Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Demotivational.Poster.240.740137.jpg

not even mad, this is amazing

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A few jump to mind:

Kenshin

Ranma 1/2

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Astro Boy

Galaxy Express 999

Maison Ikkoku

City Hunter

Space Runaway Ideon

Record of Lodoss War

Slayers

Kenshin is a bit long and too shonen. It fits the time period but id stick it with DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. More of the "FMA of its time" (kinda).

Ranma I dont know where to go with that really, probably a bit old. Its a good one but not the right feel due to age and style.

Also the gymnastics announcer for the dub its totally the same as the one for the stadium in pokemon i swear.

Astro Boy, Galaxy Express 999, Maison Ikkoku, City Hunter are all a bit old. Those are all 80's anime at the newest If I recall. Were looking for 90's here, maybe early 00's (I think)

Record of Lodoss War and Slayers should fit the bill well, Slayers for sure

@TheProfosist has done far more led swaps and backlight stuff then I have so he would probably be more help. Assuming that the board doesn't just fry the LEDs it should work. Different LEDs use different voltages so you may need to swap some resistors to make up for the different LEDs needs.

Yea you need 3mm I recommend Kingbright, they are on Mouser. You need to change the resistors to account for the forward voltage due to the color or type of the LEDs.

Monster Musume annoys me. I really want to drop it because 90% of the characters suck and the lack of comedy.

But Papi and Doppel keep me around though both feature way too little.

This is why I hate 98% of harems, almost all of them have like 1-2 characters worth screen time. The only harem with all good characters was Grisaia and they managed to fuck that one up. /frustratedrant

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Monster Musume annoys me. I really want to drop it because 90% of the characters suck and the lack of comedy.

But Papi and Doppel keep me around though both feature way too little.

This is why I hate 98% of harems, almost all of them have like 1-2 characters worth screen time. The only harem with all good characters was Grisaia and they managed to fuck that one up. /frustratedrant

I didn't have that many issues with grisaia...what's yours?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I didn't have that many issues with grisaia...what's yours?

Well if you've read the visual novel, Kajitsu as an adaptation is a joke. Especially Yumiko, Michiru and Sachi (best girl) got thrown under the bus, then thrown under another bus, then shat on. It's a 65+ hour long VN crammed into 13 episodes (longer than Fate/Stay Night which have had four times as many episodes to cover it in various adaptations)

And while Makina's route wasn't TERRIBLY adapted, it was the weaker route in the novel to begin with and still not "well done" comparatively.

Meikyuu and Rakuen however were adapted better than the visual novels themselves, so at least they did something properly. Unfortunately, Kajitsu is the best of the three novels, so that would have been the one to get right. Could have been a classic too.

Anime-only watchers wouldn't even begin to comprehend the back story of for example Michiru properly, the things they left out in that route were so important they shouldn't even have bothered. As for Yumiko and Sachi, those were just terrible jokes not worth a damn.

I can only forget episodes 4-9 existed, and have to treat Grisaia no Kajitsu's adaptation as an exclusive adaptation of Amane's route only to even begin to remember it as something that has birthright.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My internet speed is at it's max of......1.4 mbs.

maybe you should steal STRM's( http://linustechtips.com/main/user/112530-strmfrmxmn/ ) internet he has very fast internet, and you both live in oregon

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You know it's going to be a rubbish day when your first lecture is explaining the science of pus and sputum *sigh* 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

You know it's going to be a rubbish day when your first lecture is explaining the science of pus and sputum *sigh*

Now I wish I was there because that sounds sexy...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

I've had teachers that sound very boring during lecture...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I've had teachers that sound very boring during lecture...

Twice the turn on...

maybe you should steal STRM's( http://linustechtips.com/main/user/112530-strmfrmxmn/ ) internet he has very fast internet, and you both live in oregon

ehh he's like 300 miles away.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Nah. You'd want to be there for the lectures on pelvic examinations for that. They are always interesting...

