Virtual kissing in meta will be a thing

jos

Next experiance in vr is the sensation on the lips and mouth.

system uses airborne ultrasound waves to create sensations on the lips, teeth and tongue, and is small and light enough to attach to the bottom of virtual reality (VR) goggles.

The article reminds me of the big bang theory where Howard show cased the connected kissing machine to make long distance relation spicy. This is going to be next big thing, connection in virtual world..

Update: it has nothing to do with meta, it is from university research. Title used since it is the trend. LTT forum used to be enjoyable and appreciate good comedy, it has been a while since I posted.  

Source: https://techxplore.com/news/2022-05-lips-gums-gamers-comesor.html

I don't want this as a concept, and, if somehow this becomes a thing, I want it from facebook least of all.

2 hours ago, jos said:

s going to be next big thing, connection in virtual world..

i thought of this as soon as i saw the title though.....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Obioban said:

I don't want this as a concept, and, if somehow this becomes a thing, I want it from facebook least of all.

metaverse =/= meta.....

THe metaverse is somethign meta talkes about, but facebook isnt the one making ths...

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

And yet they add a bubble around people to prevent "harassment"?

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2022/02/meta-blows-safety-bubble-around-users-after-reports-of-sexual-harassment/

How they would implement it is still to be questioned. but I am certain that Hackers will abuse it trough some sort of glitch. allowing you to 'Kiss" someone without prompting a "Kiss"

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2022/02/meta-blows-safety-bubble-around-users-after-reports-of-sexual-harassment/

How they would implement it is still to be questioned. but I am certain that Hackers will abuse it trough some sort of glitch. allowing you to 'Kiss" someone without prompting a "Kiss"

Digital harassment will result in people getting punched in the face LOL

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

14 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

18 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

metaverse =/= meta.....

THe metaverse is somethign meta talkes about, but facebook isnt the one making ths...

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

/s

The fatal flaw of this comment, you need not be sarcastic. Soon vr headsets wil not just be head sets (in the term of wearing them on your head, that is)

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

39 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

The fatal flaw of this comment, you need not be sarcastic. Soon vr headsets wil not just be head sets (in the term of wearing them on your head, that is)

Yep we gonna have a haptic feedback suits lol. 

2 hours ago, kamonanban said:

Digital harassment will result in people getting punched in the face LOL

Will the Digit Punch have haptic feedback too? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

@jos
Would you mind changing the title to something that is closer in relation to the linked article and video?
There is no mention of the company Meta, nor the metaverse anywhere in the video nor the article.

From the posting guidelines:

The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/11724-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

3 hours ago, PeachGr said:

So we believe that meta will be an actual thing huh? Interesting

It is an actual thing right now, its a way for rich people to extract money out of dumb speculators looking to get in early on the next big thing.

Honestly, I'm genuinely starting to think the entire world is going crazy what with magic internet money, decentralised banking that has more holes the a sieve, JPGs "worth" 5 or 6 figures and now we have a virtual world that doesn't exist yet (but is making billions), probably will never exist and even if it did exist makes absolutely no sense anyway. Why exactly do we need to strap ourselves into a headset and pay some rich guy money to access his low resolution world where the only thing you can do is keep giving him even more money to virtually do things you can literally do for free outside IRL?

Our kids are being taught by the rich that money is the answer to everything and as long as you keep paying Elon Beyzerberg his 15 a month subscription that's all you really need in life. No need to work, magic internet money can make you rich overnight, no need to shop since Elon Beyzerberg will happily ship you anything to you're door for more money and going outside is only for the defaults who cannot afford to buy into the Metaverse.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

this won't get abused! /s
spacer.png

does no-one remember that pedo's, pervs and creeps exist? cause they do and they'll be the ones abusing this 'feature'.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

15 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Why exactly do we need to strap ourselves into a headset and pay some rich guy money to access his low resolution world where the only thing you can do is keep giving him even more money to virtually do things you can literally do for free outside IRL?

I'm speculating, that once everyone is in the metaverse, people will want real life experiences back and they'll pay fortunes for it.

Imagine a time, where petrol is incredibly rare and almost all petrol powered cars are gone.

Some rich 25yo hipster f*ck will pay 20 grand just to rent a petrol car and tell people how amazing it was. He's gonna film a YT video about his "life changing experience" of driving a petrol car and will make one of those logan paul faces as soon as he starts the engine.
"Wait, you're telling me there are tiny explosions happening in there? WOAH THAT'S CRAZY!"

Mark my words!

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

the next big thing

You mean the decentralized internet that will be controlled by 3-4 Giants XD. You will even use their "decentralized" currency

tenor.gif

I did not expect that to be the first "vr attachment" for personal interaction

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

4 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I did not expect that to be the first "vr attachment" for personal interaction

Doesn't matter what it's for, people will find other uses for it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Virtual sexual assault/harassment accusations coming in 3... 2... 1...

"Your Honor, I've been molested in the meta verse. User MrBurns69 repeatedly used the "Work it" emote which upset me. I am now offended."

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

Everytime I hear/read anything new about the metaverse, it just keeps getting worse...