Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I hope you get your package ASAP. If you're anything like me I want my package NOW not having to wait weeks for it. Especially when stuff sits in customs for a bunch of days and doesn't update.

Thats why I payed extra for the fastest shipping option. I wanted it before the long weekend. If I don't receive it before then I wasted the extra money on expedited only to have the package arrive in the same amount of time it would have taken with the normal shipping option.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I would be happy if international packages would be sitting in customs for a bunch of days here. They sit in customs for more than 2 weeks here usually.

Thats why I payed extra for the fastest shipping option. I wanted it before the long weekend. If I don't receive it before then I wasted the extra money on expedited only to have the package arrive in the same amount of time it would have taken with the normal shipping option.

I've ordered Stuff from FUNimation before which is a 4 hour drive from my house. And it still takes a week to arrive... <_<

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

ya that annoys me. I paid for 2 day from one place and then they didn't even try to ship it for 3 days and when they did it was on friday so I still didn't get it for 3 more days that annoyed the hell out of me.

I've ordered Stuff from FUNimation before which is a 4 hour drive from my house. And it still takes a week to arrive... <_<

ya that annoys me. I paid for 2 day from one place and then they didn't even try to ship it for 3 days and when they did it was on friday so I still didn't get it for 3 more days that annoyed the hell out of me.

Its only because newegg is so tight on their shipping addresses. Last time I ordered from them prior to this I tried to use my actual address only to have them cancel the order 3 days later because it didn't match the billing address. By that point the item was out of stock so I couldn't replace the order with the proper address. Now I actually use the proper address only to have them send the order using a service that doesn't send to post office boxes.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Its only because newegg is so tight on their shipping addresses. Last time I ordered from them prior to this I tried to use my actual address only to have them cancel the order 3 days later because it didn't match the billing address. By that point the item was out of stock so I couldn't replace the order with the proper address. Now I actually use the proper address only to have them send the order using a service that doesn't send to post office boxes.

nice with newegg I tend to get things next day with standard shipping because I live like 30mins drive from their will call store lol

nice with newegg I tend to get things next day with standard shipping because I live like 30mins drive from their will call store lol

I hate you.

Amazon Warehouse is 40 minutes drive from my house but they don't offer say day delivery for my area sadly. Things still arrive the next day though.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

K...

ic81HX0.png

Do you just follow everything or you just never check your notifications?

Spoiler

-

K...

ic81HX0.png

:D

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Do you just follow everything or you just never check your notifications?

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Second one.

Spoiler

Second one.

omg a wild zap has appeared ~throws poke ball~

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

you do realize that you will need a master ball

Second one.

~throws masterball~

Spoiler

K...

ic81HX0.png

Nice. Enjoy the reading.

I hate you.

Amazon Warehouse is 40 minutes drive from my house but they don't offer say day delivery for my area sadly. Things still arrive the next day though.

I live 40 min from nothing. Take that.

you do realize that you will need a master ball

~throws masterball~

You both throw to only have them returned to yout face at twice the speed.

Blarg

Nice. Enjoy the reading. I live 40 min from nothing. Take that. You both throw to only have them returned to yout face at twice the speed.

#worth it

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

K...

ic81HX0.png

How long have u been off the forum?

I left from februrary to july, had 8.8k notifications and the only thing i follow is this thread.

And no, i didn't read a single page of the 8.8k notifications, assumed everything was spam/random stuff.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I left from februrary to july, had 8.8k notifications and the only thing i follow is this thread.

And no, i didn't read a single page of the 8.8k notifications, assumed everything was spam/random stuff.

assuming it is all for this thread she has not checked them since around august 4th

But there was alot of important info you missed out on!

I actually wasn't as active during that time either however I didn't follow this thread so I received no notifications.

Spoiler

-

Detroit Metal City seems like it might be really good

Setup is a young college grad that loves pop music and wants to become a pop singer, but ended up in a metal band.
The girl in this scene also likes the kind of pop music he wants to sing, but hates the kind of music that he's currently making (he is Krauser)

not bad, had a few giggles
note the audio/res is really shit because it's hard to make a 2 minute webm <7mb

http://w.webms.org/rKj4ARAO.webm

Did you even hear their truck pass by your house? That's some BS.

I prefer to use DHL for international shipments. But sadly all the figures I just ordered from AmiAmi uses EMS which is USPS... Lets see how that goes.

Wow, 100$ for a Sento and 100$ at a 3% off sale for Mami

Error: 410

Like one month . But I was following other threads / subforums.

K...

ic81HX0.png

i used to have something like that. until @Vitalius showed us that you can click a dropdown menu that leads you to the first unread post

Compression ratio is the alpha and omega.

No adaptation will be 100% faithful, but will have to be compressed.

Fate/Stay Night for example is a 50~ish hour VN. (as read out loud) It has 49 episodes and a movie, which equates to roughly 20 hours of total adaptation without overlap. That means the compression is 2,5 VN hours equals 1 adapted hour. This is in the ball park of what is typically considered a good compression ratio.

Grisaia no Kajitsu is a 75 hour VN. It has 13 episodes, which equates to roughly 4,75 hours of adaptation. That means the compression ratio is nearly 16:1!! 16 hours of VN per 1 hour of anime!

Considering both of the aforementioned VNs are ranked in the top 10 translated visual novels of all time, it's pretty shocking how badly the latter was treated.

This can somewhat (if in a fiddly way) be attributed to manga as well, though when it comes to light novels and novels, the way it's brought to life is roughly as important - since most readers have imagined it differently in their heads.

Shuffle! is a visual novel, not a light novel - but I agree.

huh, it took me 150 hours to finish reading F/sn. guess i'm a slow reader (then again i went back and reread some parts) 

edit: whoops not 150 hours. more like 80 or so 

But there was alot of important info you missed out on!

I actually wasn't as active during that time either however I didn't follow this thread so I received no notifications.

I doubt i missed anything important

Detroit Metal City seems like it might be really good

Setup is a young college grad that loves pop music and wants to become a pop singer, but ended up in a metal band.

The girl in this scene also likes the kind of pop music he wants to sing, but hates the kind of music that he's currently making.

not bad, had a few giggles

note the audio is really shit because it's hard to make a 2 minute webm <7mb

(oh thats cause i fucked up, hang on on editing..)

http://w.webms.org/eLPQbSeZ.webm

OMG THATS HILARIOUS.

I'm not a fan of the artstyle though, but i guess it fits the anime.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I doubt i missed anything important

OMG THATS HILARIOUS.

I'm not a fan of the artstyle though, but i guess it fits the anime.

the art style isn't really too important in things like this I think

the cropping they do to not need to include static areas was a unique touch. Handbrake kept trying to autocrop it lol.

it seems really similar to Cromartie

Error: 410