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

U guys think its okay to say an anime is bad because it's a bad adaptation of the original source being ethier LN or Manga? Specially if people that don't know anything about the original are going to read said opinion?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

ehh he's like 300 miles away.

still 80down 20up iirc, is worth it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

U guys think its okay to say an anime is bad because it's a bad adaptation of the original source being ethier LN or Manga? Specially if people that don't know anything about the original are going to read said opinion?

http://channelawesome.com/what-we-had-to-watch-dragonball-evolution/

As he says here being faithful to the source material doesn't inherently make it good. Being faithful for the sake of fanboys when it wrecks it for general viewing of anyone else is a bad idea. Heck some things have to dropped for adaption out of common sense.

Faithful can be good. But it's not a marker of quality. See last air bender movie

Well those movies are special cases because the movies are jus bad quality. The question goes to the people that influenced by the better experience they had with the original source give bad reviews/ratings to the anime, even though some people will not know anything about the original material.

I think everything should be taken as a one thing, anime is anime, ln/manga is ln/manga.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Looking back at the spring season to see if I found anything interesting because the only show I've watched from it so far is Danmachi and I found this:

http://www.animemaru.com/kekkai-sensen-delayed-until-people-lose-interest/

No kidding. Season one when?

I have to say, I can really get into manga, but it is dependent on two things. The first is the art style. I am more than happy to read a rubbish plot, if the art is really good just because I like da pretty pictures. Likewise, I will read a poorly drawn piece if the plot is compelling enough. However, I usually end up reading manga if I've finished an anime and want to fill in more information or want to see how the story differs/continues in the manga adaptation. I certainly have no issue switching between the two and I feel each have their own merits.

Sounds like me with just about anything. Does it have any redeeming qualities that justify pressing on with it? Then I probably will, unless there are better things to focus on first. But sometimes the pictures just aren't pretty enough, or the plot compelling enough, for me to press on.

Anime adaptations have always tended to be "intros" to the source material, and have always struggled to satisfy both people who have a pole up their butts about reading things, and those who wanted to see their beloved crappy kid's stories adapted just the way they wanted them to be adapted. They usually only succeed by pandering to one of those extremes, and end up disappointing if they try to end up anywhere in the middle.

Not really. If it's bad on its own merits, then it's bad. You need to detach yourself from the source material, since few anime will be able to have the episodes to properly finish the manga's run to begin with. It will almost assuredly have to deviate from the manga in some way if it wants to end, and if it doesn't then it will almost assuredly suffer as a stand-alone work. Classic catch-22. People really need to learn to accept that their beloved source material will always still be there, just as good or bad as they like it, and that the anime must ADAPT it to be an anime. Better to have two good things drawing people into the franchise than two poor ones that only survive on the fumes of a fandom blinded by nostalgia.

No kidding. Season one when?

Sounds like me with just about anything. Does it have any redeeming qualities that justify pressing on with it? Then I probably will, unless there are better things to focus on first. But sometimes the pictures just aren't pretty enough, or the plot compelling enough, for me to press on.

Anime adaptations have always tended to be "intros" to the source material, and have always struggled to satisfy both people who have a pole up their butts about reading things, and those who wanted to see their beloved crappy kid's stories adapted just the way they wanted them to be adapted. They usually only succeed by pandering to one of those extremes, and end up disappointing if they try to end up anywhere in the middle.

Not really. If it's bad on its own merits, then it's bad. You need to detach yourself from the source material, since few anime will be able to have the episodes to properly finish the manga's run to begin with. It will almost assuredly have to deviate from the manga in some way if it wants to end, and if it doesn't then it will almost assuredly suffer as a stand-alone work. Classic catch-22.

Some Mangas never finish or have awful rushed endings as a result too

are those videos in first person?

They are. All but some early ones that were mounted to the barrel.

If they are that would be awesome.

I find myself trying to lean around corners while rewatching them.

