Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
12 hours ago, Tokuninashi said:

Been a while. How's everyone doing?

Very good.  I'm going to get When They Cry Rei this upcoming week and than hopefully watch it after finally getting around to watching When They Cry Kai.  

Even better: the 2nd Starcraft 2 Nova mission pack is being released in a few days I believe so I'm really excited about that too.  It's going to be a fun week.  ?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

If you like Higurashi you should watch Umineko: When They Cry.  It's a really good supernatural murder mystery that is rather tricky to keep track of all the twists and turns but it's sooo good.  ?

I would personally suggest against it. Don't get me wrong, it good, very good in fact. But it's unfinished, it never got the conclusion(season 2) it so desperately needed. We essentially got the Question arc but not the Answer arc, which is just too bad. So really, it's kind of a waste of time for new watchers, in my opinion anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

I would personally suggest against it. Don't get me wrong, it good. But it's unfinished, it never got the conclusion(season 2) it so desperately needed. We essentially got the Question arc but not the Answer arc, which is just too bad. So really, it's kind of a waste of time for new watchers, in my opinion anyway.

How come it never got a season 2?  Was it made but just not released in the US of not made at all?

Personally I think it's worth seeing anyway just because what is there is so good.  Though you certainly have a point that it may not be all that worth it for some people because it's not possible to see all of what should've been made.

It's fair to say that this is a case where potential viewers need to decide if the unfurled nature of Umineko is enough to stop them from watching it.  

I appreciate you mentioning that there never was a season 2.  I'd forgotten about that.  

I wonder if I should feel like I wasted money buying the collector's sets from Right Stuf years ago?  >_>

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How come it never got a season 2?  Was it made but just not released in the US of not made at all?

Personally I think it's worth seeing anyway just because what is there is so good.  Though you certainly have a point that it may not be all that worth it for some people because it's not possible to see all of what should've been made.

It's fair to say that this is a case where potential viewers need to decide if the unfurled nature of Umineko is enough to stop them from watching it.  

I appreciate you mentioning that there never was a season 2.  I'd forgotten about that.  

I wonder if I should feel like I wasted money buying the collector's sets from Right Stuf years ago?  >_>

I don't know why it never got a season 2. Maybe the blurays didn't sell as well as they hoped or maybe some executive just decided to can it.

Personally, I felt cheated as I watched the series as it aired, with the hope that a season 2 would come along as it did for Higurashi but then as months became years, all hope for a season 2 has pretty much been squashed and I feel like I've wasted my time.

It's like watching the first half of a movie and never watching the second half, what the point? No matter how good that first half was, you never got the conclusion, no ending, stuck in perpetual limbo never knowing what happened...

But hey, that's just me. After having watched nearly 600 animes, I'm starting to think my time shouldn't be wasted on unfinished stuff. Which is why I generally don't watch anime based on manga or light novels anymore, especially if the original series are not finished, because you can bet the anime will also end up being unfinished.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

15 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I don't know why it never got a season 2. Maybe the blurays didn't sell as well as they hoped or maybe some executive just decided to can it.

Personally, I felt cheated as I watched the series as it aired, with the hope that a season 2 would come along as it did for Higurashi but then as months became years, all hope for a season 2 has pretty much been squashed and I feel like I've wasted my time.

It's like watching the first half of a movie and never watching the second half, what the point? No matter how good that first half was, you never got the conclusion, no ending, stuck in perpetual limbo never knowing what happened...

But hey, that's just me. After having watched nearly 600 animes, I'm starting to think my time shouldn't be wasted on unfinished stuff. Which is why I generally don't watch anime based on manga or light novels anymore, especially if the original series are not finished, because you can bet the anime will also end up being unfinished.

For me I'd still be pissed but I might get/watch something anyway if I thought it was good enough.  Like how fans of canceled series like Firefly (sorry couldn't think of an anime example.) cling to what content there is even if it's not much or anywhere near complete.

Wow I bow to your viewing experience.  I have what I consider to be a rather sizable anime collection on both DVD and Blu-Ray but there's a lot of it I haven't watched yet.  

This being the result of a habit I got into when I first started to collect anime.  I'd binge watch a series in a few hours or 1-2 days tops for even 22-24 episode series and kept running out of new anime to watch.  

So I trained myself to hoard new sets I'd buy without watching them with the intent being to build up a larger collection before diving into it.  

