Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
44 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Saying this, unless someone can highly recommend it to me, what is the real harm in sticking to the rule? Do I get the best of the best (subjectively, of course), or is it more that I miss out on some really great series'?

But you won't really get "the best of the best". You'll get whatever you liked the first episode for, whether it sucks afterward or not. That's the problem. Unless you're a glutton for misery, you'll still drop those shows with a good first impression that sour on you, but you won't return to the ones that gave you a "meh" first impression, but might get better. That's why a 2-or-3 episode taste test is a bit safer, but that has its own time-consumption problems.

That's why my approach is just to keep a prioritized backlog based on first impressions. That way, once I've dropped the stuff that's lost my interest, I can come back to the stuff that still wasn't offensive to my tastes and give it another shot. I don't waste as much time that way, and I get the most out of the stuff I do watch. It also lets me pick and choose what I want to watch right now, and table the stuff that really needs my attention until I have time to give it said attention.

Back after ages,hello everyone! (Back to this thread) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

3 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Welp those seem to be one of the few ones that have that type of shape in that price range, that I have personally tried and would feel safe to recommend. 

now that the hd 558 has arrived at my house, i can say fully that these are way more comfortable. pretty much the right size. though i'm hoping the clamping force loosens as i keep wearing them. 

I just watched Hatsukoi Monster ep1 and giphy.gif

Some kind of perverted woman fantasy concept?

I feel like if I continue to watch the series I`ll get brain cancer. >.<"

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

Just watched the first episode of Rewrite.
From what others were saying about it in the comments on Nyaa(trainwreck, worst VN adaptation ever, etc...), I was expecting it to be complete garbage, but I quite liked it. I'm even wondering if I watched the same thing as them.

I've read the VN twice now and I must say it was relatively faithful to it... Up to a little over the half way point.

After that, it went a bit over the top with the creative freedom, with Koutarou meeting Pani/Gil way too early and then "meeting" Krivoy Rog(the name of the big monster) for whatever reason too.

Even if this was part fillers/out of order events, I quite liked it. If what I've heard is true and they just made a whole new "route" just for the anime, I'd be fine with that, that is certainly one way to make a VN>Anime adaption.

But, I felt like I wasn't seeing the usual KEY animation quality, this is certainly a step down compared to Clannad, Charlotte and the likes. Or maybe I'm just remembered them too fondly... But for example, the bit where he was "jogging" at the start just felt unnatural to me, even if he was overpowered at that point, the way his legs moved was just strange to me... Or maybe that's just me being crazy.

So yeah, Rewrite, not 100% proper VN adaptation, but it's still pretty good and nowhere near as bad as many are saying it is. At least it's not another Tsukihime, now that was a trainwreck and probably one of the worst VN adaptation. So much so that "there's no tsukihime anime" became a meme.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

My 3rd build is almost complete, and I think I'm going to watch Soul Eater first then Attack on Titan.

BTW, has anyone else watched the live action Rurouni Kenshin films?

I forgot if I talked about the screw ups in that movie.  Like the characterization mess ups.  Good movie for what it was, but some of the screw ups pissed me off. 

I have not really watched many live action things. I have kind of looked at some just to see how the acting was but never really watched any for more than a few minutes

On 7/1/2016 at 9:43 PM, TetraSky said:

I'm gonna suggest the following

-Sunday Without God. (Not a religious anime in the least, don't be fooled by the title)

-Overlord. (Man get stuck in a fantasy world, is essentially the devil, I thought it was pretty damn good, apparently not many thought the same..)

-Kemono no Souja Erin. (The beginning is a bit slow.. then sh*t hits the fan)

-Concrete Revolutio (superpowers stuff, currently watching it, pretty good.)

... Seriously, you're making it hard to recommend good shows when you've already seen most of the ones that were even worth watching in the last couple years.

And really if you have a list like that, surely you have an anime-list's profile or something that you could've linked instead of pasting that long list.

Like this
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/TetraSky/anime/watched?sort=rating&order=desc

yeah, sorry about the anime list thing, i just haven't created any accounts or anything on those sites and just happened to stumble on this thread the other day, so i just typed up what i have watched by looking through my computer/disks/browser histories

15 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Krivoy Rog(the name of the big monster

Really? Sounds like Крив рог in my language, which is very fitting. :D

I have not read the VN, so for me looks like good start for a story.

