version of the Passat alongside the combi version, and then people got pissed because they think it should be called a Golf, not Passat.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Nvidia aren't rebadging anything here, which is a very big difference which makes you analogy completely fall flat on its face.

If you want a car analogy, this is as if Volkswagen released a hatchback version of the Passat alongside the combi version, and then people got pissed because they think it should be called a Golf, not Passat.

I am sick of all the comparisons and analogies and naming scheme arguments lol.

It's a dogshit card for a dogshit price (The "4080" 12gb)

1 hour ago, bramturismo said:

I bought a used RX 6800 for MSRP money. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit too soon ahead of this new gen of cards, but honestly... Here in Europe, the prices for GPUs continue to be very high, so I'm happy with what I got. An RTX 3060 is still going for at least 450 euros over here, so then the question rises of what is a midrange setup these days. My previous PC I built in 2015, and I got a GTX780 for 400 euros back then, which in its day was an impressive card.

Still sad my 780 died last year...

The cheapest 6800XT are €599 here. A massive difference and price drop. The 3080 still remains from €829 and up. And the fun thing is, there are a shit load of the unused 3080s.

I still have my GTX780 as backup in case my 1080Ti will break. I got the 1080Ti new for €678 after the cancercoin bubble bursted.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

16 minutes ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

I am sick of all the comparisons and analogies and naming scheme arguments lol.

It's a dogshit card for a dogshit price (The "4080" 12gb)

I think we should wait for the card to be out and to see what it costs in stores before calling it dogshit.

With the pricing of 30 series cards dropping quite a lot it seems like they will offer a lot better price to performance ratio though.

Based on the leaks I don't think it is "dogshit" in terms of performance though. It performs 20% higher than the 3080, which was already a very good card (performance wise).

It's almost 60% faster than my RTX 3070 in these three tests, and I think the RTX 3070 is a fantastic card (performance wise).

I think we have lost track of reality a bit when we call 100+ FPS at 4K, max settings "dogshit".

I mean, the 4080 12GB is roughly matching the 3090 Ti in terms of performance (even without needing DLSS 3). Is the 3090 Ti also a "dogshit" card?

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I mean, the 4080 12GB is roughly matching the 3090 Ti in terms of performance (even without needing DLSS 3). Is the 3090 Ti also a "dogshit" card?

Any owners of a RTX 4080 12GB that don't want it I'll gladly have it rather than throwing it in the bin 😆

Like just wait 6 months or so, by that time I'm actually quite sure pricing of everything will have changed significantly enough that will render all pricing analysis now moot.

21 hours ago, starsmine said:

the 4080 starts at 900. No amount of make believe entitlement makes it start at 1200. 
Dont just make shit up 

I do think nvidia screwed up pricing the 4080 at 900 because they can sell it for 800 and make profit.
a 4070 at 550 sounds reasanable to me, but thats a massive gap between 900 and 550.

The 4080 that starts at $900 isn't a real 80 tier card, it has a different die, and if the 30% difference in performance is true then its such a massive difference from the 4080 16GB, the 4080 12GB should be a 4070 and be priced as a 70 tier card. And it isn't about any entitlement, Nvidia is being misleading with deceptive marketing, their marketing tactics with these two completely different 4080 cards is very anti-consumer.

Edit- The 4080 12GB should've been a 4070 for $500 at the most if it just barely beats a 3080 10GB , I think $600 would be acceptable for a 4070Ti 12GB, and the 4080 16GB the $800 4080 tier card.

4 hours ago, starsmine said:

Yes Jensen is so mad, so crazy, such a crackpot, because he is throwing the smallest of bones for the AIBs who have a stockpile of ampere they need to liquidated. Once Ampere is liquidated, 4080 will drop in price.

Remember what I said about it being a demand induced shortage and they actually ramped UP production?
Aka mining crashed, that ramped up production (which they did cut off early) is still sitting there in warehouses. And a unique used market canibalizing the sales of new ampere.
Stuff that costs AIBs a lot of money.

Right this very moment, there is no reason to caniblize ampere sales with Lovelace when RDNA3 is still a month away.

Call it copium all you want since I know thats the reaction, but thats how it is, thats part of why EVGA bailed. NVidia does not want more AIBs to leave, so they are doing the bare minimum to keep them around,

Jensen is very out of touch with the market as he still wants crypto mining bubble level of profits and has priced the 4080's too high, not surprising though as the 20 series prices increased after the last mining bubble burst.

I think the minimum Nvidia could do is reimburse the cost of AIB's taking a loss on making 30 series cards, they're either taking a loss of making like 5% on the higher end 30 series cards. And I doubt Nvidia would care if more AIBs stopped making Nvidia cards, Nvidia doesn't seem to care that EVGA left the market even though they were one of the most popular AIB Nvidia brands in the US, also because the FE cards are priced so they undercut the AIB's on cost and performance, its very clear with the 4090 that Nvidia doesn't care if the AIBs can make a competitive card.