Unfortunately I trained myself a little too well to the point where I now have multiple shelves and boxes filled with anime I bought years ago but have yet to watch..

What's in the picture is just a sample of what I've accumulated and I've only watched a few of the things shown.

Arent most anime based on manga or light novels though?  That's what I always thought anyway,

image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Arent most anime based on manga or light novels though?  That's what I always thought anyway,

-snip-

There's quite a few Original series, so those are good to watch. There's also visual novels or video game adaptations, which generally aren't great, but at least they are "finished" so it's very rare that an anime based on one would be left in an unfinished state (unless it was really bad and it just get canned)

Also, nice collection. I don't have the space nor the money to space to buy boxsets of anime so I commend you for that. I can recognize quite a few of those too, many good ones. Not sure why there's a wii sensor bar there, though. xD

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

There's quite a few Original series, so those are good to watch. There's also visual novels or video game adaptations, which generally aren't great, but at least they are "finished" so it's very rare that an anime based on one would be left in an unfinished state (unless it was really bad and it just get canned)

Also, nice collection. I don't have the space nor the money to space to buy boxsets of anime so I commend you for that. I can recognize quite a few of those too, many good ones. Not sure why there's a wii sensor bar there, though. xD

I did really like the anime for Hyperdimension Neptunia.  For something based on a game it was fantastic.  ?

Thank you.  ?  Let's just say I've been fortunate to have some excess money coming in.  (Not drug money I 100% promise.) (Nothing illegal either.)

I feel like I should be embarrassed to say this is only a fraction of my entire collection.  I'll pm you in a minute about that.  I don't want to come across like I'm bragging or make anyone feel bad.  Anime is expensive and not everyone can afford to get everything they really want.

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I did really like the anime for Hyperdimension Neptunia.  For something based on a game it was fantastic.  ?

Thank you.  ?  Let's just say I've been fortunate to have some excess money coming in.  (Not drug money I 100% promise.) (Nothing illegal either.)

I feel like I should be embarrassed to say this is only a fraction of my entire collection.  I'll pm you in a minute about that.  I don't want to come across like I'm bragging or make anyone feel bad.  Anime is expensive and not everyone can afford to get everything they really want.

The Hyperdimension Neptunia anime was indeed pretty good. Not faithful to the game(s) in the least, but still damn good as a stand alone entity. Especially liked the ending song.

We're all anime fans here, if you'd like to share your collection with the rest of us, there's nothing to be embarrassed at.

41 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

The Hyperdimension Neptunia anime was indeed pretty good. Not faithful to the game(s) in the least, but still damn good as a stand alone entity. Especially liked the ending song.

We're all anime fans here, if you'd like to share your collection with the rest of us, there's nothing to be embarrassed at.

I thought it was?  I know at least some of the series at least mixed and matched plot details from Rebirth 2 and Rebirth 3.  Not sure about Rebirth 1.  It does have stuff not from the games in it that's for sure.

It's just that I don't want to seem like I'm being mean and showing trying to make people who can't buy lots of anime feel bad from seeing my large collection.  

I have a list of all my anime that I'll consider sharing but before I think about that I need to update it.  It's mostly accurate but I know there's at least a few sets that either are listed in the wrong location or haven't been added to the list yet.  I organize the list by the location in the room where I have my stuff.  That way I can keep track of eveything and not forget where I put something.  lol

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I thought it was?  I know at least some of the series at least mixed and matched plot details from Rebirth 2 and Rebirth 3.  Not sure about Rebirth 1.  It does have stuff not from the games in it that's for sure.

It's just that I don't want to seem like I'm being mean and showing trying to make people who can't buy lots of anime feel bad from seeing my large collection.  

I have a list of all my anime that I'll consider sharing but before I think about that I need to update it.  It's mostly accurate but I know there's at least a few sets that either are listed in the wrong location or haven't been added to the list yet.  I organize the list by the location in the room where I have my stuff.  That way I can keep track of eveything and not forget where I put something.  lol

It is, yet at the same time it isn't. Though it's certainly not based on Rebirth 1, considering the little sisters aren't in that at all. I believe it does shares some elements with Rebirth 2 and 3, but it's a whole different storyline overall.

I also don't think anyone here would think that you're mean or showing off. I believe quite a few other members have a collection of their own too. So do feel free to showcase your collection here as well.

