Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
11 minutes ago, fringie said:

Is the Beserk movies worth watching for new story info the original series doesn't have? I just binged the original series and I'm unsure if its worth watching the remastered version cus the MAL reviews says they're a bit watered down in terms of depth/character development. Ty

Never seen any of the Berserk anime in general or the manga. I'll get to it eventually but so will the other 50 or so shows that i plan to watch.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Never seen any of the Berserk anime in general or the manga. I'll get to it eventually but so will the other 50 or so shows that i plan to watch.

Look forward to it, the ending and start of the anime is a bit confusing if you don't read manga (like myself) so I just read forums that explained the confusing parts :P

On 7/23/2016 at 3:18 AM, Albatross said:

I'm also looking for similar anime to Kill la Kill, if ya could help a girl out I mean

you know these dont effect me since i haven't really watched FMA

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

52 minutes ago, themaniac said:

you know these dont effect me since i haven't really watched FMA

should I spoil it for you?

Just now, Charger said:

should I spoil it for you?

i already know about that with the girl being merged with the dog

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

What kind of anime is Darker Than Black? Anything in particular stand out about it? I haven't seen it, was thinking about it though.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

On July 23, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Albatross said:

Okay, maybe this massive anime fanclub can help an idiot out here. xD

I just finished Non Non Biyori and loved it. Are there any other shows like it that doesn't have pervy, harem or similar themes? I just wanna watch something about friends/family without having to go through boob assaults or the like (or death). I'm also looking for similar anime to Kill la Kill, if ya could help a girl out I mean.

I'm of course ready to pay with forum favors.

tumblr_nmyx4a7VjZ1sv5749o1_400.gif

It's not a series but have you seen Summer Wars (it's an anime movie)?  It's got a strong "this is what family is all about" vibe.  

I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to feel all fuzzy inside about family.  ?

On 23/07/2016 at 4:18 AM, Albatross said:

Are there any other shows like it that doesn't have pervy, harem or similar themes? I just wanna watch something about friends/family without having to go through boob assaults or the like (or death). I'm also looking for similar anime to Kill la Kill, if ya could help a girl out I mean.

If you like slice of life style:

Usagi desu ka?

Yuru yuri

With common goal/idol:

Love live

idolmaster cinderella girls

Comedy/Random:

Gintama

D-frag

danshi koukousei no nichijou

Kill la Kill was so special I don't know what to recommend, maybe gurren lagann.

On 7/23/2016 at 1:18 AM, Albatross said:

I just finished Non Non Biyori and loved it. Are there any other shows like it that doesn't have pervy, harem or similar themes? I just wanna watch something about friends/family without having to go through boob assaults or the like (or death). I'm also looking for similar anime to Kill la Kill, if ya could help a girl out I mean.

tumblr_nmyx4a7VjZ1sv5749o1_400.gif

having never seen non non biyori I'm not sure if these are anything like it but I would suggest

Shirobako

Hyouka

K-On

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior

On 7/23/2016 at 4:18 AM, Albatross said:

Aria (note: not Aria the Scarlett Ammo), Record of a Yokohama Shopping Trip. (especially the manga)

Also maybe Flying Witch and Tanaka-kun from the previous season.

Some other "warm" anime: Natsume's Book of Friends, Spice and Wolf

More family-themed shows: The Eccentric Family, Bunny Drop

Similar in spirit to Kill la Kill (hot-blooded and over the top): Gurren Lagann, Space Patrol Luluco, Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact, FLCL

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Aria (note: not Aria the Scarlett Ammo), Record of a Yokohama Shopping Trip. (especially the manga)

Also maybe Flying Witch and Tanaka-kun from the previous season.

Some other "warm" anime: Natsume's Book of Friends, Spice and Wolf

More family-themed shows: The Eccentric Family, Bunny Drop

Similar in spirit to Kill la Kill (hot-blooded and over the top): Gurren Lagann, Space Patrol Luluco, Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact, FLCL

ya I could see FLCL being recommend to someone that is looking for something similar to kill la kill

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

good old imgur

I wish the pokemon anime was this "mature", might be worth watching ... But I could do without getting kicked in the feels by the last 3 panels.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

is it worth buying a playstation vita just to play persona 4 golden? i've been playing persona 4 via emulation and i'm tempted just to scrap the playthrough and dive into P4 golden. 

Just now, BirdyTheMighty said:

no not really its also on teh 3ds 

hmm but there's quite a few changes compared to the ps2 version. 

also i don't see a 3ds version 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

hmm but there's quite a few changes compared to the ps2 version. 

also i don't see a 3ds version 

yeah that was my bad was thinking of another game

lives on

BAKABT

Just finshed Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen and Rinne no Lagrange. I feel so burned out now as watching two 24 episode animes in a row hurts. But the 2 anime's tones are so different from each other it made my brain all confused.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

4 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Just finshed Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen and Rinne no Lagrange. I feel so burned out now as watching two 24 episode animes in a row hurts. But the 2 anime's tones are so different from each other it made my brain all confused.

that anime was cringe worthy.... i tried to watch it but felt so freakin plain and generic then to add the horrible subs adding the verbal diarrhea "i think" at the end of each sentence. watched like 5 eps and gave it a push to the side lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Just now, That_Random_Guy said:

that anime was cringe worthy.... i tried to watch it but felt so freakin plain and generic then to add the horrible subs adding the verbal diarrhea "i think" at the end of each sentence. watched like 5 eps and gave it a push to the side lol

Which one? Rinne no Lagrange?

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Just now, YubinTheBunny said:

Which one? Rinne no Lagrange?

whichever the newer one is that came out a few seasons or so ago

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

You hate anything that isn't bok....Inuyasha. /s

...... no i hate on generic shows which inuyasha kinda is as well.

8 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

yeah that was my bad was thinking of another game

well did you play persona 4 golden? lol 

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

snip shin chan....

heh heh.gif

Well, Rinne no Lagrange was pretty bad tbh. It's pretty much just strike witches all over again but minus the fan service (at least not to the magnitude that was in strike witches). But I have a personally policy of finishing what ever anime I watch regardless how bad it is lol

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen on the other hand was pretty good, but some people might get confused watching it if they've never played the VN or watch the original prequel version that came out over a decade ago.

Build