Edited by Blademaster91

31 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The 4080 that starts at $900 isn't a real 80 tier card, it has a different die, and if the 30% difference in performance is true then its such a massive difference from the 4080 16GB, the 4080 12GB should be a 4070 and be priced as a 70 tier card. And it isn't about any entitlement, Nvidia is being misleading with deceptive marketing, their marketing tactics with these two completely different 4080 cards is very anti-consumer.

Jensen is very out of touch with the market as he still wants crypto mining bubble level of profits and has priced the 4080's too high, not surprising though as the 20 series prices increased after the last mining bubble burst.

I think the minimum Nvidia could do is reimburse the cost of AIB's taking a loss on making 30 series cards, they're either taking a loss of making like 5% on the higher end 30 series cards. And I doubt Nvidia would care if more AIBs stopped making Nvidia cards, Nvidia doesn't seem to care that EVGA left the market even though they were one of the most popular AIB Nvidia brands in the US, also because the FE cards are priced so they undercut the AIB's on cost and performance, its very clear with the 4090 that Nvidia doesn't care if the AIBs can make a competitive card.

do you remember the 780 released at 650 and dropped to 500 once 780ti was revealed? early adopters money if out of touch marketing then i guess everyone is

didnt they sell well? and the 770 was actually rebranded?

53 minutes ago, pas008 said:

do you remember the 780 released at 650 and dropped to 500 once 780ti was revealed? early adopters money if out of touch marketing then i guess everyone is

There are a certain amount of people that will pay anything near launch they probably want to capitalize on that a few months, wait for AMD and sales to slow.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Theres people that will buy at launch to have the latest thing, those people won't care about the price lowering. By out of touch I mean Nvidia selling a 80 tier card for over $1000, it makes no sense while the 30 series cards are much cheaper.

The gtx 770 was rebranded into the gtx 970, though it got a significant performance increase over the 770, and was a much more efficient card.

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Theres people that will buy at launch to have the latest thing, those people won't care about the price lowering. By out of touch I mean Nvidia selling a 80 tier card for over $1000, it makes no sense while the 30 series cards are much cheaper.

The gtx 770 was rebranded into the gtx 970, though it got a significant performance increase over the 770, and was a much more efficient card.

I thought 680 and 770 were the same

On 10/12/2022 at 2:42 PM, Brooksie359 said:

I'm sorry but this tells me basically nothing as Microsoft flightsim is an unoptimized mess and plague tale I have no idea what game that is or how it typically runs while f1 22 is one of those games that usually runs at fairly high fps on most things 

It tells you the "4080" 12GB loses to the 3090 Ti in the most cherry picked benchmarks, so it'll likely lose big to the 3090 Ti in most games.

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Nah 770 was a rebrand of the 680 with 5% higher performace at about 7% lower power consumption, with planned obsolescence for both via that gimpy 2GB of vram. 970 was an entirely new gen that improved performance about 35% over 770 for a $70 lower msrp. It also launched right after the mining gpu crash of 2014.

6 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Shouldn't even be a 4070... maybe more like a 4060 Super.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

I thought 680 and 770 were the same

Yeah you're right the 680 and 770 are both Kepler architecture gpu's.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nah 770 was a rebrand of the 680 with 5% higher performace at about 7% lower power consumption, with planned obsolescence for both via that gimpy 2GB of vram. 970 was an entirely new gen that improved performance about 35% over 770 for a $70 lower msrp. It also launched right after the mining gpu crash of 2014.

I was confusing the later GTX 700 series Maxwell GPU's, Maxwell 2.0 was GTX 900 series, and yeah I had a GTX 770 it was a decent card but the 2GB of ram was a limitation in some games.

The 970 was a card with misleading specs with the 3.5GB of VRAM, and I think the 4080 12GB is another case of misleading customers, Nvidia would deserve a class action on it IMO.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Shouldn't even be a 4070... maybe more like a 4060 Super.

I don't like what Nvidia did with the 20 series super cards, but a 4060 Super would be fair.

nGreedia has removed the LHR in their latest driver lol!

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-reportedly-removes-lite-hash-rate-limiter-with-the-latest-driver

This to increase the sales of the RTX30. They've gotten really used to the insane sales by miners and scalpers so they refuse to lower the RTX30 prices.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

10 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It tells you the "4080" 12GB loses to the 3090 Ti in the most cherry picked benchmarks, so it'll likely lose big to the 3090 Ti in most games.

How do you even know what the games were cherry picked for? Because it seems obvious to me they cherry picked to make the 4090 look really good. Again to assume anything at this point is stupid. 

3 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

nGreedia has removed the LHR in their latest driver lol!

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-reportedly-removes-lite-hash-rate-limiter-with-the-latest-driver

This to increase the sales of the RTX30. They've gotten really used to the insane sales by miners and scalpers so they refuse to lower the RTX30 prices.

Lol mining isn't profitable even FHR. It's dead

Just now, CHICKSLAYA said:

Lol mining isn't profitable even FHR. It's dead

Jensen his brain and eyes are not working properly because of his leather jacket lol.

DAC/AMPs: