Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 hours ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

so what is the best of the best.

Ho boy...

Well, let's just list of some that I consider must watch:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ghost in the Shell (movies and the 'stand alone complex' series, but not the recent OVA)

Psychopass 1 (just pretend Season 2 never existed)

Serial Experiments Lain

Tokyo Godfathers

Pretty much any Ghibli movie.

Texhnolyze

K-On! (yes I am serious)

Welcome to the N.H.K.

Steins Gate

Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū

One Punch Man (even if just to witness the insane animation quality)

Kill la Kill

FLCL

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (it's fucking mental, just roll with it)

Cowboy Bebop

Gunbuster (because ya'll need to know where the term 'gainaxing' comes from)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Legend of Galactic Heroes

Sailor Moon (DUH!)

Black Lagoon

Berserk (but, for the love everything sacred, NOT the recent CGI series. Please don't, I beg you!)

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

8 hours ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Hay guys I haven't watched many classic anime so I was wondering what are some of the if you watch anime you have to watch this type shows. Ive seen most of the popular ones like magi, the girl who lept through time, death note and stuff like that. The most recent one I watched was gurren lagon and it was amazing, so what is the best of the best. Thanks for any help.

Im not even sure I would call all of these classics but here are some. 

cowboy bebop

trigun

ghost in the shell

FLCL

dragon ball

rurouni kenshin

R.O.D OVA

R.O.D the TV

so i managed to beat persona 4 emulated with pcsx2... what a neat game. think it's one of my favorites now lol. but a shame that persona 5 won't have a US release until next year.. i dont think i can wait that long 

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

-such wow, much masculine, snip-

So manly...
Z8ljU7L.png

That compared to me. I'm fine with this result though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

So manly...

That compared to me. I'm fine with this result though.

link to test?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

link to test?

http://www.celebritytypes.com/gender/test.php

I believe that's the one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Also, these tests are stupid.  My friend linked me to it, and it said he was half man half woman. xD  So, I did this to piss him off.

They are indeed stupid.
The only "good" test out there, is probably the personality test found here
https://www.16personalities.com
The result described me perfectly, it did as well for a friend and many others who tried it.

INTJ master race~ 9_9

oks.PNG

looks like i'm just typical

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

looks like i'm just typical

Same.

jyipg.png

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I think we know who the true pack alpha is!

30698-armstrong.jpg

it doesn't test the persons sanity so therefore i still am pack leader

Spoiler

It does when you are Norwegian!  *flexes in Old Norse*

except it still doesn't test the persons sanity(ethnicity means nothing in internet tests) so therefore i am still the pack leader

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It kinda does.  My ancestor's job was to settle land disputes with his sanity and muscles. xD 

but your not your ancestor

Spoiler

Odin allowed me to come back because I'm that fucking glorious.

then he is not your ancestor, he is just you, so therefore i am still pack leader because i am newer

Spoiler

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Yes and no.  Soul yes, body no.  I just miss my old glorious pecs and my glorious six packs.  This new body sucks.

Ade Due Damballa. Give me the power, I beg of you.
Leveau mercier du bois chaloitte.
Secoise entienne mais pois de morte.
Morteisma lieu de vocuier de mieu vochette.
Endelieu pour du boisette damballa (x3)

then work your new body to be glorious again, not like it was ever glorious

Spoiler

That conversation sure went to strange places...

Holy.. I just started watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru, this anime is freaking awesome already!

5 minutes ago, Tokuninashi said:

Been a while. How's everyone doing?

Just woke up about 5 minutes ago thanks to mosquitoes getting into my room. It's 5:09am in the morning... heading back to bed shortly. 

Welcome back!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

6 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Just woke up about 5 minutes ago thanks to mosquitoes getting into my room. It's 5:09am in the morning... heading back to bed shortly. 

Welcome back!

tumblr_o6yh1kIeg11shq4d3o1_500.gif

32 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Welcome back!

Mosquitoes suck. :(

Thanks man! Gonna stick around :P

Just watched episode 5 of Rewrite. I must say, I'm disappointed.

I would've loved if they had kept the horror/spooky story feeling of the VN for that part, but no, instead they changed and skipped so many details that the story was ordinary at best.(possible spoilers coming up... though mostly for the VN)

I mean really, Koutarou didn't even speak to Lucia(while she was "freaking out") on the phone after calling everybody on the list, we didn't see the super spicy parfait's scene with chihaya, which would've led Koutarou to talking to that Baraki guy inside the store and all the lights exploding... Instead we got a quick scene outside of what seemed to be a store and the exchange of a recording device...

I really hope that things change for the better later on, otherwise this might just be just another ordinary/boring anime to me, which would be unfortunate considering the VN is easily in my top 5 best VN.

15 hours ago, Supermangik said:

Holy.. I just started watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru, this anime is freaking awesome already!

ooh, you're in for a treat

Started watching Higurashi no naku koro ni for a change and so far it's really interesting tho I don't like the way some characters change their nature each timeline, I'm on episode 12 btw.

Also, it's good to be back.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

15 hours ago, Supermangik said:

Hope you enjoy cliffhangers and waiting a whole week for the next episode.

3 hours ago, azurezeed said:

Started watching Higurashi no naku koro ni for a change and so far it's really interesting tho I don't like the way some characters change their nature each timeline, I'm on episode 12 btw.

Also, it's good to be back.

That series is a bit "out there" in terms of how confusing/weird things get but its really good.  It makes sense things won't happen exactly the same each time things reset.  Each time through the characters make different choices that affect how things play out.  Basically like a VN. 

You may already be aware but there's another season and I think an OVA.  Season 2 has Kai at the end of the title and I've been told explains some more of the story to help fill in gaps not covered in season 1.  The OVA is When they Cry Rei but idk what it's about.

If you like Higurashi you should watch Umineko: When They Cry.  It's a really good supernatural murder mystery that is rather tricky to keep track of all the twists and turns but it's sooo good.  ?