My internet speed is at it's max of......1.4 mbs.

Have a cookie.

bYVl2.gif

Maybe @wolfgang  had a GoPro in his mouth... :lol:

Current camera setup on the mask I wear.

20150903_075807.jpg

Blarg

@Charger polling thread?

it will get done tonight. I may want to talk to you about what im thinking about doing at some point since im not sure how I'm going to be doing this

Not really. If it's bad on its own merits, then it's bad. You need to detach yourself from the source material, since few anime will be able to have the episodes to properly finish the manga's run to begin with. It will almost assuredly have to deviate from the manga in some way if it wants to end, and if it doesn't then it will almost assuredly suffer as a stand-alone work. Classic catch-22. People really need to learn to accept that their beloved source material will always still be there, just as good or bad as they like it, and that the anime must ADAPT it to be an anime. Better to have two good things drawing people into the franchise than two poor ones that only survive on the fumes of a fandom blinded by nostalgia.

I guess it's hard, i don't read manga but i've seen maaaaaany times people both here and MAL/sytes like that where people keep in mind the source material A LOT when talking about the anime. Probably what you were saying yesterday about imagination is an important factor, people picture the story/scenario/voices/sounds in some way and then the anime is handed to the viewer as one thing and you have to take it that way, this is specially annoying/bad for the people that watch anime that are based on LN's with different routes and the viewer doesn't like the route of the anime.

I guess it's hard, i don't read manga but i've seen maaaaaany times people both here and MAL/sytes like that where people keep in mind the source material A LOT when talking about the anime. Probably what you were saying yesterday about imagination is an important factor, people picture the story/scenario/voices/sounds in some way and then the anime is handed to the viewer as one thing and you have to take it that way, this is specially annoying/bad for the people that watch anime that are based on LN's with different routes and the viewer doesn't like the route of the anime.

I've seen vnes adaptions develop harem endings due not wanting to offend fans of various routes of the vn

Some Mangas never finish or have awful rushed endings as a result too

It's a problem with any adaptation, really. The source material is likely to be the best, though there are obviously cases where it can be improved-upon, and the adaptation takes advantage of that (though that seems really rare in anime).

There are just people who can't into liking something when it's not exactly the same as the version they already like, except "better" in some nebulous way they can't even decide on themselves. I find it incredibly sad, but that's how it goes. Adapting something to the screen is a risky proposition, as you'll be adding or changing voice actors, musicians, character designs, and story points. It will never be the same, and the closer it is, the worse it generally becomes because they're forcing it too much (it's just the manga with a bit of animation and voice acting - whoop de doo).

Just look at the Unlimited Blade Works anime as an example of how complicated it is. Complete trash for a lot of people, fans of the VN included, because they were too timid to improve on the pacing, and re-jig the story to work better as a narrative instead of a VN, yet they apparently still changed just enough to piss on a lot of the fans. A timid adaptation like that has to simply throw money into the animation and hope for the best. And yet, that's all they needed to do; there was enough momentum from the fandom regardless to carry it across the finish line and make it one of the most popular anime of the year. Can't have nice things, etc.

Was looking for 90's here, maybe early 00's (I think)

Oh.. ok. Here's a few random ones I recall being from 1990-2001 or so:

Escaflowne

GTO

Serial Experiments Lain

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Giant Robo

Cardcaptor Sakura

Big O

Crest/Banner of the Stars

Excel Saga

Haibane Renmei

His and Her Circumstances

Hellsing (the first anime)

Hare+Guu

Neo Ranga

Popolocrois Monogatari

Sci-fi Harry

Jin Roh

Outlaw Star

Simoun

I've seen vnes adaptions develop harem endings due not wanting to offend fans of various routes of the vn

Me too, and i hate it. I loved Shuffle! and i didn't even know it was based on a LN, but i loved it because it was a harem that in the end MC ended up with one of the girls. Not like many others that end up with no romantic relationship even though romance is a very big factor.