Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

... Read this.

W40K seriously had the most intense-sounding idea of space travel.

Let me take you through the average Warp travel procedure.

The Captain calls down to prep the ship for Warp expedition. At that time, 12000 slaves who have never seen the outside of the work galley begin shoveling the dead bodies of the previous workers into massive furnaces along with whatever hard fuel source they have in storage, like a brutal Mr. Fusion. A field of pure psychic FUCK YOU is generated around the ship and the blinded, mentally traumatized man inside a metal egg begins screaming unendingly as he charts a course through the Warp, which is basically a giant ocean of pure emotion in which Unnamed Ones lounge around and fuck with humanity by the luxury of simply existing. The ship then plows into the miasma of what you could call Hell if you lacked imagination. Pray to the Holy Throne the Astropath doesn't accidentally get you lost, becomes possessed by a Daemon, or just explodes like a mushy human pinata from the mental stress of being around so much pure CANNOT BE. If the void shields even flicker on the 8000 year old vessel (which no one actually understands completely how to work), Daemons made of RAPE and LEMON JUICE will crawl into our reality and do things you literally cannot imagine to every soul aboard. I mean that. The very notion of understanding the completeness of the horror the human victims will be witness to would shatter your perception of reality and cause your head to explode.

Mission clock says they were only in the Warp for 5 days. It was 17 months for everyone aboard. They also missed their destination by a couple of solar systems and 80% of the crew is dead.
The Captain turns to his bridge staff and pops the cork on a vintage stock of Jherrik Ale and salutes another successful Warp Jump.

Welcome to 40K.

I want to read more of this. If you are interested in Warhammer 40K lore, read Gaunts Ghosts -> Eisenhorn -> Ravenor to start, then go from there (based on recommendations on Reddit, as I haven't read anything beyond the above paragraph).

The movie "Event Horizon" is so much like 40K that it's been accepted as canon as a prequel to the universe. I plan to watch it soon.

@MyInnerFred @wolfgang

The anime is strong with the Warhammer 40K universe.

post-2414-0-92172000-1441258759_thumb.pn

Reverse image search that if you want the original. It has a nude angel on the flag (which I cut out). It doesn't show sexual or explicit details. Just an outline of her body with the whole thing being skin-toned.

I feel like you guys have posted some of this stuff before like 100's of pages ago.

trolling.jpg

Mah saber.

Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Charger

Can I just use any old white LEDs with a keyboard as long as they are 3mm? Do they have to be a specific voltage?

Vortex just released a new firmware with official support for DIY LEDs on the Pok3r. I think all they added was the support to toggle the LEDs on and off with a hotkey. I know their controller supported it but I think they were thinking about making that function only available to those who purchased the LED specific model but then realized everyone wanted DIY support. 

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

ZLwDfMe.jpg 980ti is broken already ;-; (does this at stock clocks...) 

Apperently I can't have nice things

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

http://i.imgur.com/ZLwDfMe.jpg 980ti is broken already ;-;

Did you overclock it too high? Or does it just hate you?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Did you overclock it too high? Or does it just hate you?

thats at stock clocks ......

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

I think that is miia from monster musume. I have not watched or read it so i cant tell what is ecchi fan art vs real imaged from the manga / anime lol

so i will leave this image that seems like it may be a screen shot of the anime

THNiB2n.png

That explains some things.

I tried using my Nexus 6 camera but the auto focus on it sucks. I will be doing figure unboxings and overviews. So I need it to focus on small things like that to get the best detail. 

I currently also have a Sony Cybershot camera that I bought a while back (3years).

@Ruostunut kokis

Hmm... I haven't really heard about the Nexus 6 camera's auto focus issues. Guess that can be a nuisance.

What camera, exactly? There are loads of cameras in Sony's "Cybershot" line, for example I have two of them: Sony HDR CX260VE (consumer-level (low-end) camcorder) and Sony DSC RX100 Mk. 1 (enthusiast level (high-end) compact camera), both of which are part of said line of cameras, but very different cameras for very different users and for very different applications.

On that note, if you need a good camera for less than 300$, I can suggest looking at second-hand markets for said Sony RX100 (Mk. 1). The newer ones are a little bit better, but also more expensive, and the Mark 1 version is still a good pocket-sized beast of a camera. Better options than this do exist, but I can recommend this one if you would ever think of this option.

I can say though, that if the camera's visual quality is fine, just focus on the audio department first.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

@Charger

Can I just use any old white LEDs with a keyboard as long as they are 3mm? Do they have to be a specific voltage?

Vortex just released a new firmware with official support for DIY LEDs on the Pok3r. I think all they added was the support to toggle the LEDs on and off with a hotkey. I know their controller supported it but I think they were thinking about making that function only available to those who purchased the LED specific model but then realized everyone wanted DIY support.

@TheProfosist has done far more led swaps and backlight stuff then I have so he would probably be more help. Assuming that the board doesn't just fry the LEDs it should work. Different LEDs use different voltages so you may need to swap some resistors to make up for the different LEDs needs.

Hmm... I haven't really heard about the Nexus 6 camera's auto focus issues. Guess that can be a nuisance.

What camera, exactly? There are loads of cameras in Sony's "Cybershot" line, for example I have two of them: Sony HDR CX260VE (consumer-level (low-end) camcorder) and Sony DSC RX100 Mk. 1 (enthusiast level (high-end) compact camera), both of which are part of said line of cameras, but very different cameras for very different users and for very different applications.

On that note, if you need a good camera for less than 300$, I can suggest looking at second-hand markets for said Sony RX100 (Mk. 1). The newer ones are a little bit better, but also more expensive, and the Mark 1 version is still a good pocket-sized beast of a camera. Better options than this do exist, but I can recommend this one if you would ever think of this option.