Just now, TetraSky said:

It is yet at the same time it isn't. Though it's certainly not based on Rebirth 1, considering the little sisters aren't in that at all. It shares elements with possibly Rebirth 2 and 3, but it's a whole different storyline overall.

I don't think anyone here would think that you're mean or showing off. I believe quite a few other members have a collection of their own too.

But how many show a complete list of EVERYTHING they have?  >_>

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Be proud of your collection and show it off~ Show everything like a pervert opening his trench coat in front of a schoolgirl.

Wait no, that came out wrong. xD

I don't know how many showed their entire collection so far, there is after all 3727 pages and over 93k replies. But generally with this type of things, it takes one person to show their stuff and others will follow suit. So you can either take your time to arrange it properly and wait until such a time, or take the initiative and showcase part of/your entire collection first. Whichever you decide to do is completely up to you.

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I can give you a complete list of anime i own. 

• Two nonsequential dvd volumes of fullmetal alchemist

Well that is the full list.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Be proud of your collection and show it off~ Show everything like a pervert opening his trench coat in front of a schoolgirl.

Wait no, that came out wrong. xD

I don't know how many showed their entire collection so far, there is after all 3727 pages and over 93k replies. But generally with this type of things, it takes one person to show their stuff and others will follow suit. So you can either take your time to arrange it properly and wait until such a time, or take the initiative and showcase part of/your entire collection first. Whichever you decide to do is completely up to you.

Ummm..  I'll stick to listing my anime.  ?

Showing every set itself would be a bit impractical but listing it would be ok.  I just need to update the list first.  There's at least a few things that haven't been added such as seasons 1 and 2 of When They Cry and 1 and 2 of Love Live along with the movie.  

16 minutes ago, Charger said:

I can give you a complete list of anime i own. 

• Two nonsequential dvd volumes of fullmetal alchemist

Well that is the full list.

It's a great series so that's good at least.  ?

Though I haven't watched every episode.  Just scattered ones on adult swim.

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's a great series so that's good at least.  ?

Though I haven't watched every episode.  Just scattered ones on adult swim.

I have watched all of fma and fma brotherhood I think I started watching the original on adult swim

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

I have watched all of fma and fma brotherhood I think I started watching the original on adult swim

Awesome.  That's why I haven't seen FMA all the way through because I would catch it partway through and/or miss episodes here and there.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Awesome.  That's why I haven't seen FMA all the way through because I would catch it partway through and/or miss episodes here and there.

ya I did that with a few anime and adult swim was the reason I made a pvr computer back in like 2004 lol

12 minutes ago, Charger said:

ya I did that with a few anime and adult swim was the reason I made a pvr computer back in like 2004 lol

What's a pvr?  O_o

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's a pvr?  O_o

what people used to call DVR before they became popular lol its a personal video recorder 

8 minutes ago, Charger said:

what people used to call DVR before they became popular lol its a personal video recorder 

How do you do that with a computer?  Wait, this won't get us in trouble to talk about will it?  If so then don't answer.  lol

58 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How do you do that with a computer?  Wait, this won't get us in trouble to talk about will it?  If so then don't answer.  lol

lol you would just add a tv tuner card to a computer and some dvr software. It seems like it may be harder now than it was back then since you may need to get a card from your tv provider now to do it. Its not much different in idea then a vcr or dvr from your tv provider. It is how a lot of tv shows end up on torrent sites so fast.

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

lol you would just add a tv tuner card to a computer and some dvr software. It seems like it may be harder now than it was back then since you may need to get a card from your tv provider now to do it. Its not much different in idea then a vcr or dvr from your tv provider. It is how a lot of tv shows end up on torrent sites so fast.

Ah.  Probably more work than I want to deal with.  lol

Anyone watched Koutetsujou no Kabaneri? 

Just finished it myself. Honestly one of my favourite series recently. Awesome action scenes with somewhat shallow characters and a very predictable plot line. However, I still found that I enjoyed it a lot. 

tumblr_oajv1joBPo1twyezqo1_540.gif

tumblr_o3lnbdORgQ1uzwbyjo1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Anyone watched Koutetsujou no Kabaneri? 

Just finished it myself. Honestly one of my favourite series recently. Awesome action scenes with somewhat shallow characters and a very predictable plot line. However, I still found that I enjoyed it a lot. 

for me personally the show is a lot like guilty crown. lots of show but little tell