3 hours ago, Taurus_Silver said:

i just haven't created any accounts or anything on those sites

You will feel the need after few hundred series. For me is impossible to remember the names of all the series so I rely on my listing in anidb. Its really usefull to track down many stuff. :)

For example my profile there.

cxL67tg.jpg

The only problem is after watching so many, at least for me is the impossibility to recommend to people. Well, I can but I remember too many stuff so I have to force myself too much. In the end laziness wins every time so I leave it to other less lazy people... xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

2 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

In the end laziness wins every time so I leave it to other less lazy people... xD

LOL, I am the same, I guess great minds think alike.

rewrite anime is poor which sucks

on the bright side i found this

5a14b1794f9b69e1c6dfa9522b421f76.jpg

oh chaika

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Anime Midwest is coming up, I'll try to take as many pictures as I can

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

Can't get around watching Ajin, ppl say its good but it looks like a low budget 3d game.

Finished both Boku no hero academia and Kiznaiver, i liked boku no hero quite a bit, kiznaiver was alrighte, kind of like kokoro connect but not nearly as good. As for now, ima watch the 2nd season of owari no seraph and noragami. Gotta watch from where i stopped ^^

Also @BashZeStampeedo u recommended me an anime about a guy that had some powerful eyes, he uses goggles all the time, also the powers of ppl surrounding him were very exaggerated i remember saying that, and also he meets a girl thats kind of a ghost and his brother wants to kill MC, and i remember the last episode took a while to come out, and when it did it also lasted twice as usual(like 40 mins). I remember i never saw the last episode, but i can't form a short description of it to search on google, so maybe u remember which anime i'm talking about?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

1 hour ago, eelnico09 said:

Also @BashZeStampeedo u recommended me an anime about a guy that had some powerful eyes, he uses goggles all the time, also the powers of ppl surrounding him were very exaggerated i remember saying that, and also he meets a girl thats kind of a ghost and his brother wants to kill MC, and i remember the last episode took a while to come out, and when it did it also lasted twice as usual(like 40 mins). I remember i never saw the last episode, but i can't form a short description of it to search on google, so maybe u remember which anime i'm talking about?

Sounds like Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen. I remember hearing that it actually got a good dub, too.

19 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Sounds like Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen. I remember hearing that it actually got a good dub, too.

Yes!! Kekkai Sensen, that was it! Gonna finally watch the last episode.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

This baby came in the mail today. Cant wait to try it out. Have to work tho so i guess it will have to wait.....20160706_154706.jpg20160706_153924.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

6 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

nice. perhaps review it when you have the chance?

there is plenty of vive reviews out thoso theres not really much more to add. its an idea and even catcloud has one as well so maybe idk yet

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

23 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

his baby came in the mail today. Cant wait to try it out. Have to work tho so i guess it will have to wait.....

Nice. I`ll wait till the time VR hentai is available. :3

tumblr_o3xiwlHO331v57tj1o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Belgarionbg said:

Nice. I`ll wait till the time VR hentai is available. :3

Only the most noble of motivations I see. :P

I do believe that VR hentai is already a thing though. I recall seeing a couple of articles about it. Of what quality and amounts I am unsure, but hey, I'll leave that for you to figure out.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Btw I think that HTC designers had some inspiration from elfen lied xD

Kd44XSQ.jpg

No? May be it`s just me then.

17 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

Btw I think that HTC designers had some inspiration from elfen lied

Not even remotely. Also, terrible anime.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

200 dollars (plus shipping and custom fees) poorer and 7 months until release... But it will be worth it.

(Not Safe For Work Link. Girl in suggestive clothes. Click here on your own risk).

Now let's all pray that it is cast-off.

30 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

200 dollars (plus shipping and custom fees) poorer and 7 months until release... But it will be worth it.

(Not Safe For Work Link. Girl in suggestive clothes. Click here on your own risk).

Now let's all pray that it is cast-off.

That's alot of money...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^