I don't currently have it with me rightnow so I don't have the exact model number but, it is very similar to this one. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSCW610-Digital-2-7-Inch/dp/B006K555HM

The RX100 series look great but I didn't want to spend more than $500 since it will just be more of a hobby for me.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I don't currently have it with me rightnow so I don't have the exact model number but, it is very similar to this one. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSCW610-Digital-2-7-Inch/dp/B006K555HM

The RX100 series look great but I didn't want to spend more than $500 since it will just be more of a hobby for me.

Doesn't look too shabby, but should get the job done. For just starting the hobby, basically any usable camera will do. Though if the in-built microphone is crap, then you should worry about the audio. Note that most camera enthusiast will say that all in-built camera microphones are "sh*t", especially on DSLRs, but IMO those claims are not as valid for just casual hobbyists. I can understand that for professional applications, but not so much outside of that.

As I have said, there are newer cameras on the RX100 line, but the first one (Mark 1) is still great, and only less than 300$ second-handed (usually), and around 400$ or less as new.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Doesn't look too shabby, but should get the job done. For just starting the hobby, basically any usable camera will do. Though if the in-built microphone is crap, then you should worry about the audio. Note that most camera enthusiast will say that all in-built camera microphones are "sh*t", especially on DSLRs, but IMO those claims are not as valid for just casual hobbyists. I can understand that for professional applications, but not so much outside of that.

As I have said, there are newer cameras on the RX100 line, but the first one (Mark 1) is still great, and only less than 300$ second-handed (usually), and around 400$ or less as new.

Thanks! I'll try using this one for now and I might get the RX100 during Cyber Monday or if goes on sale.

Spoiler

-

Cool thank I think I'll go ahead and buy it now that's it's on sale. Now to find a pretty decent camera.

I think I will buy it also. Been looking for new video software. My current 2 programs are shit.

See that tiny light reaching escape velocity for the Universe? No, of course you don't.

Well, it was the joke. And boy did I miss it.

>3 capital ships drop in suddenly

NOPENOPENOPENOPE

https://i.imgur.com/DPOQTJG.webm

https://i.imgur.com/DPOQTJG.gif

That drop-in animation tho...

That audio tho...

Tank_retreat_NOPE.gif

I like capital ships. 

... Read this.

I want to read more of this. If you are interested in Warhammer 40K lore, read Gaunts Ghosts -> Eisenhorn -> Ravenor to start, then go from there (based on recommendations on Reddit, as I haven't read anything beyond the above paragraph).

The movie "Event Horizon" is so much like 40K that it's been accepted as canon as a prequel to the universe. I plan to watch it soon.

@MyInnerFred @wolfgang

The anime is strong with the Warhammer 40K universe.

attachicon.gifHoloIsThatYou.png

Reverse image search that if you want the original. It has a nude angel on the flag (which I cut out). It doesn't show sexual or explicit details. Just an outline of her body with the whole thing being skin-toned.

I feel like you guys have posted some of this stuff before like 100's of pages ago.

Mah saber.

yande-re-292845-armor-shameimaru_aya-swo

980ti is broken already ;-; (does this at stock clocks...) 

Good job. You have been upgraded to intel hd4000 graphics for the next month.

Blarg

Thanks! I'll try using this one for now and I might get the RX100 during Cyber Monday or if goes on sale.

If you have more questions, or want to have better advice, shoot some questions at the Photo/Video sub-forum, and some more qualified people like ShadowCaptain (didnt want to tag) can give some useful advice.

I think I will buy it also. Been looking for new video software. My current 2 programs are shit.

I just installed Movie Studio Platinum 13. I'm a noob at editing videos but I will learn. I plan on releasing my first Youtube video next week. It will more than likely suck but I'm just going to do it for fun and give me something to do on my days off.

Spoiler

-

I just installed Movie Studio Platinum 13. I'm a noob at editing videos but I will learn. I plan on releasing my first Youtube video next week. It will more than likely suck but I'm just going to do it for fun and give me something to do on my days off.

I record my paintball games and put some on youtube. Used windows movie maker for years. Worked fine on my laptop. Crashes on my desktop. Tried lightworks and it distorts the audio with 60fps footage. Now I am here.

Blarg

I record my paintball games and put some on youtube. Used windows movie maker for years. Worked fine on my laptop. Crashes on my desktop. Tried lightworks and it distorts the audio with 60fps footage. Now I am here.

are those videos in first person?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

If they are that would be awesome.

Spoiler

-

-snip-

I have to say, I can really get into manga, but it is dependent on two things. The first is the art style. I am more than happy to read a rubbish plot, if the art is really good just because I like da pretty pictures. Likewise, I will read a poorly drawn piece if the plot is compelling enough. However, I usually end up reading manga if I've finished an anime and want to fill in more information or want to see how the story differs/continues in the manga adaptation. I certainly have no issue switching between the two and I feel each have their own merits.  

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

My internet speed is at it's max of......1.4 mbs.

:mellow:  :(  why?

Spoiler

-

My internet speed is at it's max of......1.4 mbs.

Ouch!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

If they are that would be awesome.

Maybe @wolfgang  had a GoPro in his mouth... :lol:

Seriously though: in many video games, the first person view is not quite on the eye-level, but closer to chest, perhaps slightly bellow the mouth or right in-front of the mouth. Some traceurs (or "parkour participators") actually film with GoPros this way. Sure, there will be literal heavy breathing in the audio, that's why they don't usually include the audio. It results in the video also being more stable than with the head mount, plus it looks more what gamers are used to (head mount is really high), and chest mount is in the way for traceurs.

:mellow:  :(  why?

because bad internet.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

because bad internet.

/topkek/ 

Spoiler
Spoiler

@Charger polling thread?

@Charger right now

giphy.gif

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2